Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter combusting... 14:15 - Feb 29 with 7288 viewsThrasher6

Hasn't won a game this year.....and only 1 win in the last 13 matches. Happy days....love him to get the tin tack...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Potter combusting... on 20:26 - Mar 1 with 1853 viewsswanforthemoney

He’s a decent manager. Brighton were very toothless under hughton last season too. That’s why they nearly went down. As we know all too well finding top quality forwards for the type of money Brighton has is difficult.

I stand in the North Stand

Potter combusting... on 21:10 - Mar 1 with 1815 viewsPentyrchJack

My relegation prediction is Norwich, Villa & Brighton.

Brighton's current predicament with give Potter something to suck on.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Potter combusting... on 21:55 - Mar 1 with 1774 viewspencoedjack

Potter combusting... on 21:10 - Mar 1 by PentyrchJack

My relegation prediction is Norwich, Villa & Brighton.

Brighton's current predicament with give Potter something to suck on.

Norwich Bournemouth & Brighton for me.

Potters not as good as most think.
Potter combusting... on 22:00 - Mar 1 with 1766 viewsunion_jack

Norwich, Villa, Bournemouth

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Potter combusting... on 08:16 - Mar 2 with 1641 viewsSwansea93

Brighton have got a tough run in.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Potter combusting... on 10:44 - Mar 2 with 1544 viewsKGriz16

Potter combusting... on 14:32 - Feb 29 by MrSwerve

If he got sacked there would be many people wanting him back here to replace Cooper.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 14:32]

Exactly!
Potter combusting... on 10:51 - Mar 2 with 1536 viewsjasper_T

I'd have him back provided he doesn't get to choose our goalkeeper.
Potter combusting... on 10:52 - Mar 2 with 1532 viewsOldjack

Potter combusting... on 10:44 - Mar 2 by KGriz16

Exactly!

it's a massive leap up the the prem for both managers and players ,a lot are just not cut out for it .I'd have him back here

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Potter combusting... on 11:34 - Mar 2 with 1503 viewsKGriz16

Potter combusting... on 10:52 - Mar 2 by Oldjack

it's a massive leap up the the prem for both managers and players ,a lot are just not cut out for it .I'd have him back here

Brighton are shite, no better than our squad.
Potter combusting... on 12:05 - Mar 2 with 1489 viewsOldjack

Potter combusting... on 11:34 - Mar 2 by KGriz16

the point i made seems to have gone right over your head ,sonny

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Potter combusting... on 12:47 - Mar 2 with 1451 viewsKGriz16

Potter combusting... on 12:05 - Mar 2 by Oldjack

the point i made seems to have gone right over your head ,sonny

Potter has managed in Europe, sonny. Beat Arsenal. Of course he's cut out for the Premier League.
Potter combusting... on 12:51 - Mar 2 with 1442 viewsOldjack

Potter combusting... on 12:47 - Mar 2 by KGriz16

Potter has managed in Europe, sonny. Beat Arsenal. Of course he's cut out for the Premier League.

beat the gunners ......... whooooooooooo . Judging were Brighton are in the Prem it seems not, Sonny

Potter combusting... on 14:29 - Mar 2 with 1368 viewsKGriz16

Potter combusting... on 12:51 - Mar 2 by Oldjack

beat the gunners ......... whooooooooooo . Judging were Brighton are in the Prem it seems not, Sonny

You take Ostersunds to Europe then and see how you do.
Potter combusting... on 14:49 - Mar 2 with 1347 viewsJacket

Potter combusting... on 14:29 - Mar 2 by KGriz16

You take Ostersunds to Europe then and see how you do.

The old you couldn't do any better so shurrup arguement. We might as well all pack it in then. None of us have played or managed to a Championship level, so all our opinions have become invalid. Close the forum down, and close all the newspapers and websites down unless their contributors have played competently to a Championship standard.
Potter combusting... on 22:15 - Mar 2 with 1224 viewsjackrabbit

Potter combusting... on 14:22 - Feb 29 by union_jack

Great result.

Schardenfreude rules!

