Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Ticket Promotions 08:56 - Aug 7 with 10791 viewstazzydjr

This coming season was told last night there will be no ticket promotional offers for non season ticket holders the excuse were it didn't work over last pre-season with 3 for 2 yet they want to try and attract 4000 home fans each week it's disappointing because this will be Rochdale's highest revenue season it's shocking that they will be expecting things just to fall in their lap

I can understand buying the stadium but no need to force it out of the pockets of the non-season ticket holders in the process £460-£506 is alot of money to shell out over 23 games then there is FA Cup, League Cup & League Trophy on top of this yet they are scared of devaluing a season ticket yet non season ticket holders have to pay way more something has to happen to keep people going if there is truly ambition there would be more effort than last season we was the only club in entire country not to do special offers for non season ticket holders
[Post edited 7 Aug 2015 9:16]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

No Ticket Promotions on 12:47 - Aug 7 with 2600 viewstazzydjr

No Ticket Promotions on 12:45 - Aug 7 by 1mark1

What's this about allocation extension for Oldham fans?

there getting extra tickets sent over to them this time around so they won't have any reason to be in the home ends

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

No Ticket Promotions on 12:49 - Aug 7 with 2584 views1mark1

No Ticket Promotions on 12:47 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

there getting extra tickets sent over to them this time around so they won't have any reason to be in the home ends

How many, and where are they for?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

No Ticket Promotions on 12:52 - Aug 7 with 2551 viewsboffley

No Ticket Promotions on 11:32 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

I use to sell programmes for the club the only reason I stopped that was because of the tram accident after Stockport County Reserves Away in Manchester Senior Cup in 2011 just days after the Plymouth Argyle win which did some major damage to my right leg if I had put in a claim you all would of moaned so I decided not to I love the club just as much as the person sat next to me

I would do any job for that place and not ask for a penny but maybe that's just my concept

Taz. I genuinely don't understand the content of this post.

1 If you are fit enough to travel hundreds of miles to away matches why can you not sell programs which after all primarily requires the use of your arms and hands rather than your legs?

2 What has an accident with a tram in the middle of Manchester got to do with putting in a claim against the club?
No Ticket Promotions on 12:57 - Aug 7 with 2520 viewstazzydjr

No Ticket Promotions on 12:52 - Aug 7 by boffley

Taz. I genuinely don't understand the content of this post.

1 If you are fit enough to travel hundreds of miles to away matches why can you not sell programs which after all primarily requires the use of your arms and hands rather than your legs?

2 What has an accident with a tram in the middle of Manchester got to do with putting in a claim against the club?

No if had i put in a claim against Metrolink you all would of moaned and moaned so i decided not to do that better than getting harassed about it like i have been about Czech or being told to do a Goldbond thing

No Ticket Promotions on 13:07 - Aug 7 with 2454 views_dezzy

No Ticket Promotions on 12:57 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

No if had i put in a claim against Metrolink you all would of moaned and moaned so i decided not to do that better than getting harassed about it like i have been about Czech or being told to do a Goldbond thing

i'd of done the claim but told no one, how would they know. ?

KHBA

No Ticket Promotions on 13:09 - Aug 7 with 2442 viewsboffley

No Ticket Promotions on 12:57 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

Tazzy. I find your response predictably frustrating.

Firstly you have totally ignored the first question. Could this be because it is difficult for you to answer?

Secondly I think the answer you have given to the second question is ridiculous. IF metrolink were in the wrong and you had successfully claimed from them then that would be your business and yours alone. Why would people have "moaned and moaned"? To say that you didn't claim because you would have been harassed simply defies belief!!!
No Ticket Promotions on 13:12 - Aug 7 with 2414 views1mark1

So yet another thread that has gone off topic, just so we can have people go on about another forum member.

Please can we have a separate thread about Tazzy , instead of hijacking of threads. Or maybe people can direct message him and find out everything about his personal life that way, as I for one am not interested in it.

No Ticket Promotions on 13:13 - Aug 7 with 2404 views1mark1

No Ticket Promotions on 12:47 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

How many extra, and where will they be for?

Login to get fewer ads

No Ticket Promotions on 13:15 - Aug 7 with 2388 viewsRosun

No Ticket Promotions on 12:49 - Aug 7 by 1mark1

How many, and where are they for?

It'll be for the whole of the Wilbutts Lane stand as it will be allocated seating.
Last season there were a couple of hundred seats held back as it was sit where you want.

The game has also been categorised as a C+ category game.

