Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol 08:00 - Sep 24 with 3248 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63024/

Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:03 - Sep 24 with 2447 viewsmax936

I wonder who is out there and who Luke is looking at, lets hope whoever it is comes in and does a good job at the moment we only got LC and Zan who looks clearly off the pace, lot of games coming up before and around Christmas.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:23 - Sep 24 with 2411 viewsFireboy2

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:03 - Sep 24 by max936

I wonder who is out there and who Luke is looking at, lets hope whoever it is comes in and does a good job at the moment we only got LC and Zan who looks clearly off the pace, lot of games coming up before and around Christmas.

I think it's worth paying through the nose for a decent championship standard striker, we are playing well, a good striker could keep us up near the play offs.
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:29 - Sep 24 with 2392 viewsWhiterockin

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:23 - Sep 24 by Fireboy2

I think it's worth paying through the nose for a decent championship standard striker, we are playing well, a good striker could keep us up near the play offs.

I've got a feeling Kyrell Wilson may be given a chance off the bench within the next couple of games, it will be exciting to see how he does.
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 17:34 - Sep 24 with 2244 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:29 - Sep 24 by Whiterockin

I've got a feeling Kyrell Wilson may be given a chance off the bench within the next couple of games, it will be exciting to see how he does.

That seems to be the brief this week.
But he needs a decent go.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 17:40 - Sep 24 with 2221 viewsWhiterockin

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 17:34 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

Three matches in six days all the players will need to managed, particularly those coming back from injury. Take Cullen off after 70 minutes on Sunday and slip him on.
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 13:49 - Sep 25 with 1726 viewspete

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 17:40 - Sep 24 by Whiterockin

Three matches in six days all the players will need to managed, particularly those coming back from injury. Take Cullen off after 70 minutes on Sunday and slip him on.

see Aron Connelly gone to Sunderland on a 1 yr deal
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 13:53 - Sep 25 with 1718 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 13:49 - Sep 25 by pete

see Aron Connelly gone to Sunderland on a 1 yr deal

Needs must, we are dragging our feet on this. I think relying on K. Wilson to make the step up to save them money.

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 14:38 - Sep 25 with 1661 viewspete

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 13:53 - Sep 25 by KeithHaynes

Needs must, we are dragging our feet on this. I think relying on K. Wilson to make the step up to save them money.

Hi Keith , what new ? this the story since current owners have taken over
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:46 - Sep 25 with 1557 viewsDr_Winston

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 14:38 - Sep 25 by pete

Hi Keith , what new ? this the story since current owners have taken over

What are you classing as "current owners"?

There was certainly no shortage of cash being spent from 2016 to 2018, and given the levels of subsidy required on an annual basis just to maintain the squad we have now it doesn't look like much has changed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:51 - Sep 25 with 1543 viewspete

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:46 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

What are you classing as "current owners"?

There was certainly no shortage of cash being spent from 2016 to 2018, and given the levels of subsidy required on an annual basis just to maintain the squad we have now it doesn't look like much has changed.

I mean the owners we have now who are not really interested in Swansea , the people on the ground here apart, the people who really hold the purse strings have not been to see the team play in ages so for me not interested and dont care thats our current owners
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 17:42 - Sep 25 with 1491 viewsDr_Winston

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:51 - Sep 25 by pete

I mean the owners we have now who are not really interested in Swansea , the people on the ground here apart, the people who really hold the purse strings have not been to see the team play in ages so for me not interested and dont care thats our current owners

I have no idea when they last saw the team play, nor do I particularly care.

What is an undeniable statement of fact however that a significant eight figure sum has been put into the club to cover ongoing losses over the last four or five years. Probably too much if we're being honest, which is why a rebalancing of the clubs finances is overdue.

People (not specifically you, there are loads) have spent much of the time since 2016 complaining about a lack of "investment" in the club. We broke our transfer record several times after 2016 whilst still in the PL, and have spent £1m plus on plenty of players since getting relegated despite ever mounting deficits.

I find it difficult to understand how anyone can look at the clubs finances over the last several seasons and not come to the same conclusion.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 17:53 - Sep 25 with 1481 viewsSullutaCreturned

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 17:34 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

Yeah, give him a start not just "a go" because we've seen in the past players get a go and be on for 2 or 3 mins, sometimes not coming in until injury time and how are they supposed to show anything then?

Be brave, give him a start. No point putting any player on the bench if you've no intention if using them.
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 18:08 - Sep 25 with 1460 viewsWhiterockin

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 17:42 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

What is an undeniable statement of fact however that a significant eight figure sum has been put into the club to cover ongoing losses over the last four or five years. Probably too much if we're being honest, which is why a rebalancing of the clubs finances is overdue.

