Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Euro 2020 Final experience @ Wembley 12:32 - Jul 15 with 10457 viewsthame_hoops

Not sure if anyone else here went but thought id share my experience on what was one of my worst experiences at a sports event ever.

Got a call from a mate (who know someone at the FA) that they had a spare ticket £85, whilst I was at the Wimbledon men's final. took him up on the offer, as soon as Djokovic won, I headed to Wembley.

On the way to the tennis (left princes Risborough 11am) the train was full of England fans, all in good humour, no trouble, good atmosphere on the tube to Southfields etc.

On route to Wembley, the mood had changed completely. Drunken idiots hurling abuse at women and children on the jubilee line, never seen anything like it. Got to Wembley around 6:30pm and it was rammed solid, shoulder to shoulder, people pushing, barging their way though. fights amongst fans, children crying. it was horrific. Stewards checking your covid pass and tickets at the first hurdle before you were let up the gangways (outside the stadium and no phone signal to open the app so screenshots had to do)
England fans threatening stewards to let them past, and it worked. I saw one guy telling a young steward "if you dont let me though I'll F*** you up with a knife" the poor kid was terrified. I saw grown men giving cash to stewards to be let them through this first hurdle as well as people storming through in groups (you would have all seen the videos)

Got my ticket scanned with some weird pen on the QR code and let in, the guy said "its nice to see someone with a ticket) and went through airport style security.

Once inside the ground on level 1 it was carnage. Fighting, stewards chasing people, people who i assume had tickets were stickling out legs to try and trip over people who were running, children in tears again. i saw 3 stewards on top of a fan who'd fallen over, they started to kick the sh*t out of him while he was on the floor. other fans joined in.

In the toilets i saw a man try pick a fight with a guy who had his 8yr old kid with him. Staff at the merchandise stalls we saying there are literally hundreds of fans without tickets (5k was later confirmed in the media), one guy opened up a fire escape for the them to rush in. We heard of stewards taking £200 cash from people to admit them straight in. I hope the police go back and check cctv to catch the b*stards.

Once we got to to our seats, right behind the goal, block 113, I noticed the gangways were filling up of people standing, stewards all stood around them not moving them on, it was obvious they didn't have tickets. what stuck me was there was very little police present, I have seen more on south Africa road for a game vs Preston.

The atmosphere was completely toxic throughout, i couldn't enjoy the game with this distraction and worrying how id get out, i have never seen anything like it in my life and it has put me off ever going to an England game again.

At the end of the game, the Italian players ran to our corner to celebrate and it caused a surge in idiots running down to try confront them. i saw bottles thrown, lighters, mobile phones, whatever they could get was thrown. a man climbed up and started ripping down a TV microphone, the lady along from my was scared rigid (she works for the FA and was still very upset this morning according to my mate)

We stayed in seats for a while to let the crowds disperse, in the foyer was a Leicester fan really upset that he wasn't allowed to collect his flag, he said it cost £500 and the stewards started to man-handle him (after he was getting aggressive) while 2 police stood and watched.

Just wanted to air my experience, sorry to go on, i think this has really dented our chances for 2030.

My Euro 2020 Final experience @ Wembley on 19:50 - Jul 16 with 986 viewsbollockchops

six of us got the train at 11.18am from CMK which was rammers,now you would of thourght that with a major event going on, the train would stop at Wembley it being in the middle of a major pandemic an all but no we had to go all the way to Euston and spread our love ! .one of our party had paid a grand and a half for a ticket the rest of us just went for a jolly !
On that train it was announced that the last train back was cancelled so if the game went into xtra time there would be no time to clap and savour the moment as youd have to race back to the station so for a city that professes to be 24hrs this is substandard !
As for empty cans and bottles on Wembley Way i remember when Glasgow Rangers played St Petersburg in Manchester about ten years ago it was like the day after a battle with people crapping in copies of the metro piss everywhere cans and bottles everywhere but i dont remember the press having a w--kfest over that...
we ended up pissing down some alley as lack off public toilets seems to be a problem for a little town like Wembley ,
One bar wanted 25 notes each for us to watch the game which is pretty similar to a QPR friendly being 20 notes
in summary we all had a great day however i didnt see one copper at CMK,Euston or Wembley high st or the bits connecting to Wembley way,it seems everyone wants the final at Wembley but the infastructure is substandard,trains,toilets,policing,but Euro 2020 had to go ahead didnt it ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024