Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton 13:05 - Feb 11 with 1782 viewshoops_legend

He got such a hard time by Derby yesterday. not saying hes a saint but not sure if he deserves to be pretty much man handled or abused all game and get nothing and even get the ref in his face most of the time? Plus whole away end shouting abuse at him

No wonder he occasionally loses it, I know I would

Reputation and all that but I think he gets a bit of the brunt of it!! What do you guys think?

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Barton on 13:09 - Feb 11 with 1761 viewsQPunkR

Don't feel sorry for him, he brings it on himself exactly the same way Savage did. I actually laughed at that chant yesterday, one of the truer things I've heard aimed at our players at away grounds.
Lucky not to talk himself into an early bath as well, the amount of time he spent in the ref's earhole

QPR - "shit but local"

Barton on 13:10 - Feb 11 with 1754 viewshoops_legend

Barton on 13:09 - Feb 11 by QPunkR

Don't feel sorry for him, he brings it on himself exactly the same way Savage did. I actually laughed at that chant yesterday, one of the truer things I've heard aimed at our players at away grounds.
Lucky not to talk himself into an early bath as well, the amount of time he spent in the ref's earhole

I'm not necessarily feeling sorry for him and when people chant 'Theres only one Joey Barton' then I don't join in... Its a good thing theres only one! Worlds would collide otherwise

But you cannot say he deserved a rake down his ankle from the Derby players studs?

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Barton on 13:43 - Feb 11 with 1677 viewsisawqpratwcity

Barton on 13:09 - Feb 11 by QPunkR

As far as Barton is concerned, what would be your overall rating (QPR career-wise), where 10 is excellent, and zero is worthless?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Barton on 13:58 - Feb 11 with 1644 viewssmegma

In the season he played for us in the PL he was the MOST fouled player in the league apparently.Davies of Bolton committed the most fouls. Yet who has the worse reputation ??
On the downside, at times , his tackling is awful hence he gets so many yellows. If he learnt to tackle he could be one for the future at 30 years old !!! As for the 'other' midfielders last night, did any of them make a tackle ?
Barton on 14:06 - Feb 11 with 1625 viewscyprusmel

I thought Barton was the man of the match for us, never stopped running and always wanted the ball.
Barton on 14:10 - Feb 11 with 1614 viewsessextaxiboy

i thought he was excellent yesterday . He was targetted by one Derby player after another in an attempt to get him sent off . He must of touched the ball more times than Carroll, O Neill, Jenas and Hoillett added together . When the ball drops when we are defending a corner its Barton who hooks it away

He looked like he cared about the result and had the crowd on his back the whole game . Even after he was booked he still closed down and put his foot in . And he had a decent shot that could have gone in . After the game he tweeted that the best team lost so he was still hurting then .
Barton on 14:13 - Feb 11 with 1604 viewsLoft1979

Barton on 14:06 - Feb 11 by cyprusmel

I thought Barton was the man of the match for us, never stopped running and always wanted the ball.

+1
Barton on 14:17 - Feb 11 with 1593 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Barton on 14:18 - Feb 11 with 1586 viewsJonDoeman

Barton on 14:10 - Feb 11 by essextaxiboy

i thought he was excellent yesterday . He was targetted by one Derby player after another in an attempt to get him sent off . He must of touched the ball more times than Carroll, O Neill, Jenas and Hoillett added together . When the ball drops when we are defending a corner its Barton who hooks it away

He looked like he cared about the result and had the crowd on his back the whole game . Even after he was booked he still closed down and put his foot in . And he had a decent shot that could have gone in . After the game he tweeted that the best team lost so he was still hurting then .

Yep interesting game plan from the ginger genius!

It Is What It Is !!

Barton on 14:24 - Feb 11 with 1565 viewsHollowayRanger

sadly he has no one to blame but himself for the way he is targeted as we and they know press enough buttons and he will lose it

has been outstanding for us this season with one mad moment ,which some will scream and scream and scream about

how many of us could take being kicked for 90 mins with next to no protection and the minute we mistime a tackle its a yellow everytime

thing for me is he could have played berttie big balls and done a taarabt or boswingwa this season but he hasnt he has knuckled down and gives 100% each and every game

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Barton on 14:27 - Feb 11 with 1561 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He was selfish yesterday, throwing an elbow twice, committing numerous fouls and allowing his focus to be taken away from those that pay him and those that play with him to a petulant battle with a lad who hasn't an ounce of his talent who should be way beneath him.

Had he been sent off and suspended then he would have yet again let his team and his club down in a huge match and at huge cost.

Their controversial goal would have been a galvanising moment for any committed bunch of proud professionals. Instead Barton, and others, became petty and petulant individuals whose motives were of selfish revenge. As could have been predicted by anyone who knows them. As was predicted by the coach who knew them so well just a few months ago. McLaren, Derby and any other pro watching must have chuckled at the amateur children that Redknapp sent out, that gone done by a far more professional outfit. How we've changed these past few months.