People (not specifically you, there are loads) have spent much of the time since 2016 complaining about a lack of "investment" in the club. We broke our transfer record several times after 2016 whilst still in the PL, and have spent £1m plus on plenty of players since getting relegated despite ever mounting deficits.

I find it difficult to understand how anyone can look at the clubs finances over the last several seasons and not come to the same conclusion.

I think the owners have made terrible mistakes and wasted a great amount of money over the last four or five years. If they had not made the poor decisions they would not have needed to invest so much money. Do you agree or disagree.
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 18:59 - Sep 25 with 1414 viewsDr_Winston

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 18:08 - Sep 25 by Whiterockin

I think the owners have made terrible mistakes and wasted a great amount of money over the last four or five years. If they had not made the poor decisions they would not have needed to invest so much money. Do you agree or disagree.

I certainly don't disagree that loads of it has been wasted. We didn't get much of a return from what we allowed Potter to spend, there have been a couple of poor managerial appointments and wages in general have been much too high for for the return we've got (£1m a season for Captain Marvel when nobody else was offering him anything remotely similar being the prime example).

None of which however deflects from the fact that they've done the very thing that even now far too many people still accuse them of not doing. Accuse them of poor management by all means. There's a hell of a case to be made for that. Accuse them of not investing in, supporting or "backing" the club? It's simply not true.

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 19:05 - Sep 25 with 1403 viewsunion_jack

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 17:53 - Sep 25 by SullutaCreturned

Yeah, give him a start not just "a go" because we've seen in the past players get a go and be on for 2 or 3 mins, sometimes not coming in until injury time and how are they supposed to show anything then?

Be brave, give him a start. No point putting any player on the bench if you've no intention if using them.

By definition, being brave implies taking risks. Putting him in from the start maybe akin to throwing him to the wolves if he doesn’t perform. This is why they are given short cameos, it’s to get them used to the pressure and the step up in standard without a great amount of pressure.

I’ve not seen KW play so he may have all the attributes required but generally speaking there’s a reason for the softly softly approach.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 19:09 - Sep 25 with 1404 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 19:05 - Sep 25 by union_jack

By definition, being brave implies taking risks. Putting him in from the start maybe akin to throwing him to the wolves if he doesn’t perform. This is why they are given short cameos, it’s to get them used to the pressure and the step up in standard without a great amount of pressure.

I’ve not seen KW play so he may have all the attributes required but generally speaking there’s a reason for the softly softly approach.

Has had a very bad injury.

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 19:12 - Sep 25 with 1397 viewsWhiterockin

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 19:09 - Sep 25 by KeithHaynes

Has had a very bad injury.

Hence the reason they are not over pushing and being cautious.
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 22:42 - Sep 25 with 1240 viewsReslovenSwan1

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:51 - Sep 25 by pete

I cannot see how you can argue they are not interested. The most dis-interested owners are are the fans ownership group and their members. They make statements organise forums for which they do not attend for cross examination.

They were worth a staggering £21m in 2016 but have not sold a single share that was virtually handed to them for pennies. The members were so dis interested they did not even consider or mitigating against the effects of relegation on their holding. In a recent forum some disrespectful fan (notably from the "Alliance") was more concerned about who the head of recruitment was seen talking to at one scouting trip than matters of governance.

So where is the disinterest?

a) They do not invest? { A reported £23m of "interest"}

b) They do not attend. {Coleman and his VP is one of them and lives in Swansea}.

c) They do not engage. {Numerous engagement with no vetted questions}

d) But the recruitment man is no good {Ronald, Eom, Vigoreaux, Key, Tymon and Franco have changed the narrative)

e) Levien is a human being and knows he will get abuse and this could affect the team. Coleman is a cash owner. They only turn up o for the odd away game. If the fans fawned on them like they do for Hollywood A listers in Wrexham he would be here more often.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 22:55 - Sep 25 with 1220 viewsmagicdaps10

Regarding free agents.

It appears that free agents are getting picked up as seen with Aaron Connelly going to Sunderland. We can't let time drag on in hope that no one gets injured and expect the free agents to still be there when the injuries occur(hopefully they won't).

Get Andre Gray in on a contract until the end of the season and be done with it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 08:11 - Sep 26 with 1027 viewsWhiterockin

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 22:55 - Sep 25 by magicdaps10

Regarding free agents.

It appears that free agents are getting picked up as seen with Aaron Connelly going to Sunderland. We can't let time drag on in hope that no one gets injured and expect the free agents to still be there when the injuries occur(hopefully they won't).

Get Andre Gray in on a contract until the end of the season and be done with it.

