Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is poverty? 18:52 - Dec 3 with 4090 viewsDarran

So,I’m parked outside the food bank in Neath and a couple pull up in a car,they get out and as they get out and walk towards the premises I notice they’ve both got bits of paper in their hands with I assume are vouchers for the food bank.
They go in and I can see them handing the vouchers to someone and they turn around and walk straight out and sit on the wall outside,I now assume that they’ve handed their vouchers in and are waiting for the food bank staff to get their food ready.
They then both take a packet of 20 cigarettes out of their pockets and light one then they both take an iPhone out of their pockets and start looking things up.

They seem to be able to afford cigarettes and iPhones but they can’t afford food.
Is that living in poverty or am I missing something? 🤷🏻‍♂️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What is poverty? on 19:38 - Dec 3 with 791 viewsDarran

What is poverty? on 19:34 - Dec 3 by Neath_Jack

Were they social workers or health workers?

Neither,you are able to tell certain things. Anyway you should know exactly what I’m getting at theres more mobility scooters parked outside the pubs of Briton Ferry (every single day of the week) than there is in the rest of the UK.
Stop pretending you don’t know what I’m saying because you do.

What is poverty? on 19:39 - Dec 3 with 780 viewsexiledclaseboy

What is poverty? on 19:34 - Dec 3 by Neath_Jack

Were they social workers or health workers?

He doesn’t know. That can be number 11 on the list.

Poll: Tory leader

What is poverty? on 19:40 - Dec 3 with 777 viewsexiledclaseboy

What is poverty? on 19:38 - Dec 3 by Darran

Neither,you are able to tell certain things. Anyway you should know exactly what I’m getting at theres more mobility scooters parked outside the pubs of Briton Ferry (every single day of the week) than there is in the rest of the UK.

Are you not allowed to go to a pub if you need to use a mobility scooter?

What is poverty? on 19:41 - Dec 3 with 775 viewsNeath_Jack

What is poverty? on 19:38 - Dec 3 by Darran

So you could tell they weren't a certain occupation by the way they looked, used their phones, walked, talked? Tidy butt.

What the f*ck has happened to you Dar?

And what the f*ck has mobility scooters being outside pubs in the Ferry, got to do with people using food banks? There's plenty of old boys in that club who are ex British Steel, NCB, etc who would be on tidy enough pensions, how do you know they are not, oh aye silly me, you can just tell.

F*ck off.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

What is poverty? on 19:42 - Dec 3 with 772 viewsLohengrin

What is poverty? on 19:14 - Dec 3 by Neath_Jack

Yeah but hang on Leon, there's a massive chance here for the right wing knobs of PS to get absolutely outraged about something.

Stop spoiling it ffs, it's Christmas!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What is poverty? on 19:43 - Dec 3 with 766 viewsdickythorpe

I had a mate who worked for a courier firm. Delivered to same houses for years in what would be described as an area blighted by poverty.
Not a stitch of wallpaper or carpet in the houses but the most magnificent wide-screen Tv's and all electrical sockets rammed with chargers for all sorts of tech. More often house stinks of fags.
I've worked for 25 years and have the same TV I had 12 years ago as I can't justify buying a new one just on a whim to be one of the in crowd.

A motobility scooter outside a pub often means there's "one hell of a boy/girl" in there
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 19:45]
What is poverty? on 19:43 - Dec 3 with 763 viewsNeath_Jack

What is poverty? on 19:42 - Dec 3 by Lohengrin

Here they come...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

What is poverty? on 19:44 - Dec 3 with 753 viewsexiledclaseboy

What is poverty? on 19:43 - Dec 3 by Neath_Jack

Here they come...

Wait till Kerouac wakes up in the wee small hours. There’ll be spittle everywhere.

Login to get fewer ads

What is poverty? on 19:45 - Dec 3 with 754 viewsFlashberryjack

What is poverty? on 19:38 - Dec 3 by exiledclaseboy

Imagine everyone judged the Darran book by its cover.

It would depend what was on the cover, a photo of Cheap Trick would conjure up all kind of images of the contents.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What is poverty? on 19:45 - Dec 3 with 750 viewsLohengrin

Here they come...

You’ll have to content yourself with that one haughty smirk.

I’m going with the minimalist approach.

What is poverty? on 19:46 - Dec 3 with 743 viewsDarran

What is poverty? on 19:41 - Dec 3 by Neath_Jack

So you could tell they weren't a certain occupation by the way they looked, used their phones, walked, talked? Tidy butt.

What the f*ck has happened to you Dar?

And what the f*ck has mobility scooters being outside pubs in the Ferry, got to do with people using food banks? There's plenty of old boys in that club who are ex British Steel, NCB, etc who would be on tidy enough pensions, how do you know they are not, oh aye silly me, you can just tell.

F*ck off.

Yes I could.

Stop pretending you don’t know the sort I’m on about down the Ferry not one of them with a scooter is an old boy.
Some of them are younger than me.

What is poverty? on 19:48 - Dec 3 with 729 viewsLeonWasGod

What is poverty? on 19:19 - Dec 3 by Darran

Nick food instead then.

Yeah, that'd be better lol.

