Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leauge table 18:11 - Oct 29 with 5556 viewsGeoffThom

Looking at the table tonight which isn't pretty ,has mon nights game become a must win at all cost game ,if we become 5 points adrift which could quite easily become 8 after the next two games would we be fooked this early in the season ???
Leauge table on 20:36 - Oct 29 with 1416 viewsHeadmaster

Leauge table on 20:28 - Oct 29 by Murph75

Isn't every week a huge week and shouldn't we really be expecting maximum points from every game?

I'm surprised at your negativity.

It's not negativity. It's reality. If people want to stick their heads in the sand while our team is underperforming, so be it. I, for one, care too much about my club to not worry about our current position. Still, I am hopeful we can turn it around.
Leauge table on 20:38 - Oct 29 with 1406 viewsMurph75

Leauge table on 20:36 - Oct 29 by Headmaster

It's not negativity. It's reality. If people want to stick their heads in the sand while our team is underperforming, so be it. I, for one, care too much about my club to not worry about our current position. Still, I am hopeful we can turn it around.

Plenty of time to go.

New manager, 2 pretty decent performances compared to what we've seen so far.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic.
Leauge table on 20:42 - Oct 29 with 1403 viewsHeadmaster

Leauge table on 20:38 - Oct 29 by Murph75

Plenty of time to go.

New manager, 2 pretty decent performances compared to what we've seen so far.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

Indeed. To be fair, I've been impressed with Bradley so far, but still think the position we are in is down to a poor transfer window. 3 points on Monday will lift the mood. I just hope, if we do win, we can use it as a springboard.
Leauge table on 20:43 - Oct 29 with 1395 viewsmorningstar

Leauge table on 20:25 - Oct 29 by Phil_S

Winning in football becomes a habit - look at Leicester last season

Not winning is a much harder habit to break and the reality is we have not won for 7 games.

The fact that we lost to Hull and failed to beat Watford at home means we are currently at least five points behind where we should feasibly expect to be at this point of the season and therefore it doesn't need anyone really to point out we should be aiming for anything less than six points from the next two games

This is a huge week

Yep, it is a huge week, let's hope it ends well. I don't think it will mind, but we've always pulled one out of the bag when least expected.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Leauge table on 20:45 - Oct 29 with 1384 viewsPhil_S

Leauge table on 20:28 - Oct 29 by Murph75

Isn't every week a huge week and shouldn't we really be expecting maximum points from every game?

I'm surprised at your negativity.

For the first time since we arrived in this division I believe we are heading towards relegation

If that's negativity then so be it but I am not seeing things in our game that make me believe otherwise.

Sorry
Leauge table on 20:45 - Oct 29 with 1378 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Leauge table on 20:42 - Oct 29 by Headmaster

Indeed. To be fair, I've been impressed with Bradley so far, but still think the position we are in is down to a poor transfer window. 3 points on Monday will lift the mood. I just hope, if we do win, we can use it as a springboard.

What has impressed you? The only redeeming thing he has done us drop Fernandez, Cork and Taylor.

Results have been poor. I'm not quite sure how anybody could be impressed after these 2 games.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Leauge table on 20:47 - Oct 29 with 1375 viewsmorningstar

Leauge table on 20:45 - Oct 29 by Phil_S

For the first time since we arrived in this division I believe we are heading towards relegation

If that's negativity then so be it but I am not seeing things in our game that make me believe otherwise.

Sorry

Same.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Leauge table on 20:49 - Oct 29 with 1364 viewsPozuelosSideys

We need to start winning at some point. No time like the present and it would help all associated with the club at the moment.

No reason we cant snatch something there

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Leauge table on 20:51 - Oct 29 with 1356 viewsmonmouth

Sorry

I thought our number might be up when we gifted those two stupid calamatous comedy penalties to gift Liverpool and City the points in consecutive weeks. If that's the way we are going to carry on, it's curtains. It's like we have no real self belief when it comes to the crunch. Miss the open goals and gift goals away. Equals dead meat.

I can't see beyond 30 points sadly. The better news is that I am never right in my predictions, ever.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leauge table on 21:02 - Oct 29 with 1331 viewsHeadmaster

Leauge table on 20:45 - Oct 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What has impressed you? The only redeeming thing he has done us drop Fernandez, Cork and Taylor.

Results have been poor. I'm not quite sure how anybody could be impressed after these 2 games.

