Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 14:45 - Feb 11 with 11565 viewsCjay

Hello

Thought id come back pre game to see how we all are

See whats changed, whats the same.

Just a few things.

Thoughts on your season so far? (on the pitch i know off the pitch is a bit tricky)
Thoughts on Graham Potter?
How do you see the season going for you from here?
And finally of course how do you thin the game will go on Wednesday?

And the game is on the Red Button if anyone didnt know

Any responses greatly appreciated.

Cjay
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 14:42 - Feb 12 with 1947 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 18:48 - Feb 11 by Glyn1

Thoughts on your season so far? (on the pitch i know off the pitch is a bit tricky)
It's gone better than I had personally expected. Relying on our youngsters seemed risky but they have passed their test with flying colours.

Thoughts on Graham Potter?
I was wrong about him. Given the rest of the uncertainty at Swansea I wanted a young manager with Championship experience, and would have given the job to Gary Rowett, so it's very lucky that I'm not in charge. After continually "tinkering" with the team until he finally understood their strengths and weakness Potter now knows his side. So far he doesn't seem to be the best tactically, but he's competent enough. Where's he shown himself to be exceptional is guiding young players and improving them. From not wanting him, my biggest worry now is that a Premier League club will poach him from us next season (perhaps Leeds, after Bielsa spontaneously self-combusts? Actually Potter is awful, you wouldn't want him, honest).

How do you see the season going for you from here?
Come back on Sunday after our FA Cup match and we'll let you know. But I think it really depends on next month's 4 successive matches against Norwich, West Brom, Derby and Forest. If we do well in them then we have a chance of the Play-Offs. If we do badly we'll still be safe from relegation, giving Graham Potter 2 months of unpressurised football to work with the team.

And finally of course how do you think the game will go on Wednesday?
Unfortunately, 3-0 to you. The atmosphere may overwhelm some of our kids and we have a weak midfield that your manager will know all about.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 2:20]

Think its always more exciting somehow when you have a young team, they make mistakes but even so they can improve, fully respect teams who give youth a chance, our title rivals Norwich are in that category. You have some good young players from whay ive seen, Cellina, James, McBurnie, keep them fit and happy can see you getting up if not this season then next.

Haha he was actually pretty popular with our fans when we were thinking about who should replace Hecky, good coach, worked his way up, plays good football, id have him.

That little group of fixtures will define your season probably as you say, 8-10 points there and who knows.

3-0, your more confident about our chances then i am.

Thanks for the response
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 14:45 - Feb 12 with 1943 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 20:59 - Feb 11 by dickythorpe

We will gift you chances and perhaps a goal or two. However when we knuckle down we can play well.
We are too young to be consistent , Potter is slowly realising he needs Routledge around the squad. An old head and all that.
Fer is like the French rugby side, you never know what you'll get.

Our set pieces are getting better but it's been frustrating and I reckon we'll fall agonizingly short of a play off place come May.

We are brilliant at missing chances, so any gifts greatly appreciated. If you let us go ahead though you may be in trouble, we havent dropped a single point after scoring first.

Fortunately for you, we havent scored first for ages and prefer to gift a goal or two within the first 30minutes.

Good player Routledge, got to be knocking on though, surely that pace must have gone by now?

Fer was brilliant at your place, hope he is out.

Thanks for the response
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 14:46 - Feb 12 with 1940 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 22:59 - Feb 11 by alwaysblackandwhite

If you ask Bielsa maybe he can find out the answers to your questions by asking his "SPIES" 😨

Perhaps i am Bielsa and this is a new tactic
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 14:49 - Feb 12 with 1933 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 23:22 - Feb 11 by sainthelens

Perhaps this guy is one of Bielsas spies. Clever clever.

Perhaps im a double agent, working for Leeds but really working for swansea trying to find out what information Leeds may have gathered from Swansea fans . . .
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 14:51 - Feb 12 with 1926 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 00:07 - Feb 12 by Smellyplumz

Beilsa to Everton, unwashed Leeds another season where they belong. Eh up kes.

He wont go to Everton.

We belong in the Prem

Thanks for the response
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 14:53 - Feb 12 with 1921 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 08:56 - Feb 12 by dameedna

I have been waiting a while to see Roberts James Routledge Byers Grimes and Celina in the starting eleven. More to come and a good space for optimism. Fancy us to win as this wont be as tough a Bristol.

Grimes

Honestly one of the worst players ive seen play for us, truly awful.

