Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 16:49 - Feb 15 with 22019 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the meeting of two teams. The teams are known to everyone, some don’t care, most will possibly. It’s a bit like the Spanish inquisition without the Spanish who don’t inquire. Bastille ? Is that ok ? Who cares ? Ollie Mc street fighter might be there, Brewster millions where ever he is might appear. There will be a ball and men, it’s the men that make the difference as long as they have a ball.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57062/the-rest-of-februa

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57065/sheffield-united-b

Sheffield United: Wes Foderingham, George Baldock, John Fleck, Chris Basham, Sander Berge, Billy Sharp (captain), John Egan, Oliver Norwood, Jack Robinson, Morgan Gibbs-White, Rhys Norrington-Davies.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, Oli McBurnie, Ben Davies, Conor Hourihane, Charlie Goode, Iliman Ndiaye, Daniel Jebbison.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Finley Burns, Ben Cabango, Ryan Manning; Cyrus Christie, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Joel Latibeaudiere; Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Michael Obafemi, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda.

There could be more to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:40 - Feb 19 with 1210 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Feb 19 by Flashberryjack

In the last 4 away games we've conceded 9 goals and scored zero, no goals from set play, and no goals from well over a hundred corners, very worrying indeed.

Our style of play and tactics must be a permanent fixture on the wall of every Championship teams training ground, we are that predictable.

There has been absolutely no improvements in work rate, tactics, style of play and dare I say fitness, in fact we've gone backwards.

I'm sorry, but we must make changes in either our playing style or our manager, and we haven't got time to dither, we must do it now.

This is the first time we have lost 3 consecutive away games without scoring a goal outside the Premier League since 2002.

We have regressed all over the pitch at breakneck speed.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:41 - Feb 19 with 1200 viewsmagicdaps10

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Feb 19 by guthrieintherain

Fair enough it's a football forum and we are allowed to ask questions.

Especially after another awful performance.

👍

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:41 - Feb 19 with 1173 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Feb 19 by STID2017

I find it so sad that after that horror show, certain posters on here are more interested in scoring points or trying to belittle other posters or groups of posters for having a different viewpoint to them.
Tonight I think everyone is of the same opinion that today's performance is unacceptable
Just as RM and his team deserved the praise last Sunday, they all deserve a slating this week.
They didn't become world beaters last week - nor have they become cannon fodder this week.
A little perspective needed

You've done it,Ive done it.Your chums have done it.
It helps us with the pain which we feel mutually.
I dnt give a shyte what you or anyone else think of my views or the fact that I am more perceptive than most on here. It's all abut being your own man and not going with the crowd. The POLL was an indication of just how deeply we were conned with 60% plus "supporting " this deeply devious coach.

We need to accept we have ALL been duped and act accordingly

Get martin out of our club ...

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:42 - Feb 19 with 1180 viewsguthrieintherain

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Feb 19 by STID2017

I find it so sad that after that horror show, certain posters on here are more interested in scoring points or trying to belittle other posters or groups of posters for having a different viewpoint to them.
Tonight I think everyone is of the same opinion that today's performance is unacceptable
Just as RM and his team deserved the praise last Sunday, they all deserve a slating this week.
They didn't become world beaters last week - nor have they become cannon fodder this week.
A little perspective needed

How many times can we put in performances like this Martin is not untouchable.

I have backed him all season but Cooper got pelters from all angles after 2 play off finishes.

Fans are allowed to ask questions today was not acceptable nor was Stoke or Hull.

We are not progressing.

Not saying sack him but he needs to adapt that's what decent managers do.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 23:34]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:45 - Feb 19 with 1156 viewsraynor94

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:42 - Feb 19 by guthrieintherain

I have backed him all season but Cooper got pelters from all angles after 2 play off finishes.

Fans are allowed to ask questions today was not acceptable nor was Stoke or Hull.

We are not progressing.

Good post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:46 - Feb 19 with 1138 viewsAndyCole

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:41 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

You've done it,Ive done it.Your chums have done it.
It helps us with the pain which we feel mutually.
I dnt give a shyte what you or anyone else think of my views or the fact that I am more perceptive than most on here. It's all abut being your own man and not going with the crowd. The POLL was an indication of just how deeply we were conned with 60% plus "supporting " this deeply devious coach.

We need to accept we have ALL been duped and act accordingly

Get martin out of our club ...

This.

Simplz.

Along with the awol, unthinking happy clappers.

Proper Perception. Is a gift, of the few.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:46 - Feb 19 with 1131 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:42 - Feb 19 by guthrieintherain

We are not progressing.

It wont be until we are facing the drop,which is possible.
People told me tat WONT happen;indeed it CAN'T.

It CAN and MIGHT.

Nobody can trust Martin to get us to win a vital game. He is not interested in "winning" per se.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:47 - Feb 19 with 1135 viewsunion_jack

We are not progressing.

But he’s showing absolutely no sign of adapting, that’s the worrying thing.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Feb 19 with 1117 viewsSTID2017

We are not progressing.

Totally agree we need to ask questions about the starting line up, the positions he plays certain players in, why he didn't change it around before or latest at half time.
Also why he cannot see his mistakes ?
Plus one win in the middle of two humiliating defeats is unacceptable.
However he is going nowhere this season IMHO, but as you say he definitely needs to adapt

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:52 - Feb 19 with 1104 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:24 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

Playing a passing game is good if you can pass
We can't.

It's more than just being good at passing.

You need to be exceptional off the ball. Players need to constantly find space and make passes available to their team mates who are under pressure.

