Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham away... 08:32 - Mar 18 with 21083 viewsaleanddale

How things change...

2400 home fans at the 3 sided ground last night.. Oldham dropping like a stone.

This sets Tuesdays game up a treat.. Hopefully we can add to the current crisis at BP.
Oldham away... on 13:50 - Mar 19 with 3028 viewsShun

Oldham away... on 12:18 - Mar 19 by DaleiLama

Refreshingly honest post.
Also like the old-fashioned "would rather Rochdale got 6th spot than Barnsley" approach. Reminds me very much of dad's attitude ...... if it can't be your club, let's keep the trophy in the North West.
May not be a popular view on here, but with different results and Dale out of the hunt, I'd rather Oldham got the 6th spot than Barnsley too!

I'm of the same opinion. I always like to see NW clubs do well. City over Chelsea for instance.
Oldham away... on 13:54 - Mar 19 with 3021 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 13:48 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

How you arrived at this part of the journey means nothing, the point is it always happens doesn't it?
I don't profess to be Einstein but predicting what would happen with you lot this season was easy, the sheer euphoria on your faces at Spotland ensured the smirk would be removed and it has. Gloating before Easter always ends in tears, remember that.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 13:50]

So now we arent expected to enjoy a local win.... you are somethign else! amazing.

Always ends this way ... yep. I've never seen us get promoted or play at a decent level or play in semi finals and a final... all those years of 2nd and even 1st tier football over the last 40 years I watched are just dreams that I have made up.

We have as much chance of being promoted next season as Dale have, same the season after and the season after and the season after. Because, essentially, the clubs are very very similar. Oldham has a very silghtly larger core level of fans but that is it. You dont seem to be able to accept this for some reason and think Oldham are now a tiny tinpot club in the shadow of dale. I cant believe I actually read that somewhere earlier...
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 13:58]
Oldham away... on 13:56 - Mar 19 with 3013 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 13:50 - Mar 19 by Shun

I'm of the same opinion. I always like to see NW clubs do well. City over Chelsea for instance.

Me too. (excet for Man U). I was glad when Dale came up last year, I want Bury to come up too. I dont understand why lower league clubs fans would wish local rivals ill. A local game brings in cash.
Oldham away... on 13:59 - Mar 19 with 3000 viewsTalkingSutty

Oldham away... on 13:54 - Mar 19 by biffoboffo

So now we arent expected to enjoy a local win.... you are somethign else! amazing.

Always ends this way ... yep. I've never seen us get promoted or play at a decent level or play in semi finals and a final... all those years of 2nd and even 1st tier football over the last 40 years I watched are just dreams that I have made up.

We have as much chance of being promoted next season as Dale have, same the season after and the season after and the season after. Because, essentially, the clubs are very very similar. Oldham has a very silghtly larger core level of fans but that is it. You dont seem to be able to accept this for some reason and think Oldham are now a tiny tinpot club in the shadow of dale. I cant believe I actually read that somewhere earlier...
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 13:58]

I disagree, oldham are a bigger club but they seem to be getting smaller pretty quickly.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 14:00]
Oldham away... on 14:10 - Mar 19 with 2971 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 13:59 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

I disagree, oldham are a bigger club but they seem to be getting smaller pretty quickly.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 14:00]

We are a slightly bigger club with slighlty higher attendances, therefore the aspirations and opportunities are almost identical.

We arent getting smaller. As a club we are arguably bigger than we were 10 years ago. 10 years ago we were in a world of debt and didnt own our ground. You dont realy know what you are talking about when it comes to Oldham do you.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 14:10]
Oldham away... on 14:14 - Mar 19 with 2961 viewsDaley_Lama

Oldham backed by their Legion took us to the cleaners at home, were bigger, stronger, simply better than us on the day.

Really suprised at their drop since then, had them down as a playoff contender that evening.

