Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome 19:17 - Jul 23 with 30291 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52685

This post has been edited by an administrator
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:41 - Jul 25 with 1779 viewsted_hendrix

I'm in.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:03 - Jul 25 with 1743 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Great report as ever. This site is amazing and is as “Rangers” as Stanley, Rodney, AKUTRS, plastic pitch, the bush etc etc so would be more than happy to pay a subscription. I don’t think any extra content is needed as it’s world class already but like the idea of the return of the awaydays feature. Keep up the great work pal!!
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:11 - Jul 25 with 1728 viewsWigRanger

This is far to valuable to lose....wouldn't mind contributing each month to keep it going.....👊👍 keep up the good work mate👏
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:36 - Jul 25 with 1703 viewstraininvain

I’d happily sign up for a subscription for match reports alone let alone any new content.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:42 - Jul 25 with 1694 viewsngbqpr

I'm in.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:52 - Jul 25 with 1678 viewsMaggsinho

Count me in, too important and too enjoyable to risk losing.

Agree with a lot of what’s been said, a Patreon model would seem to be the way forward. I don’t think you should take on even more work, eg trying to record and edit an on the whistle podcast but monetise the existing model, eg the book, exclusive or early to release content would be good.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 13:01 - Jul 25 with 1669 viewsdezzar

I would be happy to pay monthly for this site as it is now, and would also pay for books of match reports etc.
This site is too important to lose, especially when you can only get to a limited number of games
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 13:05 - Jul 25 with 1667 viewsParkRoyalR

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 08:38 - Jul 24 by Northernr

I am examining options for next season, haven't seen a penny since March and that's not sustainable, particularly when travelling to matches comes back.

So far we're thinking of an option for people to donate, or sign up to chip in a bit each month - very Guardian I know but we can't put stuff behind a pay wall on this platform.

Or a Patreon with a post game podcast, recorded in the pub or on the train after the match. You wouldn't actually have to listen to it, but if as many people signed up to the Patreon as possible then that would cover our costs, and there'd also be some extra bonus material in the form of the podcast as a 'reward'. I'd have to perfect audio editing, and we're a bit worried that the last thing the world needs is another podcast, but yeh that was one idea we had.

Would be interested to hear people's thoughts...

This post has been edited by an administrator

I could provide company sponsorship / donation / annual subscription as per Boston's offer - non techie but if anyone of the LfW team contacts me directly I will organise transfer by return - get to a lot of games but think what you guys provide to fans who for many reasons can't get to games is similar to what our club now does in the community - best in class.
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 13:16 - Jul 25 with 1639 viewsLblock

You could sell LFW embossed plastic mattress sheets..... they’d fly out the door from about February onwards as us bed wetters calculate just how close to relegation we are

No idea how many active members you have here but there’s surely enough for a decent multiplier to make it worthwhile???
Good luck

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 13:30 - Jul 25 with 1621 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Bit worrying re Patreon

https://www.prweek.com/article/1690147/content-platform-patreon-hires-berk-us-ag

On serious point, while I know you are a contributor to AKUTR's, is there a danger of treading on each others toes. Alternatively is there a potential synergy in working (in some way) together?
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 13:36 - Jul 25 with 1609 viewsNoelmc

The thought of this website disappearing would be like losing the Crown pre-match or the club moving to a faceless bowl of a new stadium outside London. I’m sure I’d still go to the games, but it would never be the same!

Over some seasons it’s been the quality of Clive’s writing aided by the camaraderie on this forum that’s kept my interest in the Club high, even when many players on the pitch have not cared and the owners have made poor decisions that harmed the R’s.

In line with most posters, I’m keen to help out in any way I can to ensure the future of the site and keep our ‘Eze’ on board. I’m happy to do donations or subscription and would suggest that further content is not necessary. However, if Clive wanted to provide an enhanced offering to anyone who contributes, perhaps some of the interactive features, such as ratings and the prediction league could be ‘subscriber only’.

