Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rail seating feedback 13:28 - Dec 20 with 3980 viewsdmm

I expect many will have received an email from the club today asking for further feedback from supporters on rail seating. It looks like the lower Loft is being seriously considered now. Given the upset it will cause among those currently seated there and those who were moved when it was changed to the family stand, I think the club wants to see the level of support they have if it was decided to go ahead with that plan.
Rail seating feedback on 13:33 - Dec 20 with 3161 viewsToast_R

Whether this will be the same or not I don't know but I went to AFC Wimbledon v Wigan back in October and they have rail seating in the home end behind the goal. We stood up the whole game but you can also sit down if you choose to. The way their ground is built, each row of seats is sufficiently high enough from each other that if your seated behind someone who is standing, it doesn't impair your view.
Rail seating feedback on 13:41 - Dec 20 with 3131 viewsterryb

If the Lower Loft is the answer I assume that other areas of the ground will allow children to have seats at the discounted prices. That is not available at present.

I never understood why the club took this action & created a family stand.
Rail seating feedback on 14:13 - Dec 20 with 3052 viewsPinnerPaul

Rail seating feedback on 13:33 - Dec 20 by Toast_R

Whether this will be the same or not I don't know but I went to AFC Wimbledon v Wigan back in October and they have rail seating in the home end behind the goal. We stood up the whole game but you can also sit down if you choose to. The way their ground is built, each row of seats is sufficiently high enough from each other that if your seated behind someone who is standing, it doesn't impair your view.

That's interesting, just assumed if someone was standing in front of you - you would have to as well.
Rail seating feedback on 14:38 - Dec 20 with 2990 viewsstowmarketrange

Rail seating feedback on 14:13 - Dec 20 by PinnerPaul

That's interesting, just assumed if someone was standing in front of you - you would have to as well.

I think you will have to for our rail seating,assuming it goes in the lower loft.We are in the front row of ML so I might get everyone to stand up in NL and LL to see if our view is blocked if people stand for the whole game.A lot of people in the lower loft stand up at corners and things now so I don’t think it would change much.
Rail seating feedback on 14:43 - Dec 20 with 2969 viewsEsgaroth

If you want to create atmosphere without upsetting people then surely you should just use your eyes and see who is standing up during the games NOW.

Its bloody obvious who stands so just put those areas into safe standing, job done

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Rail seating feedback on 16:14 - Dec 20 with 2826 viewsParkRoyalR

I just hope our fans see the bigger picture here and put the club before their own self-interest.

The club is being baled out by our owners to the tune of a £ 1m+ per month.

If this helps the owners fill the stadium and reduce their losses, I would hope all fans would be supportive, regardless where they have sat for how long and with whom.

Sentiment is great but if we want the younger generation to enjoy football as we did, and continue to have very reasonable season tickets prices, I would hope every Rangers fan would be supportive of this much needed initiative.
Rail seating feedback on 17:23 - Dec 20 with 2699 viewsdaveB

Rail seating feedback on 13:41 - Dec 20 by terryb

If the Lower Loft is the answer I assume that other areas of the ground will allow children to have seats at the discounted prices. That is not available at present.

I never understood why the club took this action & created a family stand.

The club have had a family stand going back to the 80s. Used to be Upper Loft, was ellerslie for a bit then the Lower loft became the family stand back in the 2000's before they change how the tickets were done (that's the real issue which still hasn't been sorted) in 2013.
Rail seating feedback on 17:25 - Dec 20 with 2692 viewsdaveB

Rail seating feedback on 16:14 - Dec 20 by ParkRoyalR

I just hope our fans see the bigger picture here and put the club before their own self-interest.

The club is being baled out by our owners to the tune of a £ 1m+ per month.

If this helps the owners fill the stadium and reduce their losses, I would hope all fans would be supportive, regardless where they have sat for how long and with whom.

Sentiment is great but if we want the younger generation to enjoy football as we did, and continue to have very reasonable season tickets prices, I would hope every Rangers fan would be supportive of this much needed initiative.

surely these younger fans who want safe standing are already going to games, moving them from more expensive areas into cheaper seats is not going to make the club any money, that's not the purpose of this.
Login to get fewer ads

Rail seating feedback on 18:00 - Dec 20 with 2628 viewsNortholt_Rs

Rail seating feedback on 14:43 - Dec 20 by Esgaroth

If you want to create atmosphere without upsetting people then surely you should just use your eyes and see who is standing up during the games NOW.

Its bloody obvious who stands so just put those areas into safe standing, job done

The voice of reason. Makes perfect sense to me.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Rail seating feedback on 18:20 - Dec 20 with 2590 viewsjoe90

Hate to be a grinch but I’m not for having rail seating in the lower loft. People already stand in R block so why not have it there? Why even put in the rail seats if people already stand?

I’m really not about trying to artificially stimulate the atmosphere. I can’t stand the Palace ultras and the uniform fan culture you get from away supporters. I like the genuine passion of the fans that sit around me. They might not be singing for 90 mins but when we score I know the celebrations are genuine and not for the benefit of anyone else. I wouldn’t change that so some day tripper has something to film for their Twitter.
Rail seating feedback on 18:20 - Dec 20 with 2588 viewsdaveB

I haven't had an email despite being a st holder in the lower loft so guessing it's gone out to a random selection

The easiest way to sort this is to email every season ticket holder regardless of where they sit asking them if there was safe standing in the lower loft would they want to go there. That way you know numbers and have a good idea of where those who want to change seats are and what sort of space that would leave for any family stand going forward. Possibly move it to ellerslie with access to the lower loft facilities. You'd also know which st holders currently in the lower loft would want to stay and which would want to move.

