Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been saying it for weeks 21:12 - Sep 29 with 3806 viewsKeithHaynes

And a certain few know only too well, Luke Williams is utterly shanked off.
And we all know the reason why.

Today’s interview after the game.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Been saying it for weeks on 21:26 - Sep 29 with 2742 viewsGVJack

I don't pick up on anything major in the interview other than a bit disappointed we didn't score a second and put them to bed?
Been saying it for weeks on 21:33 - Sep 29 with 2718 viewsSwans9

I think if Franco had hit it anywhere but at the keeper it would of went in. Issue for the rest of the season is we can't keep on relying on bad finishing from the opposition and good saves from our keeper and defensive blocks to win us games. In desperate need of a striker in Jan. I happy with the start and to be nowhere near relegation.
Been saying it for weeks on 21:33 - Sep 29 with 2714 viewsshandyjack

I’m more disappointed that we have a winger we spent nearly £2m on picking up splinters while he played an off it Ronald for 90 mins who should have been hooked at half time and brought on a CM to play on the wing at the end when we all know he can’t do that job. Baffling subs again

Poll: Expectation for the season

Been saying it for weeks on 21:37 - Sep 29 with 2687 viewsKeithHaynes

Been saying it for weeks on 21:26 - Sep 29 by GVJack

I don't pick up on anything major in the interview other than a bit disappointed we didn't score a second and put them to bed?

Wrong one ! That’s the edited one from the club. Sky one.

Straight after the game. If anyone can find it. The presenters commented on it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Been saying it for weeks on 21:47 - Sep 29 with 2626 viewspete

Been saying it for weeks on 21:37 - Sep 29 by KeithHaynes

Wrong one ! That’s the edited one from the club. Sky one.

Straight after the game. If anyone can find it. The presenters commented on it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

yes saw it he was well peed off
Been saying it for weeks on 21:49 - Sep 29 with 2610 viewsKeithHaynes

Been saying it for weeks on 21:47 - Sep 29 by pete

yes saw it he was well peed off

Someone must have recorded it, no way a reflection of what he said to Swans TV.

Been saying it for weeks on 22:03 - Sep 29 with 2535 viewsQJumpingJack

Will he still be in charge by May 2025????
Been saying it for weeks on 23:18 - Sep 29 with 2348 viewsKeithHaynes

Been saying it for weeks on 22:03 - Sep 29 by QJumpingJack

Will he still be in charge by May 2025????

Hahahahahah perhaps we should leave the made up stuff to another site 😂😂😂😂

Login to get fewer ads

Been saying it for weeks on 07:48 - Sep 30 with 2089 viewsmagicdaps10

Not seen it but read this morning that Williams said the depth of the squad is not holding them back! We all know, even Williams knows that is not true but I would have hoped he would have suggested that rather than say what certain people want him too say.
I understand that they pay his wages but in today's world then an opinion can't be scoffed at.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Been saying it for weeks on 08:04 - Sep 30 with 2065 viewsDr_Winston

Been saying it for weeks on 21:33 - Sep 29 by shandyjack

I’m more disappointed that we have a winger we spent nearly £2m on picking up splinters while he played an off it Ronald for 90 mins who should have been hooked at half time and brought on a CM to play on the wing at the end when we all know he can’t do that job. Baffling subs again

Yep.

Choices. His choices.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Been saying it for weeks on 08:14 - Sep 30 with 2023 views3swan

Been saying it for weeks on 21:49 - Sep 29 by KeithHaynes

Someone must have recorded it, no way a reflection of what he said to Swans TV.

I saw it straight after the game and said what was that all about. Seemed very abrupt in his answering and very negative. It did seem more than just about the game

The one on the O.S. seems less negative without being overly positive.

