Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Clement 13:58 - Feb 6 with 14080 viewsGloucs_R

How would you feel about him taking over in the summer?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Paul Clement on 01:13 - Feb 7 with 2692 viewsPunteR

Id be happy with Ainsworth but would be slightly concerned about tarnishing his legend status. And lets be honest he will get pelters if he doesnt hit the ground running.
Look at the crap Ollie, Birch, ferdinand put up with.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paul Clement on 04:07 - Feb 7 with 2656 viewsderbyhoop

Paul Clement on 14:28 - Feb 6 by Northernr

Would be near the top of the list if it came to that, though there's plenty of reservations. I'm not overly bothered about the Derby or Swansea perceived failures - he was in the play off zone at Derby and the chairman went mental, Swansea they sold his two best players after he'd done well last season. He'll be better and wiser for those experiences than if we'd appointed him straight out of Bayern in his first number one job a couple of years ago. The family connection is a positive.

However, reading a feature with him in the Times at the weekend and a) he clearly still sees himself as a Premier League, big time manager, even with the family connection is he going to want to come and scrap around with us with no money to spend? IS he suited to that even if he does want to take it on? And b) he admitted he'd found it tough going from working with players at Bayern and Real to working with players at Swansea and Derby, and our players are considerably worse than theirs.

That seems accurate to me. If Olly goes it's a consideration.

He will have learnt from his experiences at Derby and Swansea. Although not all the issues at Derby were on the pitch, allegedly. He'd be better at playing away (nudge, nudge) than Olly's teams.

Difficult for people who've worked with the best to adjust to the downright average. And, if he was a success, some PL club would come calling.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Paul Clement on 06:27 - Feb 7 with 2625 viewsPey

Steve Mclaren and Clint Hill, Lord Derry that would be my choice for the next season.
Mclaren had us organized under old Arry, when he left for Derby we haven't been playing the same that season.
Hill and Derry are both leaders, they won't take crap and are vocal enough to support Steve in that area.
Paul Clement on 07:18 - Feb 7 with 2594 viewsEsox_Lucius

Paul Clement on 06:27 - Feb 7 by Pey

Steve Mclaren and Clint Hill, Lord Derry that would be my choice for the next season.
Mclaren had us organized under old Arry, when he left for Derby we haven't been playing the same that season.
Hill and Derry are both leaders, they won't take crap and are vocal enough to support Steve in that area.

With that kind of logic maybe we should get Adel back to do the technical coaching? He may not have any badges or coaching ability but he was bloody brilliant for us as a player.

The grass is always greener.

Paul Clement on 07:37 - Feb 7 with 2581 viewsE17hoop

Paul Clement on 14:28 - Feb 6 by Northernr

Would be near the top of the list if it came to that, though there's plenty of reservations. I'm not overly bothered about the Derby or Swansea perceived failures - he was in the play off zone at Derby and the chairman went mental, Swansea they sold his two best players after he'd done well last season. He'll be better and wiser for those experiences than if we'd appointed him straight out of Bayern in his first number one job a couple of years ago. The family connection is a positive.

However, reading a feature with him in the Times at the weekend and a) he clearly still sees himself as a Premier League, big time manager, even with the family connection is he going to want to come and scrap around with us with no money to spend? IS he suited to that even if he does want to take it on? And b) he admitted he'd found it tough going from working with players at Bayern and Real to working with players at Swansea and Derby, and our players are considerably worse than theirs.

They may have sold his best 2 players but he then spent £67m on 10 players over the course of his year in charge.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Paul Clement on 08:26 - Feb 7 with 2546 viewsGloucs_R

Ainsworth needs to step up a level or 2 before we consider him.
Derry - as above.
Mclaren - I personally would like and think he would work well as a Head Coach under a DOF
Monk - Does well but is there a screw loose somewhere?
Jackett - a step up from Ollie IMO
Clement - Could be a master stroke, could be another JFH
Ollie - maybe another 4/5 players would make a massive difference.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Paul Clement on 08:33 - Feb 7 with 2538 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We have a manager.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paul Clement on 10:12 - Feb 7 with 2471 viewsBrightonhoop

Paul Clement on 07:37 - Feb 7 by E17hoop

They may have sold his best 2 players but he then spent £67m on 10 players over the course of his year in charge.

And scored 8 last night.

I'd prefer McClaren over all.

