Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Dan James gets sold ... 19:48 - Jan 24 with 30553 viewsSwans_16

... I will not be renewing my Season Ticket.

The full intent of the owners will be visible for all to see if it goes through.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:47 - Jan 28 with 2694 viewsLandore_Jack

Tbh I would sell for £10M.

#backtojack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:58 - Jan 28 with 2616 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 13:50 - Jan 28 by 34dfgdf54

That was Saturday, this was today....

What’s your point? Or has something been said today which I have missed?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 14:20]

There was a press conference at 1:30 today ahead of tomorrow's game.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:06 - Jan 28 with 2552 viewsdcd14

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:58 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

There was a press conference at 1:30 today ahead of tomorrow's game.

His presser today was hardly inspiring.

"clubs finances could dictate whether or not he's sold"

I'm sensing curtains on this one.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:10 - Jan 28 with 2511 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:06 - Jan 28 by dcd14

His presser today was hardly inspiring.

"clubs finances could dictate whether or not he's sold"

I'm sensing curtains on this one.

I didn't hear that quote.

£11.29m for Rabbi Matondo, supposedly. Price inflated for his age and therefore "potential" but I know which one is the better player right now, and more valuable to both buying and selling club right now.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:12 - Jan 28 with 2485 viewsdcd14

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:10 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

I didn't hear that quote.

£11.29m for Rabbi Matondo, supposedly. Price inflated for his age and therefore "potential" but I know which one is the better player right now, and more valuable to both buying and selling club right now.

When asked the club's financial position and players having to leave, the manager said: "I wouldn’t say its inevitable but it’s a possibility."
If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:14 - Jan 28 with 2479 viewsmonmouth

Daniel James is worth nowhere near 10m at the moment. No one knows if he will be worth 10m or a lot more or less in the future. So you place your bet and take your chances. At that price, I don't think a sale or a no sale can really be criticised heavily. The sad thing is that, if we do it, we are probably doing it to subsidise shit. Some of it may be used to strengthen elsewhere. If so lets hope we get lucky this time.

I still hope he stays as a statement of general intent, and by Christ do we need some real pace but, if they'll pay that fee, then the wages are going to be pretty much beyond us in terms of a new contract, which is the only real alternative, so I think it probably is bye bye if this is accurate.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:17 - Jan 28 with 2457 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:12 - Jan 28 by dcd14

When asked the club's financial position and players having to leave, the manager said: "I wouldn’t say its inevitable but it’s a possibility."

The financial questions all came in regards to the Bony situation. It's misleading to suggest he said "finances will determine whether we sell Dan James".

There are no offers on the table that he's aware of. It's all talk and speculation in his words.

He said the financial problems go further than just Bony and we're all well aware which parts of the squad he's referring to (many of whom have more than 6 months left to run on their deals).
If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:17 - Jan 28 with 2459 viewsdcd14

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:14 - Jan 28 by monmouth

Daniel James is worth nowhere near 10m at the moment. No one knows if he will be worth 10m or a lot more or less in the future. So you place your bet and take your chances. At that price, I don't think a sale or a no sale can really be criticised heavily. The sad thing is that, if we do it, we are probably doing it to subsidise shit. Some of it may be used to strengthen elsewhere. If so lets hope we get lucky this time.

I still hope he stays as a statement of general intent, and by Christ do we need some real pace but, if they'll pay that fee, then the wages are going to be pretty much beyond us in terms of a new contract, which is the only real alternative, so I think it probably is bye bye if this is accurate.

I think that's where the problem lies.

We sell for £10M its a good fee for a player who's played very little, however that money is NOT going to be reinvested.
Login to get fewer ads

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:47 - Jan 28 with 2349 views_

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:41 - Jan 28 by swancity

The Club is like a piece of shit that’s stuck to the side of the toilet pan. It’ll either take one flush and it’s down the pan completely or the next flush will allow it to disintegrate more gradually. Either way it’s not looking good.

But at this moment in time you must congratulate the current first team squad and management on remaining focussed despite obvious problems and financial constraints at the club and for having a decent season all things considered albeit a million miles below the standards being set barely 4/5 years ago ....

Or just stand back and literally applaud the club for bringing through talent from the ages of 16 and younger that are now being talked about in the region of 12m plus.

Outstanding work SCFC

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:57 - Jan 28 with 2301 viewsBadlands

If Dan James gets sold ... on 14:47 - Jan 28 by Landore_Jack

Tbh I would sell for £10M.

Anything above £3.5 million would be a very good price.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If Dan James gets sold ... on 16:06 - Jan 28 with 2270 viewsthornabyswan

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:47 - Jan 28 by _

Or just stand back and literally applaud the club for bringing through talent from the ages of 16 and younger that are now being talked about in the region of 12m plus.

Outstanding work SCFC

What about these players does this fall into the outstanding catagory as well

Andre Ayew 20 million
Bony 12 million
Baston 15 million
Clucas 14 million
Messa 11 million

Yes I know you think the sun shines out of Jenkins arse but try and show some balance in your posts you may get taken seriously then.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

If Dan James gets sold ... on 16:31 - Jan 28 with 2178 viewsswan65split

ATM it all has the look of Deja Vu about it.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 16:55 - Jan 28 with 2113 viewsswancity

If Dan James gets sold ... on 16:06 - Jan 28 by thornabyswan

What about these players does this fall into the outstanding catagory as well

Andre Ayew 20 million
Bony 12 million
Baston 15 million
Clucas 14 million
Messa 11 million

Yes I know you think the sun shines out of Jenkins arse but try and show some balance in your posts you may get taken seriously then.

