Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Done to Sheff Utd? 15:59 - Feb 2 with 28810 viewsRockerdale97

Latest rumour with Matty is that he is off to Bramall Lane. Alan Nixon from the Sun is reporting it on Twitter. They have Missed out on Doyle from Chesterfield
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:26 - Feb 2 with 4169 viewsisitme

If the money is good then take it. Look at what happened with Hogan and his knee and he has only played half a season as a striker.

Also if Done can double/treble his wage then fair play to him. If he does go the club will move on and Hilly will develop someone else.
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:27 - Feb 2 with 4163 views442Dale

“@robstaton: Former #BarnsleyFC midfielder Matty Done potentially heading to #SUFC. Fee agreed with Rochdale.”

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:27 - Feb 2 with 4157 viewsalderleydale

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:25 - Feb 2 by Dale23years

this is the reason why we ll never get good attendances

Spot on mate
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:28 - Feb 2 with 4135 viewsDomDale

This COULD all fall through like Hogan last Jan but selling to a team just above us who could conceivably be battling out for a play off place is criminal.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:28 - Feb 2 with 4122 viewsChaffRAFC

I'm absolutely irate about this one. We don't need to sell, Done wasn't their first choice signing, we've been given very little time to replace him, might not get any time yet, he's not near the end of his contract and Sheffield United, as big as they are, are below us in the League. This has to be our record fee for us to sell at this stage or, in my opinion, we may well have bottled it in terms of going for promotion. We needed a striker in addition to Done, so unless something massive happens incoming wise, then I will be looking behind us instead of looking at challenging.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:28 - Feb 2 with 4096 viewsisitme

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:25 - Feb 2 by Dale23years

this is the reason why we ll never get good attendances

No it isn't, although having low attendances makes us more of a selling club. As Hilly has said many a time he wont stand in the way of a good move if we receive a suitable fee. In some ways it helps with recruitment. Take a bit less in wages now, get the opportunity to play games and we will see you right in the future.
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:31 - Feb 2 with 4002 viewsSuddenLad

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:21 - Feb 2 by 442Dale

If it does happen, and we know what these things are like for not going through, to appease fans we'd better get an indication of what the fee is eg. Like Chesterfield did with their "seven figures" for Doyle.

Their 'Seven Figures' is £350k up front and the rest based on appearances, goals, etc., etc. It's like the deal we had for Bywater. never, never land.

I'd be pi$$ed off if I was a Chesterfield supporter.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:33 - Feb 2 with 3937 viewsSwissdale

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:26 - Feb 2 by Toffeemanc

To sell this late in the window and to a rival for a play off place is a little worrying and leaves us no time to get a replacement. If the fee isn't at least £500,000 then I will be seriously disappointed.

Considering we sold Hogan for £750,000 (allegedly) when we were in league two, and have since been on a money-spinning cup run, along with made money from sell-ons, I would HOPE it would be nearer to £1m.

Absolutely no need to sell otherwise, and would really be a nail in the coffin of any potential playoff push.

As I mentioned before though, it could be the triggering of a sell-on clause, in which case would have been pre-negotiated and now out of the board's control.

Either way, would be nice to know the fee, this way we can assess the business acumen of the powers that be at our club. Really feel short-changed by this 'undisclosed' nonsense.

Or, it could just be rumours.
Login to get fewer ads

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:33 - Feb 2 with 3932 viewsBlueMessiah

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:28 - Feb 2 by isitme

No it isn't, although having low attendances makes us more of a selling club. As Hilly has said many a time he wont stand in the way of a good move if we receive a suitable fee. In some ways it helps with recruitment. Take a bit less in wages now, get the opportunity to play games and we will see you right in the future.

Guess 10% in Hilly's back bin will sweeten the pill somewhat.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:33 - Feb 2 with 3923 viewsDale_Mike

Ifs buts and maybes but the circumstances should indicate a substantial fee. The sort that could pay for the acquisition of the stadium shares perhaps?
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:36 - Feb 2 with 3820 viewsShun

So fvcking annoyed at this. We have a chance of greatness this season.

