Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? 23:26 - Nov 12 with 3438 viewsFredManRave

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 14:42 - Nov 13 with 953 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Interesting results.

I was thinking of the Premier Wonga. All our debts in one basket so to speak.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 14:53 - Nov 13 with 935 viewsKonk

And of course, Wigan have had some competitive games in Europe, which isn’t something that everyone gets to experience following a small club.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 14:54 - Nov 13 with 933 viewssimmo

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 14:53 - Nov 13 by Konk

And of course, Wigan have had some competitive games in Europe, which isn’t something that everyone gets to experience following a small club.

Going to far flung places to watch QPR in Europe would be amazing. Genuinely jealous of these trips and grounds Wigan fans get to go to

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 15:29 - Nov 13 with 917 viewssmegma

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 09:20 - Nov 13 by simmo

How is this a tough decision in any way?

An FA CUP final day at Wembley, which we win. There is literally nothing better than that for a club of our size. Nothing.

PLUS qualification for the Europa League.
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 16:29 - Nov 13 with 901 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 11:41 - Nov 13 by Konk

With all due respect, anyone who doesn’t vote for an FA cup win at Wembley over promotion to the Premier League is a black-hearted, spiritually-dead, soulless, joyless anti-romantic. Success and glory is winning cups, not wan king yourself into a frenzy because you’ve finished sixteenth in the Premier League. I would take the cup and relegation over staying up this season.

With all due respect...you're right.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 18:20 - Nov 13 with 872 viewsjc67

I was at Wembley in 1967, 1982 and 1986 was also at our first ever first division game when the football world was very different. Although I have to admit that being in the prem is the thing for 'the money men' for me it takes all of a second to say the cup.
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 19:25 - Nov 13 with 855 viewsGetMeRangers

what about a third option... promotion via a play off final at Wembley?

Personally wish it was the cup, but realistically that is never likely to happen this year. If I knew we would win, I would love to be at a sudden death play off final and see the R's win.
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 20:06 - Nov 13 with 839 viewsQPRDave

FA cup doesn't mean anything anymore....promotion for me stabilize the club financially and in the top flight... then maybe go for winning things.
Login to get fewer ads

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 20:21 - Nov 13 with 833 viewsBklynRanger

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 13:46 - Nov 13 by Juzzie

FA CUP, then promotion next season.

That's how I'm looking at it
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 20:32 - Nov 13 with 829 viewswombat

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 14:24 - Nov 13 by Jeff

We still wheel out the Cup winning side of '67 at every opportunity to parade the pitch. I'm only 33, and i know all about us going 2-0 down before three second half goals won it for us.

I never saw any of that cup winning squad play, but i know all about them, that team, and that game.

You think in years to come the likes of Bradley Orr, Hogan Ephraim or Tommy Smith are going to be paraded around Loftus Road like heroes for winning the league in 10/11?

Cup every time. At the end of the day, you can't place 16th place in your silverware cabinet. Wigan may not be having a wonderful time post winning the FA Cup, but I bet you real money that the majority of their fans can tell you exactly what they were doing when Ben Watson headed in the winner...

Cup final every day of the week and twice on a Sunday please

Walk to wembley from the ground

Enjoy the day

Watch a decent hard working rangers team pick up some silverware

Get smashed till the following Tuesday

What's there not to want chaps

Poll: which is your favouite foot

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 20:48 - Nov 13 with 820 viewsKiwi76

Will depend on whether I'm voting for me or for whats better for the club.
I'd love an FA Cup win but guessing TF & Co would love promotion even more to bankroll current wages and future progress.
To be completely honest I can't remember the last FA Cup final I've watched down here - definitely lost its status over past decade.
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 21:02 - Nov 13 with 809 viewsYorkRanger

My Dad is 77. My girls are 21 and 17 and their years of watching Rangers has in the main been steeped in miserable away trips where 9 times out of 10 we have got beaten.

Konk is on the money.