His demeanour, his attitude, his willingness to give Alfie a chance. Of course, it's only two games since he's been here. But overall I've been less than impressed with this season's performances against the likes of Southampton, Hull, Watford, and even Burnley where we won.

I said even when Guido got the sack, I don't think anyone can get much more out of this team. We had a poor transfer window which has left us right in it. But one has to have some hope.
Leauge table on 22:06 - Oct 29 with 1278 viewsCorktastic

Great post, the biggest difference is that the likes of burnley and Middlesbrough are capable of winning games which at the moment we are not.
Leauge table on 22:19 - Oct 29 with 1254 viewsraynor94

Leauge table on 20:47 - Oct 29 by morningstar

Same.

And me as well, sorry

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Leauge table on 22:42 - Oct 29 with 1192 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leauge table on 21:02 - Oct 29 by Headmaster

His demeanour, his attitude, his willingness to give Alfie a chance. Of course, it's only two games since he's been here. But overall I've been less than impressed with this season's performances against the likes of Southampton, Hull, Watford, and even Burnley where we won.

I said even when Guido got the sack, I don't think anyone can get much more out of this team. We had a poor transfer window which has left us right in it. But one has to have some hope.

You're absolutely right about the transfer window. Wether the Americans were convinced by Huw that the squad was good enough or he avoided spending to keep the balance sheet healther for sale who knows?

Either way we look certainties to go down. And you're right, we could install Houdini as manager but with a squad lacking significant quality we won't stay up. It will be interesting to see what the new owners do in January. I'd expect them to give Bradley a decent war chest just to keep us up but who knows?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leauge table on 22:48 - Oct 29 with 1179 viewsQJumpingJack

I have a bet with a colleague at work that Bradley will not be in charge by the time The Voice launches on ITV. Sadly, it is going to be a tough and miserable Winter.
I hope I am wrong.
Leauge table on 22:55 - Oct 29 with 1166 viewsblueytheblue

Leauge table on 22:48 - Oct 29 by QJumpingJack

I have a bet with a colleague at work that Bradley will not be in charge by the time The Voice launches on ITV. Sadly, it is going to be a tough and miserable Winter.
I hope I am wrong.

Muricans have appointed Bradley, fellow Murican noted for not winning anything domestically since his first job in MLS, coaching in Norway and French second division.

Widespread publicity as the first Murican to manage in the Prem.

He won't be fired.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Leauge table on 23:09 - Oct 29 with 1073 viewsmonmouth

Leauge table on 22:42 - Oct 29 by Brynmill_Jack

You're absolutely right about the transfer window. Wether the Americans were convinced by Huw that the squad was good enough or he avoided spending to keep the balance sheet healther for sale who knows?

Either way we look certainties to go down. And you're right, we could install Houdini as manager but with a squad lacking significant quality we won't stay up. It will be interesting to see what the new owners do in January. I'd expect them to give Bradley a decent war chest just to keep us up but who knows?

Newcastle spent £30m in January and got worse. We won't be doing that. The players you need are never available in January.

Sellout summer has spectacularly stitched us up.

Nowhere near time to give up yet, but the total apathy in the ground, the fannying around with managers, and the fragility at both ends is looking bleak.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leauge table on 01:19 - Oct 30 with 990 viewsGeoffThom

Sorry

Feck me I actually agree with you for once ,you've got over the point of view m trying to raise ,as bad as it is 😕😕😕
Leauge table on 02:06 - Oct 30 with 974 viewsdameedna

If we lose to Stoke which is on the cards we will be bottom 3 over Christmas.

Cant expect to pull back 5 point gap when the other teams will keep pickinf up points.

We will need to rely on Sunderland and Hull to falter. Burnley playing well.

Palace could still fall away.

Not picking up enough home points just like Sunderland.

Cant see West Ham or Stoke being the surprise rele package.

Might have to hope on someone like West brom picking up injuries.

Cant see enough experience at management and Huw has had a mare in missing 3 vital signing whilst losing 2 of our best players.

Core of the team looking weaker than others who all have fifteen million pund plus playmakers and grafters.

Might just be financial reality looming but we need a draw on Monday to stem what looks inevitable.
Leauge table on 08:29 - Oct 30 with 920 viewsMattG

We were bottom 3 at Christmas last year, 2 points behind the mighty Newcastle.

Agree it's looking more dark than light but the season doesn't end in January.
Leauge table on 08:43 - Oct 30 with 910 viewsStarsky

Sorry

Bloody hell Phil, chin up and all that.

we'll, I'll tell you what I'm gonna do.