Barton probably was our best player yesterday, but that only serves to highlight how poor the rest of the players were. He's no leader. He can hardly lead himself.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barton on 14:36 - Feb 11 with 1523 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barton on 14:27 - Feb 11 by BrianMcCarthy

He was selfish yesterday, throwing an elbow twice, committing numerous fouls and allowing his focus to be taken away from those that pay him and those that play with him to a petulant battle with a lad who hasn't an ounce of his talent who should be way beneath him.

Had he been sent off and suspended then he would have yet again let his team and his club down in a huge match and at huge cost.

Their controversial goal would have been a galvanising moment for any committed bunch of proud professionals. Instead Barton, and others, became petty and petulant individuals whose motives were of selfish revenge. As could have been predicted by anyone who knows them. As was predicted by the coach who knew them so well just a few months ago. McLaren, Derby and any other pro watching must have chuckled at the amateur children that Redknapp sent out, that gone done by a far more professional outfit. How we've changed these past few months.

Barton probably was our best player yesterday, but that only serves to highlight how poor the rest of the players were. He's no leader. He can hardly lead himself.

agree brian, as i said elsewhere, he was lucky to stay on the pitch after his assault of Martin.

Bare bones.

Barton on 14:43 - Feb 11 with 1511 viewsisawqpratwcity

Barton on 14:17 - Feb 11 by JonDoeman

Yeh, stunned that that happened..

I have no rationale that the officials could allow that. Roll on Referrals.

This game is being killed by bad officiating.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Barton on 14:47 - Feb 11 with 1505 viewssmegma

The way Barton headbutts the Derby players armpit is a total disgrace.
Barton on 15:04 - Feb 11 with 1464 viewsHulaHoop

How was Barton any different from their very own ROBBIE SAVAGE...??!
On the Derby site they're slating Joey no end, but it would appear they have very short memories of their own pantomime villain!!!
Barton on 15:21 - Feb 11 with 1427 viewsHollowayRanger

watching this apart from the attempt to take bartons head off

how close was that to a goal hughes losers his man who takes out barton dunne marking no one ,benny arms all over derby players (pen?) and hill lets his man get almost a free header in and certain goal

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Barton on 15:23 - Feb 11 with 1415 viewslave16

Barton on 15:21 - Feb 11 by HollowayRanger

how close was that to a goal hughes losers his man who takes out barton dunne marking no one ,benny arms all over derby players (pen?) and hill lets his man get almost a free header in and certain goal

If barton had of done what toure done he would have got a 6 game ban

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Barton on 15:31 - Feb 11 with 1391 viewsNorthernr

Problem is, as soon as there's an injustice, as there was last night, he's useless to us because he becomes hell bent on exacting some form of revenge or retribution. Instead of concentrating on the game last night he became more bothered about kicking Derby players so he could make his point to the referee that he was the only one being pulled up for it.
Barton on 15:38 - Feb 11 with 1375 viewsMonahoop

While Barton was arguably our best player last night which says a lot for the rest, I thought his antics and others towards him spoilt what otherwise could have been a good encounter. His petulance and that from a couple of Derby players really set the scene for the game from an early stage so much so that it ceased to become a football match but more a battle of childish vendettas. While the officiating was generally poor, I thought the ref showed considerable restraint not to wave a few red cards, which could have created an even more volatile attitude among the players. If this had been in the Prem I would guarantee both sides would have had at least a couple of players sent to an early bath.
A bad result not helped by bad attitudes from both sides. Let's 'learn' and move onto the next encounter.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Barton on 15:57 - Feb 11 with 1335 viewsQPunkR

We won't learn. We seem incapable of learning

QPR - "shit but local"

Barton on 16:03 - Feb 11 with 1323 viewsMatch82

Benny potentially a little lucky to get away with that too! Not that this stuff ever actually gets called....
Barton on 16:45 - Feb 11 with 1265 viewswillis1980

one of the moments that stood out for me was when dunne gave away a free outside our box towards the end, the ball went to barton after dunnes tackle who dribbled away with it and was hacked down by a derby player. It was a definite yellow and a red for anyone if theydve been booked prior to that, it was right in front of the ref and nothing was given.
Barton on 18:12 - Feb 11 with 1180 viewsQPRDave

The refereeing team were so bad they could easily be investigated for corruption, it was so one sided
Pathetic.
Barton on 18:50 - Feb 11 with 1111 viewscyprusmel

Barton on 15:21 - Feb 11 by HollowayRanger

It could have been the forearm smash from Hill which put Hughes off.
Barton on 19:15 - Feb 11 with 1084 viewsHollowayRanger

Barton on 18:50 - Feb 11 by cyprusmel

It could have been the forearm smash from Hill which put Hughes off.

true also right at very start doyal is taken out

amazing so many fouls in one tiny clip

Listen to the band play!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024