Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What three things.... 20:36 - Jun 23 with 4447 viewsLorax

Ok you heathens, if you could choose any 3 points in history, any great historical event to go back and watch live, what would you pick?

1, The building of the great Pyramid at Giza, I just want to know how they did it.

2, Operation Agreement WW2, I've heard the story but I want to see just how in hades my Grandpa survived the amphibious assault of Tobruk.

3, The grassy gnoll, I'd like to find out who actually did shoot JFK.
What three things.... on 18:44 - Jun 24 with 816 viewsbritferry

What three things.... on 17:43 - Jun 24 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

1400-1415? I thought it lasted longer than fifteen minutes.

not according to Andy Warhol

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

What three things.... on 23:39 - Jun 24 with 776 viewsLorax

If I was going back just to see battles then it's still be Op Agreement but then it'd be Salamis and the battle of the Phillipine sea.

Thing is, I'm not sure I'd really want to see one of the really big battles the ones I mentioned and Waterloo, Austerlitz, the bloodshed, the suffering, I could easily have enough of that in 5 minutes.

Maybe I'd like to see the Gettysburg address or find out if the birth of Jesus actually happened, how about being there when Tuts tomb was opened, once you've seen one gorefest battle, that should be enough.
What three things.... on 23:51 - Jun 24 with 769 viewsJack123

Umm, Jfk firstly.

Secondly I would like full access to everything that happened in Wuhan from say September 2019, till June 2020.

Oh yeah, wouldn't mind watching the dinosaurs as well :)

libera nos a malo

What three things.... on 23:51 - Jun 24 with 769 viewsKilkennyjack

What three things.... on 17:40 - Jun 24 by KeithHaynes

The Glyndwr uprising and no I didn’t google it.

You are a winner 👍

Beware of the Risen People

What three things.... on 23:52 - Jun 24 with 766 viewsKilkennyjack

What three things.... on 23:51 - Jun 24 by Jack123

Umm, Jfk firstly.

Secondly I would like full access to everything that happened in Wuhan from say September 2019, till June 2020.

Surprised you want to watch Cardiff … 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

What three things.... on 23:58 - Jun 24 with 761 viewsLorax

What three things.... on 14:29 - Jun 24 by Lohengrin

What ifs are great diversionary entertainment, mate.

Had Versailles gone differently the political landscape of the ‘20s and ‘30s would have been radically different. When Capital’s crisis struck in 1929, without the crippling burden of reparations there is every possibility that Weimar would have weathered the storm, just, as did Britain.

Hitler? His would be a name known only to undergraduate students of obscure, short-lived political sects of the immediate post-war era. Of the other leading Nazis we know now I’d say only two would have gone on to achieve fame or notoriety.

It’s not difficult to imagine Goebbels going on to become a hugely successful, if scurrilous journalist, attacking the sitting ducks of the left and right with equal relish well into the ‘60s.

The second figure offers an altogether different possibility. Had history followed a different trajectory Gregor Strasser may well be remembered today as a mid-century titan of the European centre-left. A possible German Chancellor, perhaps recalled as the father of the German welfare state?

I fully agree on that, a brilliant diversion but still, Loh, if you changed anything in history there would be no way of knowing how the new events would unfold.

Imagine if we did something and the secret of nuclear weapons never got out and the USA was the only nuclear power, would that be better? It's easy to argue it would be better, that Russia and China could shut up or else but it's not that easy.

Change one small thing and 70 years later it could end with M.A.D. I'd love to be able to go back and watch but I'd never want to interfere.
What three things.... on 08:20 - Jun 25 with 723 viewsonehunglow

What three things.... on 18:42 - Jun 24 by STID2017

It is just the chance to walk in Matthew Street, which played a massive part in the birth of music in the UK as we know it today, that makes it special to us "tourists" in Liverpool.
Same as anyone visiting the tv or movie studios in the UK or Hollywood ( the real ones not the fake ones ) can draw a sense of the birth of those genres.
Can't beat Monument Valley for stirring the memories mind

I get that stid but having worked there in Plod it kinda ha a skewed edge.
It does have an atmosphere though and requires little imagination to understand the significant Liverpool bands played in music. Not just the Beatles I hasten to add.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What three things.... on 09:35 - Jun 25 with 711 viewsbritferry