Good post and the roofer come self styled director of football can take responsibility for those horrendous mistakes and errors of judgement it would seem...or is that all a misunderstanding as well

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:15 - Jan 28 with 2046 viewsDrGonzo

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:57 - Jan 28 by Badlands

Anything above £3.5 million would be a very good price.

It doesn't matter how much we get for Dan. The money won't reinvested. We may as well give him away as the money we do get won't put a dent in our loses.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:26 - Jan 28 with 2010 viewsKilkennyjack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 15:47 - Jan 28 by _

Outstanding work SCFC

We have produced 2 local players since Ben.

The like of Oli and Dan have been signed from elsewhere.
Produced elsewhere.
Not to mention Kenji Gorre and the likes.

Fact.

Beware of the Risen People

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:23 - Jan 28 with 1887 views_

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:26 - Jan 28 by Kilkennyjack

Produced elsewhere.

Fact.

Rubbish. The club that brings players into the professional game gets all the credits, especially when in Dan's case he's been here since 16

In our first team squad right now we have

Rodon
Roberts
Grimes
Byers
James
Ollie.

That's an unbelievable list of talent the club has nurtured and brought through and must be worth a combined 50m plus.

If fans want to only focus on the negatives then crack on with their miserable existences, if fans want to ignore all the successful signings the club has made then again, up to them, but don't chat shit about being taken seriously when you're as pathetic enough to only wallow in your own piss 👍

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:37 - Jan 28 with 1816 viewsBillyChong

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:23 - Jan 28 by _

Rubbish. The club that brings players into the professional game gets all the credits, especially when in Dan's case he's been here since 16

Rodon
Roberts
Grimes
Byers
James
Ollie.

That's an unbelievable list of talent the club has nurtured and brought through and must be worth a combined 50m plus.

If fans want to only focus on the negatives then crack on with their miserable existences, if fans want to ignore all the successful signings the club has made then again, up to them, but don't chat shit about being taken seriously when you're as pathetic enough to only wallow in your own piss 👍

Grimes played 50+ games for Exeter before we bought him
If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:49 - Jan 28 with 1762 viewsBadlands

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:15 - Jan 28 by DrGonzo

It doesn't matter how much we get for Dan. The money won't reinvested. We may as well give him away as the money we do get won't put a dent in our loses.

So, don't sell. Continue spending money we don't have and possibly watch his value depreciate as he doesn't improve.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:55 - Jan 28 with 1741 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 17:26 - Jan 28 by Kilkennyjack

Produced elsewhere.

Fact.

We've brought two local players through to our first team and the international side in the last 12 months. That's impressive (even if Connor should have been included much sooner).

Additionally we've brought a player we signed as a 16 year old (as soon as he finished school) to play in our u18s through to the first team and international side.

So much of it comes down to the division we're in. Local players only get chances to establish themselves if their local team is playing at the right level. The PL is a massive leap that requires exceptional ability and a huge stroke of luck (in the form of a broken leg in Davies' case).

If we'd been in the Championship for the past 7 years would Welsh players like Josh Sheehan (Newport), and David Cornell (Northampton) have broken through here? Liam Shephard (Forest Green), Alex Samuel (Wycombe), Ryan Hedges (Barnsley)? Maybe even Kyle Copp who's out in Spain trying to make a career for himself after he was released.

There's a good crop of lads now who can actually see a realistic pathway to senior football at this club. If we stay here then I'm sure we'll see a steady flow of Coopers, Williams and Joneses to match the Ashley Richards and Shaun Macdonalds of the past.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:57 - Jan 28 with 1730 viewsthornabyswan

Rodon
Roberts
Grimes
Byers
James
Ollie.

You are positive when it suits but you do lack balance.
That list I put up over 70 million quids worth of waste even before you take wages into account.
Yet you won't even acknowledge the failings.
Yes there are positives but you are selective in who you praise and who gets hammered.
I can see it and I am sure plenty of others can as well.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:05 - Jan 28 with 1701 views_

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:37 - Jan 28 by BillyChong

Grimes played 50+ games for Exeter before we bought him

Of course, take him out then and still an unbelievable achievement

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:08 - Jan 28 with 1683 viewsbuilthjack

Rodon
Roberts
Grimes
Byers
James
Ollie.

If they are worth 50m, then James out of that list has to be worth 15m.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:09 - Jan 28 with 1672 viewsswancity

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:05 - Jan 28 by _

Of course, take him out then and still an unbelievable achievement

McBurnie came thru the youth set up at Bradford wasn’t it and got into the 1st team there

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:12 - Jan 28 with 1655 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:09 - Jan 28 by swancity

McBurnie came thru the youth set up at Bradford wasn’t it and got into the 1st team there

Fringes. 15 games over two seasons before joining Chester on loan.

He was going to go back there when we signed him instead.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 19:13 - Jan 28 with 1652 views_

If Dan James gets sold ... on 18:57 - Jan 28 by thornabyswan

You are positive when it suits but you do lack balance.
That list I put up over 70 million quids worth of waste even before you take wages into account.
Yet you won't even acknowledge the failings.
Yes there are positives but you are selective in who you praise and who gets hammered.
I can see it and I am sure plenty of others can as well.

So virtually knocked out of the park with just Siggy and Llorente then?

Of course there's been mistakes FFS, show me a football club that doesn't make them. That's a completely stupid argument.

Mesa shouldn't have been a mistake. Neither should Clucas, or at least in a different environment it wouldn't, he was being looked at by
England while at Hull. Bony is looking more and more like a big mistake and the Ayew transfer could've gone either way. After that West Ham win at home everyone was loving him and the hope we'd got.

Bear in mind we only needed 3 points from 9 games, you can't blame everything on 4 or 5 signings.

This is football, it's not some piddling computer game.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024