Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City finances 10:06 - Jul 8 with 4872 viewsQJumpingJack

A review from the excellent swiss ramble:

https://swissramble.substack.com/p/swansea-city-finances-202223
Swansea City finances on 19:16 - Jul 8 with 1663 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City finances on 18:59 - Jul 8 by QJumpingJack

maybe at the next fans forum someone can ask him his official start date so we have an answer once and for all.
Mixed messages just add to the chaos.

He doesn't answer direct questions with direct answers.
Swansea City finances on 19:18 - Jul 8 with 1653 viewsmax936

Swansea City finances on 19:16 - Jul 8 by Whiterockin

He doesn't answer direct questions with direct answers.

I thought he said his mandate was to be open and honest

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City finances on 19:31 - Jul 8 with 1620 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City finances on 19:18 - Jul 8 by max936

I thought he said his mandate was to be open and honest

While only telling supporters what they need to know.
Swansea City finances on 19:50 - Jul 8 with 1595 viewsmax936

Swansea City finances on 19:31 - Jul 8 by Whiterockin

While only telling supporters what they need to know.

Exactly, he's got one thing in common with the smiling Tiger Farage at least,

Swansea City finances on 22:14 - Jul 8 with 1503 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City finances on 18:59 - Jul 8 by QJumpingJack

maybe at the next fans forum someone can ask him his official start date so we have an answer once and for all.
Mixed messages just add to the chaos.

He started in June went Winter left at the end of May. The accounts are to the end of July. His first accounting period for which he is solely responsible for started 1 August 2023.

There is no chaos. There was upheaval due to new manager (unexpected) new chairman and new recruitment team simultaneously.

Pro rata 83% of the previous years losses were attributed to Winter. 10 out of 12 months using his budget.
[Post edited 8 Jul 22:16]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City finances on 22:30 - Jul 8 with 1494 viewsQJumpingJack

Swansea City finances on 22:14 - Jul 8 by ReslovenSwan1

He started in June went Winter left at the end of May. The accounts are to the end of July. His first accounting period for which he is solely responsible for started 1 August 2023.

There is no chaos. There was upheaval due to new manager (unexpected) new chairman and new recruitment team simultaneously.

Pro rata 83% of the previous years losses were attributed to Winter. 10 out of 12 months using his budget.
[Post edited 8 Jul 22:16]

but he talked about Winter in early May as Chairman (and Joel Marsh) so he did not start in June - you may wish to edit your message?

as per the previous poster on page 1 - Coleman was officially announced as chairman on 5th May 2023. It is on the official site. So he certainly did not start in June (or August).
[Post edited 8 Jul 22:33]
Swansea City finances on 07:13 - Jul 9 with 1435 viewsDr_Winston

People can check the Companies House filings if they wish. Coleman was named as Chairman in a filing on 02/05/23. Winter departed officially on 23/06/23.

Now, those dates don't confirm when responsibility shifted, which is what most of the arguing is over. There would certainly have been a transitional period between the two. It might even have been a private agreement for Coleman to spend the first few months learning the ropes, making family arrangements etc before assuming control at the start of the season.

Bottom line is that when people say Coleman started in May they are telling the truth from a paperwork standpoint. When Coleman states that he didn't take full charge until August from his point of view he is, in all likelihood, also telling the truth. In either case realistically he came in far too late to have any serious influence over our dealings that Summer, which makes the argument somewhat pointless.

He would have had little to no say in budget setting for the season to follow. That would have been planned months ahead of time. Maybe longer.
[Post edited 9 Jul 7:51]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City finances on 11:17 - Jul 9 with 1347 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City finances on 22:30 - Jul 8 by QJumpingJack

but he talked about Winter in early May as Chairman (and Joel Marsh) so he did not start in June - you may wish to edit your message?

as per the previous poster on page 1 - Coleman was officially announced as chairman on 5th May 2023. It is on the official site. So he certainly did not start in June (or August).
[Post edited 8 Jul 22:33]

Winter was COO Chief operating Officer responsible for actions the nut and bolts. The Chairman is an organiser and determines overall strategy.

Winter left late May almost June.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/former-h

It is important to distinguish the CEO Chief Executive Officer and Chairman. Winter was never chairman. Coleman may now be Chairman and acting CEO or else Gude is.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City finances on 11:20 - Jul 9 with 1347 viewsQJumpingJack

Swansea City finances on 11:17 - Jul 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Winter was COO Chief operating Officer responsible for actions the nut and bolts. The Chairman is an organiser and determines overall strategy.

Winter left late May almost June.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/former-h

It is important to distinguish the CEO Chief Executive Officer and Chairman. Winter was never chairman. Coleman may now be Chairman and acting CEO or else Gude is.

Gude is Chief of Staff.
Swansea City finances on 12:08 - Jul 9 with 1311 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City finances on 11:20 - Jul 9 by QJumpingJack

Gude is Chief of Staff.

There are all sorts of titles. The breakdown is in the job descriptions .

Swansea City finances on 14:31 - Jul 9 with 1260 viewsBoundy

Swansea City finances on 12:08 - Jul 9 by ReslovenSwan1

There are all sorts of titles. The breakdown is in the job descriptions .

