Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? 13:53 - Sep 6 with 6539 viewsRAFCBLUE

Odd pub related debate - who is your favourite Rochdale number 4?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 20:54 - Sep 9 with 988 viewsnordenblue

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 20:49 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Aye.

Malcolm Brown 5?
Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 21:03 - Sep 9 with 976 views442Dale

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 20:54 - Sep 9 by nordenblue

Malcolm Brown 5?

Reeves, as noted. Come on, NB!

Edit: having now dug out the Green Book, can confirm that set of numbers was the team that started the first two league games.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 21:08]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 21:16 - Sep 9 with 959 viewsnordenblue

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 21:03 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Reeves, as noted. Come on, NB!

Edit: having now dug out the Green Book, can confirm that set of numbers was the team that started the first two league games.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 21:08]

Reeves at right back? Your dodgy formation is throwing me i reckon, ive a feeling i know the personel and you're twisting my melon
Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 21:19 - Sep 9 with 957 views442Dale

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 21:16 - Sep 9 by nordenblue

Reeves at right back? Your dodgy formation is throwing me i reckon, ive a feeling i know the personel and you're twisting my melon

Sutton's formation, not mine. Reeves featured at right back until Malcolm Brown's arrival.

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 21:24 - Sep 9 with 939 viewsnordenblue

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 21:19 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Sutton's formation, not mine. Reeves featured at right back until Malcolm Brown's arrival.

Was this the year he put a large bet on us to get promoted (allegedly)?
Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 21:59 - Sep 9 with 921 viewsTVOS1907

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 21:24 - Sep 9 by nordenblue

Was this the year he put a large bet on us to get promoted (allegedly)?

You have to remember Sutton was completely bonkers.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 22:15 - Sep 9 with 908 viewsnordenblue

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 21:59 - Sep 9 by TVOS1907

He had some funny "ideas"
Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 22:19 - Sep 9 with 903 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 20:30 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Nope. Almost always 5, though 2 a couple of times in his first season. He actually played right back wearing 5 quite a few times at the start of the season when Brown and Jones were the CH duo. Of course we had a striker as no.2 then as Sutton ripped up the numbering handbook.

Keeper apart, we lined up like this at the start of 91/92, try and guess the players:

5---------4--------6-------7
10------8--------3--------11
----------9-------2--------
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 20:35]

2 was Steve Whitehall and 9 Flounders.

Left back was a Player every team needs I think :)

Midfield would probably be Peake at 11 Doyle at 8 10 was Milner and 3 ... God no Idea.

Could be Vinny Chapman but not sure - Suprised Thacks is not in there tbh.

Not cheated btw but loved that time :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 22:48 - Sep 9 with 888 views442Dale

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 22:19 - Sep 9 by Thacks_Rabbits

2 was Steve Whitehall and 9 Flounders.

Left back was a Player every team needs I think :)

Midfield would probably be Peake at 11 Doyle at 8 10 was Milner and 3 ... God no Idea.

Could be Vinny Chapman but not sure - Suprised Thacks is not in there tbh.

Not cheated btw but loved that time :)

Whitehall, Doyle and Milner correct. Peake didn't arrive until two and a half seasons later! Ryan wasn't LB at the start of the season. Chapman had got injured pre season and never played again for the club.

So far correct:

5 Reeves----- 4------- 6---------7
10 Milner------8 Doyle----3------11
9 Flounders-----2 Whitehall

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 22:59 - Sep 9 with 878 viewsroccydaleian

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 21:59 - Sep 9 by TVOS1907

Sutton was "strange" but he assembled a decent team that was good to watch. He did pick some duffers though.
Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 23:01 - Sep 9 with 876 viewsroccydaleian

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 22:48 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Whitehall, Doyle and Milner correct. Peake didn't arrive until two and a half seasons later! Ryan wasn't LB at the start of the season. Chapman had got injured pre season and never played again for the club.

So far correct:

5 Reeves----- 4------- 6---------7
10 Milner------8 Doyle----3------11
9 Flounders-----2 Whitehall

Clutching at straws now. Was Bowden in that team?
Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 23:07 - Sep 9 with 872 views442Dale

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 23:01 - Sep 9 by roccydaleian

Clutching at straws now. Was Bowden in that team?

Signed in September.

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 00:14 - Sep 10 with 854 viewsYadHoDale

I'll have a go:
2. Steve Whitehall
3. John Ryan
4. Tony Brown
5. Alan Reeves
6. Alex Jones
7. Jimmy Graham
8. Mark Payne
9. Andy Flounders
10. Andy Milner
11. John Halpin.
Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 07:31 - Sep 10 with 808 views442Dale

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 00:14 - Sep 10 by YadHoDale

I'll have a go:
2. Steve Whitehall
3. John Ryan
4. Tony Brown
5. Alan Reeves
6. Alex Jones
7. Jimmy Graham
8. Mark Payne
9. Andy Flounders
10. Andy Milner
11. John Halpin.

Very good, all except no.8 although Payne was on the bench and would replace Doyle after a few games.

5 Reeves. 4 Brown. 6 Jones. 7 Graham
10 Milner. 8 Doyle. 3 Ryan. 11. Halpin
9 Flounders. 2 Whitehall
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 8:14]

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 11:01 - Sep 10 with 757 viewsdebbiesfella

Who is your favourite ever Rochdale number 4? on 20:19 - Sep 9 by mingthemerciless

Jimmy Thompson was a good creative player who played more in midfield. Cunliffe was brought in by Tony Collins to partner Ray Aspden in the centre of the defence. Aspden got everything in the air and Cunliffe got everything on the ground. He wasn't too bad at bringing the ball out of defence either.

It was another world then, Cunliffe had one great season and then turned down another contract, packed in altogether and opened a newsagents shop !

Correct if I'm wrong but didn't Alan Reeves wear the No 4 from time to time ? He'd be hard to beat in this competition.

Jimmy Thompson was one of the best passers of a ball I have seen in a Rochdale shirt however he pulled out of tackles time and again even though he was a big lad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024