But as Brian says we have a manager. He should be backed until he leaves or is sacked.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Clement on 10:17 - Feb 7 with 2454 viewsThe_Mole

Paul Clement on 08:33 - Feb 7 by BrianMcCarthy

We have a manager.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good 'what if' scenario!
Paul Clement on 10:20 - Feb 7 with 2452 viewsAntti_Heinola

Paul Clement on 20:36 - Feb 6 by essextaxiboy

I dont think it has to be an incredible job , if he had us in the top 8 and the Prem came calling he would be offski .
Then we would have to start again ...

You have no problem with that , fair enough ... I do

that's just a bizarre way of looking at it - let's not employ a manager in case he does a good job and another club wants him.

Bare bones.

Paul Clement on 10:53 - Feb 7 with 2417 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paul Clement on 08:33 - Feb 7 by BrianMcCarthy

We have a manager.

Not judging anyone, because speculation over football is part of the fun, but imagine if Olly was reading this?
Paul Clement on 11:34 - Feb 7 with 2390 viewsisawqpratwcity

Paul Clement on 10:53 - Feb 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not judging anyone, because speculation over football is part of the fun, but imagine if Olly was reading this?

No-one's being abusive, it's ok to have an opinion.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Paul Clement on 12:10 - Feb 7 with 2369 viewsMick_S

Paul Clement on 01:00 - Feb 7 by PunteR

I still think Nigel Pearson could do a job. Practically built that Leicester side that won the prem. Bit of a nutter though isnt he.?
Clement keeps getting sacked doesnt he? I think he's a bit of a gamble.
I still think Alex Neal should be a candidate. Grayson is a shout.
Mccarthy knows this league.
I dont know why but i dont trust Warburton.
I would rather Holloway ups his game and becomes brilliant though.

What would Brian do?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Paul Clement on 12:25 - Feb 7 with 2343 viewsTHEBUSH

Paul Clement on 11:34 - Feb 7 by isawqpratwcity

No-one's being abusive, it's ok to have an opinion.

I wouldn´t mind PC being our first team coach with Holloway as manager, but I´m not that stupid to see that it will never happen.

I like Holloway as I think he understands what type of players are needed in the Championship, but he definitely needs a decent first team coach and someone like PC would be ideal.
Paul Clement on 12:29 - Feb 7 with 2332 viewsYorkRanger

If we employ Ainsworth it provides the opportunity for another club legend to be slated, abused, ridiculed and eventually hounded out,

Sounds like a great plan...

Probably better to employ somebody nobody likes from the outset, just makes the whole falling out process so much easier
Paul Clement on 12:32 - Feb 7 with 2324 viewsMick_S

Paul Clement on 12:29 - Feb 7 by YorkRanger

If we employ Ainsworth it provides the opportunity for another club legend to be slated, abused, ridiculed and eventually hounded out,

Probably better to employ somebody nobody likes from the outset, just makes the whole falling out process so much easier

Paul Clement on 12:34 - Feb 7 with 2313 views2Thomas2Bowles

Has anyone watched Ainsworth's team play
Hoof football at it's finest.

They are about the same as Nott C last night

You would want him sacked within a couple of months.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 12:46]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Paul Clement on 12:40 - Feb 7 with 2290 viewsDorse

Not really.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Paul Clement on 12:42 - Feb 7 with 2277 viewsMick_S

Paul Clement on 12:40 - Feb 7 by Dorse

Not really.

That's horrible.

Paul Clement on 12:46 - Feb 7 with 2263 viewsW7Ranger

Paul Clement on 12:47 - Feb 7 with 2255 viewsMick_S

Paul Clement on 12:46 - Feb 7 by W7Ranger

That's his email nose.

Paul Clement on 12:53 - Feb 7 with 2235 viewsW7Ranger

Paul Clement on 12:47 - Feb 7 by Mick_S

That's his email nose.

Is it? Fúck nose mate?!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 12:54]
Paul Clement on 12:58 - Feb 7 with 2219 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Paul Clement on 12:47 - Feb 7 by Mick_S

That's his email nose.

I still like the idea of Karl Robinson as manager one day. Still only 37! Doing a decent job at Charlton at the moment. Was very keen for the job during our latest managerial recruitment drive all those months ago.

*Edit - Didn't mean to requote Warnock's email nose.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 13:00]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Paul Clement on 12:58 - Feb 7 with 2219 viewsTacticalR

Very sound reasoning.

Perhaps this is the reason that certain 'usual suspect' managers find it so easy to get re-employed as they are quite happy to be hated?

Air hostess clique

Paul Clement on 13:15 - Feb 7 with 2172 viewsPunteR

Paul Clement on 12:10 - Feb 7 by Mick_S

What would Brian do?

Ha. I meant Mick obviously but im sure Brian would be decent, along with Karl.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024