Chalk and cheese.
Been saying it for weeks on 13:44 - Sep 30 with 1644 viewsRichardO

Been saying it for weeks on 21:33 - Sep 29 by shandyjack

Ronald is not being given the space by the fullback pressing so high it drags a midfielder back to close any space down and he must now stay out wide, this is done because this is how Williams tells his players how they must play. When Ronald first came here he was looking to hit the channels between the full back and centrehalf pulling players out of position, even making Cabango's through balls look good and allowing Ronald to get in good positions in the box to cause problems, this has stopped! "you must play out wide" is stifling his game and any other player be it Bianchini or Abdulai it is almost like telling a play to stop playing.
Been saying it for weeks on 13:49 - Sep 30 with 1627 viewsWhiterockin

Been saying it for weeks on 13:44 - Sep 30 by RichardO

Ronald is not being given the space by the fullback pressing so high it drags a midfielder back to close any space down and he must now stay out wide, this is done because this is how Williams tells his players how they must play. When Ronald first came here he was looking to hit the channels between the full back and centrehalf pulling players out of position, even making Cabango's through balls look good and allowing Ronald to get in good positions in the box to cause problems, this has stopped! "you must play out wide" is stifling his game and any other player be it Bianchini or Abdulai it is almost like telling a play to stop playing.

You are an excellent poster but you are looking too deeply at the tactics. The problem with Ronald is his final ball. At times yesterday we had 4 players in and around the box and failed to cross the ball.
Been saying it for weeks on 14:09 - Sep 30 with 1590 viewsshandyjack

Been saying it for weeks on 13:44 - Sep 30 by RichardO

he had ample opportunities in the first half where he had acres of space and he refused time and again to take on his man. When he did get in behind his final ball (if that's what you can call it) was horrendous. He is so wasteful and should have been hooked half time and needs some time on the bench

Poll: Expectation for the season

Been saying it for weeks on 14:13 - Sep 30 with 1580 viewsRichardO

Been saying it for weeks on 13:49 - Sep 30 by Whiterockin

You are an excellent poster but you are looking too deeply at the tactics. The problem with Ronald is his final ball. At times yesterday we had 4 players in and around the box and failed to cross the ball.

I do appreciate his decision making for his final ball hasn't improved since he has been here, initially I suspected him trying too hard and not looking and expecting players to be aware of how he played being new to the team but now think he is playing the style asked of him, that we saw under Martin which in many cases keep the possession until the perfect scoring chance arrives but we haven't got a Ntcham, Piroe or Paterson in the team to make use of small spaces created.
Really think he needs to have the ball earlier and up the pitch so he can take defenders on one on one and not coming back to fill the space left by Naughton in the right back position to play the safe ball as so many of our forward players have been programmed and forced to do, instead of being high up the pitch on the back of fullbacks who are not as physically strong as him.
We have seen how quick thinking players can open up games but we seem to have to play to the formula.
Been saying it for weeks on 15:23 - Sep 30 with 1399 viewsSullutaCreturned

Been saying it for weeks on 14:13 - Sep 30 by RichardO

I do appreciate his decision making for his final ball hasn't improved since he has been here, initially I suspected him trying too hard and not looking and expecting players to be aware of how he played being new to the team but now think he is playing the style asked of him, that we saw under Martin which in many cases keep the possession until the perfect scoring chance arrives but we haven't got a Ntcham, Piroe or Paterson in the team to make use of small spaces created.
Really think he needs to have the ball earlier and up the pitch so he can take defenders on one on one and not coming back to fill the space left by Naughton in the right back position to play the safe ball as so many of our forward players have been programmed and forced to do, instead of being high up the pitch on the back of fullbacks who are not as physically strong as him.
We have seen how quick thinking players can open up games but we seem to have to play to the formula.

It's all about the formula, it was under Martin too. It's the one way or the highway. The problems are exactly the same too, lack of creativity, being slow and predictable and ultimately too slow.

We have to gift wrap the oppo chances too. it's the law.
Been saying it for weeks on 16:09 - Sep 30 with 1260 viewsKeithHaynes

Been saying it for weeks on 14:09 - Sep 30 by shandyjack

he had ample opportunities in the first half where he had acres of space and he refused time and again to take on his man. When he did get in behind his final ball (if that's what you can call it) was horrendous. He is so wasteful and should have been hooked half time and needs some time on the bench

Needs a rest for me, despite its early in the season. Give him a few things to think about.

Bianchini who allegedly cost the club the most this summer still hasn’t had a real chance. Same position, mind you who can say 😂

Been saying it for weeks on 16:47 - Sep 30 with 1199 viewsmax936

Been saying it for weeks on 16:09 - Sep 30 by KeithHaynes

Needs a rest for me, despite its early in the season. Give him a few things to think about.

