Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vote Labour 07:29 - Apr 22 with 6589 viewsskippyjack

Yesterday I had a job interview with two cockney blokes in attendance.. And can you vote Labour.. Forget about all my ramblings and vote Labour.. That interview has definitely changed my mind.. This one cockney bloke give me an insight how politics really worked under the Labour Govt.. His wife was fairly high up in the party.. And he insisted it was the right vote for me..

So on May 7th I hope all of you, family, friends and factory workers vote Labour.. Because they are willing to change massively.. I'm going to be campaigning for Labour.. He also give me an insight on how the Conservatives are trying to flog the UK..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Vote Labour on 17:38 - Apr 22 with 1741 viewsjohnlangy

Vote Labour on 14:32 - Apr 22 by blueytheblue

Zero Hours contracts are less than 1% of employment out there. There's plenty of scope for people to want them, the qestion is why it's been hyped up as a major problem - especially when Labour MPs have used them as have Unite.

The problem is Milliband seems oblivious to a lot of workplace changes. Plenty of people have become self-employed. Milliband argues that shows how poor the job market and economy are - a gross misunderstanding. Plenty of people want to run their own business, have the flexibility that entails.

Milliband refused to engage with IPSE - as a result their election supplement features the main 6 leaders with details of how they would affect contractors. Milliband's page remains blank.

Granted, abuses in the construction industry are pretty blatant; Milliband's dogmatic view of the self-employed is a slap in the face to people who set up their own businesses.

700,000 people which is 2.3% actually.

I'm sure it suits some people but they can't ALL be students (students being the people referenced every time a Con man says it suits some people).
Vote Labour on 17:48 - Apr 22 with 1726 viewsjohnlangy

Vote Labour on 16:01 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

no, Leanne Wood is far more interested in being seen as Nicola Sturgeon's BFF than on actually thinking about what is in Wales' best interests.

And her supporters seem to lap it up.

There are lots to admire the SNP for - they have managed to get through this campaign with almost no challenge on their almost incredible cock up on the projection of Scotland's finances during the referendum - Sturgeon said in response ' everyone makes mistakes' and has received no grief for it whatsoever.

Also have got away with the whole 'progressive politics' nonsense while almost simultaneously voting through a payrise which sees Sturgeon paid more than Cameron as the highest paid politician in the UK (and yes, I know she gives a tiny amount of it back - it's irrelevant). No wonder she's anti austerity when her and her husband earn way more than £200k pa from their roles in the SNP and her mother's on the payroll as well - imagine having to cut back on public expenditure - they may earn a bit less then.

The main way Wales' best interests would be served would be if the Welsh economy was run for the benefit of the whole of Wales and not just the South East.

I've said on many occasions that Labour has run Wales like a mini version of the UK, ie disproportionately for the benefit of the South East to the detriment of the rest of the UK/Wales. In the Sunday Politics show this week Leanne Wood stated the same (i'm glad she's listening to me ) and that Plaid would change that.

As there are a large number of people on this forum who complain at this imbalance I hope that that will persuade you to vote Plaid in two weeks time.
Vote Labour on 18:02 - Apr 22 with 1711 viewsLohengrin

Vote Labour on 17:48 - Apr 22 by johnlangy

The main way Wales' best interests would be served would be if the Welsh economy was run for the benefit of the whole of Wales and not just the South East.

I've said on many occasions that Labour has run Wales like a mini version of the UK, ie disproportionately for the benefit of the South East to the detriment of the rest of the UK/Wales. In the Sunday Politics show this week Leanne Wood stated the same (i'm glad she's listening to me ) and that Plaid would change that.

As there are a large number of people on this forum who complain at this imbalance I hope that that will persuade you to vote Plaid in two weeks time.

I'd love to, John, but in all conscience I couldn't. That woman and her colleagues are killing Plaid. It stood for something once, something timeless. She's corrupted that.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Vote Labour on 18:26 - Apr 22 with 1688 viewsjohnlangy

Vote Labour on 18:02 - Apr 22 by Lohengrin

I'd love to, John, but in all conscience I couldn't. That woman and her colleagues are killing Plaid. It stood for something once, something timeless. She's corrupted that.

No problem. I didn't expect a shedload of yes's to my suggestion. Maybe a few though.
Vote Labour on 18:30 - Apr 22 with 1687 viewsblueytheblue

Vote Labour on 17:38 - Apr 22 by johnlangy

700,000 people which is 2.3% actually.

I'm sure it suits some people but they can't ALL be students (students being the people referenced every time a Con man says it suits some people).

697,000 actually, agree on the 2.3% part.

From ONS...

Number of people employed on a “zero-hours contract” in their main job was 697,000 for October to December 2014, representing 2.3% of all people in employment. In the same period in 2013, this was 1.9% of all people in employment (586,000).

The number of people saying they are employed on “zero-hours contracts” depends on whether or not they recognise this term. It is not possible to say how much of the increase between 2013 and 2014 is due to greater recognition rather than new contracts.