Is he not still?
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 15:24 - Feb 12 with 1882 viewssainthelens

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 14:49 - Feb 12 by Cjay

Perhaps im a double agent, working for Leeds but really working for swansea trying to find out what information Leeds may have gathered from Swansea fans . . .

Your probably just a confused individual.
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 15:25 - Feb 12 with 1888 viewsherbie

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 14:53 - Feb 12 by Cjay

Grimes

Is he not still?

Possibly our best player this season. He has improved no end with a run of games and getting his confidence back.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 15:32 - Feb 12 with 1878 viewsjasper_T

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 14:53 - Feb 12 by Cjay

Grimes

Is he not still?

Grimes is brilliant now.
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 16:15 - Feb 12 with 1837 viewsthornabyswan

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 14:51 - Feb 12 by Cjay

He wont go to Everton.

We belong in the Prem

Thanks for the response

Nobody belongs in the Prem have to earn it.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 16:34 - Feb 12 with 1824 viewsFireboy2

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 15:25 - Feb 12 by herbie

Possibly our best player this season. He has improved no end with a run of games and getting his confidence back.

Agreed

Hes in the first 11 for me every time
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 16:58 - Feb 12 with 1794 viewssainthelens

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 14:51 - Feb 12 by Cjay

He wont go to Everton.

We belong in the Prem

Thanks for the response

It's that arrogance pal that makes your club and fans so unpopular.
Will laugh my bollox off when you bottle it again.
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 18:31 - Feb 12 with 1749 viewsLoyal

Leeds fan in peace, I've spent the last hour laughing.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 18:59 - Feb 12 with 1718 viewssainthelens

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 18:31 - Feb 12 by Loyal

Leeds fan in peace, I've spent the last hour laughing.

Typo error..read Leeds fan covered in pi$$
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 15:10 - Feb 14 with 1512 viewsCjay

Felt we deserved that, would have been a travesty if you had gotten anything in the end, although not happy with our own stupidity creating our own issues and failing to kill games off.

Thought it was smart to limit how much Mulder could go short, read more then half of his passes were long (20 something out of 40ish) and only 7 of those were accurate, not surprising considering his targets were tiny men.

Thought Celina was decent, didnt always come off for him but he tried to make things happen, James struggled imo.

Asoro looked lively, wonder why didnt play him up top from the start, did a lot more then McKay who may as well have been sat in the stands.

You looked a different team with McBurnie on, far more threatening, does seem your playoff chances rest on keeping him fit, not just because of his goals but because of his all round game, everyone else looked better with him to play off.

Not going to pick on Grimes, but one thing he isnt is a left back, strange choice that.

Do think you played some nice stuff at times, the freekick for one, can see a style atleast, cant say that for a lot of teams who seem to make it up as they go along.

Also Fer was a huge loss, he was a beast at The Liberty, a powerful and cultured presence in midfield, you lacked that last night, very pleased he and McBurnie wernt able to start or in Fer's case appear at all.

Good Luck for the rest of the season.

Cjay
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 15:21]
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 15:45 - Feb 14 with 1425 viewsmonmouth

No one except Potter sees Grimes as a left back neither, but infuriatingly I think we'd basically chucked the game before coming out, and then belatedly tried a repair when it was too late. We did the same at Villa and Derby. Almost like, 'oh we'll never beat these'.

McKay is ok, promising in fact at attacking midfield if he has people like Fer and McBurnie that can buy him some space. On the wing against defenders that get stuck in, hopeless. Total shithouse.

It would have been a travesty if we'd nicked anything, but seeing as we've suffered at least four travesties this season I'd have happily taken it. If you don't lose your bottle (could see you getting rattled when we pressed, when you just had to keep playing) then I think you'll make it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 18:12 - Feb 14 with 1291 viewssainthelens

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 15:10 - Feb 14 by Cjay

Felt we deserved that, would have been a travesty if you had gotten anything in the end, although not happy with our own stupidity creating our own issues and failing to kill games off.

Thought it was smart to limit how much Mulder could go short, read more then half of his passes were long (20 something out of 40ish) and only 7 of those were accurate, not surprising considering his targets were tiny men.

Thought Celina was decent, didnt always come off for him but he tried to make things happen, James struggled imo.

Asoro looked lively, wonder why didnt play him up top from the start, did a lot more then McKay who may as well have been sat in the stands.

You looked a different team with McBurnie on, far more threatening, does seem your playoff chances rest on keeping him fit, not just because of his goals but because of his all round game, everyone else looked better with him to play off.

Not going to pick on Grimes, but one thing he isnt is a left back, strange choice that.