BTW if you ever do that book Clive, be sure to include your Play-off final match report as it’s my all-time favourite piece of writing, bar none.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 13:48 - Jul 25 with 1590 viewsbillericaydicky

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 20:33 - Jul 24 by MCSHABBY

Hi Clive ,

I too would be happy to pay a monthly subscription , as I said many times , we are so lucky to have the brilliant coverage you provide , there are games in previous seasons when your previews and reports have been the highlight of the match .

Long may your brilliant work in this parish continue

I agree entirely and would be happy to chip in/subscribe.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 14:10 - Jul 25 with 1550 viewsMistication92

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 22:40 - Jul 24 by HanwellHoopster

Book of classic reports would be bloody brilliant. I'd love to buy that for my old man and a few friends. And myself of course.

This definitely. I'm planning on getting my dad an AKUTRs subscription for his birthday, but I'd definitely buy a greatest collection of LFW articles as an Xmas present, plus one for myself!
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 14:17 - Jul 25 with 1535 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Sorry this might be a Spackman.

I like the new logo! 😆

Poll: Expectations for this season?

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 14:23 - Jul 25 with 1520 viewsMyke

I suppose, having read seven pages of comments on this thread, the only word of caution I would offer to Clive and all his team, is to not turn it into some kind of exclusive gentlemans club that would be out of the financial reach of some. What has struck me, and which I can concur with, is the connectivity that the site provides. I wouldn't go so far to say in my case that it is necessary for my positive mental health, but for some it may well be a form of support group that creates a very real sense of belonging and community. A few years ago, I wrote a thesis on the topic of whether communities were dying out. I argued that traditional communities - knowing who your neighbours were - may well be on the wane (although, over here at least, covid 19 has debunked that idea too ) - but new types of communities, often on line, have been created by like-minded people gathering together to share (and argue) their view points.
For this reason, I believe there should be no minimum or maximum monthly subscription, rather an on-line donation where you pay what you can, or not at all as the case may be. Even from month to month a person's income can flux and change and that can be reflected by the size of the donation. That way, we all remain equal and connected and no one is any the wiser on the size of te donations. If you feel the need to reward the higher donors or those that provide sponsorship revenues through their businesses, then you can do so anonymously, in the format of corporate seats or meet and greet sessions etc .
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 14:25 - Jul 25 with 1511 viewsNorthernr

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 14:23 - Jul 25 by Myke

I suppose, having read seven pages of comments on this thread, the only word of caution I would offer to Clive and all his team, is to not turn it into some kind of exclusive gentlemans club that would be out of the financial reach of some. What has struck me, and which I can concur with, is the connectivity that the site provides. I wouldn't go so far to say in my case that it is necessary for my positive mental health, but for some it may well be a form of support group that creates a very real sense of belonging and community. A few years ago, I wrote a thesis on the topic of whether communities were dying out. I argued that traditional communities - knowing who your neighbours were - may well be on the wane (although, over here at least, covid 19 has debunked that idea too ) - but new types of communities, often on line, have been created by like-minded people gathering together to share (and argue) their view points.
For this reason, I believe there should be no minimum or maximum monthly subscription, rather an on-line donation where you pay what you can, or not at all as the case may be. Even from month to month a person's income can flux and change and that can be reflected by the size of the donation. That way, we all remain equal and connected and no one is any the wiser on the size of te donations. If you feel the need to reward the higher donors or those that provide sponsorship revenues through their businesses, then you can do so anonymously, in the format of corporate seats or meet and greet sessions etc .

Absolutely agree.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 15:09 - Jul 25 with 1437 viewsdsw2509

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 14:25 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Absolutely agree.

