Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie medical QPR 13:54 - Jun 15 with 43331 viewsWeaverQPR

Is da rumour

@WeavQPR

Mackie medical QPR on 21:13 - Jun 15 with 5112 viewsFredManRave

No Gloria. He is what he is. We will survive.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Mackie medical QPR on 21:38 - Jun 15 with 4878 viewsPunteR

Mackie medical QPR on 21:13 - Jun 15 by FredManRave

No Gloria. He is what he is. We will survive.

Gloria Gaynor = No brainer.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mackie medical QPR on 21:47 - Jun 15 with 4799 viewsPeterHucker

Mackie medical QPR on 16:50 - Jun 15 by daveB

I just think he'd had enough of being on the bench and didn't think he had a chance so left, don't blame him for that at all

Here's Mackie himself talking on the QPR podcast about why he left:
"The last six months really, really changed - it wasn't a good place to be at all and that was such a shame for me. I felt it was a time then for me to move on, I wasn't playing and it was an opportunity for me to not be part of that changing room. I didn't want to be part of that changing room because it was one of the worst places I've been in terms of attitude and desire to win football matches. It was disgusting. I didn't want to be part of that when I'd been part of something amazing at a great football club. "

In summary, he wasn't playing regularly and the dressing room was full of c-units.

Exactly the kind of player we need to complement the younger players I think. A good professional, never gives less than 100%, good eye for goal, loves the club.
Mackie medical QPR on 22:01 - Jun 15 with 4719 viewseghamranger

Mackie medical QPR on 21:47 - Jun 15 by PeterHucker

Here's Mackie himself talking on the QPR podcast about why he left:
"The last six months really, really changed - it wasn't a good place to be at all and that was such a shame for me. I felt it was a time then for me to move on, I wasn't playing and it was an opportunity for me to not be part of that changing room. I didn't want to be part of that changing room because it was one of the worst places I've been in terms of attitude and desire to win football matches. It was disgusting. I didn't want to be part of that when I'd been part of something amazing at a great football club. "

In summary, he wasn't playing regularly and the dressing room was full of c-units.

Exactly the kind of player we need to complement the younger players I think. A good professional, never gives less than 100%, good eye for goal, loves the club.

No Brainer. Welcome back Jamie.

Thank God we are heading in the right direction
Mackie medical QPR on 22:06 - Jun 15 with 4672 viewssexton

A big yes from me.
Mackie medical QPR on 22:21 - Jun 15 with 4588 viewsPhilmyRs

Mackie medical QPR on 17:13 - Jun 15 by Hunterhoop

Yes, they'll as one. And they're not "objectives"; they're expectations. There is a big difference. One is a target you set the team, one is a reasonable assessment of what is a reasonable outcome you'd be satisfied by.

In that case I'd say my hopes are (e.g. what I'd say is a reasonable outcome) is that we finish mid table playing better football to what we've done thus far under Ramsey and with players that play like they care. My objectives would be to put up a challenge for a play-off spot.

I guess setting the bar as low as you've done means you should hopefully be satisfied next season. The players we've brought in look like decent signings and I'd be shocked if we went down. For me though, if we're struggling to win games suffering losses against ordinary sides and facing a relegation fight, regardless of the quality of football it wouldn't be an outcome I'd be satisfied by.

I don't think fans that feel the play-offs are attainable are deluded. I think it's a possibility.
Mackie medical QPR on 22:37 - Jun 15 with 4472 views08olesen

We have to have depth at striker in a championship season look at this recent promotion teams. JET, Mackie, Gray and one more would do. Philips has to be kept regardless of Mackie though

A team of
........McCarthy
? Nedem Caulker Yun
....... Sandro Luongo
Philips Morrison Mackie
..............Gray

RB and LW are huge issues and obviously Morrison would have to sign, but that team has goals!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Mackie medical QPR on 22:55 - Jun 15 with 4335 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mackie medical QPR on 22:21 - Jun 15 by PhilmyRs

In that case I'd say my hopes are (e.g. what I'd say is a reasonable outcome) is that we finish mid table playing better football to what we've done thus far under Ramsey and with players that play like they care. My objectives would be to put up a challenge for a play-off spot.

I guess setting the bar as low as you've done means you should hopefully be satisfied next season. The players we've brought in look like decent signings and I'd be shocked if we went down. For me though, if we're struggling to win games suffering losses against ordinary sides and facing a relegation fight, regardless of the quality of football it wouldn't be an outcome I'd be satisfied by.

I don't think fans that feel the play-offs are attainable are deluded. I think it's a possibility.

You have a bad case of Optimism my friend.

My condolences.
Login to get fewer ads

Mackie medical QPR on 22:55 - Jun 15 with 4331 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mackie medical QPR on 17:24 - Jun 15 by essextaxiboy

I concede your Kevin Gallen and raise you Martyn Busby , Lee Cook , Danny Shittu and Richard Langley . ... actually I have just listened to a London Call in interview with him and he does sound positive and upbeat about the club . I just always felt he was winging it a bit .

