Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye PlanetSwans 21:19 - Sep 4 with 36623 viewsKlISGOD

Im now on loan to Sunderland as a supporter lol!!!

Its a pity Swansea had a rubbish coach who never knew how to get the best out of Ki
Bye PlanetSwans on 06:06 - Sep 5 with 4665 viewsYoungGun

Opta Stat:

"Ki Sung-Yueng had the best pass completion rate (92.7%) of any Premier League player last season."

Today's Skysports reports http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8905831/best-of-the-rest

"Indeed, it is a little surprising that the South Korea international has been allowed to leave the Liberty Stadium after playing an important role last season. He enjoyed the best pass completion rate of any Premier League player - more Leon Britton than Leon Britton, it seems."

Honestly, why Ki is compared to Britton is beyond me.

Laudrup himself mentioned "Ki is one of the keys" to the past season's "overrated" success. Inspite of how lame that expression may sound, the old saying goes: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (whisper: otherwise you will pay for it .. shhhh... )
Bye PlanetSwans on 07:20 - Sep 5 with 4601 views2face

Bye PlanetSwans on 21:23 - Sep 4 by KlISGOD

Yeah why don't you tell me what other players Swansea has that have played at World Cups against Messi and won a Bronze medal at the Olympic games???

LEON BRITTON? LOL!

In my view Britton and Ki are not in competition for the same position. Britton is playing DM. Ki is playing CM. The way I see it JDG and JJS are Ki's competitors for playing time.

Ki is a great player. Unfortunately he didn't score any goals and only had 3 assists in the 12/13 EPL season. That probably cost him the starting spot. On a team with limited funds the forward going midfielders needs to chime in with a couple of goals every year. Swansea needs about 50 goals. They have to come from somewhere.
Bye PlanetSwans on 07:38 - Sep 5 with 4581 viewsPlasticman

Thinking some about it, I think loaning out Ki to Sunderland is actually a good thing, both for us and Ki.

Not so much that he might get more playing time there, but more that it might hopefully give him some perspective about needing to stop being a primadonna and be willing to work proper. For all his tactical nous, Laudrup doesn't seem to me as much as the guy that yells at people and gives them a ripping if they need to shape up but most likely just drops them if they can't keep up their standards (I think that's why he usually teams with people like Faxe and Vilfort, to compensate in that area so they can fill any deficients he might have there).

Di Canio is going to be a rude awakening for Ki, and hopefully make him realize that he needs to get his crap together if he doesn't want his talent to go to waste.

The fangirliness from the korean fans have in my opinion really done Ki a disservice by making him take things for granted with him being treated more or less like a pop-icon. He needs to shape up, and Di Canio just might be the ticket for that.

Plastic since 2012

Bye PlanetSwans on 08:00 - Sep 5 with 4555 viewsTheFranchise

Everyone's waiting for Di Canio to completely lose it on the touchline or in an interview. Wait until he sees Ki sh*t out of a tackle in the middle of the park that leaves his poor defence open.

In our team most of the time he had players around him that did that work, Sunderland don't.
Bye PlanetSwans on 08:08 - Sep 5 with 4542 viewsYoungGun

Bye PlanetSwans on 22:05 - Sep 4 by c00lj4ck

I have loved South Korea the times Ive been out there - they somehow all think I am either a musician or in the movies... Stupid, but who am I to burst their bubble

That is hilarious - u sure u weren't taken for a comedian? Maybe they couldn't understand your accent so whatever worked...

Anywho Ki was the penalty taker at Celtic and took the majority of the freekicks. Not counting the corners how many penalties or freekicks did Ki take at Swansea? Zilch Zero.

Ki had more of a holding defensive midfield role than his forward going offensive role at Celtics but he scored more there than his total shots taken at Swansea all season long.

Have you ever seen any 2 players fighting over the ball as to who will take the penalty to that extreme live on TV for everyone to see? Selfish 5 ft 2 sons of bitches!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 8:10]
Bye PlanetSwans on 08:17 - Sep 5 with 4553 viewsjruss1

While statistics are great, they can also be deceiving.

KI may have had a great pass compilation rate but that doesn’t mean the pass were the right ones. Most of the time, Ki just drifts along without imposing himself on the game.

Playing numerous endless passes that go nowhere isn’t going to change that.
I completely agree with the comments about Ki’s status in Korea is affecting his approach. I can’t see it working with Di Canio, who appears to be a tough nut to please and a workaholic.
Bye PlanetSwans on 08:19 - Sep 5 with 4548 viewsLaudrup

Bye PlanetSwans on 08:08 - Sep 5 by YoungGun

That is hilarious - u sure u weren't taken for a comedian? Maybe they couldn't understand your accent so whatever worked...