Other all-ticket games mentioned were bURY and Sheff Utd.

Hulk Hogan will be pleased.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2015 13:30]
No Ticket Promotions on 13:20 - Aug 7 with 2337 viewsboffley

No Ticket Promotions on 13:12 - Aug 7 by 1mark1

So yet another thread that has gone off topic, just so we can have people go on about another forum member.

Please can we have a separate thread about Tazzy , instead of hijacking of threads. Or maybe people can direct message him and find out everything about his personal life that way, as I for one am not interested in it.

Mark , please be assured that I have no wish to "hijack threads" or posting just to "go on about another forum member" . My initial post was a genuine reply to a post by Tazzy which I did not understand and which required clarifIcation.
No Ticket Promotions on 13:28 - Aug 7 with 2280 viewsupthedale

No Ticket Promotions on 09:26 - Aug 7 by Daley_Lama

"This coming season was told last night there will be no ticket promotional offers for non season ticket holders"

Hurrah, I have been wanting this for years.

As a season ticket holder who always has to miss a few games due to working away, it is always a tight call between getting a season ticket or paying for 16/17 games.

Previously I was not able to budget correctly as the club would throw in promotion after promotion which would mean I would have been better off not getting a season ticket, only I could not know this at the time of purchase as the promotions were not visible to me.

Now I can make a reasoned decision going forward and not feel cheated when these promotions come out.

A sensible decision by a modern thinking club.

#teamrochdale

I understand your point with this - I'm not in this boat myself but a few people I know are.

Would it have been worth the club using this as a selling point of the season ticket, kind of forewarning people about no "promotional offers"? I don't know if we could have done or not but it seems a shame if a few more people would have bought a season ticket on this basis.
No Ticket Promotions on 13:36 - Aug 7 with 2236 views1mark1

No Ticket Promotions on 13:20 - Aug 7 by boffley

Mark , please be assured that I have no wish to "hijack threads" or posting just to "go on about another forum member" . My initial post was a genuine reply to a post by Tazzy which I did not understand and which required clarifIcation.

Fair enough, boffley.

No Ticket Promotions on 13:38 - Aug 7 with 2234 views1mark1

No Ticket Promotions on 13:15 - Aug 7 by Rosun

It'll be for the whole of the Wilbutts Lane stand as it will be allocated seating.
Last season there were a couple of hundred seats held back as it was sit where you want.

The game has also been categorised as a C+ category game.

Other all-ticket games mentioned were bURY and Sheff Utd.

Hulk Hogan will be pleased.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2015 13:30]

Thanks for the answer. Just hope that the club finds ways to stop their fans from purchasing tickets for our areas.

No Ticket Promotions on 13:48 - Aug 7 with 2190 viewsColDale

there will still be match promotions this season as a result of the vouchers in the back of the season tickets. Without checking mine, there will still be the voucher for the £5 entry for a Tuesday night game and a couple of £10 entries. Any other match promotions would be further promotions, and its then when the season ticket becomes cheapened. It's fairly common to see these vouchers passed around before games allowing cheaper entry to people who were coming anyway, when the purpose should be to attract new supporters, not to reward existing supporters.

Don't blame anyone at all for taking advantage of these, but with the access to so many vouchers, you could attend every game and get in cheaper than you would by purchasing a season ticket holder.
No Ticket Promotions on 14:20 - Aug 7 with 2103 viewsflyerdale

From listening to what Colin Garlick had to say last night and reading on here its time some arrangements were made for season ticket loans were those who simply can't find £300+ in one hit could pay it off over the course of a season thus taking advantage of the excellent season ticket pricing. I'm not aware if we already do this but this could be the way forward for a cash strapped town such as ours.
No Ticket Promotions on 14:50 - Aug 7 with 2007 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

No Ticket Promotions on 12:35 - Aug 7 by 1907

Yes. Repeatedly. And it was embarrassing.

You could tell who in the room was there to complain about student discounts, passport to leisure etc.

Tazzy came out with a load of nonsense about how one of his mates has to pay 80 pounds a game to take his family into the ground. Dunphy's response was "who is it? The Vontraps?

Garlic also put Tazzy in his place about ticket prices. Tazzy then stood at the bar playing on his phone ignoring everything else that was said.

The ticket prices are a reflection on modern life. If you can't afford to sit in the main stand for instance then you will have to sit somewhere else. I can't afford to drive a BMW so I don't. It's just common sense and for the few constant complainers it must be so frustrating for directors that are working their arses off 24/7 to get things right for everyone.