As you appear to be in the know , what exactly does Gude do for his money?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City finances on 14:40 - Jul 9 with 1247 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City finances on 14:31 - Jul 9 by Boundy

Swansea City finances on 18:09 - Jul 9 with 1189 viewsmax936

Swansea City finances on 14:31 - Jul 9 by Boundy

He plays with Colemans Sheep Dogs.

Swansea City finances on 18:29 - Jul 9 with 1172 viewsEagleEye

Swansea City finances on 16:29 - Jul 8 by QJumpingJack

why would he say August when he started in May?

Does it really matter when he started ? He should be judged on what he has achieved so far in his tenure. Whatever he may state that he has achieved since he started, I think it would be pretty unanimous that it has been far from a success. He has another chance to turn it around this summer & it doesn’t appear to be going in the right direction at the moment
Swansea City finances on 20:05 - Jul 9 with 1139 viewsQJumpingJack

Swansea City finances on 18:29 - Jul 9 by EagleEye

Does it really matter when he started ? He should be judged on what he has achieved so far in his tenure. Whatever he may state that he has achieved since he started, I think it would be pretty unanimous that it has been far from a success. He has another chance to turn it around this summer & it doesn’t appear to be going in the right direction at the moment

it doesn't matter when he started but what does matter is that he is consistent in his messages.
If he started in May then just admit it. Why say he started in August when he the club has him starting in early May (source: official site)
Swansea City finances on 07:33 - Jul 10 with 1069 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City finances on 20:05 - Jul 9 by QJumpingJack

it doesn't matter when he started but what does matter is that he is consistent in his messages.
If he started in May then just admit it. Why say he started in August when he the club has him starting in early May (source: official site)

Because as I said earlier, Winter didn't leave until nearly two months after Coleman was listed as Chairman. (Source: Companies House).

People are still arguing back and fore over dates that are largely meaningless in the context of that Summer window. Whether it was May or August his input on it would have been minimal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City finances on 19:39 - Jul 10 with 997 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea City finances on 10:19 - Jul 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Basic figures

Incomings revenue £21m

Expenses outgoings £42m

Loses £17m last year. Players trading balance £4m ?

£10m - £15m sales are not do easy these days sadly. Every year Swansea managed to generate ££12m +. Rodon Downes etc . Not this season or last. Now £3m here or there Obafemi Wood, Roberts Ntcham.

The only way to really profit from sales is to unearth a real gem that a Premier league club wants. That's because of the massive debts of Championship clubs, the vast majority of whom cannot afford large transfer fees.

I wonder how many clubs are facing sanctins, if we were running close to breaking spending rules, there must be several who broke that threshold.
Swansea City finances on 21:02 - Jul 10 with 948 viewsWhiterockin

The three outstanding charges registered at Companies House have been satisfied in full today without an influx of funds or share purchases.

Does this mean our transfer budget has been drastically reduced.
[Post edited 10 Jul 21:08]
Swansea City finances on 20:22 - Jul 25 with 744 viewsWhiterockin

Here we go. Registered today at Companies House.

Resolution of adoption of Articles of Association.
And
Memorandum and Articles of Association

Full details available in 10 days.
Swansea City finances on 21:05 - Jul 25 with 687 viewsQJumpingJack

Swansea City finances on 20:22 - Jul 25 by Whiterockin

Here we go. Registered today at Companies House.

Resolution of adoption of Articles of Association.
And
Memorandum and Articles of Association

Full details available in 10 days.

what does this mean?
Swansea City finances on 21:27 - Jul 25 with 620 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City finances on 22:07 - Jul 25 with 539 viewsKeithHaynes

Had a chat with someone earlier, yes and the trust is spot on.
However, this could be the start of acknowledging a fit and proper test is required (for someone) whoever that is.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City finances on 07:33 - Jul 26 with 345 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City finances on 22:07 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

Had a chat with someone earlier, yes and the trust is spot on.
However, this could be the start of acknowledging a fit and proper test is required (for someone) whoever that is.

My money is on Morris taking full control.

Personally I think that Swansea Football LLC have realised that they will never get a return on their investment unless we return to the Premier League. They also realise that selling our best players year on year and replacing with cheaper players we will not even tread water without significant investment year on year.

Morris did not buy extra shares on each round of dilution, did he see it as not a sound investment? The satisfying of the three charges built up over a couple of years did not need to be paid up all at once, it was done for a reason. Then yesterday's news from Companies House all points to one thing to me a new owner is on the way in and my money is on Morris.
Swansea City finances on 08:26 - Jul 26 with 306 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City finances on 07:33 - Jul 26 by Whiterockin

Personally I think that Swansea Football LLC have realised that they will never get a return on their investment unless we return to the Premier League. They also realise that selling our best players year on year and replacing with cheaper players we will not even tread water without significant investment year on year.

Morris did not buy extra shares on each round of dilution, did he see it as not a sound investment? The satisfying of the three charges built up over a couple of years did not need to be paid up all at once, it was done for a reason. Then yesterday's news from Companies House all points to one thing to me a new owner is on the way in and my money is on Morris.

Morris/ Morgan for me with maybe an unknown as well.

What is the likely figure of any sale and will Morris have the cash to to do it on his own.

Or will he want to spend that amount It's interesting for sure.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City finances on 09:33 - Jul 26 with 333 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City finances on 07:33 - Jul 26 by Whiterockin

Or someone form the middle East perhaps?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024