Anywho Ki was the penalty taker at Celtic and took the majority of the freekicks. Not counting the corners how many penalties or freekicks did Ki take at Swansea? Zilch Zero.

Ki had more of a holding defensive midfield role than his forward going offensive role at Celtics but he scored more there than his total shots taken at Swansea all season long.

Have you ever seen any 2 players fighting over the ball as to who will take the penalty to that extreme live on TV for everyone to see? Selfish 5 ft 2 sons of bitches!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 8:10]

"Anywho Ki was the penalty taker at Celtic and took the majority of the freekicks. Not counting the corners how many penalties or freekicks did Ki take at Swansea? Zilch Zero."

That's not true, Ki did take a few free kicks for Swansea, but wasn't really close to scoring IIRC.

They only had one penalty kick all season - in the cup final, which JdG scored on.

I hate signatures

Bye PlanetSwans on 08:22 - Sep 5 with 4546 viewsjruss1

Ki couldn't hit the side of a double decker bus with a beach ball.
Login to get fewer ads

Bye PlanetSwans on 08:46 - Sep 5 with 4516 viewsYoungGun

Bye PlanetSwans on 08:22 - Sep 5 by jruss1

OMG there are 8 year olds on this board who plays with a beach ball
Bye PlanetSwans on 09:02 - Sep 5 with 4479 viewsJm07

This has to be one of the best threads i've ever seen... Bookmark it!
Bye PlanetSwans on 09:14 - Sep 5 with 4455 viewsPlasticman

Bye PlanetSwans on 08:22 - Sep 5 by jruss1

In all fairness, beach balls are nasty things to aim with, especially if there is the slightest wind.

Plastic since 2012

Bye PlanetSwans on 09:34 - Sep 5 with 4425 viewsJokeren1943

Dude, you are not a Swansea fan, you are a Ki fan.

When you support a club you support the collective.

When we got Ki last season it was apparent that most asian Ki fans only wanted Ki and did<nt give a rats ass about the rest of the team. A behaviour which was childish and did not understand the idea about a team sport.

Childish because it can only see the world though the child<s own eyes (what do I want). The reality is when Ki or any other player, play on the first team, he takes a place from one of the persons on the bench. Something most Ki fans did<nt give shite about!. But something a real club fan care about all the time.

So fucck off too Korea, you can be sure that the Sunderland fans wil dislike you as well.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 9:49]
Bye PlanetSwans on 09:47 - Sep 5 with 4400 viewsjudgejonevs

The original poster is making a complete fool of themselves. To criticise the club that he may very well return to is mind bogglingly stupid. The op is showing a naivety on a level I have never seen before. Move on , come back we really couldn't give a sht , you and Ki are really not that important.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Bye PlanetSwans on 09:51 - Sep 5 with 4391 viewsNOTRAC

I think that if we are fair in our assessment of Ki we have to ask if Swansea did get the best out of Ki during his time with us. There is no doubt that he looked class on the ball,but his work rate always appeared to be below what was required.
There is ample evidence from his Celtic days that he possessed a good shot, but for whatever reason this never seemed to be put to the test with us.
He obviously had his share of personal matters during the past year,and his attitude towards these rather than his football priorities could well have led to his departure to Sunderland.
To sum up,a player with great potential who never gave us value for the money that we spent on him.
He is now at a crossroads in his own career.It is for our benefit that he sorts himself out,either from his future playing prospects with ourselves, or in commanding the fee that comes somewhere near what we paid for him not so long ago.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Bye PlanetSwans on 09:53 - Sep 5 with 4384 viewswr72

Grow up you bitter bint.He might well end up back here as early as Xmas.I hope the Mods ban your account you weird staker and you never blacken our board ever again.

Stalker!!

PS: knowing the Sunderland board like i do,you wont last long on there before you're hounded off there once Ki fails to excel.Just bear thatin mind,young lady.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 9:55]
Bye PlanetSwans on 09:55 - Sep 5 with 4375 viewsmikl0s

And please don't lump Danes in with muppets like the Ki fans.

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

Bye PlanetSwans on 10:30 - Sep 5 with 4315 viewsSkipTheJack

Bye PlanetSwans on 08:17 - Sep 5 by jruss1

While statistics are great, they can also be deceiving.

KI may have had a great pass compilation rate but that doesn’t mean the pass were the right ones. Most of the time, Ki just drifts along without imposing himself on the game.

Playing numerous endless passes that go nowhere isn’t going to change that.
I completely agree with the comments about Ki’s status in Korea is affecting his approach. I can’t see it working with Di Canio, who appears to be a tough nut to please and a workaholic.

This exactly.

