Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread 12:23 - Aug 1 with 54779 viewsDarran

[Post edited 1 Aug 2013 12:25]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Aug 1 with 3894 viewsJackanapes

What a player Pozuelo looks.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:40 - Aug 1 with 3862 viewsChono

So impressed with Shelvey. Spraying balls for fun at times. Imagine if that halfway line effort went in ?
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:40 - Aug 1 with 3854 viewsJokeren1943

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Aug 1 by Jackanapes

What a player Pozuelo looks.

Yeah, he is allways on the move.

Making our midfield even more deadly.
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:42 - Aug 1 with 3794 viewsJonnyTheJack

What a performance. Standard has risen again. Shelvey was class, his cross field balls are on the money all the time. Impressed with Amat. Reminds me of Chico a bit, maybe it's a Spanish defender thing. Bony was impressive, proper strikers finishes. Great link up play with Michu. Pozuelo was great when he came on too, awesome goal.

If you weren't aroused by that performance I'd be surprised.
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:44 - Aug 1 with 3729 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

What a start to season! So pleased with the way the team is looking, new players look like they are have settled in really well.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:46 - Aug 1 with 3691 viewsLaudrupFan

After the 3 subs, what was he formation?

Vorm
Rangel Amat Williams Davies
Canas JDG
Pozuelo Shelvey Routledge
Bony

Or?

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:48 - Aug 1 with 3653 viewsMissbehaven

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:42 - Aug 1 by JonnyTheJack

What a performance. Standard has risen again. Shelvey was class, his cross field balls are on the money all the time. Impressed with Amat. Reminds me of Chico a bit, maybe it's a Spanish defender thing. Bony was impressive, proper strikers finishes. Great link up play with Michu. Pozuelo was great when he came on too, awesome goal.

If you weren't aroused by that performance I'd be surprised.

the new signings looks really promising, seems like we have strenghten the team quite alot when it comes to pace, skills, technique and tactical understanding.. We look very strong, I hope this progress will continue.
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:48 - Aug 1 with 3643 viewsCaptain

First goal - Michu -

Second goal - Bony -

Third goal - Bony -

Fourth goal - Pozuelo -

[Post edited 1 Aug 2013 21:49]

https://www.facebook.com/canadianswans A facebook page for Swansea City fans in Canada. Please like, share and spread the word!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Aug 1 with 3572 viewsSwansNZ

Good work Captain

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Aug 1 with 3552 viewsmonmouth

Just. F*****g. Wow.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Aug 1 with 3507 viewsPureRockFury

The Pozuelo goal was a sublime piece of football.

Even the bad times were good.

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:56 - Aug 1 with 3480 viewsChono

Loving the work of Captain Turtles
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Aug 1 with 3442 viewsChono

That 4th goal. Oooof.
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Aug 1 with 3440 viewsLaudrup

101 Great Goals - videos and gifs:

Michu & Bony star as Swansea hit Malmo for 4 http://www.101greatgoals.com/goals/england/swansea-v-malmo-live-updates/

1-0 Swansea: Michu v Malmo [VIDEO]
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12ko0d_swansea-1-0-malmo-gol-de-michu-uefa-eur

1-0 Swansea: Michu v Malmo [GIF]

2-0 Swansea: Wilfried Bony v Malmo [GIF]

3-0 Swansea: Wilfried Bony v Malmo [GIF]

4-0 Swansea: Alejandro Pozuelo v Malmo [GIF]
[Post edited 1 Aug 2013 22:01]

I hate signatures

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:58 - Aug 1 with 3422 viewsDavillin

Most of the comments I agree with, but to be honest, Shelvey was not a real contributor to the game. I'll wait to see his shot completion rate, which appeared to be closer to 50% than anything else.

Too many hoofs ending in lost possession. Even some short passes easily taken away. And very long shots [way too long for our style] some off target by yards - all give-aways. That is not the way we play.

One commentator said, at about 12 minutes, "Shelvey needs to be more disciplined to fit into the Swansea style." I added, "for starters."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:59 - Aug 1 with 3390 viewsmarchamjack

wow just wow

when is this ever going to stop, year on year we just step it up and bring in new players and the team kicks on

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:00 - Aug 1 with 3380 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:58 - Aug 1 by Davillin

Most of the comments I agree with, but to be honest, Shelvey was not a real contributor to the game. I'll wait to see his shot completion rate, which appeared to be closer to 50% than anything else.

Too many hoofs ending in lost possession. Even some short passes easily taken away. And very long shots [way too long for our style] some off target by yards - all give-aways. That is not the way we play.

One commentator said, at about 12 minutes, "Shelvey needs to be more disciplined to fit into the Swansea style." I added, "for starters."

... at least he does shoot, which most of the team last season were afraid to do that.

Early doors, but I thought he played quite well

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:03 - Aug 1 with 3302 viewsChono

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:58 - Aug 1 by Davillin

Offers a directness we've lacked all too often
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:03 - Aug 1 with 3298 viewsthe_gasman

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:00 - Aug 1 by SwansNZ

... at least he does shoot, which most of the team last season were afraid to do that.

Early doors, but I thought he played quite well

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:13 - Aug 1 with 3136 viewsmarchamjack

I do normally agree with most you have to say Davillin, but this time I couldn't disagree more on Shelvey.

Not getting carried away by one game v the Swedes, but Shelvey clearly played very well (aside from giving the ball away at times which I accept) but his overall contribution (driving forwards/long passing/shooting) brought something new to the team and the postives far outwieighed the negaitives.

Great first game for me. More of the same please.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2013 22:14]

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Aug 1 with 3100 viewsLaudrupFan

This game also showed that Williams and Michu must not be sold! (if anyone doubted that...)

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Aug 1 with 3024 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Aug 1 by LaudrupFan

This game also showed that Williams and Michu must not be sold! (if anyone doubted that...)

Now Ash has the telly commentators and hence the lazy print media on his side we'll need a fecking force field to repel some speculative bids. If he's still here on August 31st I'll breath a huge sigh of relief. If not, we'll just have to find better, yet again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:23 - Aug 1 with 2968 viewsjackb

Ben Davies - thought he was brilliant tonight, overlaps, crosses and off course his primary job - defending. Taylor going to have a job getting back in
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:26 - Aug 1 with 2929 viewsJackfath

I am sorry but I have to disagree. He will be a class player for us with vision and drive.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:27 - Aug 1 with 2913 viewsPlasticman

That was certainly a nice game to watch :D

Plastic since 2012

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024