Or we could just sell our top scorer when we don't really need to. Yeah, y'know, whichever.
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:37 - Feb 2 with 3785 viewsNewbury_Dale

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:33 - Feb 2 by Dale_Mike

Ifs buts and maybes but the circumstances should indicate a substantial fee. The sort that could pay for the acquisition of the stadium shares perhaps?

We're selling our top scorer to a promotion rival at a critical part of the season. "Team Rochdale" when it suits. The club is solvent, why sell ? Disgusted.
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:37 - Feb 2 with 3778 viewsRAFC_1994

The circumstances of this will really annoy me, top scorer leaving with hours left before the deadline. A selling club we are and IF we are selling, then at the very least I’d be wanting a very hefty fee for Done, but to sell to a division rival when we have as good of a shot as we've ever had at making the league one play-offs for me is scandalous.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 19:39]
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:37 - Feb 2 with 3742 viewsboromat

I can't imagine Done wanting to go to Sheffield Utd.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:39 - Feb 2 with 3686 viewsSaxonDale

Deadline day really is shit.
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:39 - Feb 2 with 3601 viewsisitme

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:37 - Feb 2 by boromat

I can't imagine Done wanting to go to Sheffield Utd.

What, even if they treble his current wage and give him a decent signing on fee?
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:39 - Feb 2 with 3599 viewsbennersdale

Really not happy if this happens after the statement of nobody will be leaving this transfer window. The play off push will turn into a relegation battle if we sell our leading scorer without replacing him which seeing as there is only a few hours to do that I won't hold my breath on that score. Will wait for any indication on fees but I can't see sheff u paying out anything near a million which some want on here. Sad day.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:39 - Feb 2 with 3585 viewsmacro

Fingers crossed, but these rumours can be just that, rumours
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:40 - Feb 2 with 3562 viewsalderleydale

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:36 - Feb 2 by Shun

So fvcking annoyed at this. We have a chance of greatness this season.

Or we could just sell our top scorer when we don't really need to. Yeah, y'know, whichever.

True mate, Hill been saying on Daleplayer for weeks that we don't need to sell

What a kick in the nuts this is if true!!!
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:40 - Feb 2 with 3545 viewsKenBoon

I would guess the money for buying the other half of Spotland will come from other sources (mortgages, etc).
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:42 - Feb 2 with 3423 views442Dale

While we all understand why we sell players, a clear explanation of sales will also be expected by supporters.

Who knows what will happen in this circumstance, but if any player was to be sold then presumably the fee must be that good that fans can be made aware.

Especially on the back of this:
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-we-dont-need-to-we-wont-sell-in-j

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:42 - Feb 2 with 3422 viewsfitzochris

As I said, what seems like nonsense quickly becomes reality and leaves us up the creek without our main frontman.

Hope we've got a Plan B or I'll be seriously irate.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:42 - Feb 2 with 3422 viewsdavidab2202

As previously stated Hilly said we were lucky to have Done back with us 18 months ago as he felt he was capable of playing at an higher level.Appreciate that at this moment in time they are only at the same level as we are but hand on heart we would have to admit that they are a bigger club then we are.If we both were to make it to Championship level I unfortunately know which club would be the more likely to survive
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:44 - Feb 2 with 3361 viewsrichfoad32

Easy to blame the board for 'bottling it', 'cashing in' or whatever but if Done has had his head turned and wants to leave then there is very little point in trying to stand in his way. Horrible as a supporter but that's the reality of supporting a club like ours, 24 hours ago we were all getting giddy about a rumoured return of O'Connell and now expectation has swung the other way....Let's hope this rumour turns out to be a dud as well.
Done to Sheff Utd? on 19:46 - Feb 2 with 3246 viewstazzydjr

Not to sound greedy but I'd be demanding least 2 million with add-on's from the Blades simply because of being in our highest league position and their not poor

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024