It seems to me we are playing poker with the free agents. All well and good while we don't get any more injuries in key positions and the team is getting results. Problems in either area and we will be holding a losing hand. Paticularly with the free agent pool of players diminishing.
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 09:36 - Sep 26 with 926 viewspete

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 17:42 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

Morning doctor Winston,
I agree with some of your comments re money spent and records broken, but look at the huge mistakes they have made starting with Mr Bradly and you could be correct about rebalancing but if mistakes had not been made for whatever reason the rebalancing may not be required
When they came in we were told they would take us to the next level, and i for 1 hoped that would happen, but when you look at U S A owners 2 in particular Brum and Wrexham look at the way they have been run both made mistakes Brum in particular but they have decided to put big money into their club to at least try and get back into the championship and spent more on 1 player in the 3rd div that our owners have in all we brought in this window, time will tell if it was the right move or not,, you must agree that these owners and i did say people on the ground here in Swansea apart dont really care I wonder why they are here,?
Dc untd always in bottom half and their other sports venture simular in Australia
I understand others have far different veiws and i respect their opinions but this in mine, the big money guys in our club are not REALLY interested
Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 10:19 - Sep 26 with 834 viewsonehunglow

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 09:36 - Sep 26 by pete

Morning doctor Winston,
I agree with some of your comments re money spent and records broken, but look at the huge mistakes they have made starting with Mr Bradly and you could be correct about rebalancing but if mistakes had not been made for whatever reason the rebalancing may not be required
When they came in we were told they would take us to the next level, and i for 1 hoped that would happen, but when you look at U S A owners 2 in particular Brum and Wrexham look at the way they have been run both made mistakes Brum in particular but they have decided to put big money into their club to at least try and get back into the championship and spent more on 1 player in the 3rd div that our owners have in all we brought in this window, time will tell if it was the right move or not,, you must agree that these owners and i did say people on the ground here in Swansea apart dont really care I wonder why they are here,?
Dc untd always in bottom half and their other sports venture simular in Australia
I understand others have far different veiws and i respect their opinions but this in mine, the big money guys in our club are not REALLY interested

Bottom line is ,yiu love the club and want the best . Like me.
Whether or not,it’s feasible is not the point
When we were told they would take us to the next level,we expected that .
The owners have the purse strings
They have the money
They have put money on but utterly wasted it through incompetency .
The parachute payment used to cover losses .
Yeah baby
The club was not and has not been marketed properly and we have missed out on significant expansion including match day revenue ,which brings us back to players and coaches

It’s a whirlwind

Don’t be intimidated by anyone making out they are more financially adroit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 10:43 - Sep 26 with 822 viewsmagicdaps10

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 22:55 - Sep 25 by magicdaps10

Regarding free agents.

Planning see.
Good at saying it but not at doing it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:59 - Sep 26 with 599 viewsDr_Winston

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 09:36 - Sep 26 by pete

Morning doctor Winston,

Good afternoon Pete. I concur that mistakes have been made as I said in an earlier post. Big ones. Mismanagement and a lack of investment are not the same thing however. For another example, Farhad Moshiri has spent upwards of £300m at Everton and got nowhere.

I may be wrong, but the FFP rules are somewhat different in League One as far as I can gather, hence Birmingham effectively bringing their Championship spending forward by what they no doubt hope will be just a season. If they get stuck for any length of time at this level then they will face the same issues as us in having to meet P&S rules. Ditto Wrexham.

As to the question "why are they still here", I believe that we're mostly a convenient tax write off/long term potential payout. They've (meaning Kaplan and Levein) made vastly more profit with their DC United investment than they've lost here. A $60m purchase was most recently valued at $800m. Should they succeed in getting us back into the PL at some point, they could probably recoup most of what they spent here too. In the meantime we're a low cost gamble to offset gains made elsewhere for the IRS.

You don't need to be a financial expert to work a lot of this out no matter what certain others might claim.

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 19:15 - Sep 26 with 480 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams really isn’t sure about his squad. Free agent update and Bristol on 16:59 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

Good afternoon Pete. I concur that mistakes have been made as I said in an earlier post. Big ones. Mismanagement and a lack of investment are not the same thing however. For another example, Farhad Moshiri has spent upwards of £300m at Everton and got nowhere.

I may be wrong, but the FFP rules are somewhat different in League One as far as I can gather, hence Birmingham effectively bringing their Championship spending forward by what they no doubt hope will be just a season. If they get stuck for any length of time at this level then they will face the same issues as us in having to meet P&S rules. Ditto Wrexham.

As to the question "why are they still here", I believe that we're mostly a convenient tax write off/long term potential payout. They've (meaning Kaplan and Levein) made vastly more profit with their DC United investment than they've lost here. A $60m purchase was most recently valued at $800m. Should they succeed in getting us back into the PL at some point, they could probably recoup most of what they spent here too. In the meantime we're a low cost gamble to offset gains made elsewhere for the IRS.

You don't need to be a financial expert to work a lot of this out no matter what certain others might claim.

It’s spread over the last three years mate.

So, basically they will hit the buffers around 2027. ish.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024