Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banning Smoking outside pubs 14:12 - Aug 29 with 2900 viewsFlashberryjack

Keir Starmer has not ruled out the idea of smoking being banned in some outdoor spaces, including pub gardens and outside restaurants, as ministers consider fresh tobacco curbs that hospitality groups say could adversely affect the sector.

Good thing or another nail in the coffin of freedom of choice

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 14:15 - Aug 29 with 1399 viewsonehunglow

Great thing
Now tax fags as they should be
Increase prices by 50%
NHS heaving with smoking related diseases .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 14:35 - Aug 29 with 1393 viewsFlashberryjack

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 14:15 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

Great thing
Now tax fags as they should be
Increase prices by 50%
NHS heaving with smoking related diseases .

So you don't think it's an infringement on personal freedoms?

Ban Big Mac, Burger king, Alcohol, Sugar drinks, Processed meats think how much that could save the NHS.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 14:40 - Aug 29 with 1356 viewsonehunglow

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 14:35 - Aug 29 by Flashberryjack

Ban Big Mac, Burger king, Alcohol, Sugar drinks, Processed meats think how much that could save the NHS.

Nah.
I would also hammer those products too.
I like a drink but I hinestky believe we should be paying £ 10 a pint , At least a tenner for a bottle of wine and spirits whacked
Why?
Because we have a drinking culture that no government has had the guts to address .
We need to reduce the price of sugar free soft drinks drastically

Look at the shite dropped by Fast Food outlets

Deposit for soft drinks containers

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 14:42 - Aug 29 with 1379 viewsBoundy

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 14:35 - Aug 29 by Flashberryjack

But whilst sitting in your beer garden near a road just think of the nasty toxins being breathed in ,perhaps they should ban fossil fuel cars . Ahhh just remembered they are .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 15:26 - Aug 29 with 1333 viewsDr_Winston

Thousands of people end up requiring hospital treatment every year because they've voluntarily entered a dangerous environment. Imagine the cost of that.

Maybe we should ban cycling on the roads too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 15:45 - Aug 29 with 1344 viewsBoundy

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 15:26 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

Thousands of people end up requiring hospital treatment every year because they've voluntarily entered a dangerous environment. Imagine the cost of that.

Personally I'd ban the use of gyms ,with over 41% of users injured each year just think of the savings to the NHS that would be .

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 16:01 - Aug 29 with 1312 viewsDr_Winston

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 15:45 - Aug 29 by Boundy

Personally I'd ban the use of gyms ,with over 41% of users injured each year just think of the savings to the NHS that would be .

Quadruple the price of red wine. It's a gateway drug.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 17:53 - Aug 29 with 1263 viewsonehunglow

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 15:26 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

You hate cycling .
It’s clear
What has that to do with the topic
Cycling gets you healthy ,smoking kills yiu.
That is what this is about

Dangerous environments . Most dangerous is the kitchen . Most accidents happen in the home . Fact

Ban kitchens then or keep men out of them.

Innit

Login to get fewer ads

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 18:51 - Aug 29 with 1178 viewsDr_Winston

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 17:53 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

You hate cycling .
It’s clear
What has that to do with the topic
Cycling gets you healthy ,smoking kills yiu.
That is what this is about

Dangerous environments . Most dangerous is the kitchen . Most accidents happen in the home . Fact

Ban kitchens then or keep men out of them.

Innit

The argument is (and obviously you need it explained to you in detail) is that it's about personal choice. Someone's personal choice to risk death and injury by cycling into 30mph traffic is just as dumb as someone's personal choice to smoke 20 a day.

You'll argue in favour of one, and against the other, which makes you a massive hypocrite.

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 19:58 - Aug 29 with 1130 viewsonehunglow

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 18:51 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

The argument is (and obviously you need it explained to you in detail) is that it's about personal choice. Someone's personal choice to risk death and injury by cycling into 30mph traffic is just as dumb as someone's personal choice to smoke 20 a day.

You'll argue in favour of one, and against the other, which makes you a massive hypocrite.

Personal choice
Yep,when I’m eating outside ,I don’t want to be breathing noxious fag fumes
Personal choice is a wide subject
That’s for your contribution .

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 19:58 - Aug 29 with 1128 viewsonehunglow

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 18:51 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

You really cannot help yourself ,can you .

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 19:59 - Aug 29 with 1138 viewsDr_Winston

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 19:58 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

You really cannot help yourself ,can you .

No. When someone is being a hypocrite I can't help but point it out and laugh at them.

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 20:03 - Aug 29 with 1123 viewsonehunglow

Let it go ffs
Just make your comments
Most do.
I don’t like smoking
You hate cycling,cyclists and looking after one’s body

You cannot debate at all.

It’s shame as I don’t think you’re dim at all,just poison.

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 20:06 - Aug 29 with 1118 viewsonehunglow

Why have laws then
If people had personal freedom to do what they want…imagine ,just imagine

Is it ok for junkies to shoot smack outside schools for example

Is it ok for paedophiles to exercise their choice.

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 20:11 - Aug 29 with 1114 viewsonehunglow

This thread started off as a decent debate
Killed now

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 20:49 - Aug 29 with 1126 viewsmajorraglan

Back on topic….

I despise smoking and have lost several loved ones to illnesses which were in all probability linked to their smoking. My take on this is that the ban on smoking inside is sufficient, if people want to smoke outdoors they should be allowed to as long as the pub landlord or other authority controlling the premises is happy, the ban on smoking inside should 100% remain.