A win at Wembley in the FA Cup every day of the week....
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 22:10 - Nov 13 with 790 viewsNorthernr

Easiest question I've ever been asked. FA Cup please. It's only the financial security of the club that makes me want to go running back off to the Premier League at all at any point. I enjoyed next to nothing about the fcking over-hyped, steaming pile of festering ego while we were there and I was paying £52 to get in every bloody week.
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 22:11 - Nov 13 with 745 viewsNorthernr

Incidentally, we asked Wigan fans whether they'd have sacrificed their FA Cup win for staying up last season before our recent game with them and had the following responses...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/33209/tough-act-to-

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=23420&post

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=558&fid=516&act=1&mid=2111976119
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 23:27 - Nov 13 with 721 viewsPunteR

For some reason i dont think about the FA cup , might be that dont do well in it . I either worry about us getting relagated or hope we get promoted.
I would love us to be a steady premier league side that has a good cup run.
Premier league for me. just one more time. And not be the whipping boys.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 00:09 - Nov 14 with 713 viewsQPRMUSO

I would love to win the FA Cup and all the romance of it but which would be better financially for the club?

I suspect playing in the prem is better for QPR.
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 00:53 - Nov 14 with 701 viewsWeaverQPR

Win the FA Cup and a European tour the next season thankyou very much. Yes please.

@WeavQPR

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 04:07 - Nov 14 with 689 viewsLoft1979

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 12:45 - Nov 13 by FredManRave

A bit out or touch and defeatist there Konk. The fact is that the F.A.Cup has been devalued immensely over the last 20 years. No football fan likes it but it is a fact. It's almost unrecognisable from what it was and what it used to mean. And that's reflected by clubs approach to pre semi final games with even championship clubs putting out their second 11 and all this has understandably filtered down to the fans as proven with early round attendances. It's F.A.Cup in name only these days. Obviously the fay out at Wembley (presumably second after the semi) would be an unforgettable day.

As for finishing 16th in the Prem. You should be so lucky!

People use the Wigan example but then I wonder if Southampton fans would swap from where they are now?!

Why use Wigan?
QPR 1982. Could have possible promote a year earlier....?
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 06:45 - Nov 14 with 683 viewsKonk

People citing financial security/sustainability as the reason for taking promotion over a cup win — what does that actually mean? As far as I can tell, for most of us it means the ability to pay some pretty mediocre players a shed load of money for finishing somewhere outside the PL relegation spots, whilst not relying on huge subsidies from owners or the club overdraft. Whoopee-do.

When you were a kid, did you dream of winning the cup or playing in a side that broke even and finished 14th in the top division? Would you go along to watch a parade to see the club’s accountants go round Shepherd’s Bush on an open top bus to celebrate a year of well-balanced books? Attend a 25th anniversary dinner to honour that team of accountants? Sit up telling your grandkids about the time QPR made a profit of £400k?

I’m all for clubs living within their means, principally because it would pi ss off footballers, their agents, Gordon Taylor and the games administrators, but surely it’s cups that we all dream about? If I die without seeing Fulham lift a cup at Wembley, I’ll be absolutely gutted (if you can be gutted when you’re dead?). Glory - that's what it's all about. If you got within a sniff of Wembley, I don't see how that couldn't change your minds.

Getting promoted as champions is about what happens next as much as actually winning your league - winning the cup is a complete experience. You've done it and can enjoy it for itself. You've won the competition and that's it (plus the European football).

Oh, and I very rarely bother watching the cup final myself unless there's a chance of someone like Pompey, Wigan or Cardiff winning it. Man Utd v Chelsea - not interested.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2013 7:10]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 07:37 - Nov 14 with 677 viewsWatford_Ranger

I probably enjoy going to Rangers more the lower the level we are at the time. Individual games in the Prem were obviously amazing to be at but I don't think any of us can say we had as much of a laugh in the Prem as this season or even more so in League 1.

A cup win would last in the memory forever. A promotion wouldn't be half as memorable IMO.
If you could choose one of the following for this season which would it be? on 08:58 - Nov 14 with 660 viewsrrrspricey

I’ve supported this bloody club for over 40 years now & other than league champions, I’ve yet to see us lift a trophy or (thanks to the scousers) had the chance to follow my team in Europe. A brave try over two games in 82 followed by the embarrassment of 86 is as close to “cup glory” as I’ve ever come.

The away victory at the scum aside, like watford_ranger, I think I enjoy watching us at a lower lever more than the prem. Yes it’s great having the exposure and getting to stream games you can’t get to but I really enjoy us being in the championship and not just because we do well either.

Proper grounds, cheaper prices (in general), real, non-plastic fans, not including fakes of course, less cheating / diving so for me it’s a no brainer…cup win followed by European exploits
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024