I don't really understand why they haven't done this and instead just seem to be picking out a selection of fans to answer questions.
Rail seating feedback on 18:26 - Dec 20 with 2568 viewsdaveB

Rail seating feedback on 18:20 - Dec 20 by joe90

Hate to be a grinch but I’m not for having rail seating in the lower loft. People already stand in R block so why not have it there? Why even put in the rail seats if people already stand?

I’m really not about trying to artificially stimulate the atmosphere. I can’t stand the Palace ultras and the uniform fan culture you get from away supporters. I like the genuine passion of the fans that sit around me. They might not be singing for 90 mins but when we score I know the celebrations are genuine and not for the benefit of anyone else. I wouldn’t change that so some day tripper has something to film for their Twitter.

That's the aim of this to have an ultras style fanbase behind the goal with flags, singing etc. It's not for me either to be honest but I'm in a minority for that so will have to find new seats
Rail seating feedback on 19:03 - Dec 20 with 2487 viewsStanisgod

Rail seating feedback on 18:20 - Dec 20 by daveB

I haven't had an email despite being a st holder in the lower loft so guessing it's gone out to a random selection

The easiest way to sort this is to email every season ticket holder regardless of where they sit asking them if there was safe standing in the lower loft would they want to go there. That way you know numbers and have a good idea of where those who want to change seats are and what sort of space that would leave for any family stand going forward. Possibly move it to ellerslie with access to the lower loft facilities. You'd also know which st holders currently in the lower loft would want to stay and which would want to move.

I don't really understand why they haven't done this and instead just seem to be picking out a selection of fans to answer questions.

Spot on.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Rail seating feedback on 19:33 - Dec 20 with 2436 viewsstowmarketrange

Did you fill out the original survey about rail seating?It seems to be a follow up email to fans in the lower loft who did the first one,mainly because people chose the lower loft as the ideal place for rail seating.
Rail seating feedback on 19:59 - Dec 20 with 2382 viewsLanhoop

Rail seating feedback on 19:33 - Dec 20 by stowmarketrange

Did you fill out the original survey about rail seating?It seems to be a follow up email to fans in the lower loft who did the first one,mainly because people chose the lower loft as the ideal place for rail seating.

I'm lower loft, did the first survey and haven't had this follow up so probably not that.
Rail seating feedback on 20:09 - Dec 20 with 2354 viewsCabdriveR

I’m in the lower loft and the email was sent to my junk email if that helps.
Rail seating feedback on 20:56 - Dec 20 with 2271 viewsdaveB

Rail seating feedback on 19:33 - Dec 20 by stowmarketrange

yea i did the original one
Rail seating feedback on 21:07 - Dec 20 with 2241 viewsstowmarketrange

Rail seating feedback on 20:56 - Dec 20 by daveB

yea i did the original one

Ok.Strange that not all of us got the email then.
Rail seating feedback on 21:25 - Dec 20 with 2202 viewsLythamR

I sit in LU and got the email this morning

I liked the questions, I do think people already sat in lower loft should have first dibs and that supporters previously moved out from lower loft should have priority on returning, I also think anyone who has to move out to accommodate the rail seats should be compensated with a discount for the new season
Rail seating feedback on 21:34 - Dec 20 with 2192 viewsqpr_1968

Rail seating feedback on 14:43 - Dec 20 by Esgaroth

theres your answer......simple

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Rail seating feedback on 08:19 - Dec 21 with 1971 viewsPikey

Check your junk mail that's where mine appeared. I thought it was a pretty good survey.
If they are looking for an ultras area in lower loft those big flags will need very short poles.
Rail seating feedback on 08:29 - Dec 21 with 1954 viewsstowmarketrange

Rail seating feedback on 08:19 - Dec 21 by Pikey

Check your junk mail that's where mine appeared. I thought it was a pretty good survey.
If they are looking for an ultras area in lower loft those big flags will need very short poles.

Pavel was quite short wasn’t he?
Rail seating feedback on 17:13 - Dec 21 with 1722 viewslondonscottish

I've got ST's in the Lower Loft and got the email.

I replied saying that I personally am in full support. I'm old enough to think that sitting down during a game is a bit odd and that standing is far more normal.

I don't mind getting moved to make it work.

My previous ST's were up the back of the Upper Loft and they were great because the vast majority of the people in the rear two rows stood up anyway so I wasn't always looking over my shoulder in case I was blocking someone's view.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rail seating feedback on 18:00 - Dec 21 with 1630 viewsLanhoop

Still no email and not in junk so it's not gone to everyone, at least not yet.

I've really no problem if they want to do it in LL (as long as my moving out is done considerately) but I think the assumption that rail seats will improve the atmosphere is a bit previous. Happy to be proved wrong but I don't expect to be.
Rail seating feedback on 18:14 - Dec 21 with 1608 viewsRangersw12

I'm happy with the rail seating but I don't want a manufactured atmosphere like at Palace with banners and flags etc

There also seems to a bit of a myth that the lower loft used to be bouncing before it was a family stand but from what I remember it was only decent when we had a big game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024