Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Dismay around the change of manager..... 13:00 - Dec 4 with 10404 viewsDougal_RBlock

Sometimes this MB really amazes me, the negativity around the imminent appointment of JFH is unbelievable.

I for one, have a little bit of optimism for once about this one.

For all those calling for Warnock to be given the job full time. It was made clear from the outset that this was never gonna happen, don't forget this is a manager who had retired and made it clear numerous times that he want's an upstairs job.
Yes he might have caught the bug back now, but what happens in mid feb when were playing rubbish away to Bolton and the fans all get on his back? Will he fancy it then?

I'm not doubting the work he's done since he took charge, but tbh anyone could have done a better job than Ramsey (i was never happy with his appointment).
What I'm saying is, lets get behind JFH. Let's not start with the usual doom and gloom.

Some posters have already given him nicknames as if he's set up to fail FFS!

Some will say this is Ferdinand on a mission, some will say this could be a Les Hoos masterstroke, others will just hope he fails to get on TF's case again.

The way I see it, we have appointed an up and coming manager who has worked his "apprenticeship" in Belguim and then the lower leagues.

THIS COULD BE REALLY GOOD!
I can't remember the last time QPR poached another manager from a club that is doing well.

Some of the managers I remember in my lifetime are ;
Houston, Harford, Waddock, Dowie, Gregory, Di Canio, Magilton, Sousa, Hart, Hughes, Redkanpp, Holloway and Warnock.

I mean come on??? Other than the last 3 (Redknapp because of Wembley) that is an awful list. So for me once again QPR are doing something new, which I'm going to go along with and will give him more than just this season to prove himself.
Just look at what Gary Rowett has done at Birmingham and he started at Burton.
There are positives here, so let's get behind him and the team.

C'mon you f**king suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper
The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 16:29 - Dec 4 with 1995 viewsWilloW4

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 16:22 - Dec 4 by WilloW4

Talking to a couple of Brentford fans today, they both thought that your new fella could do a decent job at griffin park and I'm inclined to agree..as for Jimmy I wish him well, he's not Redknapp so that's gotta be a step in the right direction.

Ps. I think I must have dozed off when Ramsey was at Rangers.
The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 16:34 - Dec 4 with 1984 viewsTacticalR

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 16:18 - Dec 4 by paulparker

Sorry but what Dismay ??
as far as I can see 99.9% of this MB is in favour of JFH ,
NW is infectious and im his biggest fan , but the future is with Jimmy

Damn. No controversy. I'm heading off to another message board.

Air hostess clique

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 16:39 - Dec 4 with 1972 viewsjamois

I'm not seeing much dismay. I think the fact that we'd won a couple of games made people suddenly a bit wary of not touching what they think doesn't require fixing. Then again the last of those victories was against a lame duck team who've just sacked their manager as a consequence of crap performances like Thursday's, and I'm certain our performance wasn't exactly miles better. So it's clearly best for everyone to put their murky crystal balls away and just get on with supporting our new boss.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 17:14 - Dec 4 with 1911 viewsQPunkR

Agree with the OP in general. I'm happy with the appointment of JFH - one gripe though, what the fúck has Gigi di Canio ever done to you to be included in that awful list?!?

QPR - "shit but local"

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 19:23 - Dec 4 with 1781 viewsloftus77

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 14:20 - Dec 4 by BurtonBrewer

Good luck Rangers, hope Jimmy brings you the instant success he has given us. Merry Xmas to the hoops.

Thanks very much, mate. To you all too.

Jeez, Burton seem an excellent club in every respect don't they? Even their fans.

Which makes me worry if JFH will be up to the huge challenge of moving from order to chaos...
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 19:26]
The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 19:28 - Dec 4 with 1774 viewsPommyhoop

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 15:31 - Dec 4 by BurtonBrewer

Many thanks, looks likely that Nigel clough could be returning to us.
A little insight into Jimmy Floyd for you....
We became a very hard team to break down, he worked wonders in my opinion , our midfield worked their socks off and provided lots of goals, good thing with our very limited resources. Nasser el Kahati is a great tricky winger and a real goal threat and I feel that Jimmy will be chasing him for yourselves very shortly. Very sad to see him leave, a genuinely nice guy..

