Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Barnes is spot on today 12:36 - Aug 8 with 11031 viewsBelfast

For a change the worst manager in british football is right for once.
When he says that fans are responsible for players attitudes and behaviours i agree.

It is the same at swansea, all this adulation of players and ex players gives them a false perspective as to who they are and what they represent. And that is the key, they represent our club, the club that the fans saved, and they should never be allowed to forget it. Not that half of you remember it. Your only excuse is your age.

Thicko's who put these people on pedestals and adore ( love ) them have to be the most needy of folk. See them outside the west stand at home games, hear them on here, what lonely lives some people have.

Please, Swansea City is a community club run by community people, ok they earn a few bucks for it, they deserve it, but this adulation of the skin that runs around in the Swansea jersey has to stop.

We are different.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

John Barnes is spot on today on 08:55 - Aug 30 with 1920 viewswaynekerr55

Sorry to go against the grain here but I think that Mr Belf does have a point. What made us successful was both good ball retention added to a hard working organised side that made life difficult for the opponents.

I do see a little less of the desire to cut out mistakes, hence why we are as leaky as a 30 year old flat roof.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

John Barnes is spot on today on 09:10 - Aug 30 with 1901 viewsdavidaeaton

John Barnes is spot on today on 08:55 - Aug 30 by waynekerr55

Sorry to go against the grain here but I think that Mr Belf does have a point. What made us successful was both good ball retention added to a hard working organised side that made life difficult for the opponents.

I do see a little less of the desire to cut out mistakes, hence why we are as leaky as a 30 year old flat roof.

I do think we have tampered with the style, however last night was experimental in many ways and don't think it was an unmitigated disaster, horrible to lose no matter what but again I thought the officiating was pants, the degree of thugishness unpunished on our players was abhorrent, but we stuck to task in what looked like a hostile place and atmosphere, there was nothing to fear in their line up, and yes we should have stuck in more tackles etc, but I think the positioning of some of the defence notably for their winner was woeful and schoolboy like and needs work

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

John Barnes is spot on today on 09:32 - Aug 30 with 1875 views2face

I personally think it's fine to hero worship. I think the difference lies in how people treat stars when they meet them face to face. Even though you worship someone, you just have got to reign yourself in if you meet them in real life or talk to them on Twitter etc.

I once happened to sit across Danish National Flemming Poulsen in the train the day after he scored in a game against Brazil. He was on the frontpage of all the newspapers and on the top of his career. It was very clear that he didn't want to engage anybody in that train. He was looking demonstratively out the window and into the floor. It became very clear to me in a very tangible way that stars despite their fame really want to be able do normal stuff like going to the beach and hang out and just focus on the people they are with. And people should not deny them that just for a fu_cking autograph. Because you like somebody doesn't give you the right to harass them.

Worship all you want. But when you engage them i real life, treat them like normal people and respect their privacy. Don't grant them special favors or let them cut in in a line. And don't tell them you love them. It's creepy. If you want an autograph, go to an arranged event. If you want donations, go though the proper chanels. Don't humilate them in public by forcing them to say no/yes to a "good" cause in front of everybody.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 10:04]
John Barnes is spot on today on 09:40 - Aug 30 with 1869 viewsBelfast

John Barnes is spot on today on 09:32 - Aug 30 by 2face

I personally think it's fine to hero worship. I think the difference lies in how people treat stars when they meet them face to face. Even though you worship someone, you just have got to reign yourself in if you meet them in real life or talk to them on Twitter etc.

I once happened to sit across Danish National Flemming Poulsen in the train the day after he scored in a game against Brazil. He was on the frontpage of all the newspapers and on the top of his career. It was very clear that he didn't want to engage anybody in that train. He was looking demonstratively out the window and into the floor. It became very clear to me in a very tangible way that stars despite their fame really want to be able do normal stuff like going to the beach and hang out and just focus on the people they are with. And people should not deny them that just for a fu_cking autograph. Because you like somebody doesn't give you the right to harass them.

Worship all you want. But when you engage them i real life, treat them like normal people and respect their privacy. Don't grant them special favors or let them cut in in a line. And don't tell them you love them. It's creepy. If you want an autograph, go to an arranged event. If you want donations, go though the proper chanels. Don't humilate them in public by forcing them to say no/yes to a "good" cause in front of everybody.

And of course dont humilate yourself by even thinkng about it ;-)

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

John Barnes is spot on today on 10:17 - Aug 30 with 1849 views2face

John Barnes is spot on today on 09:40 - Aug 30 by Belfast

And of course dont humilate yourself by even thinkng about it ;-)

Don't think about a pink elephant......

.... What image just popped into your mind?
John Barnes is spot on today on 10:55 - Aug 30 with 1833 viewsyescomeon

John Barnes is spot on today on 12:53 - Aug 8 by cheeryjack

For many people in this imperfect world, that is all they have got.

Hit the nail on the head there.

Upthecity!

John Barnes is spot on today on 11:05 - Aug 30 with 1810 viewsyescomeon

John Barnes is spot on today on 09:32 - Aug 30 by 2face

I do agree but they are (these days) very generously reimbursed for this inconvenience. I myself am not a fan boy but they do owe it to the fans somewhat to make a bit of an effort, they are public figures and it's the public that makes them.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024