I also agree with everything said above. As a former season ticket holder I have relied on this site for a literate (and extremly funny) report on what is happening now. As far as I am concerned you should be the FA Chairman. I will be happy to contribute, just to go on reading the reports and the previews. You could establish a gofundme or similar and I will put something in it every so often.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 15:38 - Jul 25 with 1395 viewsParkRoyalR

As well as seasonal sponsorships, some companies + individuals might be up for a match day sponsorship, particularly Blackburn on a Tuesday night as that's a difficult one to get to in terms of time + cash for most. Plus might keep site free to access for those who can't contribute at the time.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 15:59 - Jul 25 with 1356 viewsPT17

Rarely post but avid reader, having had to relinquish my ST after many years financial circumstances and in the process of relocating to Yorkshire this is my go to site, the knowledge and community that LFW has is incredible. Even through my change of circumstances I would be more than happy to make a contribution monthly like others with little change in content etc. Superb
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 16:04 - Jul 25 with 1350 viewsAntti_Heinola

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 14:23 - Jul 25 by Myke

Oh dear God, no, sir, no, no and thrice and frice no. The higher the cost, the more likely we can keep the riff-raff out, what? I hazard many on here would not understand at all our traditions about pig's mouths and such, eh? Rather!

Bare bones.

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 16:19 - Jul 25 with 1330 viewsgobbles

I'd be happy to pay. Also, I'd like to commend Clive for his professionalism in light of the lack of pay.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 16:33 - Jul 25 with 1304 viewskarl

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 16:19 - Jul 25 by gobbles

I'd be happy to pay. Also, I'd like to commend Clive for his professionalism in light of the lack of pay.

Agree with that. His quality of writing has quite rightly been praised but the fact its been done recently in such circumstances is commendable.
I have actually detected a softer side to his character recently, hopefully all this praise knocks that out of him and grumpy Clive is back in full swing😂
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 16:41 - Jul 25 with 1291 viewsstevec

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:51 - Jul 25 by karl

One thought I have had.
Although I, and most others, don't need any extras it may be worth bearing in mind for future growth of the subscription members that there is something separate for them to encourage the next generation of casual reader to decide that it is worth a modest payment.
We realise we have a great product we don't want to lose but these future subscribers need to feel there is extra value in making a payment. Clive can't put out an alarm call every couple of years to frighten us into action.
Hide Wokings Friday collection behind a pay wall perhaps...

Good advice, it’s one thing fans committing early days but that could drop off in time .

Anyone heard of a football game ‘last man standing’ ? Generally the whole pot goes to the winner but given we’re all in this together, reckon everyone would be happy if LFW took a percentage, I don’t know, say 25 or 33%, winner(s) get all or share of the remaining 67 or 75%.

Game is normally a tenner per person and a lot of fun for that amount, runs usually 9-10 games till it’s won. If you got 100 of us playing at a tenner each, that’d raise £1000, £250 to £330 for LFW and £670 to £750 for the fan who wins. I reckon you’d get 100 fans involved at least over time, game I’m in at mo, amongst friends and acquaintances, has 160 in it !

As game lasts 2 months approx that should help LFW and something extra for fans to be involved collectively.

I’ll keep it brief but you choose one team to win but you can’t choose that team again. Usually run using the Premier League but no reason why the Championship can’t be used.

If it supplements subscription, might keep subscription down for those struggling to afford subs charge over the long term.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 16:49 - Jul 25 with 1281 viewsMiss_Terraces

Count me in, it's payback time. This is not a charity, this is money we owe you

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 17:02 - Jul 25 with 1249 viewsA40Bosh

I cannot think of many websites that I have continued to visit for over 10 years and would consider paying to access (yes including those websites!) when not buying a product, but when I saw the comments on here about a donation based subscription for LFW then I would have to say that I would certainly pay a monthly fee if it helped Clive toward the cost of running the show.

I have to say that I am a creature of habit and during the season, my post roast dinner, red wine and a cheeky Jameson Sunday evening ritual is never fully complete until I take to the bed, log on to LFW and hope that the latest match report is posted before sleep time! Regardless of whether or not I have been to the game that weekend, the report is always a must read to finish off the weekend.

So fully support any changes to the set up here in whatever form it takes.

As I already pay for a season ticket and QPR+ and Sky/BT Sports, unfortunately Mr McCarthy's real time, in game updates must remain a non-salaried position at the moment, but we can maybe look at that later!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024