Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports report takeover imminent 11:50 - Jun 1 with 17132 viewsCliffTop

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10301015/sky-sources-swansea-city-t

Looks like we could start to hear some more news on this - maybe lead to announcing some signings, new kit, stadium expansion - or maybe we will hear bugger all
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:39 - Jun 1 with 2553 viewsjack247

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:29 - Jun 1 by pikeypaul

The coont Morgan is already worth £60 million I think his "family" are already set up.

Wasn't he one of the shareholders initially kept in the dark?
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:46 - Jun 1 with 2533 viewsDr_Winston

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:39 - Jun 1 by jack247

Nobody seems to know for sure. Or if indeed 50% of the Morgan stake may be up for grabs for other, non football related reasons.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:50 - Jun 1 with 2511 viewsmorningstar

Ha ha ha ha ha! Nice one Tim I like it son!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:58 - Jun 1 with 2476 viewslondonlisa2001

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 17:11 - Jun 1 by londonlisa2001

Only four possibilities exist:
(1) Sky Sports has made this up (seems unlikely to me - yes on transfers, can't see why they would for this with such certainty)

(2) Sky Sports have been fed the story by either current owners or new owners either one of which are lying about how far the deal is progressed.

(3) Sky sports have been fed the story by either current owners or new owners who are telling the truth in which case:
(a) the Trust is lying about how much it knows at this point or
(b) the Trust is completely in the dark in which case it hasn't for whatever reason asserted any of its rights under either the Shareholders agreement or company law.

I very much hope it's not either of the options in (3) otherwise we really are buggered. Not because the deal is necessarily bad, but because the Trust is finished if that is the case as anything other than a supporters' interest group.

IF and I repeat IF the current report on sky sports news is true, then can I ask Ux or Phil or anyone else involved whether 3(a) or 3(b) is true from my earlier post (above for ease).

And if it is 3(b) why hasn't the Trust asserted its rights under either the shareholders' agreement or company law?

As I say, this is a big IF it is true - if not then someone is feeding this to Sky without it being true which is entirely possible.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 22:00 - Jun 1 with 2467 viewsvetchonian

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:52 - Jun 1 by Uxbridge

It was in the 70% I believe, but TV money goes up almost 50% this season.

I'm not saying investment wouldn't be a good thing. If someone could come in and raise the funds to extend the stadium and finish the training facilities then that'd be superb. I'm far from convinced the yanks will do that ... we simply don't know.

However, this club has been self-sufficient for the last 12 years, and increased TV money makes that easier, not harder.

The one big thing about this sale of our club is that those who "rescued" the club they said they loved from the hands of persons who only cared about what they could make have now sold us out to the same situation . As Uxbridge states from a financial situation we will now probably be at our best in all our time in the PL we have developed the clubs infrastructure ( academy and Fairwood) during this time. We see no investment a t this time from our new owners .......something isn't right in all of this and I worry where it will end

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 22:02 - Jun 1 with 2488 viewsWatchman

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:25 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

The Trust also benefited from the dividend. To be honest I had no problems with people getting a nice return on the work that they did over the period up until those dividends were paid.They'd earned those as far as I was concerned.

What we've seen lately is those supposed "by the fans, for the fans" principles that we were apparently run by kicked to the curb with all alacrity as soon as a whacking great profit raised it's ugly head.

In what way has the Trust benefitted! it has a stack of worthless cash (that some members of the board would never been used to buy existing share options!!) that it can do nothing with

worse case scenario it all goes to wrack and ruin and any future owner knows that the trust has a shed load of cash to save their beloved cloob!
If Tan was seen to have taken as much cash out (in the open) as the owners here then we would have ripped into that lot in the East.
When Mary Mungo and Midge were seen on Twutter drinking champers in the AFC boardroom! sign of just classless, couldnt give a fugh, you jack tvvats! sign there ever was

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 22:06 - Jun 1 with 2453 viewsjack247

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:50 - Jun 1 by morningstar

Ha ha ha ha ha! Nice one Tim I like it son!

