Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Taylor 08:52 - Mar 6 with 5795 viewsBenJ94

I've been getting a lot of stick from a mate of mine because I apparently seem to slag Taylor off a lot, but when I give a reason as to why I'm having a go, his excuse is "he doesn't have help from the winger" so we had this discussion yesterday again, and questioned him if it was the wingers fault he sh!t out on numerous tackles, give the ball away on more than 1 occasion etc, so am I being harsh? I personally think his time is up, he doesn't add anything to our attack or defence! What's your opinions?
Neil Taylor on 08:55 - Mar 6 with 3543 viewsmagicdaps10

Taylor is extremely over rated by some at our club.

Van Anholt and Jetro Williams are full backs we should be looking at come the summer.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Neil Taylor on 08:58 - Mar 6 with 3522 viewsBrynmill_Jack

To be frank, (if I may), I was utterly aghast when I saw his name on the teamsheet yesterday. Kingsley deserves his chance after arsenal . And so did Fer in place of Leon.
The manager was wrong to pick such a defensive side yet again and I'm wondering if he is receiving the team sheet in hospital via the boardroom as a 'cc' along with Curtis TBH.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Neil Taylor on 09:17 - Mar 6 with 3468 viewsperchrockjack

MAate list needs culling at times.
I trim my list of chums regularly to keep it fresh.

Taylor is not a bottler but he is average and we desperately needed to replace him as we did Rangel.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Neil Taylor on 09:23 - Mar 6 with 3440 viewsSwaneeRiver

Second half yesterday when we were attacking, several occasions we (those in the South East) were screaming at him to run forward into the wide position and cross or take the ball in.
Several times he failed to take that option.
Also I saw someone slip two or three times in his defensive position in or around the defensive box. I couldn't tell if that was him or not.
However TBH after Wednesday I felt Kingsley deserved a run
Neil Taylor on 09:26 - Mar 6 with 3423 viewsmagicdaps10

He is average at best, anyone who thinks he offers anything that is required as a premier league full back knows little about football.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Neil Taylor on 10:10 - Mar 6 with 3331 viewsangryjack

he is worst left back in league,fact
Neil Taylor on 10:15 - Mar 6 with 3297 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Neil Taylor on 10:10 - Mar 6 by angryjack

he is worst left back in league,fact

Do you think Huw's sentimentality is keeping him and Rangel in the side? Because I can't think of another reason

Neil Taylor on 10:20 - Mar 6 with 3280 viewsAngelRangelQS

Neil Taylor on 10:15 - Mar 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Do you think Huw's sentimentality is keeping him and Rangel in the side? Because I can't think of another reason

The other reasons are that Tabanou turned out to be a disaster and Naughton isn't much better (than Rangel).

One of the main roots of all our problems this season has been poor recruitment for the last two seasons. The other was Monk being allowed to overhaul our style of play
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Taylor on 10:24 - Mar 6 with 3251 viewsperchrockjack

Aint that the case brother but question has to be asked as to who saw these players and what did they see in Eder Naughton and TAB

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Neil Taylor on 10:27 - Mar 6 with 3244 viewstomdickharry

This summer will be very bust for whoever is our Manager and both full back position are around top of the wanted list,Taylor poor yesterday but will probably keep the spot until we are safe.
Neil Taylor on 10:32 - Mar 6 with 3217 viewsskippyjack

Neil Taylor on 08:55 - Mar 6 by magicdaps10

Van Anholt and Jetro Williams are full backs we should be looking at come the summer.

Van Aanholt?.. are you being serious?.. i have seen people mention him quite a lot on here.. take the goggles off ffs.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Neil Taylor on 10:32 - Mar 6 with 3212 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Neil Taylor on 08:55 - Mar 6 by magicdaps10

Van Anholt is terrific going forward but is utterly useless at defending.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Neil Taylor on 10:42 - Mar 6 with 3181 viewsDr_Winston

No better or worse than usual yesterday. Obviously he shouldn't still be our first choice, but that's not his fault.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Neil Taylor on 10:52 - Mar 6 with 3134 viewsskippyjack

Neil Taylor on 09:17 - Mar 6 by perchrockjack

MAate list needs culling at times.
I trim my list of chums regularly to keep it fresh.

Taylor is not a bottler but he is average and we desperately needed to replace him as we did Rangel.

Perch.. we are average.. have you been watching us for the last 5 years?

We don't need to replace him.. we need someone who is younger... full of heart, determination, commitment, work ethic up and down the wing.. not somebody who hesitates to get into position, hesitates to get forward, afraid to use his right foot, swing in a dangerous cross.. in fact we need more of these up and comers..

Step up Stephen of Kingsley.. Jay the Fulton.. and Modou wheel Barrow.. from the limited opportunities they have been superb.. and the dross we have seen this season.. it gives us hope that they can transition.. Kingsley has been superb when given an opportunity.. hopefully Guidolin can see the quality they have.. they have been the only positive this season.