Poll: DF in or out

Oldham away... on 14:18 - Mar 19 with 2947 viewstazzydjr

Oldham away... on 14:10 - Mar 19 by biffoboffo

We are a slightly bigger club with slighlty higher attendances, therefore the aspirations and opportunities are almost identical.

We arent getting smaller. As a club we are arguably bigger than we were 10 years ago. 10 years ago we were in a world of debt and didnt own our ground. You dont realy know what you are talking about when it comes to Oldham do you.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 14:10]

Least were not sponsored or even kitted out by Le Ashley brand circus just yet so its a positive

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Oldham away... on 14:21 - Mar 19 with 2936 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 14:14 - Mar 19 by Daley_Lama

Oldham backed by their Legion took us to the cleaners at home, were bigger, stronger, simply better than us on the day.

Really suprised at their drop since then, had them down as a playoff contender that evening.

role reversal on Tuesday... dont worry.
Login to get fewer ads

Oldham away... on 14:22 - Mar 19 with 2926 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 14:18 - Mar 19 by tazzydjr

Least were not sponsored or even kitted out by Le Ashley brand circus just yet so its a positive

Yeah, I'm sure your board would turn down a significant sponsorship from a billionaire if he turned up at Dale.
Oldham away... on 14:24 - Mar 19 with 2916 viewstazzydjr

Oldham away... on 14:22 - Mar 19 by biffoboffo

Yeah, I'm sure your board would turn down a significant sponsorship from a billionaire if he turned up at Dale.

Le Ashley circus isn't a very popular brand to be associated at the moment especially what he's doing to Gers while owning the Magpies
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 14:25]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Oldham away... on 14:28 - Mar 19 with 2908 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 14:24 - Mar 19 by tazzydjr

Le Ashley circus isn't a very popular brand to be associated at the moment especially what he's doing to Gers while owning the Magpies
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 14:25]

If you say so. Your board would still bite his arm off.
Oldham away... on 14:31 - Mar 19 with 2905 viewsolympicdale

Oldham away... on 11:24 - Mar 18 by oa85

I should have added 'imo', but seriously, look at the table. 16 points between yourselves and fourth. You cant honestly feel you are on a similar level to top four.

No one is saying we are, but in a one off game, the bigger teams will be under more pressure to succeed, if games were played based on cost/size of squad, there would be no cup upsets.

Life is a game of fate.

Oldham away... on 14:44 - Mar 19 with 2878 viewsdingdangblue

Oldham away... on 14:14 - Mar 19 by Daley_Lama

The team that beat us that day is totally different to the one that lost to Barnsley last Saturday. Daniel Johnson being the main loss (was on loan from villa now on loan at Preston) and obviously losing Lee Johnson.

Kenny
Wilson
Kusunga
Wilson
Mills
Dieng
Kelly
Jones
Johnson
Forte
Philliskirk

Kean
Brown
Lockwood
Kusunga
Sadler
Winchester
Jones
Woodland
Forte
Philliskirk
Wilkinson

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Oldham away... on 14:49 - Mar 19 with 2867 viewsaleanddale

I too am surprised - but not kidded - that Oldham have slumped so far so quickly.

I agree it was a bad day at the office at Spotland end of November oldham fully deserved there win..

It could go either way on Tuesday especially if oldham lose sat..

They will win a few between now and May and we know any side can beat any other.

First goal will be critical I think in deciding the outcome.
Oldham away... on 15:07 - Mar 19 with 2835 viewsTalkingSutty

Oldham away... on 14:49 - Mar 19 by aleanddale

I too am surprised - but not kidded - that Oldham have slumped so far so quickly.

I agree it was a bad day at the office at Spotland end of November oldham fully deserved there win..

It could go either way on Tuesday especially if oldham lose sat..

They will win a few between now and May and we know any side can beat any other.

First goal will be critical I think in deciding the outcome.

I thought our performance at home to Oldham was possibly our worst home display of the season, we did nothing during the game and most teams would have beaten us. We just didn't turn up.