Cook did ok when he came back, but was clearly injured - he didn't ruin any legacy. And ditto Langley and Shittu. Shittu actually had some very good games (and one or two awful ones, granted - but he still helped us win the league).
It's about whether the player is right or not, not whether he's played for you before. Lots of players have gone back to old clubs and done well.
Just think he's the kind of guy we need, and he scored almost 1 in 4 for us, plus seven in the Prem in our first season. More than any other player managed in any other of our three seasons, until Austin.
He's still a decent age. Good with his head. Will still have pace for two or three years. Welcome back.

Bare bones.

Mackie medical QPR on 22:55 - Jun 15 with 4327 viewsPunteR

Mackie medical QPR on 22:37 - Jun 15 by 08olesen

We have to have depth at striker in a championship season look at this recent promotion teams. JET, Mackie, Gray and one more would do. Philips has to be kept regardless of Mackie though

A team of
........McCarthy
? Nedem Caulker Yun
....... Sandro Luongo
Philips Morrison Mackie
..............Gray

RB and LW are huge issues and obviously Morrison would have to sign, but that team has goals!

I think Phillips will go. I hope not though.
Gladwin will be one to watch according to my Swindon mate . Cant defend but really impressive going forward.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mackie medical QPR on 23:11 - Jun 15 with 4235 viewsWadR

I like Mackie, he has merits that have been well documented on this thread and he's a great character have in the squad. Plus he's been responsible for some of my fondest memories as a QPR fan.

But, aside from his limitations as a player, I have one other issue with the transfer. From having looked briefly at a Forest forum just now they're generally pleased that he's leaving primarily to get his £25k p/w (one of the highest at the club) off the wage bill. This is a club that have failed FFP in the last year and are currently under a transfer embargo. Yet the perception on here is that Mackie ticks the box of having "modest wages". Yes, it's a step in the right direction, away from SWP on £60k etc. but, given that I can't see him taking a significant wage cut, he'll be on over double the average championship wage. That strikes me as disproportionate to his playing ability and I genuinely doubt anyone else in the Championship would be able or willing to pay it.

If I was Ferdinand & Ramsey, I'd be trying to find the next Jamie Mackie or Jamie Vardy or Andre Gray. Someone whose probable wage demands are a fraction of Mackie's.

In spite of all that, in purely footballing terms, I'm happy about Mackie returning. Just still concerned about the long term financial solvency of the club.
Mackie medical QPR on 23:11 - Jun 15 with 4235 viewsOakR

Amazing things are happening, threads that make you feel good again - I don't want to get all Kevin Keegan, but I would love it if he signed back for us. If only him and Ainsworth played at the same time with Bircham in the middle - that would make the other teams know they'd been in a game alright!

Still remember Mackie pretty much destroying Evra - I think players just were not use to someone just running straight at them!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Mackie medical QPR on 23:16 - Jun 15 with 4205 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think we need the odd older pro, and Mackie seems to fit the bill, providing that wage and squad status are reasonably determined prior to him coming here.

Welcome back.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mackie medical QPR on 00:08 - Jun 16 with 4052 viewsted_hendrix

I shall be forever eternally grateful to JM for 'that' goal at the Etihad when he headed the ball into the net past Joe Hart and sent us travelling supporters into a daft frenzy of euphoria and whilst on the subject 'that' night in the same season when with 15 minutes or so of the game left against the bloody scousers we were all but relegated and up popped JM to finish the bastards off and give us bloody long suffering fans some hope.
JM can do that or at least I hope he can still do that!
I'd grown so pissed off with Rangers for the last few Months of last season that I eventually threw the towel in, I was sick to death of our players/Management the whole goddam scene, all I can say at the moment is whilst reading this MB slowly but surely things are changing at QPR, I'm not convinced either way if things are going to work out next season, I cant imagine anybody else is either but the 'leeches' seem to have been told to find work elsewhere and we've signed two good prospects from Swindon and now possibly JM.
JM wont get us promoted, what he also wont do is lay down and roll over, he'll work hard on the pitch and give his all limitations or not and for me that has been sadly lacking in a lot of our players over the last few seasons.
I'd say sign him but if he's earning £25k per week at the moment then that'll need to be discussed.
A couple of Reading ST holders I know thought his loan spell with them was good, he was popular at the fakes.
Keep moving in the right direction Rangers I'm now 50-50 whether to renew my ST or not whereas at the end of last season, not a chance.
The appetite is very slowly starting to come back.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mackie medical QPR on 00:47 - Jun 16 with 3978 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mackie medical QPR on 00:08 - Jun 16 by ted_hendrix