Thanks for your comments BB. Good man!
When we got Mark Hughes a Man City fan posted a full on letter on here telling us what a prick he was. He was right.
Then we got Harry Redknapp and this MB was invaded by a load of Southampton fans telling us what a c'nt he was. They were right.
Thanks again for your posts and obviously I hope you are right.
Cheers !

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 19:44 - Dec 4 with 1752 viewsbrad

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 14:20 - Dec 4 by BurtonBrewer

Good luck Rangers, hope Jimmy brings you the instant success he has given us. Merry Xmas to the hoops.

even though i wanted warnock,till the end of the season,then give J.F.H the job with a clean slate,a pre-season to work with the players,im very happy to have him now and hope we all get behind him and the team.
The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 20:11 - Dec 4 with 1714 viewsDougal_RBlock

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 17:14 - Dec 4 by QPunkR

Agree with the OP in general. I'm happy with the appointment of JFH - one gripe though, what the fúck has Gigi di Canio ever done to you to be included in that awful list?!?

QPunkR it was more meant as had anyone heard of him when before we appointed him....
Agreed at the time that he had us playing much better football than we had seen for a few years.
Login to get fewer ads

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 20:25 - Dec 4 with 1703 viewsPommyhoop

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 19:28 - Dec 4 by Pommyhoop

Thanks for your comments BB. Good man!
When we got Mark Hughes a Man City fan posted a full on letter on here telling us what a prick he was. He was right.
Then we got Harry Redknapp and this MB was invaded by a load of Southampton fans telling us what a c'nt he was. They were right.
Thanks again for your posts and obviously I hope you are right.
Cheers !

Oh by the way BB did you and your mates sing any variation of the manager's club colour Army song?
If so how did you manage Jimmy's rather long name?
Did you go for the full monty?
Did you go for JF H's ( my preferred option)
or just Hasslebank's

Just wondering like.

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 20:36 - Dec 4 with 1692 viewsBurtonBrewer

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 20:25 - Dec 4 by Pommyhoop

Oh by the way BB did you and your mates sing any variation of the manager's club colour Army song?
If so how did you manage Jimmy's rather long name?
Did you go for the full monty?
Did you go for JF H's ( my preferred option)
or just Hasslebank's

Just wondering like.

We tried to sing the whole of his name ( Disaster ....we all sounded pissed ) lol.
Wait a minute were always pissed. We are a very small club 2500 loyal fans and loving the ride.
The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 21:08 - Dec 4 with 1645 viewsHollowayRanger

im going to be positive by making this my last post about hazzlewrong

least till after the burnley match

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 22:38 - Dec 4 with 1591 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 20:36 - Dec 4 by BurtonBrewer

We tried to sing the whole of his name ( Disaster ....we all sounded pissed ) lol.
Wait a minute were always pissed. We are a very small club 2500 loyal fans and loving the ride.

Wait a minute were always pissed.

To be fair, you were probably keeping the local economy going. Good effort.
The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 01:57 - Dec 5 with 1530 viewsade_qpr

Not having a shot at the change or anything. Just curious wondering how many times has a change of manager lead to a promotion in the same season, especially nearly half way thro?

I ask the question, wondering what the odds are for us to be promoted now.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 02:31 - Dec 5 with 1518 viewsPommyhoop

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 01:57 - Dec 5 by ade_qpr

Not having a shot at the change or anything. Just curious wondering how many times has a change of manager lead to a promotion in the same season, especially nearly half way thro?

Jimmy FH did just that at his last club.

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 06:44 - Dec 5 with 1437 viewsade_qpr

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 02:31 - Dec 5 by Pommyhoop

Jimmy FH did just that at his last club.

Yes thanks, love to see it happen again but looking for a bit bigger survey numbers

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 06:46 - Dec 5 with 1437 viewsCHUBBS

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

My sentiments exactly,it wouldn't surprise me if NW is back again some day taking over from another failed manager.
I'm happy to give JFH my backing however he was far from my first choice as manager.
He's lucky to be coming in with a confident Squad that NW turned round for him which will buy him some time with our impatient crowd.
When the going gets tough,let's hope Jimmy can get going.
The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 08:38 - Dec 5 with 1392 viewsBluce_Ree

Personally I reckon JFH will fail here. Not because of him or because he's the wrong appointment but because we are cursed.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 09:07 - Dec 5 with 1368 viewsnix

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 01:57 - Dec 5 by ade_qpr

I'm not having a go at you, just curious. Do you really want promotion this season? I think it would be a disaster. We're just not ready. Charlie is going at the end of the season, whatever happens, and good luck to him. So his goals wouldn't help us.