What three things.... on 23:51 - Jun 24 by Jack123

Umm, Jfk firstly.

you can still watch the dinosaurs, they play in blue (known to be red at times) at Cardiff City stadium every other Saturday

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Login to get fewer ads

What three things.... on 14:45 - Jun 25 with 680 viewsSTID2017

What three things.... on 08:20 - Jun 25 by onehunglow

I get that stid but having worked there in Plod it kinda ha a skewed edge.
It does have an atmosphere though and requires little imagination to understand the significant Liverpool bands played in music. Not just the Beatles I hasten to add.

That is the same for the West End and Broadway.
For all the glitz, glamour and history, there is a sad underbelly in both areas where people are living on the streets.
Sad but true.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What three things.... on 18:26 - Jun 25 with 653 views1983

Stand on the hill on the Isle of Wight in 1970 with the other 600,000-700,000 people and watch The Doors,The Who & Hendrix

Find out what exactly happened to Owain Glyndwr

1985 spend the last few hours with my nan just before she died and tell her I'm sorry,I love her and she need not have worried I didn't turn into a bad kid (well not too bad ) after all x

What three things.... on 19:53 - Jun 25 with 635 viewsSTID2017

What three things.... on 18:26 - Jun 25 by 1983

Stand on the hill on the Isle of Wight in 1970 with the other 600,000-700,000 people and watch The Doors,The Who & Hendrix

Find out what exactly happened to Owain Glyndwr

1985 spend the last few hours with my nan just before she died and tell her I'm sorry,I love her and she need not have worried I didn't turn into a bad kid (well not too bad ) after all x

The last one struck a cord.
If only we could go back to see our loved ones again
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 22:00]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What three things.... on 21:57 - Jun 25 with 625 viewsLuther27

What three things.... on 20:52 - Jun 23 by Kilkennyjack

1. I would stop Huw buying Mesa and Borja so we stay in Prem.

2. I would go to 1966 world cup final and get the Russian linesman to flag the goals as off- side.

3. I would send Joe Jordan to jail for cheating, and send Cymru to the World Cup

Brilliant
What three things.... on 09:42 - Jun 26 with 564 viewsKeithHaynes

The final mutterings of Lorax.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What three things.... on 09:49 - Jun 26 with 560 viewsonehunglow

What three things.... on 19:53 - Jun 25 by STID2017

The last one struck a cord.
If only we could go back to see our loved ones again
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 22:00]

It was poignant for many STID

I wished I had ripped into my father 50 yr earlier than I did though.

What three things.... on 11:11 - Jun 26 with 549 viewsCountyJim

Who takes the snow plough and gritter driver to work

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets

Why do women shower without washing their hair yet hour later wash their hair
What three things.... on 12:33 - Jun 26 with 533 viewsCatullus

What three things.... on 09:42 - Jun 26 by KeithHaynes

The final mutterings of Lorax.

Until the next time my computer goes absolutely bonkers! it's a fairly new computer too, not a year old yet, I only got it just before last Christmas.

I'm sure it's something to do with Microsoft edge, anybody else had any issues with this?

Take yesterday, I kept getting pop ups from Edge saying my laptop was infected with 5 viruses and to turn on my anitvirus which then changed to purchase an antivirus. My antivirus is on and always has been, I did a full scan and it came back clear but those pop ups kept on coming. It's Microsoft slaes dept Im sure.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What three things.... on 12:40 - Jun 26 with 532 viewsonehunglow

What three things.... on 12:33 - Jun 26 by Catullus

Until the next time my computer goes absolutely bonkers! it's a fairly new computer too, not a year old yet, I only got it just before last Christmas.

I'm sure it's something to do with Microsoft edge, anybody else had any issues with this?

Take yesterday, I kept getting pop ups from Edge saying my laptop was infected with 5 viruses and to turn on my anitvirus which then changed to purchase an antivirus. My antivirus is on and always has been, I did a full scan and it came back clear but those pop ups kept on coming. It's Microsoft slaes dept Im sure.

Better in the pre computer days of listening to the ramblings of Richard Shepherd for second half commentaries

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024