Fulton > Britton
Barrow > Routledge
Amat > Fernandez
Kingsley > Taylor

hopefully it will give the old guard a kick up the rear.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Neil Taylor on 10:52 - Mar 6 with 3134 viewsWarwickHunt

Neil Taylor on 10:32 - Mar 6 by Joe_bradshaw

Van Anholt is terrific going forward but is utterly useless at defending.

50% better than Taylor then.
Neil Taylor on 11:05 - Mar 6 with 3094 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Neil Taylor on 10:52 - Mar 6 by skippyjack

Perch.. we are average.. have you been watching us for the last 5 years?

We don't need to replace him.. we need someone who is younger... full of heart, determination, commitment, work ethic up and down the wing.. not somebody who hesitates to get into position, hesitates to get forward, afraid to use his right foot, swing in a dangerous cross.. in fact we need more of these up and comers..

Step up Stephen of Kingsley.. Jay the Fulton.. and Modou wheel Barrow.. from the limited opportunities they have been superb.. and the dross we have seen this season.. it gives us hope that they can transition.. Kingsley has been superb when given an opportunity.. hopefully Guidolin can see the quality they have.. they have been the only positive this season.

Fulton > Britton
Barrow > Routledge
Amat > Fernandez
Kingsley > Taylor

hopefully it will give the old guard a kick up the rear.

Don't forget Cork you loon

Neil Taylor on 11:09 - Mar 6 with 3071 viewsJack_Kass

He's incredibly limited.

'But his only job is to defend and that's good enough' errr not at the top level, I'm afraid.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Neil Taylor on 11:38 - Mar 6 with 3001 viewsLoyal

Both left and right back signings must be made, or at least get Kingsley in to the side.
He has more nouse than four Taylor's.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Neil Taylor on 11:50 - Mar 6 with 2974 viewsClinton

Neil Taylor on 10:15 - Mar 6 by Brynmill_Jack

It's probably Ash wants him there. Familiarity. Obviously Kingsley on the cusp of replacing Taylor. I wonder how long it will takes the "fans" to identify the next scapegoat.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Neil Taylor on 12:00 - Mar 6 with 2944 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Neil Taylor on 11:50 - Mar 6 by Clinton

It's probably Ash wants him there. Familiarity. Obviously Kingsley on the cusp of replacing Taylor. I wonder how long it will takes the "fans" to identify the next scapegoat.

By "scapegoat" are you suggesting that the fans should not identify the short comings of our players?
Neil Taylor on 12:16 - Mar 6 with 2906 viewsSwaneeRiver

Neil Taylor on 12:00 - Mar 6 by A_Fans_Dad

By "scapegoat" are you suggesting that the fans should not identify the short comings of our players?

I for one don't do scapegoats, but I agree with you that several (Taylor, Leon, Ayew) are falling short of what we need ATM, whilst Gomis is in reverse.
None of these are scapegoats, just all highly paid professionals who we know can do better on their day.
Neil Taylor on 13:08 - Mar 6 with 2828 views1973scott

NT stats: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/31558/Show/Neil-Taylor
Neil Taylor on 14:21 - Mar 6 with 2740 viewsTheKirkyLife

Taylor has rightly been named one of our better players during the bad period, that does not make him a player that should be starting every week.

I feel Kingsley has certainly deserved a shot in the first team for a bit and I am a big fan of Jetro Williams - though I don't think we could afford him. Van Aanholt is useless in defence.

I'm really not sure what LB we could look to get but I do think selling Davies created a hole which Monk was convinced Taylor could fill.
Neil Taylor on 14:44 - Mar 6 with 2706 viewsjackedup

Neil Taylor on 08:58 - Mar 6 by Brynmill_Jack

To be frank, (if I may), I was utterly aghast when I saw his name on the teamsheet yesterday. Kingsley deserves his chance after arsenal . And so did Fer in place of Leon.
The manager was wrong to pick such a defensive side yet again and I'm wondering if he is receiving the team sheet in hospital via the boardroom as a 'cc' along with Curtis TBH.

I don't rate Taylor, and he has benefitted from not having enough competition.
But it is very unreasonable to criticise Guidolin for not starting Kingsley on two days' rest, when according to Curtis, he was cramping up badly and having problems with his back and other areas.
I imagine Kingsley would have been very sore on Thursday and Friday, and in no condition to start Saturday.
Besides, he has a history of back problems, so if you don't rest him adequately between matches, you are taking unreasonable risks.
Neil Taylor on 14:47 - Mar 6 with 2696 viewssP7qupUf

Go on the Sunderland forum and see what they think of Van Anholt!! They hate him and think that he is a total disaster. Interestingly, Sunderland are the team with the joint least clean sheets in the league. I'm not a great supporter of Taylor and think that we need a better option, but at this level we need fullbacks that can attack but also defend. After all, the full back's first job is to defend. Van Anholt can't defend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024