For the Stoke match... I'm gonna forget about the league table and look forward to enjoying the game. We're in the Premier league, let's try and enjoy it.
Far too early to be dwelling and giving in on relegation.

We're short on confidence and the next win will lift the teams and fans spirits.

I really believe we're gonna go on a good run soon, particularly when Bobs new fitness regime properly kicks in.

I think Were better than Sunderland, Hull, Burnley, Boro & possibly West Brom

It's just the internet, init.

Leauge table on 08:52 - Oct 30 with 899 views34dfgdf54

The Hull game was an absolute killer. Looking at the fixture run we needed to pick up points because there was every chance this slump was coming. It did.

I'm slightly more confident though since it looks as if Bob is dropping obvious weak links in the team. Fernandez, Cork and Taylor have not got the quality to survive at this level, it's not nice saying that but the premier league is a unforgivable environment.

I can't see us getting out of the bottom 3 anytime soon, it's all on staying in touch until January, anymore than 3/4 points then I think it's relegation for us.
Leauge table on 08:59 - Oct 30 with 891 viewsItchySphincter

Sorry

Yup.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leauge table on 09:03 - Oct 30 with 888 viewscostalotta

Leauge table on 22:42 - Oct 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Of course he's right.

We do look like a safe bet for relegation as things are at the moment. The core of the team rripped out and not replaced, the collective burying head the head in the sand by HJ and the rest saying we've had a good transfer window which then the Trust chairman agreed with by the way. Sorry, the squad is not good enough and it was a sh*t transfer window. The only good thing about it was we managed to offload some of the useless deadwood that HJ had signed.

Sacking a manager (again) and creating more uncertainty... but NOT giving him the tools to do the job, it's almost constructive dismissal.

The summer window now looks like it was about ensuring more (cash) came in than went out and to maintain, at least on the face of it a a perception strengthening the squad to fan based. It worked for the most part! exntensions to OAPs ....say no more. Designed to increase the cash (their pockets) and not the overall quality of the squad. But of course some of us were calling this out at the time and were either shouted down, called non fans or and this is the best one told to give it 10 games! Clever, so then our season is over 28 games! That's why we will be going down.
Leauge table on 09:24 - Oct 30 with 861 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leauge table on 08:43 - Oct 30 by Starsky

Bloody hell Phil, chin up and all that.

we'll, I'll tell you what I'm gonna do.

For the Stoke match... I'm gonna forget about the league table and look forward to enjoying the game. We're in the Premier league, let's try and enjoy it.
Far too early to be dwelling and giving in on relegation.

We're short on confidence and the next win will lift the teams and fans spirits.

I really believe we're gonna go on a good run soon, particularly when Bobs new fitness regime properly kicks in.

I think Were better than Sunderland, Hull, Burnley, Boro & possibly West Brom

That speech was one we didn't need to hear even in our first PL season. Goes to show what a sh*t state we're in.

Leauge table on 09:33 - Oct 30 with 843 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leauge table on 09:03 - Oct 30 by costalotta

Of course he's right.

We do look like a safe bet for relegation as things are at the moment. The core of the team rripped out and not replaced, the collective burying head the head in the sand by HJ and the rest saying we've had a good transfer window which then the Trust chairman agreed with by the way. Sorry, the squad is not good enough and it was a sh*t transfer window. The only good thing about it was we managed to offload some of the useless deadwood that HJ had signed.

Sacking a manager (again) and creating more uncertainty... but NOT giving him the tools to do the job, it's almost constructive dismissal.

The summer window now looks like it was about ensuring more (cash) came in than went out and to maintain, at least on the face of it a a perception strengthening the squad to fan based. It worked for the most part! exntensions to OAPs ....say no more. Designed to increase the cash (their pockets) and not the overall quality of the squad. But of course some of us were calling this out at the time and were either shouted down, called non fans or and this is the best one told to give it 10 games! Clever, so then our season is over 28 games! That's why we will be going down.

Absolutely agree with all of that, especially the constructive dismissal bit.

That was the most dumbfounding thing at all, hire a man presumably with the Americans knowledge (even though they weren't officially owners at the time) only to sack the guy after a terribly difficult start to the season. And like its all HIS fault.
I would have had more respect if one not the new owners and Huw had flown to Italy in the summer and said to him "we wanted to try something different, sorry to mess you around here's an enhanced pay off and thanks".
Instead of torturing the poor fella who wasn't in the best of health in some macabre dark comic-tragedy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024