Only what was reported Gar. I don't know if it's true any more than you do
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 22:07 - Jun 1 with 2446 viewspikeypaul

Was he ?

If he and the trust stuck together I do not think the others would be on a very good position and the takeover highly unlikely.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 22:15 - Jun 1 with 2400 viewsBig_Phil

Should we wait for an official statement from the Trust before we get the knives and pitchforks out??

Just a thought....
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 23:47 - Jun 1 with 2266 viewsdobjack2

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 19:27 - Jun 1 by Highjack

And the creatures outside looked from pig to man and man to pig and back again, but already it was impossible to tell which was which.

The pigs started trying on the men's clothes during the failed attempt at a sale.

Once that was thwarted it was obvious that the pigs and the rest of the animals had differing agendas. The animals representatives were naive in the extreme if they thought otherwise. It would be harsh to describe the animals representative with the pigs as boxer but the reality is they convinced him that he was their friend until they had no further need for him. Then it was off to the glue factory for their profit.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 00:00 - Jun 2 with 2251 viewsmorningstar

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 22:06 - Jun 1 by jack247

Only what was reported Gar. I don't know if it's true any more than you do

No of course not. Bless you my son.

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 05:22 - Jun 2 with 2193 viewsjack247

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 00:00 - Jun 2 by morningstar

No of course not. Bless you my son.

Come on Gar, you're better than soft patronising and smilies. Just say what's on your mind mun
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 07:08 - Jun 2 with 2145 viewsDr_Winston

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 22:02 - Jun 1 by Watchman

In what way has the Trust benefitted! it has a stack of worthless cash (that some members of the board would never been used to buy existing share options!!) that it can do nothing with

worse case scenario it all goes to wrack and ruin and any future owner knows that the trust has a shed load of cash to save their beloved cloob!
If Tan was seen to have taken as much cash out (in the open) as the owners here then we would have ripped into that lot in the East.
When Mary Mungo and Midge were seen on Twutter drinking champers in the AFC boardroom! sign of just classless, couldnt give a fugh, you jack tvvats! sign there ever was

You answered your own question with your third sentence. If it all goes to shit The Trust has a much bigger cash reserve to use.

The dividends weren't in themselves inherently wrong or "evil". I'd have been happy for them to continue if the current ownership split had also remained in place. In that case those same shareholders could ultimately have made even more cash if they had the nerve to hold the course and not cash in now.

The seemingly cavalier way they've gone about trying to hawk the club out to any passing buyer without even knowing who they're selling to in full is the big problem here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:50 - Jun 2 with 1995 viewsmorningstar

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 05:22 - Jun 2 by jack247

Come on Gar, you're better than soft patronising and smilies. Just say what's on your mind mun

Ok Tim. I didn't mean to patronise you, just the time of night, but honestly your being more than a little naive if you think that other board members entered into any negotiation of a sale of their shares (including Martins mind!) without MM knowing exactly what was going on all the way down the line. (no smiley as i know you don't like them)

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 17:26 - Jun 2 with 1931 viewstomdickharry

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 22:15 - Jun 1 by Big_Phil

Should we wait for an official statement from the Trust before we get the knives and pitchforks out??

Just a thought....

Spot on, as far as I can see the last piece of official news from the Trust was -

Where do we go from here — Part 4

April 21, 2016
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 18:55 - Jun 2 with 1869 viewsmax936

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 17:26 - Jun 2 by tomdickharry

Spot on, as far as I can see the last piece of official news from the Trust was -

April 21, 2016

"Where do we go from here" become another Wimbledon in our case Swansea United

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 19:48 - Jun 2 with 1831 viewsOldjack