To deter smoking, I’d introduce the legislation Sunak proposed introducing a rolling ban on youngsters being able to buy cigarettes, I’d also significantly increase the duty on tobacco and I’d increase the penalties for people smuggling tobacco in to the country.
[Post edited 29 Aug 21:02]
Banning Smoking outside pubs on 20:51 - Aug 29 with 1094 viewsonehunglow

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 20:49 - Aug 29 by majorraglan

Back on topic….

I despise smoking and have lost several loved ones to illnesses which were in all probability linked to their smoking. My take on this is that the ban on smoking inside is sufficient, if people want to smoke outdoors they should be allowed to as long as the pub landlord or other authority controlling the premises is happy, the ban on smoking inside should 100% remain.

To deter smoking, I’d introduce the legislation Sunak proposed introducing a rolling ban on youngsters being able to buy cigarettes, I’d also significantly increase the duty on tobacco and I’d increase the penalties for people smuggling tobacco in to the country.

Thanks for that.
You make fair points
I would just go further ,that’s all.
We have made strides to make smoking anti social and less kids are taking it up that’s in my younger days . That’s good.
However,we need to ramp it up so that older people ,in particular ,pack this killing habit up .

Thanks again

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 22:11 - Aug 29 with 1048 viewsunion_jack

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 20:49 - Aug 29 by majorraglan

Back on topic….

My personal belief is that smoking should be banned in all outside public places but especially where food or drink is served. I don’t give a fig about their health but I do about mine and inhaling someone else’s cancer stick is unhealthy and uncomfortable.

That said, as much as I hate breathing it in, I’d rather that than some of these goddam awful vapes that so many young people are now taking up. They stink. They need to be included in the ban.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 22:16 - Aug 29 with 1032 viewsmajorraglan

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 22:11 - Aug 29 by union_jack

My personal belief is that smoking should be banned in all outside public places but especially where food or drink is served. I don’t give a fig about their health but I do about mine and inhaling someone else’s cancer stick is unhealthy and uncomfortable.

That said, as much as I hate breathing it in, I’d rather that than some of these goddam awful vapes that so many young people are now taking up. They stink. They need to be included in the ban.

Fair points, but in terms of the smoking why not have parts of the out door area sectioned off for smokers should the land lord wish it.

Wales has already banned people from smoking on hospital grounds, but I’ve never seen in enforced and tbh I don’t know who would enforce it. During recent visits to my local hospital I’ve often seen patients in gowns standing outside having a cigarette but I’ve never seen anyone enforce it.
Banning Smoking outside pubs on 22:20 - Aug 29 with 1023 viewsFireboy2

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 22:11 - Aug 29 by union_jack

I do wonder how the people who have started and carried on this topic would feel someone started smoking close to them in an outside area they were drinking or eating in 🤔

It's just another swipe at policy of a government they despise, even though it's a good one.
Banning Smoking outside pubs on 00:57 - Aug 30 with 938 viewsRobbie

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 22:20 - Aug 29 by Fireboy2

I do wonder how the people who have started and carried on this topic would feel someone started smoking close to them in an outside area they were drinking or eating in 🤔

It's just another swipe at policy of a government they despise, even though it's a good one.

Do not smoke , a Cosulate as my try out on fags left me disenterested in smoking .

To a point I have tolerated smokers in pubs and my working enviroment in the past .
It was the given thing growing up .

My father on 60 per day Embassy Regal , coughing his guts up over the bog in the morning or my neighbour asking me to run down the shop and get him 10 Woodbine , or as he called it 10 lung busters , he knew it was a long term problem but was still addicted .

Loss of VAT on ciggies sales , who pays the shortfall in the revenue , just another excuse .

Want to crack down on illegal substances then take a stroll through Swansea City Centre .

Sure all them zombies are paying their taxes and duty on their product they use .

Try working were I am , the stench of weed on some shoppers is overpowering to the point means me leaving my work station for a while , sad to say their chidrens clothes smell .

Somebody having a fag in a pub beer garden , not in the dining area , no big deal .
Banning Smoking outside pubs on 06:30 - Aug 30 with 908 viewsWhiterockin

My personal annoyance is sometimes when I leave a building i have to exit through a group of people smoking, I thought that smoking shelters were supposed to stop this. The stadium is a prime example, why do people have to light up as soon as they exit, we are then stuck in a crowd next to people smoking. The club should ban smoking on all of its land not just inside the stadium.
Banning Smoking outside pubs on 08:42 - Aug 30 with 844 viewsonehunglow

Good comments .
Great stuff lads

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 09:32 - Aug 30 with 823 viewsBoundy

and yet no mention of vaping, an uncontrolled substance ( if anyone thinks inhaling copious amounts of smelly glycerine is as mad as a box of frogs, the an mount exhaled by one individual is on par with sitting on top of the Flying Scot when she's at full throttle. I'd much rather smell cigarette smoke than the sickly smell of the false aroma of someone's death.

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 09:50 - Aug 30 with 801 viewsunion_jack

Banning Smoking outside pubs on 09:32 - Aug 30 by Boundy

and yet no mention of vaping, an uncontrolled substance ( if anyone thinks inhaling copious amounts of smelly glycerine is as mad as a box of frogs, the an mount exhaled by one individual is on par with sitting on top of the Flying Scot when she's at full throttle. I'd much rather smell cigarette smoke than the sickly smell of the false aroma of someone's death.

I said the same in my post above. It’s awful, the smell makes me want to vomit.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024