I shall be forever eternally grateful to JM for 'that' goal at the Etihad when he headed the ball into the net past Joe Hart and sent us travelling supporters into a daft frenzy of euphoria and whilst on the subject 'that' night in the same season when with 15 minutes or so of the game left against the bloody scousers we were all but relegated and up popped JM to finish the bastards off and give us bloody long suffering fans some hope.
I'd grown so pissed off with Rangers for the last few Months of last season that I eventually threw the towel in, I was sick to death of our players/Management the whole goddam scene, all I can say at the moment is whilst reading this MB slowly but surely things are changing at QPR, I'm not convinced either way if things are going to work out next season, I cant imagine anybody else is either but the 'leeches' seem to have been told to find work elsewhere and we've signed two good prospects from Swindon and now possibly JM.
JM wont get us promoted, what he also wont do is lay down and roll over, he'll work hard on the pitch and give his all limitations or not and for me that has been sadly lacking in a lot of our players over the last few seasons.
I'd say sign him but if he's earning £25k per week at the moment then that'll need to be discussed.
A couple of Reading ST holders I know thought his loan spell with them was good, he was popular at the fakes.
Keep moving in the right direction Rangers I'm now 50-50 whether to renew my ST or not whereas at the end of last season, not a chance.

Glad to hear the hope is returning, Ted. The club needs - sorry, the club IS - people like you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mackie medical QPR on 00:47 - Jun 16 with 3978 viewsganjR

Great move if true.
Not the best footballer in the world, but suits us, loves us and is, ultimately, the player that we've missed for the last couple of years.
I doubt he will be as good as last time, but we have talked about getting our identity back and a player like him is part of our identity (I think).
He may not be 1st choice, but he will be very active and the work he'll do off the pitch for the club and the good will factor his return may bring, make it a 'Claire Rainer' for me ;)
Mackie medical QPR on 03:18 - Jun 16 with 3875 viewsNordicR

I've always admired his attitude and I think we need players like that in the championship.
Mackie medical QPR on 07:08 - Jun 16 with 3721 viewslondonscottish

Mackie medical QPR on 00:08 - Jun 16 by ted_hendrix

Good post Ted,

I've got a Reading mate at work and he doesn't want JM to go.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Mackie medical QPR on 09:08 - Jun 16 with 3510 viewsqprissimo

Derby away.
Mackie medical QPR on 09:15 - Jun 16 with 3485 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm not unhappy with this.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Mackie medical QPR on 09:42 - Jun 16 with 3359 viewsWeaverQPR

Mackie medical QPR on 09:08 - Jun 16 by qprissimo

Derby away.

Are championing the resigning of Patrick Agyemang?

@WeavQPR

Mackie medical QPR on 10:12 - Jun 16 with 3264 viewsQPR_John

Mackie medical QPR on 22:37 - Jun 15 by 08olesen

A team of
........McCarthy
? Nedem Caulker Yun
....... Sandro Luongo
Philips Morrison Mackie
..............Gray

"Philips has to be kept regardless of Mackie though "

Whatever the merits of Mackie even his most optimistic supporter cannot think of him as a replacement for Philips
Mackie medical QPR on 10:43 - Jun 16 with 3196 viewswestberksr

Mackie medical QPR on 10:12 - Jun 16 by QPR_John

Whatever the merits of Mackie even his most optimistic supporter cannot think of him as a replacement for Philips

absolutely not; but lets remember how much Phillips cost in the first place. he wasn't some unpolished diamond that we discovered down the back of the sofa and will be sorely missed if he does go.

the sad thing is that we saw so little of what Phillips can do in his 2 seasons with us, and then when a manager pointed him in the right direction we all nearly spontaniously combusted with excitement; despite it being too late.

different players with different qualities.
Mackie medical QPR on 11:12 - Jun 16 with 3073 viewsessextaxiboy

Mackie medical QPR on 22:55 - Jun 15 by Antti_Heinola

Cook did ok when he came back, but was clearly injured - he didn't ruin any legacy. And ditto Langley and Shittu. Shittu actually had some very good games (and one or two awful ones, granted - but he still helped us win the league).
It's about whether the player is right or not, not whether he's played for you before. Lots of players have gone back to old clubs and done well.
Just think he's the kind of guy we need, and he scored almost 1 in 4 for us, plus seven in the Prem in our first season. More than any other player managed in any other of our three seasons, until Austin.
He's still a decent age. Good with his head. Will still have pace for two or three years. Welcome back.

Fair enough , I certainly dont want to be in a position of slagging him off .

Dont go back , Dont look back . I sort of believe in that for most things .

Welcome back Jamie ..prove me wrong please
Mackie medical QPR on 11:47 - Jun 16 with 2936 viewsadhoc_qpr

Mackie medical QPR on 10:12 - Jun 16 by QPR_John

Ramsey has gone on record saying he wants to keep Phillips but it obviously depends if anyone comes in with an offer we can't refuse.

Mackie just adds a lot to the squad.

Imagine we are playing out a lethargic 0-0 at home (like the West Ham game recently), who better to bring off the bench to pick things up than a player like Mackie with non-stop running and a sparky attitude?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024