Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official - Curt in for the season as manager 17:58 - Jan 7 with 28940 viewsAl_Bundy

nt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:39 - Jan 7 with 1583 viewsThurrockJack92

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 by lovejuicejack

It's the board who are going to be getting it in the neck not curt he's just helping out.

That is the way it should be but I have no doubt there will be some who get on his back if results don't go our way.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:39 - Jan 7 with 1582 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Surely someone like Poyet or Pearson would have been interested?

I appreciate these maybe aren't what we need long term but we'd have at least had a chance of staying up.

Can anyone honestly see us preparing for life in the Premier League next season?

If that's the standard then I would go with Alan Curtis.

It's not ideal, but do you think they would want a 5 month contract with very little chance of an extension?
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:40 - Jan 7 with 1577 viewslondonlisa2001

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Surely someone like Poyet or Pearson would have been interested?

I appreciate these maybe aren't what we need long term but we'd have at least had a chance of staying up.

Can anyone honestly see us preparing for life in the Premier League next season?

Yes - I can actually.

I think that this may be one of those occasions where the Liberty crowd is galvanised behind the team and behind one of the favourite sons, and we will stay up on a crest of support.

But we have to do what we can to make it possible and ship out a couple of deadweights and get in a striker with the money we have just saved.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:40 - Jan 7 with 1577 viewsdailew

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:22 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

I simply can't believe that we couldn't find a manager willing to take a job in the Premier League. Chances are we weren't offering enough money or a long enough contract.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:24]

TBH I'd rather we live within our means and go down than get tens of millions into debt due to overpaying some cheque-book manager and staying up at any cost.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:41 - Jan 7 with 1566 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 by monmouth

5 points from every five games would keep us up no problem I reckon. So results so far have actually been fine with 3 away 2 home and two of those at big beasts. Life aint that simple though. Looking at past history last night from teams that have gone down with 18/19 points at this stage and they've all pretty much folded in the last 18 games, normally ending with 30-32-35 points.

So, based on that I would propose that the whole see saw may well rest on the next two home games. Maybe even the next single one. Tipping point in my eyes. After all, if we can't beat Sunderland at home, then you probably have to ask, who can we beat? And likely tailspin would follow. Going to be a biggie.

Oxford is also important I think but for different reasons. Even with a semi reserve team a defeat would add to the general gloom ,whereas a win lifts the place, even for players not playing. So I'm viewing that one through my fingers at the moment too. I'd prefer if it was Sunderland first.

A point a game from here on in gives us 37 points and probably a slightly better GD than the other sides around us.

Squeaky arse time if it comes to that.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:41 - Jan 7 with 1563 viewsSgorioFruit

So Curt is manager til end of season.
im 100% behind him, bit strange how things have been handled, but this is now the time to be looking forward and planning ahead.
I strongly think Curt can keep us up providing we can put that ball into the net, the rest of our game is spot on. I think we need a striker asap. The ones we have now are not performing, or its just not going their way, I don't know, but a new pair of legs on the pitch will do wonders, hopefully he will bang em in and also it could give Gomis a boot up the ass to get scoring.

Judging by recent form Curtis can keep us up, he knows the team inside out, he knows what needs to be done. Im not even gona think about the board and try work out their thinking, just hope they release some cash for Curt to spend asap.

UP THE JACKS.
ALAN CURTIS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:42]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:41 - Jan 7 with 1553 viewsNogginthenog

Seemed inevitable he'd get the job, now let's hope he can pull the correct strings. I'm reasonable confident he will.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:41 - Jan 7 with 1553 viewsJack1

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:12 - Jan 7 by lovejuicejack

Sorry I think your wrong, they may have to much quality but if they are not producing it which they are not we could well go down.

Since Monk went and we've reverted to our tried and tested passing game we have been a lot better throughout the team. A decent striker will not only hold the ball up but will bring others into play. If we get a player of that type we will be fine.
Login to get fewer ads

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:42 - Jan 7 with 1540 viewsplasjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:40 - Jan 7 by dailew

TBH I'd rather we live within our means and go down than get tens of millions into debt due to overpaying some cheque-book manager and staying up at any cost.

I agree but what do we owe Monk?.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:43 - Jan 7 with 1525 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:39 - Jan 7 by 3swan

If that's the standard then I would go with Alan Curtis.

It's not ideal, but do you think they would want a 5 month contract with very little chance of an extension?

Of course they wouldn't have wanted that.

But it would have significantly increased our chances of staying up IMO.

Give me Poyet and Pearson over Curtis any day
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:44 - Jan 7 with 1516 viewsexiledclaseboy

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:40 - Jan 7 by dailew

I agree with you. I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort.

Poll: Tory leader

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:44 - Jan 7 with 1516 viewsSgorioFruit

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 by dailew

All the best Curt.

