Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Memorable pre-season Swans' games 21:43 - Jun 26 with 2512 viewsTNT

Swindon in '78, a league cup game in August, as was the norm back in the day.

Barcelona B, was a good game a few years ago too.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 22:01 - Jun 26 with 2485 viewsmonmouth

Villareal was pretty memorable in terms of a football lesson and very useful in blowing any vestige of an idea of trying to fanny around with 2 up front.

...occasionally glancing up through the boredom and pain, and watching for Sigs on the wing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 22:16 - Jun 26 with 2467 viewsmorningstar

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 22:01 - Jun 26 by monmouth

Villareal was pretty memorable in terms of a football lesson and very useful in blowing any vestige of an idea of trying to fanny around with 2 up front.

...occasionally glancing up through the boredom and pain, and watching for Sigs on the wing.

Try going to Newport and singing who's up Dudleys missus only for some guy too turn around and say "That's my son!"

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 22:23 - Jun 26 with 2447 viewssomersetsimon

Red Star Belgrade in about 1980. First time Jimmy Hadziabdic played. We beat them 7-1.
Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 22:38 - Jun 26 with 2421 viewsTNT

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 22:23 - Jun 26 by somersetsimon

Red Star Belgrade in about 1980. First time Jimmy Hadziabdic played. We beat them 7-1.

Great call mate!

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 10:04 - Jun 27 with 2291 viewsScoobyWho

I recall the 1-0 'friendly' win at Ninian, John Hughes scored the winner I think. I hope Scooby Doo doesn't mind me saying further myths were exploded that day.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 17:23 - Jun 27 with 2213 viewsTNT

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 10:04 - Jun 27 by ScoobyWho

I recall the 1-0 'friendly' win at Ninian, John Hughes scored the winner I think. I hope Scooby Doo doesn't mind me saying further myths were exploded that day.

I've seen every Swans game against them since '76, home and away, except that one, even when we were banned, which is a lot of games.

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 17:27 - Jun 27 with 2206 viewsTNT

Holland and Spain were good, so much better than Devon!

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 18:48 - Jun 27 with 2167 viewsIDroppedMyGuts

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 22:23 - Jun 26 by somersetsimon

The Red Star game wasn't pre-season ..... it was played around February 1981.
Login to get fewer ads

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 19:17 - Jun 27 with 2140 viewsScoobyWho

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 17:23 - Jun 27 by TNT

I've seen every Swans game against them since '76, home and away, except that one, even when we were banned, which is a lot of games.

I think it was a pretty late arrangement. We played Barry at ninian that season or close to it too. Oh the myths that keep on being exploded, where's my mate Scooby Doo 😂

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 20:15 - Jun 27 with 2117 viewstaffpunk

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 10:04 - Jun 27 by ScoobyWho

I've bit, I only read this site for ScoobyWho's normally excellent posts, whether they be about Punk Rock, politics, and/or off-field activities mostly before his time. I did post on here a couple of times years ago, because I wanted to keep in touch with an old Jack friend of mine, who sadly doesn't go to watch you anymore...the friendly game you mention, unless I'm mistaken, and I think there might have been 2 at NP around that era? Swansea bought about 30 on the train, one of them pretended to have a heart attack when the same number of us 'approached' them outside the Craddock Pub on Sloper Rd., even the OB were laughing, as they scattered into their protective arms.
I'm not going to get into the playground type chat of whose the 'hardest', but that day, there was only ever going to be one outcome...unless you're on about a different game ?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 22:12 - Jun 27 with 2059 viewsTNT

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 20:15 - Jun 27 by taffpunk

I've bit, I only read this site for ScoobyWho's normally excellent posts, whether they be about Punk Rock, politics, and/or off-field activities mostly before his time. I did post on here a couple of times years ago, because I wanted to keep in touch with an old Jack friend of mine, who sadly doesn't go to watch you anymore...the friendly game you mention, unless I'm mistaken, and I think there might have been 2 at NP around that era? Swansea bought about 30 on the train, one of them pretended to have a heart attack when the same number of us 'approached' them outside the Craddock Pub on Sloper Rd., even the OB were laughing, as they scattered into their protective arms.
I'm not going to get into the playground type chat of whose the 'hardest', but that day, there was only ever going to be one outcome...unless you're on about a different game ?

Can't say I've read about punk rock on here, but a great era.

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 22:22 - Jun 27 with 2045 viewsScoobyWho

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 20:15 - Jun 27 by taffpunk

Neath punk ? How's it going mush 👍

I think the incident you correctly refer to wasnt the game I am on about, the guy who had a heart attack was actually a stroke, I think ..... His name was Colin, as assume that was the incident, he died a year or so later. If that's the incident. Mind you there could have been a few 😂 there have been a few encounters between us where I wished I could fly and be at home with a nice cup of tea instead of being run around town or whatever. We both know the score there.

My time which I am not proud, but I'm happy to take it on the chin, sort of started around the FA cup game at ours, the Gilligan winner for Swansea. I would have been around 21 then. A few years later it was Toozy who surfaced somewhat belatedly and came up with the many I Have to say creative ways of us sharing some time together. The post was meant as a bite though, but as expected my close friend Scooby Doo has remained silent. If you are who I think you are we have spent a number of nights together at a variety of gigs across South Wales. The most recent may well have been Stigs memorial a couple of years back ?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 22:26]

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 01:14 - Jun 28 with 2001 viewsTNT

Schipluiden was a good crack.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 1:20]

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 07:18 - Jun 28 with 1953 viewsJackanapes

Swindon in 86 or 87. We beat them 5-2.I dont recall whether it was the season we blew promotion after being miles ahead(86/87) or when we snuck into the playoffs after a terrible start(87/88). Just remember being so excited for the season after we beat a team way higher up the football league than us. Perry Suckling was in goals for them.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 09:15 - Jun 28 with 1922 viewstaffpunk

Memorable pre-season Swans' games on 22:22 - Jun 27 by ScoobyWho

Neath punk ? How's it going mush 👍

I think the incident you correctly refer to wasnt the game I am on about, the guy who had a heart attack was actually a stroke, I think ..... His name was Colin, as assume that was the incident, he died a year or so later. If that's the incident. Mind you there could have been a few 😂 there have been a few encounters between us where I wished I could fly and be at home with a nice cup of tea instead of being run around town or whatever. We both know the score there.

My time which I am not proud, but I'm happy to take it on the chin, sort of started around the FA cup game at ours, the Gilligan winner for Swansea. I would have been around 21 then. A few years later it was Toozy who surfaced somewhat belatedly and came up with the many I Have to say creative ways of us sharing some time together. The post was meant as a bite though, but as expected my close friend Scooby Doo has remained silent. If you are who I think you are we have spent a number of nights together at a variety of gigs across South Wales. The most recent may well have been Stigs memorial a couple of years back ?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 22:26]

Thanks for the honest reply, I don't actually know you, though I daresay we've been at many of the same gigs over the years, including the Stig memorial one. I'm from the Rhondda as it happens, but I do genuinely only read this site for your posts, which keep me both entertained and informed, especially your wind ups of Scooby Doo.
I always thought the guy in the game I referred to faked illness, to get away from the trouble, apologies if I'm mistaken, especially if it's the gent you talked about, who later passed away.
I'll probably never post on here again, but you got a big bite off me anyway.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024