Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
warburton rumour 15:36 - Mar 30 with 7078 viewsLowerloftLad

just read that aidy boothroyd is under pressure in his role as the England under 21 and that mark warburton is one of the possible candidates for the job.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

warburton rumour on 23:24 - Mar 30 with 1811 viewsDannyPaddox

warburton rumour on 17:59 - Mar 30 by CamberleyR

Frank Lampard's England U-21s

”Frank Lampard’s England Under Twenty-Ones“

[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 23:28]
warburton rumour on 00:36 - Mar 31 with 1730 viewsCiderwithRsie

warburton rumour on 23:24 - Mar 30 by DannyPaddox

”Frank Lampard’s England Under Twenty-Ones“

[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 23:28]

Bonus point for getting as photo of a QPR supporter in there
warburton rumour on 09:40 - Mar 31 with 1603 viewsAntti_Heinola

warburton rumour on 17:00 - Mar 30 by WestbourneR

I think Warburton would be a good fit for the role and, unlike most of you, I can easily believe the rumour.

Ramsey isn't a manager.

Agree totally and was about to post the same thing.
Ramsey has been in the England set up before of course, and could see him going back in some kind of over-arching role, but not as U21 manager. It is, sadly, perfect for Warbs - and a very decent call for England.

Eddie Howe? Laughable. Maybe if he had another job to do alongside it, but it's not a job he's going to take on, unless it was leading to the main job within 18 months.

Bare bones.

warburton rumour on 09:45 - Mar 31 with 1591 viewsAntti_Heinola

warburton rumour on 17:09 - Mar 30 by DannyPaddox

I say this from my own observation and without any inside knowledge - people inside the England set-up of limited ability who climb up the greasy pole to be England manager are either schemers (Howard Wilkinson) or squeaky-clean yes-men (Gareth Southgate). Boothroyd is of shockingly limited ability. If Chris Ramsey was to take his place could he feasibility do both jobs - QPR and England?

I wonder where this thing about Southgate being a 'yes-man' has come from?

Anything you read about him in his career as a player showed he was frquently outspoken and thought deeply about the game and was prepared to disagree with managers. As England manager, which has been forgotten, he's overseen some hugely dramatic changes in the make up of the squad. When he's spoken about difficult or controversial issues he's done it with sense and often bravery, where others might have flat-batted a response.

Just because he's polite and well-mannered, doesn't make him a yes man.

Bare bones.

warburton rumour on 10:28 - Mar 31 with 1534 viewsDorse

warburton rumour on 09:45 - Mar 31 by Antti_Heinola

Anything you read about him in his career as a player showed he was frquently outspoken and thought deeply about the game and was prepared to disagree with managers. As England manager, which has been forgotten, he's overseen some hugely dramatic changes in the make up of the squad. When he's spoken about difficult or controversial issues he's done it with sense and often bravery, where others might have flat-batted a response.

It's the waist coat. You rarely see cold hearted pragmatists with thousand-yard stares wearing waist coats.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

warburton rumour on 11:29 - Mar 31 with 1486 viewsW7Ranger

warburton rumour on 10:28 - Mar 31 by Dorse

It's the waist coat. You rarely see cold hearted pragmatists with thousand-yard stares wearing waist coats.

Exactly.

And I want a successful England manager. Someone that sniffs there bum fingers.

warburton rumour on 11:34 - Mar 31 with 1474 viewsdaveB

It's come from him being English and working with the under 21's before getting the job so for some they would see him as a yes man which is quite clearly nonsense.

It's quickly forgotten how when he took over how many senior players he binned off quickly including Rooney and changed the mindset of the squad.
warburton rumour on 11:37 - Mar 31 with 1468 viewsMaggsinho

warburton rumour on 11:34 - Mar 31 by daveB

It's come from him being English and working with the under 21's before getting the job so for some they would see him as a yes man which is quite clearly nonsense.

It's quickly forgotten how when he took over how many senior players he binned off quickly including Rooney and changed the mindset of the squad.

Yeah I think what he's done is taken for granted a little. We're a pint of wine away from Allardyce leading us into the Euros.
Login to get fewer ads

warburton rumour on 11:43 - Mar 31 with 1455 viewsDannyPaddox

Fair enough. Good points. Although I’m still not entirely convinced. My assertion is probably based on a 1990s pizza advert, his dress sense (not the waistcoat but the cobalt-blue skinny suit - the mark of the corporate go-ahead yes-man) and the fact he didn’t have the balls to drop a clearly unfit Kane for an unfashionable Vardy in the World Cup Semi-Final.
warburton rumour on 11:51 - Mar 31 with 1437 viewsMrSheen

I can see what he's trying to do. Winners accessorize, and some traditional options are no longer available.

Incidentally, Menotti is still going at 82. When he dies, his lungs should either be donated to science, or used to resurface a motorway. Or was he ultra-low tar all along?
warburton rumour on 12:24 - Mar 31 with 1355 viewsCiderwithRsie

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbamfstyle.com%2F2013%2F10%
warburton rumour on 17:14 - Mar 31 with 1232 viewsNorthLondonR

warburton rumour on 16:39 - Mar 30 by Maggsinho

Yep, came on as a sub and was then sent off, we lost 3-0 at home to Stockport in our last game before relegation.

What a miserable day that was.

I remember that game well, I think it was literally his first involvement when he went steaming into a challenge. A few years later, a girl I used to work with was going out with Justin at the time (think he was playing for Woking or someone at the time so I had a chat with him about Rangers around 2006/7 time. He was a nice enough fella and was absolutely gutted about his sending off and reckoned it put him back about 2 years in his development. She subsequently finished with him a week later! Incidentally the same girl, though not exactly a WAG type subsequently dated Nigel Reo-Coker who she later finished with as he spent most of his time on his PlayStation..... anyway he struck me as being quite an intelligent so and so, so no surprise he is now a well regarded coach, albeit letting my former colleague go was not the wisest decision, she was very pleasing on the eye...
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 17:14]
warburton rumour on 18:36 - Mar 31 with 1168 viewsAntti_Heinola

warburton rumour on 11:43 - Mar 31 by DannyPaddox

Fair enough. Good points. Although I’m still not entirely convinced. My assertion is probably based on a 1990s pizza advert, his dress sense (not the waistcoat but the cobalt-blue skinny suit - the mark of the corporate go-ahead yes-man) and the fact he didn’t have the balls to drop a clearly unfit Kane for an unfashionable Vardy in the World Cup Semi-Final.

Good points. But I'm not sure there are many managers on earth who'd have the balls to drop the man about to win the Golden Boot at the World Cup for a semi final.
Don't think it had anything to do with Vardy being unfashionable either.

Re: the pizza advert. Even there he was super diligent. Was so nervous he kept messing up his lines and was there for hours after Pearce and Waddler had left because he wanted to get it right. Lovely guy.

Decent manager.

Bare bones.

warburton rumour on 18:48 - Mar 31 with 1155 viewsDavieQPR

It's going to be a difficult choice. He can't be too good as to show up the other England Managers but must be better than the present incumbent. Also to possess the ability to say 'Yes' regardless of what they think. Someone not likely to get a job anywhere else.
warburton rumour on 20:23 - Mar 31 with 1091 viewsTGRRRSSS

It might suit Howe actually, he seems happy on the south coast, and this way he could be based there by and large rather than a club where he'd have to spend the majority of his time based nearby, he's hardly looked like he's chomping at the bit for another managerial club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024