On a more serious point, there seem to be a lot of people using foodbanks who've essentially got cash flow issues. People in work, but for whatever reason have simply run out of money to eat (e.g. zero hour contracts with no work that week, or on top-up benefits that haven't come through). No idea if that's the issue here of course.

We're in a bit of a sh*t place as a country.
What is poverty? on 19:48 - Dec 3 with 725 viewsNeath_Jack

What is poverty? on 19:46 - Dec 3 by Darran

Yes I could.

Stop pretending you don’t know the sort I’m on about down the Ferry not one of them with a scooter is an old boy.
Some of them are younger than me.

Aye I'm pretending, you got me.

I know the circumstances and ages of all those who drive mobility scooters in the Ferry.

Have a listen to yourself will you.

What is poverty? on 19:49 - Dec 3 with 725 viewsLeonWasGod

What is poverty? on 19:38 - Dec 3 by exiledclaseboy

Imagine everyone judged the Darran book by its cover.

Wales bottom of the global haridressers league
What is poverty? on 19:49 - Dec 3 with 719 viewsDarran

What is poverty? on 19:48 - Dec 3 by LeonWasGod

Yeah, that'd be better lol.

On a more serious point, there seem to be a lot of people using foodbanks who've essentially got cash flow issues. People in work, but for whatever reason have simply run out of money to eat (e.g. zero hour contracts with no work that week, or on top-up benefits that haven't come through). No idea if that's the issue here of course.

We're in a bit of a sh*t place as a country.

Yes it’s a disgrace the way some people are struggling but for anyone to say there aren’t people taking the piss is also a disgrace.

What is poverty? on 19:50 - Dec 3 with 711 viewsdickythorpe

The Royal Oak in Penclawdd often has a motobility scooter parked outside for hours.
I popped in once and the owner was throwing shapes like Tina Turner in her prime.
What is poverty? on 19:51 - Dec 3 with 707 viewsDarran

What is poverty? on 19:48 - Dec 3 by Neath_Jack

I know the circumstances and ages of all those who drive mobility scooters in the Ferry.

Oh and by the way I could tell by the way you were dressed this morning that you weren’t a social worker.

What is poverty? on 19:51 - Dec 3 with 702 viewsDarran

What is poverty? on 19:50 - Dec 3 by dickythorpe

The Royal Oak in Penclawdd often has a motobility scooter parked outside for hours.
I popped in once and the owner was throwing shapes like Tina Turner in her prime.

Dicky gets it.

What is poverty? on 19:52 - Dec 3 with 699 viewsLeonWasGod

Here they come...

For sure there will be two camps on this.

I'd like to think that even the people who appear not to give a feck on here, would go out of their way to help someone in need in real life. It's just when political/social tribes get involved it all goes tits up.

Democracy sucks. We'd be better off and less divided with an autocratic monarchy (17 year old girls aside when Prince Andy is around, obviously).
What is poverty? on 19:53 - Dec 3 with 696 viewsNeath_Jack

What is poverty? on 19:51 - Dec 3 by Darran

Oh and by the way I could tell by the way you were dressed this morning that you weren’t a social worker.

I was undercover.

What is poverty? on 19:54 - Dec 3 with 694 viewsdickythorpe

What is poverty? on 19:48 - Dec 3 by Neath_Jack

What are the ages and circumstances out of interest Neathy?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 19:54]
What is poverty? on 20:00 - Dec 3 with 678 viewsLohengrin

What is poverty? on 19:52 - Dec 3 by LeonWasGod

For sure there will be two camps on this.

I'd like to think that even the people who appear not to give a feck on here, would go out of their way to help someone in need in real life. It's just when political/social tribes get involved it all goes tits up.

Democracy sucks. We'd be better off and less divided with an autocratic monarchy (17 year old girls aside when Prince Andy is around, obviously).

The real political divide as regards poverty is between those who would plan a way out of it and those on the left like Leanne Wood who make a fetish of privation.

What is poverty? on 20:01 - Dec 3 with 670 viewsNeath_Jack

What is poverty? on 19:54 - Dec 3 by dickythorpe

What are the ages and circumstances out of interest Neathy?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 19:54]

66, 70, 73 & 81.

Two are ex coppers, one an ex scuba diver and the last one spent most of his life a stripper / gigolo.

All of them have large screen tv's with the full sky sports packages, two of them have Samsung's, and the other two apple smart phones.

They holiday together 3 times a year, normally in Benidorm, and they are inseparable due to none of them having any living relatives. They spend all their free time in the Ferry Workies, and were all involved in seeing off the Brentford massive a couple of seasons ago.

What is poverty? on 20:02 - Dec 3 with 666 viewsDarran

What is poverty? on 19:53 - Dec 3 by Neath_Jack

I was undercover.

You looked like that Irish woman feeding the birds in Home Alone.

What is poverty? on 20:03 - Dec 3 with 661 viewsbluey_the_blue

What is poverty? on 20:00 - Dec 3 by Lohengrin

The real political divide as regards poverty is between those who would plan a way out of it and those on the left like Leanne Wood who make a fetish of privation.

Can see Lush Leanne pissed as a fart, staggering out from the Royal Oak mentioned earlier and taking the scooter without permission, found driving wrong way on M4.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024