Do think you played some nice stuff at times, the freekick for one, can see a style atleast, cant say that for a lot of teams who seem to make it up as they go along.

Also Fer was a huge loss, he was a beast at The Liberty, a powerful and cultured presence in midfield, you lacked that last night, very pleased he and McBurnie wernt able to start or in Fer's case appear at all.

Good Luck for the rest of the season.

Cjay
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 15:21]

I'd leave out the Billy big bollox pal. We'll see you next season. You'll bottle it in the play offs.
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 18:44 - Feb 14 with 1232 viewsCaptain_Sham

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 15:45 - Feb 14 by monmouth

No one except Potter sees Grimes as a left back neither, but infuriatingly I think we'd basically chucked the game before coming out, and then belatedly tried a repair when it was too late. We did the same at Villa and Derby. Almost like, 'oh we'll never beat these'.

McKay is ok, promising in fact at attacking midfield if he has people like Fer and McBurnie that can buy him some space. On the wing against defenders that get stuck in, hopeless. Total shithouse.

It would have been a travesty if we'd nicked anything, but seeing as we've suffered at least four travesties this season I'd have happily taken it. If you don't lose your bottle (could see you getting rattled when we pressed, when you just had to keep playing) then I think you'll make it.

McKay is M'Kay

Its just a ride.

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 18:53 - Feb 14 with 1211 viewsswan65split

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 18:12 - Feb 14 by sainthelens

I'd leave out the Billy big bollox pal. We'll see you next season. You'll bottle it in the play offs.

Yep big and strong , very little else, another Stoke.
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 19:10 - Feb 14 with 1171 viewsmonmouth

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 18:44 - Feb 14 by Captain_Sham

McKay is M'Kay

How did I miss out on that ffs

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 19:34 - Feb 14 with 1135 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 18:12 - Feb 14 by sainthelens

Eh, i do that after every game win lose or draw.

Maybe, but we are the most consistent side this season, dont think we been outside the top 6 since game 1 and hardly outside of the top 2 either.

We shall see.
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 19:37 - Feb 14 with 1126 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 18:53 - Feb 14 by swan65split

Yep big and strong , very little else, another Stoke.

Stoke . . . . . .
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 19:45 - Feb 14 with 1106 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 15:45 - Feb 14 by monmouth

Last time i saw you Grimes was playing deep, like Phillips for us, dm sort of role, seemed decent there tbf to him, do you not have a natural lb?

Not short of wingers tbf lol Routledge, Dyer, James, Asoro, not bad options to have, pacey (maybe not the first 2 i dunno there knocking on now).

We have a tendency to panic and make life difficult for ourselves, certainly looked rattled a bit 2nd half, those last few moments were agony.

Tbf to us though as much as some other fans think we will bottle it and are overrated, we've had something like 50 seperate injuries this season according to our Head medical bloke, yet we are top, how well would we have done without them.

Think you got a talented young group, if you can keep them together see no reason why you cant get promoted if not this year then next.

Thanks for the response
Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 20:49 - Feb 14 with 1022 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 19:45 - Feb 14 by Cjay

Last time i saw you Grimes was playing deep, like Phillips for us, dm sort of role, seemed decent there tbf to him, do you not have a natural lb?

Not short of wingers tbf lol Routledge, Dyer, James, Asoro, not bad options to have, pacey (maybe not the first 2 i dunno there knocking on now).

We have a tendency to panic and make life difficult for ourselves, certainly looked rattled a bit 2nd half, those last few moments were agony.

Tbf to us though as much as some other fans think we will bottle it and are overrated, we've had something like 50 seperate injuries this season according to our Head medical bloke, yet we are top, how well would we have done without them.

Think you got a talented young group, if you can keep them together see no reason why you cant get promoted if not this year then next.

Thanks for the response

Grimes has manned up and although he really needs to learn to kick with his right foot he’s massively improved. Been great for us this season. As for Routledge, if we’d have utilized him from day one this season we’d be much closer to or probably in the top six. One of our top 3 or 4 players

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 22:59 - Feb 14 with 961 viewsjasper_T

Leeds Fan In Peace 2 on 19:45 - Feb 14 by Cjay

Thanks for the response

Olsson's dead and Declan John took a whack against Millwall, but Roberts and Naughton have both played a lot of games at left back so there was no need to stick Grimes in there when Connor was playing up on the wing to, idk, test Alioski with his dribbling skills?

Potter's been trying to make him a left back since the preseason tour it's a strange little obsession of his.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024