Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season 08:56 - Apr 16 with 6767 viewsRanger78

What does everybody really think about HR staying in the champ?

I'll start, I know I am going to be very unpopular for saying it but I am terrified with the thought if him staying.

I just don't see him suited to the Championship or our club and I am not sure I can continue listening to him blame everybody else?

In no way am I going to defend Hughes .... this season was an aboute mess fir him, a dusgrace in fact but it really does make me smile that when he was in charge it was always his fault and now that Redknapp is in charge, it is always the players fault??? Lets not forget last season Hughes had to contend with all if the sending offs... the players faults but still kept us up

I am also not going to defend the players in anyway, most if them have been a disgrace but I am very angry that HR seems to escape any kind of criticism.

Has he really done a good job?? In my opinion, if he was even half as good as most people think, then he should have kept us up. I am not saying it was an easy task but under HR, we have not even managed to beat Norwich and Wigan at home..... surely he should at least be questioned???

I am worried that with such a big squad of highly paid players and with him on such a big contract himself, we are in a much bigger mess than most are prepared to admit??

He is going to want a ton of money to go again with championship players and I'm very worried.

Does anyone else share my concerns or am I being an idiot??? Is HR really the right man??
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 14:37 - Apr 16 with 1665 viewsJAPRANGERS

There is of course only 1 man for the job init??

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 14:41 - Apr 16 with 1658 viewsQPRDave

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 12:24 - Apr 16 by R_from_afar

You are so right about most fans saying MH was the best choice, and he certainly was the logical one. I thought he was a good choice too.

However, now we have umpteen fans - and pundits - using the benefit of hindsight - which makes everyone an expert - to say it was a mistake. They also cry that QPR needs stability, overlooking the fact that that was clearly the reason while TF stuck with Hughes for so long.

RFA

Good point...i think Hughes was given about the right amount of time personally. I think it was roughly a 1/3 of the season, and i can understand why TF gave him that time. As much as we all blame Hughes (and i do) the players for me have to shoulder the majority of it. Neil Warnock's team proved you don't have to be superstars to win a game of football, and everyone of them can make an effort, but it's up to each individual to want to do so, and for me they couldn't be bothered
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 14:49 - Apr 16 with 1652 viewsRanger78

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 11:26 - Apr 16 by QPRDave

Who is the right man?....Most fans (me included) thought Mark Hughes was the man. Think back to the managers we had, yes Flavio's trigger finger was little too twitchy at times, but i didn't have a lot of belief in any of em tbh.
Let's try a bit of stability managerial wise and see where we go......although it sounds like the player revolving door is gonna be spinning again this summer....so we'll be starting again next season with another fresh team

I think Reading have had an unbelievable set of circumstances, starting with Nigel Adkins as there manager will put them in a better position than us.

We are going to have the player revolving dour and HR wanting to assemble the most expensive Championship suad in history.

It's gonna be tough
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 15:06 - Apr 16 with 1639 viewsBklynRanger

I think in terms of ability and experience HR is the right man, but he and TF will have to do some serious and honest reflection on whether or not he has the stomach for it.

The confounding factor in all of that of course is the massive paypacket he'll get if he stays. But I do worry that by early December he'll:
-find us bumping around lower mid-table;
-be dealing with players on a daily basis that are not up to what he's been used to in recent years nor expected to at this stage in his career
-using the word 'difficult' 10 or 15 times an interview

If he really believes that he has the fire in his belly for it then great - if not then lets look for somebody else.
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 15:16 - Apr 16 with 1629 viewsChicken

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 14:34 - Apr 16 by fakekerby

Hardly 'mid table' form, we're 14th from when Harry took over with around 1 point per game, which is 38 points across a whole season which would maybe scrape you staying up.

Harry's done an okay job, but I don't think he had 'an impossible job' especially given he had the whole of January.

That said, missing out on Crouch/Odemwingie and M'Vila has probably cost us and they were a big part of his plans.

He had lots of winnable matches, that is why he took the job. But he has failed to win almost all of them. He should do the decent thing, and fall on his sword.
But he won't. So get shot.
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 16:30 - Apr 16 with 1613 viewsthedelldays

redknapp staying in the championship?

you really think he will hang around if a half decent prem job come available???
Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 16:33 - Apr 16 with 1608 viewsTHEBUSH

IMO, no way should he be sacked, if he wants to stay, fine !!

He's not the most like able manager, but that probably is a good thing ?

Is the Redknapp really the right man for next season on 17:34 - Apr 16 with 1591 viewsswitchingcode

Warnock and Ainsworth is a good shout Harry has had his chance and needs to move to his job in waiting on motd
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024