Good response from the Chairman.
No Ticket Promotions on 15:07 - Aug 7 with 1937 viewsDaleiLama

No Ticket Promotions on 12:35 - Aug 7 by 1907

Yes. Repeatedly. And it was embarrassing.

You could tell who in the room was there to complain about student discounts, passport to leisure etc.

Tazzy came out with a load of nonsense about how one of his mates has to pay 80 pounds a game to take his family into the ground. Dunphy's response was "who is it? The Vontraps?

Garlic also put Tazzy in his place about ticket prices. Tazzy then stood at the bar playing on his phone ignoring everything else that was said.

The ticket prices are a reflection on modern life. If you can't afford to sit in the main stand for instance then you will have to sit somewhere else. I can't afford to drive a BMW so I don't. It's just common sense and for the few constant complainers it must be so frustrating for directors that are working their arses off 24/7 to get things right for everyone.

The mention of Dunphy and the Von Trapps in the same sentence filled my head with visions of nuns and the sound of .....

How do you solve a problem like attendance?
How do you catch a town and pin it down?
How do you find a crowd that fills a ground?
Oh how do you solve a problem like attendance?
How do you host a sell-out in your stands?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

No Ticket Promotions on 15:22 - Aug 7 with 1894 viewsnordenblue

No Ticket Promotions on 13:12 - Aug 7 by 1mark1

The problem is he talks that much garbage when people try to respond you can do nothing but go off topic,when attempting to put into perspective his rambling always a victim nonsense.
Hes been given countless offers of genuine help by many on here who've gone out of their way,yet he continues to bang the same drum about the costs.
Its much easier to complain about it than do something remotely productive that involves a degree of effort
No Ticket Promotions on 15:51 - Aug 7 with 1816 views1mark1

No Ticket Promotions on 15:22 - Aug 7 by nordenblue

The problem is he talks that much garbage when people try to respond you can do nothing but go off topic,when attempting to put into perspective his rambling always a victim nonsense.
Hes been given countless offers of genuine help by many on here who've gone out of their way,yet he continues to bang the same drum about the costs.
Its much easier to complain about it than do something remotely productive that involves a degree of effort

I do understand what you say. Maybe the use of the ignore button would be a good idea.

No Ticket Promotions on 15:54 - Aug 7 with 1802 viewsnordenblue

No Ticket Promotions on 15:51 - Aug 7 by 1mark1

I do understand what you say. Maybe the use of the ignore button would be a good idea.

Makes reading posts difficult,a bit like taking pages out of a book it doesn't quite "flow" properly
No Ticket Promotions on 15:57 - Aug 7 with 1785 viewsD_Alien

No Ticket Promotions on 15:51 - Aug 7 by 1mark1

Thing is, tazzy does add to the general cut and thrust of the forum. Providing none of us goes over the top in our comments about his posts, it shouldn't be a problem and I honestly don't think it's doing him any favours for people to be too defensive on his behalf.

Whatever his qualities and foibles (and don't we all have both), he has to live in the real world.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No Ticket Promotions on 16:03 - Aug 7 with 1750 views1mark1

No Ticket Promotions on 15:54 - Aug 7 by nordenblue

Makes reading posts difficult,a bit like taking pages out of a book it doesn't quite "flow" properly

Very true.

No Ticket Promotions on 16:06 - Aug 7 with 1736 views1mark1

No Ticket Promotions on 15:57 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

Thing is, tazzy does add to the general cut and thrust of the forum. Providing none of us goes over the top in our comments about his posts, it shouldn't be a problem and I honestly don't think it's doing him any favours for people to be too defensive on his behalf.

Whatever his qualities and foibles (and don't we all have both), he has to live in the real world.

OK, fair points made. Sometimes, some of the responses to him are over the top.

No Ticket Promotions on 16:16 - Aug 7 with 1703 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

No Ticket Promotions on 15:07 - Aug 7 by DaleiLama

The mention of Dunphy and the Von Trapps in the same sentence filled my head with visions of nuns and the sound of .....

How do you solve a problem like attendance?
How do you catch a town and pin it down?
How do you find a crowd that fills a ground?
Oh how do you solve a problem like attendance?
How do you host a sell-out in your stands?

He installed a heating system in the nunnery Maria was in.
No Ticket Promotions on 16:20 - Aug 7 with 1687 views1mark1

No Ticket Promotions on 16:16 - Aug 7 by Albert_Whitehurst

He installed a heating system in the nunnery Maria was in.

Maybe he can install an heating system for the stands when we own the ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024