It's a coaching issue. Our players just do not do it. It's not down to ability. We've seen managers come in and develop such skills in poor, lower league footballers such as Alan Tate, Garry Monk and many others. Sure, most wont adapt as well as the likes of Leon or Gower, but there's an attainable standard any professional player can reach with good coaching.

Russell Martin has done nothing to suggest he is developing our players to play this style of football effectively.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:59 - Feb 19 with 1063 viewsCatullus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:30 - Feb 19 by KeithHaynes

Call me Brad Maylett 😂

Well if you're Brad then Martin is Frank N Furter and this is a Rocky Horror show!

I have looked at the thread from page 5. I don't know much of the game, I had more important things to worry about today. I looked in to see what was said and it seems another case of a step forward (Bristol) and 2 more steps backwards, or maybe more.

The same mistakes being repeated and Martin has no idea of using different tactics or altering strategy game by game to suit the opponent, it's a one size fits all cluster7uck.

Oh well. Things can only get.....no, hang on, no they could still get worse

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:59 - Feb 19 with 1061 viewsbennytheblue

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:52 - Feb 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You need to be exceptional off the ball. Players need to constantly find space and make passes available to their team mates who are under pressure.

It's a coaching issue. Our players just do not do it. It's not down to ability. We've seen managers come in and develop such skills in poor, lower league footballers such as Alan Tate, Garry Monk and many others. Sure, most wont adapt as well as the likes of Leon or Gower, but there's an attainable standard any professional player can reach with good coaching.

Russell Martin has done nothing to suggest he is developing our players to play this style of football effectively.

Roll on April 3
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Feb 19 with 1060 viewsguthrieintherain

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:46 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

It wont be until we are facing the drop,which is possible.
People told me tat WONT happen;indeed it CAN'T.

It CAN and MIGHT.

Nobody can trust Martin to get us to win a vital game. He is not interested in "winning" per se.

You have had it in for him virtually before a ball was kicked.

The difference between you and many on here myself included is I want what's best for Swanssa City.

All this Martin haters and Martin defenders is nonsense.

Opinions change from game to game.

You are entrenched and just want to be proved right.

That's why you disappear when we win.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Feb 19 with 1054 viewsAndyCole

Way too much deflection posted by the sheeple, already.

It's surely now time for the sheeple to stop simply chewing that cud, and raise their heads.

Look and see and comment intelligently on the reality most rational thinkers have seen for yonks. Already.

That's the thing. The thing that many have filed to grasp.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:02 - Feb 19 with 1045 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:52 - Feb 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I try and make it concise Dwight.

It 'd be better to say we are just shyte

That said, we really shoul ask as to just why we have fallen so quickly so far.WHY.

We were more angry with the Trust being conned or outhought

We are in desperate times and too few understand that.It is utterly down to our owners and their rank decisions . They have an dare costing us. We need somehow to attrack new owners.

Is Swansea that bad.Is Wales such a meaningless dump to too many. Why cannot we attract buyers who can take us out of this hole where we reside.

We are being ripped asunder and don't deserve it.

Our fan base is too decent,too easy going,not demanding enough.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:02 - Feb 19 with 1054 viewsTreforys_Jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:59 - Feb 19 by bennytheblue

Roll on April 3

Ah bless, your cup final.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:04 - Feb 19 with 1045 viewsTreforys_Jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Feb 19 by guthrieintherain

The difference between you and many on here myself included is I want what's best for Swanssa City.

Word perfect.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:06 - Feb 19 with 1027 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:02 - Feb 19 by Treforys_Jack

Ah bless, your cup final.

If it the game that sees them maul us but ees Martin acked then I 'll swallow that.

I think our fans better wake up and quick whilst we are are still in Championhip. Martin will see us relegated.
He will crawl away blaming everyone including the stadium cat but not himself.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Feb 19 with 1014 viewsmax936

Ain't seen the game, been out for a pint for first time in ages so ain't gonna comment, except to say that today held very little expectation for me, although 4-0 is a major arse kicking, at the end of the day we are where we are.

Major changes needed throughout the whole Club.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:11 - Feb 19 with 1001 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Feb 19 by max936

Ain't seen the game, been out for a pint for first time in ages so ain't gonna comment, except to say that today held very little expectation for me, although 4-0 is a major arse kicking, at the end of the day we are where we are.

Major changes needed throughout the whole Club.

Might be getting lab,Ste.
Given up on a Mali

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:12 - Feb 19 with 1001 viewspencoedjack

We are not progressing.

Great post fella.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:13 - Feb 19 with 992 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Feb 19 by guthrieintherain

Good post

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:15 - Feb 19 with 977 viewsmax936

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Feb 19 by AndyCole

Way too much deflection posted by the sheeple, already.

It's surely now time for the sheeple to stop simply chewing that cud, and raise their heads.

Look and see and comment intelligently on the reality most rational thinkers have seen for yonks. Already.

That's the thing. The thing that many have filed to grasp.

Lets have some answers than from you. you quick to deride others, so you must have all the answers, time to step up and give us your solutions
1-5, 1-10 You chose

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:16 - Feb 19 with 960 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:13 - Feb 19 by builthjack

Good post

You like what is going on then fine but dont expect all to post lies like you do.

Fans are worroed and pyssed off

You are but wont admit it,refering to wave your kock a a super fan.

Dont tell me,you go to every game and hate armchair fans.

You didnt go today

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:19 - Feb 19 with 941 viewsTreforys_Jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:12 - Feb 19 by pencoedjack

Great post fella.

It is, but Martin seems incapable / unwilling to change or adapt, and that's a big worry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024