Bianchini who allegedly cost the club the most this summer still hasn’t had a real chance. Same position, mind you who can say 😂

Bianchini's fitness is probably the issue, he looked totally unfit when he played the other week, that's really poor from him though young lad making his way in the game and he's not even fit and he looked overweight.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Been saying it for weeks on 16:56 - Sep 30 with 1174 viewsRichardO

Been saying it for weeks on 16:47 - Sep 30 by max936

Bianchini's fitness is probably the issue, he looked totally unfit when he played the other week, that's really poor from him though young lad making his way in the game and he's not even fit and he looked overweight.

Players of a certain ilk and skills not able to play the way a manager wants to and gets discarded, we have seen seemingly good players ignored for various reasons when their skills seem to be what is missing from a team.
Been saying it for weeks on 17:02 - Sep 30 with 1155 viewsmax936

Been saying it for weeks on 16:56 - Sep 30 by RichardO

Players of a certain ilk and skills not able to play the way a manager wants to and gets discarded, we have seen seemingly good players ignored for various reasons when their skills seem to be what is missing from a team.

Totally agree and it probably all goes back to those dreaded stat's and data on those spreadsheets.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Been saying it for weeks on 17:08 - Sep 30 with 1152 viewsWhiterockin

Been saying it for weeks on 16:56 - Sep 30 by RichardO

I take it you saw Bianchini when he made his couple of appearances. Did you think he was unfit and overweight. For me the half hour he had at WBA he ambled about the pitch and was way off the pace.
Been saying it for weeks on 17:29 - Sep 30 with 1095 viewsRichardO

Been saying it for weeks on 17:08 - Sep 30 by Whiterockin

I take it you saw Bianchini when he made his couple of appearances. Did you think he was unfit and overweight. For me the half hour he had at WBA he ambled about the pitch and was way off the pace.

If we are talking about the same game he came on the right wing in front of the West stand so the view from the East would be differcult to see if he was carrying a bit of weight but from what I saw he looked as if he was trying different things to try and open up a stubborn defence with very little movement around him, movement that would have helped created the space he was looking to play for but as we have seen also with Abdulai and Ronald very little is being created further up the pitch on the right especially by the time they come on Naughton is on the pitch and won't go beyond them, the support and movement that is being offered on the left seems much better.
Key and Ronald are not quite clicking yet but that can take time.
Been saying it for weeks on 17:41 - Sep 30 with 1072 viewsWhiterockin

Been saying it for weeks on 17:29 - Sep 30 by RichardO

If we are talking about the same game he came on the right wing in front of the West stand so the view from the East would be differcult to see if he was carrying a bit of weight but from what I saw he looked as if he was trying different things to try and open up a stubborn defence with very little movement around him, movement that would have helped created the space he was looking to play for but as we have seen also with Abdulai and Ronald very little is being created further up the pitch on the right especially by the time they come on Naughton is on the pitch and won't go beyond them, the support and movement that is being offered on the left seems much better.
Key and Ronald are not quite clicking yet but that can take time.

I think you are talking about the Norwich game WBA was away. Both games I thought he was way off the pace. As for Key and Ronald not clicking yet, Ronald just needs to look up and play the ball into the area.
Been saying it for weeks on 18:30 - Sep 30 with 979 viewsRichardO

Been saying it for weeks on 17:41 - Sep 30 by Whiterockin

I think you are talking about the Norwich game WBA was away. Both games I thought he was way off the pace. As for Key and Ronald not clicking yet, Ronald just needs to look up and play the ball into the area.

Think I got my games mixed up thinking more of the Wycombe game which then makes nonesense of my view being from the East stand as he played all that game, he is a big unit but I wouldn't hold that against him but what is being asked of him.
I thought he had a good touch on him, prepared to give him time to settle, then again I liked Pedersen but obviously not first team standard according to Williams all about opinions
Need to see more of Bianchini before making judgement
[Post edited 1 Oct 7:02]
Been saying it for weeks on 18:49 - Sep 30 with 951 viewsjohnlangy

Been saying it for weeks on 14:09 - Sep 30 by shandyjack

'he had ample opportunities in the first half where he had acres of space and he refused time and again to take on his man.'

I was baffled by that as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024