Have we signed a new a German centre-back?
Potter combusting... on 22:52 - Mar 2 with 1198 viewsLuther27

As Darren would say....fvck him....he jumped ship midway through his project....so deal with it.
Potter combusting... on 08:06 - Mar 3 with 1069 viewspencoedjack

Potter combusting... on 22:52 - Mar 2 by Luther27

As Darren would say....fvck him....he jumped ship midway through his project....so deal with it.

This ^
Potter combusting... on 09:02 - Mar 3 with 1037 viewsFireboy2

Potter combusting... on 11:34 - Mar 2 by KGriz16

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Potter combusting... on 10:46 - Mar 3 with 988 viewsicecoldjack

He has flaws as a manager for sure, fooked our goal keeper situation right up, is a perfect example, overall though he did a fine transition job and got a team of footballers to play the right way, his main problem at the moment is that Brighton were not perhaps a team of footballers, it’s one thing flipping the football switch at the start of the season but it’s another to keep playing that way when things start going wrong.

We’ve seen it here with some of our less talented teams, not brave enough on the ball and start passing sideways and backwards making the football boring and predictable.

I suggest that maybe some of his current players are maybe reverting to type a little bit and doing the safe thing with the ball instead of being progressive and creative and forward thinking.

Potter did a great job for us, but was always going to move at the first chance, who would stay here with every single senior pro being targeted for being moved on ?

He didn’t have access to some good senior pro’s until half way through the season, that was his Gypsies warning right there !

We played some lovely football under him and I thought the green shoots of recovery were clear to see, our style of football was back, all be it with teething problems and inexperience .

Compare to what we watch now, how much more improved would our league position have been with the depth of Ayew,Borja,Routs and Dyer to call on for potter ?

Coopers football is awful, tough job for him of course, but scraping results here and there with the squad he has now is poor, imagine next season when he won’t even have the likes of VDH,Routs,Dyer,Borja,Naughton and a few others to call on ? We are around the relegation zone in form, remove early season transition form and we would be in a real struggle, give me potter any day compared to the chump we have now.
Potter combusting... on 11:43 - Mar 3 with 963 views34dfgdf54

Potter combusting... on 10:46 - Mar 3 by icecoldjack

He has flaws as a manager for sure, fooked our goal keeper situation right up, is a perfect example, overall though he did a fine transition job and got a team of footballers to play the right way, his main problem at the moment is that Brighton were not perhaps a team of footballers, it’s one thing flipping the football switch at the start of the season but it’s another to keep playing that way when things start going wrong.

We’ve seen it here with some of our less talented teams, not brave enough on the ball and start passing sideways and backwards making the football boring and predictable.

I suggest that maybe some of his current players are maybe reverting to type a little bit and doing the safe thing with the ball instead of being progressive and creative and forward thinking.

Potter did a great job for us, but was always going to move at the first chance, who would stay here with every single senior pro being targeted for being moved on ?

He didn’t have access to some good senior pro’s until half way through the season, that was his Gypsies warning right there !

We played some lovely football under him and I thought the green shoots of recovery were clear to see, our style of football was back, all be it with teething problems and inexperience .

Compare to what we watch now, how much more improved would our league position have been with the depth of Ayew,Borja,Routs and Dyer to call on for potter ?

Coopers football is awful, tough job for him of course, but scraping results here and there with the squad he has now is poor, imagine next season when he won’t even have the likes of VDH,Routs,Dyer,Borja,Naughton and a few others to call on ? We are around the relegation zone in form, remove early season transition form and we would be in a real struggle, give me potter any day compared to the chump we have now.

Why do people keep saying he f*cked the Keeper situation up? Two managers in a row, one of which has the top coach in country in regards to goalkeepers both though Nordfelt was the better of the two.

He's struggling at the moment with Brighton though, out of his depth.
Potter combusting... on 12:38 - Mar 3 with 924 viewsicecoldjack

Potter combusting... on 11:43 - Mar 3 by 34dfgdf54

Why do people keep saying he f*cked the Keeper situation up? Two managers in a row, one of which has the top coach in country in regards to goalkeepers both though Nordfelt was the better of the two.

He's struggling at the moment with Brighton though, out of his depth.

Because he put a guy in there who was growing in confidence and flying(mulder ) and for no apparent reason dropped him, his time out Affected his confidence .

If it ain’t broke no need to fix it .