Up to the players now. Don't need anyone in January unless someone leaves. That squad is easily strong enough to stay up.

Whatever happens it's exciting times ahead.

Club legend at the helm giving it everything to keep our status in the world's biggest league. What's not to like?

exciting maybe..

it's a bit "shit your pants" nervy time for me

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:45 - Jan 7 with 1504 viewsAyewSerious

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:02 - Jan 7 by raynor94

Poor decision, but I'm 100% behind him

You cannot say it is a poor decision without knowing what the other options were. The only other option we know about is keeping monk in the first place... But judging from the improvement since, it seems like that WOULD have been a poor decision.

The board arent stupid, i am assuming this was our only play.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:46 - Jan 7 with 1490 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:39 - Jan 7 by ThurrockJack92

That is the way it should be but I have no doubt there will be some who get on his back if results don't go our way.

Well I'm fairly sure they will be put straight in no uncertain terms when it comes to AC
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:46 - Jan 7 with 1495 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:40 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

Yes - I can actually.

I think that this may be one of those occasions where the Liberty crowd is galvanised behind the team and behind one of the favourite sons, and we will stay up on a crest of support.

But we have to do what we can to make it possible and ship out a couple of deadweights and get in a striker with the money we have just saved.

IF we strengthen in January (and replace anyone who we sell) then I would tend to agree with you.

Personally though I only see disappointment at the end of the window. Maybe that's this season squeezing all optimism from me but the sounds from the club over signings haven't exactly been positive.

Don't know how we've saved money though. We're still probably paying for two managers (Monk and Curtis) until at least summer
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:47 - Jan 7 with 1490 viewsdameedna

Worst is this goes bad and Alan's health is affected.

Best is Alan keeps us up and we get some transfer business done.

Got to be optimistic.

Still the best time to follow this club.

Alan is well connected but we have good players and recently selections and performances have improved.

Injuries need to be avoided the starting with Oxford.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:47 - Jan 7 with 1474 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:43 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Of course they wouldn't have wanted that.

But it would have significantly increased our chances of staying up IMO.

Give me Poyet and Pearson over Curtis any day

So if they wouldn't come on a five month contract, what should we have offered.
We've already had a thread about our financial position, what amount should we risk on a new manager & staff, and new players
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:49 - Jan 7 with 1440 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:45 - Jan 7 by AyewSerious

You cannot say it is a poor decision without knowing what the other options were. The only other option we know about is keeping monk in the first place... But judging from the improvement since, it seems like that WOULD have been a poor decision.

The board arent stupid, i am assuming this was our only play.

How do you know the board ain't stupid?
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:50 - Jan 7 with 1427 viewslondonlisa2001

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:46 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

IF we strengthen in January (and replace anyone who we sell) then I would tend to agree with you.

Personally though I only see disappointment at the end of the window. Maybe that's this season squeezing all optimism from me but the sounds from the club over signings haven't exactly been positive.

Don't know how we've saved money though. We're still probably paying for two managers (Monk and Curtis) until at least summer

Saved an enormous amount on whatever we offered to someone like Bielsa to come here is what I was referring to.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:51 - Jan 7 with 1415 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:47 - Jan 7 by 3swan

So if they wouldn't come on a five month contract, what should we have offered.
We've already had a thread about our financial position, what amount should we risk on a new manager & staff, and new players

Sorry I meant we should have offered them a longer contract.

Are we agreed that we are basically hoping that Curtis can keep us up this season so we can appoint a top notch manager in the summer?

Very risky if so
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:51 - Jan 7 with 1409 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:49 - Jan 7 by lovejuicejack

How do you know the board ain't stupid?

Relegation takes their multi million pounds of shares with it.

That doesn't give my answer of whether they are stupid
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:52 - Jan 7 with 1389 viewsLandore_Jack

Signing new players may become difficult. They will know that a new manger will be joining at the end of season, and there is a risk that they may not feature within the new managers plan.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:53]

#backtojack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:53 - Jan 7 with 1376 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:51 - Jan 7 by 3swan

Relegation takes their multi million pounds of shares with it.

That doesn't give my answer of whether they are stupid

Out of interest if we did go down how much valve would they lose on the shares?
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:53 - Jan 7 with 1378 viewsjojaca

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:46 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Sky Sports News is parading every club in the January Transfer Window with potential in's and outs bar ourselves. The only time we have been mentioned is when the reporter mentioned about going to see what Watford are up to and he accidentally clicked on us and page was blank.

Even when you know, you never know?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:53 - Jan 7 with 1365 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:51 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Sorry I meant we should have offered them a longer contract.

Are we agreed that we are basically hoping that Curtis can keep us up this season so we can appoint a top notch manager in the summer?

Very risky if so

Yes we are agreed, it is about hoping for success.
I think it's a position forced on the board, mainly for waiting too long instead of reacting to what we saw on the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024