Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
American fans getting the hang of footie? 10:36 - Aug 11 with 3131 viewsscottishjack

Scuffles between supporters of the two New York clubs before the derby match...Big rivalry out there, must go back at least 6 months?

American fans getting the hang of footie? on 10:52 - Aug 11 with 3091 viewsWarwickHunt

Not quite.

Sandwich boards and rubbish bags...

Mind you - a contretemps between that lot and the Karediff Cone Crew could be entertaining.

"No one was hurt when rival football gangs exchanged soft blunt objects at twenty paces. Police sources estimate that it will cost up to £20 for a bloke with a brush to clean and tidy up the mess".
American fans getting the hang of footie? on 13:04 - Aug 11 with 2980 viewsMarryGonk

I suppose I wouldn't be happy if Man City set up a reserve team in Swansea, but whatever.

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

American fans getting the hang of footie? on 13:52 - Aug 11 with 2913 viewsGreatBritton

To my mind, shouting abuse at opposition fans and threatening violence (but obviously not carrying out that threat) is very much the essence of supporting a football team.

I watched an AFL ('footy') game in Adelaide a couple of weeks ago and complained to the fans around me that it was all too peaceful. "Where's the hostility, where's the hatred?" I asked. The Aussies did not understand. Neither, I fear, would the Yanks.

It's like irony.
American fans getting the hang of footie? on 19:08 - Aug 11 with 2753 viewsOldjack

American fans getting the hang of footie? on 13:52 - Aug 11 by GreatBritton

To my mind, shouting abuse at opposition fans and threatening violence (but obviously not carrying out that threat) is very much the essence of supporting a football team.

I watched an AFL ('footy') game in Adelaide a couple of weeks ago and complained to the fans around me that it was all too peaceful. "Where's the hostility, where's the hatred?" I asked. The Aussies did not understand. Neither, I fear, would the Yanks.

It's like irony.

it'll be gunfire next ,bloody hooligans !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

American fans getting the hang of footie? on 19:14 - Aug 11 with 2747 viewsRancid

Once it takes off they'll be known as ''Soccer Terrorists''.
American fans getting the hang of footie? on 20:08 - Aug 11 with 2669 viewsPrivate_Partz

American fans getting the hang of footie? on 13:52 - Aug 11 by GreatBritton

It's like irony.

I think taking the p!SS should not be confused with threatening violence. There were a few baldies in that clip that looked up for it however. Footy does become a source of pride and very territorial and Uncle Sam is learning that it would seem. Let's hope they have the passion but don't let' it go back to the 70's over here when an away trip was abject misery unless you were physico skinhead.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

American fans getting the hang of footie? on 20:30 - Aug 11 with 2626 viewsNeath_Jack

Who are ya, who are ya, who are ya.

Ffs they wouldn't last two minutes with that "you wan sum" little chap, let alone somewhere like Middlesborough or Bermondsey.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024