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 18:55 - Jun 2 by max936

"Where do we go from here" become another Wimbledon in our case Swansea United

i said it before and i'll say it again if this lot rape us ,Huw and co had better walk in the shadows ,they've had enough warnings about this lot ,they've sold to the only buyers they could find to make a massive quick buck is the thoughts of many many people atm

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 20:39 - Jun 2 with 1792 viewsMillie

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 17:26 - Jun 2 by tomdickharry

April 21, 2016

perhaps nothing has happened from then until now, I'm all for information but not just for the sake of it
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 20:44 - Jun 2 with 1785 viewslondonlisa2001

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 20:39 - Jun 2 by Millie

perhaps nothing has happened from then until now, I'm all for information but not just for the sake of it

I agree with that, but when Sky and now the Post are reporting it's done, you would expect a comment if that is not true?
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:09 - Jun 2 with 1731 viewsjack247

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:50 - Jun 2 by morningstar

Ok Tim. I didn't mean to patronise you, just the time of night, but honestly your being more than a little naive if you think that other board members entered into any negotiation of a sale of their shares (including Martins mind!) without MM knowing exactly what was going on all the way down the line. (no smiley as i know you don't like them)

It did strike me as far fetched, but I'm pretty sure Phil S had said that (either to the best of his, or the trusts knowledge, I can't remember), MM was one of the shareholders kept in the dark, alomg with the trust.

Given Phils position with the trust, I wouldn't have thought he would have said that if he didn't think it was true. More likely to have just not commented or said he didn't know. That's all I was basing it on.

BTW smilies don't bother me, I just don't like the way some people use them to belittle others or use them as a weak attempt to give a shit post credibility. Not you, as your posts don't need a crutch. The likes of Monmouth, Lohegrin, Lisa etc don't seem to use them every ther as they don't need to.

I use them all the time on Whatsapp and Facebook!

Cue a reply with smilies in it.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:11 - Jun 2 with 1724 viewsJackfath

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:09 - Jun 2 by jack247

It did strike me as far fetched, but I'm pretty sure Phil S had said that (either to the best of his, or the trusts knowledge, I can't remember), MM was one of the shareholders kept in the dark, alomg with the trust.

Given Phils position with the trust, I wouldn't have thought he would have said that if he didn't think it was true. More likely to have just not commented or said he didn't know. That's all I was basing it on.

BTW smilies don't bother me, I just don't like the way some people use them to belittle others or use them as a weak attempt to give a shit post credibility. Not you, as your posts don't need a crutch. The likes of Monmouth, Lohegrin, Lisa etc don't seem to use them every ther as they don't need to.

I don't use them either my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:18 - Jun 2 with 1705 viewsjack247

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:11 - Jun 2 by Jackfath

I don't use them either my friend.

Sorry Jackfath, didn't mean to exclude you
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:44 - Jun 2 with 1656 viewsMillie

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 20:44 - Jun 2 by londonlisa2001

I agree with that, but when Sky and now the Post are reporting it's done, you would expect a comment if that is not true?

Who knows, but the point I was making to TDH is that perhaps nothing had happened to warrant a statement until now, putting out statements for the sake of it is pointless IMHO
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 22:00 - Jun 2 with 1628 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 20:44 - Jun 2 by londonlisa2001

Perhaps the b*****ds are too ashamed to comment or show their faces after this sell out to end all sell outs??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 22:10 - Jun 2 with 1608 viewsmorningstar

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 21:09 - Jun 2 by jack247

Of course it's far fetched Tim. Phil has to report what he is told, and his position at this moment surely doesn't allow him to give his personal opinion of what he believes to be the truth or not.
I prefer not to use smilies to patronise or belittle people, hence my simple 'wink' smiley to you in my last post that you referred to (although sometimes it helps!). But i must correct you as Lisa only a few days ago replied to a post of mine with a which i may add i felt quite comfortable with. Jackfath of course doesn't need to use smilies as you only have to look at his avatar to put a smile on your face. But I disagree with Monmouth and Lohegrin who both use them randomly when needs must.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024