Tuesday's tricky, the games you should win are often the ones you can come unstuck in. Home advantage makes the Biffos favourites I reckon and the injury excuse counts for nothing. I don't think a week as gone by this season when we haven't had crucial players missing. They should draft their kids in, that's what we've done.
Oldham away... on 15:19 - Mar 19 with 2815 viewsoa85

Oldham away... on 15:07 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

I thought our performance at home to Oldham was possibly our worst home display of the season, we did nothing during the game and most teams would have beaten us. We just didn't turn up.

Tuesday's tricky, the games you should win are often the ones you can come unstuck in. Home advantage makes the Biffos favourites I reckon and the injury excuse counts for nothing. I don't think a week as gone by this season when we haven't had crucial players missing. They should draft their kids in, that's what we've done.

our whole backfour is out injured, and our captain. Hardly an excuse.
Oldham away... on 15:22 - Mar 19 with 2812 viewsTalkingSutty

Oldham away... on 15:19 - Mar 19 by oa85

our whole backfour is out injured, and our captain. Hardly an excuse.

Play your kids, you might be surprised.
Oldham away... on 15:35 - Mar 19 with 2791 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 15:22 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

Play your kids, you might be surprised.

whole back four, the captain, no goalkeeper and a couple of other first 11.

I dont think we'd be surprised by a result with 6 kids thrown in... unsurprisingly we would lose.
Oldham away... on 18:26 - Mar 19 with 2625 viewsaleanddale

Oldham away... on 15:35 - Mar 19 by biffoboffo

whole back four, the captain, no goalkeeper and a couple of other first 11.

I dont think we'd be surprised by a result with 6 kids thrown in... unsurprisingly we would lose.

Think Holden might have drafted a couple in by Tuesday.

Could do with putting the Spotland game to bed with another 0-3 away win!!

That would be good karma.
Oldham away... on 19:18 - Mar 19 with 2557 viewsArthurDaley

Oldham away... on 18:26 - Mar 19 by aleanddale

Think Holden might have drafted a couple in by Tuesday.

Could do with putting the Spotland game to bed with another 0-3 away win!!

That would be good karma.

Signed someone called Gerrard, a defender from Uddersfield.

A large VAT Dave

Oldham away... on 19:32 - Mar 19 with 2525 views442Dale

Oldham away... on 19:18 - Mar 19 by ArthurDaley

Signed someone called Gerrard, a defender from Uddersfield.

Steven's cousin, ex Walsall, Cardiff.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oldham away... on 20:18 - Mar 19 with 2430 viewsrobshaker

regarding 3 sided grounds -

always considered spotland a 3 1/2 sided ground due to that sh itty non league bus shelter you have behind the goal on sandy lane.

just my input.

"that famous old ground Gigg Lane"
John Motson
Oldham away... on 20:22 - Mar 19 with 2421 viewsBrighouseDale

Oldham away... on 20:18 - Mar 19 by robshaker

always considered spotland a 3 1/2 sided ground due to that sh itty non league bus shelter you have behind the goal on sandy lane.

just my input.

John Motson

If only we had a joined up corner at Spotland. *closes eyes and DREAMS of the possibilities*

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Oldham away... on 20:29 - Mar 19 with 2405 viewspnc4eva1

Oldham away... on 20:18 - Mar 19 by robshaker

just my input.

John Motson

Despite the short comings of the Sandy at least we can stand up and enjoy the game as it should be

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Oldham away... on 20:34 - Mar 19 with 2391 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham away... on 10:29 - Mar 18 by oa85

clubs dropping like a stone, chairmans shafted us (again), three home games in 10 days (two of them local games with a lot more interest than MK dons). Its hardly surprising that only season ticket holders turned up. Still better than your 1700 at home when you were sat on the verge of the play offs.

But we haven't been the ones getting cheapies over how many fans we took to an away game, like your lot did in November.

We know our limits and the issues we have with small crowds; it's been discussed ad infinitum on here.

Your crowd the other night is more alarming, given the relative differences between the clubs.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024