Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolute Disgrace 09:16 - Jul 18 with 3797 viewsSTID2017

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/doctors-nurses-university-hospital-wales-ordered-pay-1
This is a shocking way to treat the men and and women who work so hard in the name of the NHS

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Absolute Disgrace on 19:47 - Jul 18 with 1068 viewsKennedy

I read they wiped it all before 2015. Then they made an offer of a reduced rate of £10 per ticket but seen these were ignored.

But then how can 6,000 members of staff park in 1,200 spaces?

My Son had to have loads of tests and further operations in this hospital and always thought it was a bit naughty that this hospital charges but others in Wales do not. I did get a discount as my Son was having an operation there.

Just call me JFK

Absolute Disgrace on 19:50 - Jul 18 with 1064 viewsgosfordjack

Being an Air Conditioning Engineer, I have attended manybreakdown calls at the Heath Hospital Cardiff. I have had many a run in with the parking officers who have issues me tickets for so called illegal parking. Now I refuse to attend any breakdown call until parking is arranged before hand.
The parking facilities have been tendered out to create funds for the NHS.
The parking management company has to recoup it initial outlay and make a profit, so they are never going to go away soon.
Absolute scum of the earth, feeding off other peoples ill health and worries.
I
Absolute Disgrace on 19:55 - Jul 18 with 1053 viewsplasjack

Absolute Disgrace on 19:47 - Jul 18 by Kennedy

I read they wiped it all before 2015. Then they made an offer of a reduced rate of £10 per ticket but seen these were ignored.

My Son had to have loads of tests and further operations in this hospital and always thought it was a bit naughty that this hospital charges but others in Wales do not. I did get a discount as my Son was having an operation there.

Large hospitals should in future be built on greenfield sites if possible, not in congested urban areas.
When most of our hospitals were built hardly anyone owned a car.
Absolute Disgrace on 20:07 - Jul 18 with 1031 viewsjack2jack

We all know that there are too many cars on the road and when these hospitals were built probably my did not envisage the rise in car numbers,and as we all know if there are not restrictions put in place there would be carnage,but as I see it it is not the patients fault,and when you are desperate to park for that all important appointment,what are you supposed to do,many times you just have to take the risk,because at the end of the day what is more important.
I also know that some people try it on,but these private parking companies are over zealous,and some attendants will not bend the rules at all,we are talking btw of people who are desperately I'll even terminally so,and to top it all you are issued with a PCN, brilliant well done,what a lovely society we live in.
As for the staff they know the score,but as stated earlier the number being fined is closer to 300 apparently,the system has failed somewhere along the line,it needs sorting out properly, not dragging so through the courts as if they are criminals.
Absolute Disgrace on 20:46 - Jul 18 with 1007 viewsraynor94

Absolute Disgrace on 20:07 - Jul 18 by jack2jack

We all know that there are too many cars on the road and when these hospitals were built probably my did not envisage the rise in car numbers,and as we all know if there are not restrictions put in place there would be carnage,but as I see it it is not the patients fault,and when you are desperate to park for that all important appointment,what are you supposed to do,many times you just have to take the risk,because at the end of the day what is more important.
I also know that some people try it on,but these private parking companies are over zealous,and some attendants will not bend the rules at all,we are talking btw of people who are desperately I'll even terminally so,and to top it all you are issued with a PCN, brilliant well done,what a lovely society we live in.
As for the staff they know the score,but as stated earlier the number being fined is closer to 300 apparently,the system has failed somewhere along the line,it needs sorting out properly, not dragging so through the courts as if they are criminals.

Agree with everything you say there, especially the patients and their families. But how on earth can somebody run up 39 k of fines, and totally ignore it and now expect people to pick up the tab for her?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Absolute Disgrace on 20:52 - Jul 18 with 1004 viewsDyfnant

The sites clearly not suitable for the amount of services it provides. Move the children's hospital and brain surgery service to Morriston

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Absolute Disgrace on 20:58 - Jul 18 with 993 viewsjack2jack

Absolute Disgrace on 20:46 - Jul 18 by raynor94

Agree with everything you say there, especially the patients and their families. But how on earth can somebody run up 39 k of fines, and totally ignore it and now expect people to pick up the tab for her?

They probably thought they were all wind and p!ss and wouldn't take them to court.
I take your point though,my main bug bear is still these scummy parking companies.
Absolute Disgrace on 22:21 - Jul 18 with 960 viewsunion_jack

I thought all hospitals in Wales had free parking? Not The Heath presumably?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Absolute Disgrace on 10:30 - Jul 19 with 891 viewsMarinaJack

Absolute Disgrace on 19:47 - Jul 18 by Kennedy

Staff clearly need to look at car sharing and the hospital needs to look at more spaces and a better park / ride facility for their staff or purchase land and have a designated car park for their staff.

Admiral have 1 in sa1
Absolute Disgrace on 11:28 - Jul 19 with 868 viewscontroversial_jack

Absolute Disgrace on 19:38 - Jul 18 by raynor94

Come on, how can somebody run up £150k and 39 k in fines, and do nothing about it, I don't agree with paying for parking at a hospital, but these three are taking the mick, and are now expecting others to bail them out

They wouldn't get a penny out of me and there's nothing they can do to get it. The civil courts- that's the name they masquerade under at the moment in this country are in collusion with these parking firms, and are as corrupt as any in the third world nations.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024