As for both thinking Nordfelt was the better of the two, definitely a better footballer but for the championship one of the biggest fannies to ever where a pair of gloves .
Great at reaction saves, great with the ball at his feet, fookin awful at commanding his area and set piece play, which unfortunately for him was/is the bread and butter of the championship .

I don’t think I’m alone in thinking he could have handled the Mulder/Nordfelt situation far better .

That’s my take on it anyway :)
Potter combusting... on 12:45 - Mar 3 with 913 viewsCooperman

Potter combusting... on 12:38 - Mar 3 by icecoldjack

Because he put a guy in there who was growing in confidence and flying(mulder ) and for no apparent reason dropped him, his time out Affected his confidence .

If it ain’t broke no need to fix it .

As for both thinking Nordfelt was the better of the two, definitely a better footballer but for the championship one of the biggest fannies to ever where a pair of gloves .
Great at reaction saves, great with the ball at his feet, fookin awful at commanding his area and set piece play, which unfortunately for him was/is the bread and butter of the championship .

I don’t think I’m alone in thinking he could have handled the Mulder/Nordfelt situation far better .

That’s my take on it anyway :)

None of us know how he really handled the goalkeeper situation. All we saw was the team sheet at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon.

You’re right about the qualities of Nordfelt though. His calamitous antics did the rounds on Twitter with regular frequency.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Potter combusting... on 12:48 - Mar 3 with 911 viewsvetchonian

Potter combusting... on 10:46 - Mar 3 by icecoldjack

People forget the ball often went sideways and backwards under Brendan...that is why we used to have such a high pass count. Brendan used that tactic to keep possesion when there was no immediate attacking option and allow players to "rest" on the ball following periods of pressing to retain possesion.

One of the goals at Fulham in that 0-3 win which MOTD eulogised over had quite a few back and side passes before the ball was finally quickly moved forwards.

We seem to forget this.....its because we were winning in style yes but often the ball stayed along the back four and Leon

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Potter combusting... on 13:00 - Mar 3 with 904 viewsicecoldjack

Potter combusting... on 12:48 - Mar 3 by vetchonian

People forget the ball often went sideways and backwards under Brendan...that is why we used to have such a high pass count. Brendan used that tactic to keep possesion when there was no immediate attacking option and allow players to "rest" on the ball following periods of pressing to retain possesion.

One of the goals at Fulham in that 0-3 win which MOTD eulogised over had quite a few back and side passes before the ball was finally quickly moved forwards.

We seem to forget this.....its because we were winning in style yes but often the ball stayed along the back four and Leon

I also remember Brendan talking about this, the difference being was we had a back four and Leon that was well versed in playing this way long before Brendan rolled into town, Rangel,Taylor,Ash,Monk,Tate and Leon were so used to playing this style that by the time they got to the prem league it was almost telepathic in terms of passing and keep ball, Leon would know his exact pass to Rangel and where he’d be even before he received the ball ditto the rest of the back four.

Potter trying to implement a passing style in the hardest league with players that Perhaps haven’t played that way Before was always going to be a tough ask, especially when things got tough, players revert to type And pass safer and slower.

We could pass it far quicker at the back because we had that clear understanding that was built up over many seasons, it was still slow and at times sometimes hindered us greatly in the prem league but we were a budget Barca not the real thing.

Potter in my humble opinion is a good coach but I think it’s hard to change styles of football without stacks of cash, it took us time to progress and refine it but we did it at the right times in the right Leagues with the right players, season after season slowly getting better at it until we got to the premier league where we were quite the dandy continental style passing team .
Potter combusting... on 13:50 - Mar 3 with 867 viewsJacket

Many of us predicted their relegation a year ago, and to be fair it never really took off for him in the first place. I felt he would have been better served sticking around here and continue the building process. In the end the quick buck was what enticed him. And from his point of view, he hasn't lost anything and there's a good chance he'll get a chance to rebuild in the Championship and he'll probably believe he'll go back stronger. I don't wish him any ill to be fair, he seemed a good bloke, he had no ties to Swansea however much he liked walks down the Mumbles, he took the money and now he'll either be paid off or get a chance to do a little bit of rebuilding on England's south coast. I'm sure walks down Brighton prom will be quite agreeable for him and the missus, even if it ain't quite the Mumbles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024