We're starting to build a decent side, but one more season in the Championship, bringing in more youth players - Kpekawa, Furlong and Doughty hopefully, plus a few cheapish buys. Then let them play as a unit and we might be onto something. This team would get slaughtered in the prem atm in my view. We still make too many mistakes that would be punished in the prem but we sometimes get away with at this level.

It's hard to get immediate success when you're rebuilding a team. Ask David Moyes or Brendan Rodgers. Much easier to come in when you've got a decent core of a side and you just have to tweak a bit. Mark Hughes being a prime example at Stoke after his disaster here. If we went up now, we'd have to bring in quite a few new players to compete which we can't afford and would destabilise us again. Just my view but I'd love a season of us actually winning a decent number of matches. Our long suffering fans deserve that!
The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 09:17 - Dec 5 with 1364 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 09:07 - Dec 5 by nix

I'm not having a go at you, just curious. Do you really want promotion this season? I think it would be a disaster. We're just not ready. Charlie is going at the end of the season, whatever happens, and good luck to him. So his goals wouldn't help us.

We're starting to build a decent side, but one more season in the Championship, bringing in more youth players - Kpekawa, Furlong and Doughty hopefully, plus a few cheapish buys. Then let them play as a unit and we might be onto something. This team would get slaughtered in the prem atm in my view. We still make too many mistakes that would be punished in the prem but we sometimes get away with at this level.

It's hard to get immediate success when you're rebuilding a team. Ask David Moyes or Brendan Rodgers. Much easier to come in when you've got a decent core of a side and you just have to tweak a bit. Mark Hughes being a prime example at Stoke after his disaster here. If we went up now, we'd have to bring in quite a few new players to compete which we can't afford and would destabilise us again. Just my view but I'd love a season of us actually winning a decent number of matches. Our long suffering fans deserve that!

There's a fair chunk of the season still to go, so let's see how things shape up. Sure, promotion looks improbable and a potential disaster now, but we aren't going to get promoted unless things improve. I'd still like us to bounce back straight away and, financially, I'd say TF still wants/needs it.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 09:23 - Dec 5 with 1356 viewsTheBlob

I'd like to know what are Jimmy's favourite numbers on the roulette table?
I suspect they may be 44 and 2......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 11:03 - Dec 5 with 1321 viewsade_qpr

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 09:07 - Dec 5 by nix

Understand what you are saying and you make many valid points. Me being slightly selfish wants the club in the Premier because I'm overseas so then I get to watch us every week compared to 8-10 times at best in the Championship. In saying that tho I want the club to go up with the ability to be competitive and survive playing some decent football rather than being roadkill that we have been for most of the last 3 Premier League seasons.

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 11:39 - Dec 5 with 1291 viewsQPunkR

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 20:11 - Dec 4 by Dougal_RBlock

QPunkR it was more meant as had anyone heard of him when before we appointed him....
Agreed at the time that he had us playing much better football than we had seen for a few years.

Ok cool, I thought you didn't approve of his brand of scoring like fúck football!
His team was truly a joy to behold! Doesn't sound like JFH will have us playing that same type of football, but I'm pretty pleased with his appointment. At the very least, it's promising that we held an actual interview process!

QPR - "shit but local"

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 11:56 - Dec 5 with 1272 viewsolderR

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 09:23 - Dec 5 by TheBlob

Said on his offish interview that he may also gamble on 4 and 33 depending on the day.
The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 12:13 - Dec 5 with 1258 viewsPunteR

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 09:23 - Dec 5 by TheBlob

442 might come back in fashion

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 12:25 - Dec 5 with 1079 viewsMick_S

The Dismay around the change of manager..... on 08:38 - Dec 5 by Bluce_Ree

Personally I reckon JFH will fail here. Not because of him or because he's the wrong appointment but because we are cursed.

I've got an idea - we get Barry Fry to pop down and p iss in all four corners and then we win the league.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024