Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans director betting scandal 08:56 - Feb 28 with 4958 viewsbudegan

Posted 2 hours ago as a feature on The Sun's website:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/

I'm not a subscriber so can't see more than the head and byline.

Anyone have any more info?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 8:57]
Swans director betting scandal on 09:09 - Feb 28 with 4889 viewsJackanapes

The sun goes digging for dirt after its sees a chink. Fking Nouveau riche. Get em lads.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Swans director betting scandal on 09:15 - Feb 28 with 4854 viewsMattG

The one line I can see mentions him betting on us to win. Don't really see why there would be an issue with that - if he'd bet on us losing or done some sort of spot bet like first yellow card then fair enough but backing your team to win hardly seems like a crime.

Then again, if there are rules and they have been broken then there may well be consequences.
Swans director betting scandal on 09:22 - Feb 28 with 4817 viewsbudegan

Swans director betting scandal on 09:15 - Feb 28 by MattG

The one line I can see mentions him betting on us to win. Don't really see why there would be an issue with that - if he'd bet on us losing or done some sort of spot bet like first yellow card then fair enough but backing your team to win hardly seems like a crime.

Then again, if there are rules and they have been broken then there may well be consequences.

Hi mate. Who's the he in question? I can only see the headline.
Swans director betting scandal on 09:44 - Feb 28 with 4745 viewsDarran

Someone just told me on Twitter that it's the Dutch branch. (Allegedly)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans director betting scandal on 10:07 - Feb 28 with 4649 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans director betting scandal on 10:14 - Feb 28 with 4609 viewsxmastree

Swans director betting scandal on 10:07 - Feb 28 by Darran

He could be in real trouble if true as the rules on betting are very strict if your a club employee. I should think a lot of staff have a bet though
Swans director betting scandal on 10:21 - Feb 28 with 4588 viewsApeShit

Swans director betting scandal on 10:07 - Feb 28 by Darran

What a f*cking idiot.
Swans director betting scandal on 10:23 - Feb 28 with 4581 viewsmonmouth

If it is his, he's put it on his own twitter account to brag...????

If so, words actually fail me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Swans director betting scandal on 10:29 - Feb 28 with 4566 viewsxmastree

Swans director betting scandal on 10:23 - Feb 28 by monmouth

If it is his, he's put it on his own twitter account to brag...????

If so, words actually fail me.

And me. If it is on his twitter account then I think he may be banged to rights. Silly man
Swans director betting scandal on 10:42 - Feb 28 with 4510 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans director betting scandal on 10:29 - Feb 28 by xmastree

And me. If it is on his twitter account then I think he may be banged to rights. Silly man

Anyone think he's trying to force his way out to sell his shares by continuing and countless acts of stupidity? First Van Gaal now this. Not subtle at all Johnny boy
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 10:42]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans director betting scandal on 10:48 - Feb 28 with 4473 viewsairedale

I don't understand what's the matter? If you're a director of a small club, and bet your club to win against one of the biggest clubs in the world, I can't see the harm. In fact I think it shows loyalty and commitment to your club.
Swans director betting scandal on 10:52 - Feb 28 with 4450 viewsmonmouth

Swans director betting scandal on 10:48 - Feb 28 by airedale

I don't understand what's the matter? If you're a director of a small club, and bet your club to win against one of the biggest clubs in the world, I can't see the harm. In fact I think it shows loyalty and commitment to your club.

They will have decided that a blanket ban to deter any shenanigans is easier than investigating all than individual circumstances (in fact that would be impossible). That probably means they'd have to throw the book at him as a deterrent.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans director betting scandal on 10:53 - Feb 28 with 4449 viewsItchySphincter

What we haven't established yet is if it is him and if it is has he broken any rules? If it is then there is a fair chance he has but not sure if betting rules extend to directors so it remains to be seen. Bit of a loon whatever.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 10:57]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans director betting scandal on 11:17 - Feb 28 with 4353 viewsswantastic

Swans director betting scandal on 10:53 - Feb 28 by ItchySphincter

What we haven't established yet is if it is him and if it is has he broken any rules? If it is then there is a fair chance he has but not sure if betting rules extend to directors so it remains to be seen. Bit of a loon whatever.

Nobody who is considered a stakeholder within the club is allowed to bet on any football worldwide. This even extends to the tea ladies and kit men. 👍
Swans director betting scandal on 11:43 - Feb 28 with 4253 viewsdameedna

He is not a player or a match official and has no influence over the outcome, he should be able to bet his house
Swans director betting scandal on 12:00 - Feb 28 with 4211 viewsFlashberryjack

Swans director betting scandal on 11:43 - Feb 28 by dameedna

He is not a player or a match official and has no influence over the outcome, he should be able to bet his house

What he should and shouldn't be able to do is irrelevant.
What is relevant, has he broken any betting rule associated with being a director of a football club? in this case it looks like he has.
If that impacts on him, then so be it....if it impacts on the club then that's a diferent matter.
I haven't met the guy, but from the accounts I hear of people that have, he seems to be a top fella, but he really needs to realise that being a director, especially of a premiership team, he needs to conduct himself in the appropriate manner.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swans director betting scandal on 12:01 - Feb 28 with 4211 viewsjack247

Swans director betting scandal on 10:21 - Feb 28 by ApeShit

What a f*cking idiot.

Concisely and accurately put!

It doesn't matter if you think the rule is stupid. It is still the rule. If you are going to break the rule, at least have the common sense not to broadcast it.
Swans director betting scandal on 12:12 - Feb 28 with 4176 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans director betting scandal on 12:01 - Feb 28 by jack247

Concisely and accurately put!

It doesn't matter if you think the rule is stupid. It is still the rule. If you are going to break the rule, at least have the common sense not to broadcast it.

Why would anyone do something so crass ???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans director betting scandal on 12:27 - Feb 28 with 4121 viewsLeonisGod

Swans director betting scandal on 10:53 - Feb 28 by ItchySphincter

Indeed. 'We had predicted' the text reads. Could be anyone's slip. If it is though, he'll get done. £20 is neither here or there, but rules is rules.

Never a dull moment with him around
Swans director betting scandal on 13:23 - Feb 28 with 3978 viewsswan_si

Whoa, bad betty

Swans director betting scandal on 13:31 - Feb 28 with 3946 viewsNeiltheTaylor

He didn't fix the odds?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024