Ki has undoubtedly got excellent technical ability, but too often he just looks lost and bewildered. It's as if he doesn't really know exactly what's going on or what he needs to do.

Is it a confidence issue? Is our style of football completely different to what he's used to in Korea? He's got the footballing skills, but so far not the mental ability to play in the Premier League.

Ki and Di Canio together is a conflict waiting to happen.
Bye PlanetSwans on 10:36 - Sep 5 with 4302 viewsmonmouth

Bye PlanetSwans on 09:47 - Sep 5 by judgejonevs

The original poster is making a complete fool of themselves. To criticise the club that he may very well return to is mind bogglingly stupid. The op is showing a naivety on a level I have never seen before. Move on , come back we really couldn't give a sht , you and Ki are really not that important.

Yes, I tried to google him as suggested earlier, but the Ki Restaurant in Cardiff and Kim Kardashian seemed to have pushed him off the front page. Obviously a VERY VERY important man.

Contrived showbiz marriage to increase his bloated profile; tantrums against his manager and team-mates in Korea. Then a tantrum here. Celtic glad to be rid. Seems like he's as shallow as his adoring fan-girls, living in a fantasy world where he actually thinks he measures up to his invented hype. There might be a decent player in there, but so far he's proved f**k all despite numerous opportunities. In fact, he's had slightly less impact for us than Orlandi.

If he sorts himself out, we may be kind enough to take him back I suppose. By then though Di Canio will have given him the royal salute. As for this poster; mental illness is a disease and aggressive hero worship of a 'celebrity' is mental illness, so sympathy and caring should be the order of the day, not abuse. I'm glad she's f****d off though.

Edit - if she really is a 15 year old girl, that explains everything. She is, by definition, mentally ill. My sister was dripping from every orifice over David Cassidy at that age.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 11:04]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bye PlanetSwans on 11:13 - Sep 5 with 4261 viewssunshinehead

He won't be missed as he never made an impact in the first place. The step up from SPL to Premier League was too much for him. Give him a couple of seasons and he'll be in some minor league like the MLS or the Australian league where he should cope better. Light weight powder puff with curious attitude towards authority and am disproportionately over inflated opinion of himself. Maybe it's a Korean thing. Just disappointing that we spent so much to bring him here, total waste of time and money.
Bye PlanetSwans on 11:33 - Sep 5 with 4221 viewsKingBony

Bye PlanetSwans on 09:55 - Sep 5 by mikl0s

And please don't lump Danes in with muppets like the Ki fans.

Coming from the guy who said I wasn't allowed to have an opinion on a ML team selection as that's not supporting the manager?

Bad as each other bro!

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Bye PlanetSwans on 12:10 - Sep 5 with 4161 viewsPinky

This should go straight into the classics section!

We all knew that the Koreans would leave as soon as Ki did, though it's very odd that this mentalist has attacked the club with such vitriol when technically, Ki is still an employee of the club. The Danes seem to have a lot more about them, and contribute to discussions about all parts of the club - not just ML. If it wasn't concerning Ki, the Koreans weren't interested.

So, cosy up to the Sunderland fans as much as you want, but we all know that you won't be a 'fan' for long.

정신 병자
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 12:11]
Bye PlanetSwans on 12:24 - Sep 5 with 4123 viewsSpringHeeledJack

Not lumping all Ki/Korean fans in with this joker, but I remember seeing a guy wearing a Ji-Sung Park Man Utd top in amongst the home fans when we thumped QPR up there last season. Embarrassing.

It's a football fandom that us traditional fans will never understand. Bit like having a favourite F1 driver or tennis player I suppose.

Thanks for the money whilst he was here, I'm sure you'll collectively plough more into our club if he ever comes back.

@SwanThisDay

Bye PlanetSwans on 12:26 - Sep 5 with 4104 viewsTheFranchise

I bet the post man is glad.
Bye PlanetSwans on 13:16 - Sep 5 with 4022 viewsPureRockFury

KIISGOD's team/formation for all Sunderland fixtures until further notice. Subject to change at short notice should Ki have a random wedding to attend on the other side of the planet/token celebrity to marry.

KiKiKiKiKiKiKiKiKiKiKi
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 13:16]

Even the bad times were good.

Bye PlanetSwans on 13:18 - Sep 5 with 4015 viewsLaudrup

Bye PlanetSwans on 13:16 - Sep 5 by PureRockFury

KIISGOD's team/formation for all Sunderland fixtures until further notice. Subject to change at short notice should Ki have a random wedding to attend on the other side of the planet/token celebrity to marry.

KiKiKiKiKiKiKiKiKiKiKi
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 13:16]

Heh, I see you have changed the stating XI to the starting KI.

I hate signatures

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024