Number of contracts that do not guarantee a minimum number of hours where work was carried out was 1.8 million for the fortnight beginning 11 August 2014. The previously published estimate was 1.4 million for the fortnight beginning 20 January 2014.

The two estimates of contracts should not be directly compared. They cover different times of year so changes in the numbers may reflect seasonal factors.

On average, someone on a “zero-hours contract” usually works 25 hours a week.

Around a third of people on “zero-hours contracts” want more hours, with most wanting them in their current job, compared with 10% of other people in employment.

People on “zero-hours contracts” are more likely to be women, in full-time education or working part-time. They are also more likely to be aged under 25 or 65 and over.

Over half of employers in Accommodation and Food Services and a quarter of employers in Education made some use of no guaranteed hours contracts in August 2014.

Not quite as evil as some claim. Interestingly enough, it's students, retirees etc who tend to prefer them. The stats give no context to make the claim as to how people feel about them. Can't be bad though given Labour MPs and Unite union use them.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Vote Labour on 19:38 - Apr 22 with 1650 viewsjackrabbit

You haven't missed your vocation as a party strategist - that's probably the least convincing argument I've seen for voting anything. Some cockney bloke's wife is a party apparatchik and knows Labour are the good guys? Sign me up.

Not really. Let me put the alternative point of view - bears piss in the woods- Labour screws-up the economy. It's a fact of life. They are economically and socially illiterate. To make matters worse they've now got in charge the 2 idiots who helped Gordon Brown run the economy into the ground last time around. You want an encore?

Vote Labour? You must be fecking puddled.
Vote Labour on 19:43 - Apr 22 with 1641 viewsskippyjack

Vote Labour on 19:38 - Apr 22 by jackrabbit

You haven't missed your vocation as a party strategist - that's probably the least convincing argument I've seen for voting anything. Some cockney bloke's wife is a party apparatchik and knows Labour are the good guys? Sign me up.

Not really. Let me put the alternative point of view - bears piss in the woods- Labour screws-up the economy. It's a fact of life. They are economically and socially illiterate. To make matters worse they've now got in charge the 2 idiots who helped Gordon Brown run the economy into the ground last time around. You want an encore?

I didn't say Labour were the good guys.. I'm voting them in for personal reasons.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Vote Labour on 00:34 - Apr 23 with 1574 viewsUxbridge

Vote Labour on 16:07 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

Only parity as in Scotland continues to receive the same unfairly high proportion and Wales would as well.

Ah well, bugger all the people that are struggling in England eh? Why shouldn't they fund free prescriptions for wealthy people in Cardiff or free tuition for Scottish kids? After all, they're bloody English aren't they? Stole our coal etc etc.

Given that Wales is pretty much screwed beyond our beloved capitol where we've chucked all our money, I'm all for a bit of positive discrimination coming this way. By lord we need it.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Vote Labour on 00:47 - Apr 23 with 1568 viewslondonlisa2001

Vote Labour on 00:34 - Apr 23 by Uxbridge

Given that Wales is pretty much screwed beyond our beloved capitol where we've chucked all our money, I'm all for a bit of positive discrimination coming this way. By lord we need it.

When Plaid were part of the leadership of the WAG, I didn't notice any positive discrimination towards any part of Wales that wasn't in a 10 mile radius of the Senedd.

I am all in favour of allocating public resource to the areas that most need it, but of course Barnett doesn't do that. The concentration of opportunity on small parts of the country is terrible (both in UK terms and Welsh terms) but I haven't heard anything from Plaid that this will be addressed (apart from the love in for the 'Valleys' of course).
Vote Labour on 00:56 - Apr 23 with 1557 viewstrampie

Plaid will not concentrate wealth in the South East of Wales, Ms Wood has been quoted in the press on this very subject in the last few days.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Vote Labour on 01:52 - Apr 23 with 1543 viewsEbo

Vote Labour on 18:30 - Apr 22 by blueytheblue

697,000 actually, agree on the 2.3% part.

From ONS...

Number of people employed on a “zero-hours contract” in their main job was 697,000 for October to December 2014, representing 2.3% of all people in employment. In the same period in 2013, this was 1.9% of all people in employment (586,000).

The number of people saying they are employed on “zero-hours contracts” depends on whether or not they recognise this term. It is not possible to say how much of the increase between 2013 and 2014 is due to greater recognition rather than new contracts.

Number of contracts that do not guarantee a minimum number of hours where work was carried out was 1.8 million for the fortnight beginning 11 August 2014. The previously published estimate was 1.4 million for the fortnight beginning 20 January 2014.

The two estimates of contracts should not be directly compared. They cover different times of year so changes in the numbers may reflect seasonal factors.

On average, someone on a “zero-hours contract” usually works 25 hours a week.

Around a third of people on “zero-hours contracts” want more hours, with most wanting them in their current job, compared with 10% of other people in employment.

People on “zero-hours contracts” are more likely to be women, in full-time education or working part-time. They are also more likely to be aged under 25 or 65 and over.

Over half of employers in Accommodation and Food Services and a quarter of employers in Education made some use of no guaranteed hours contracts in August 2014.

Not quite as evil as some claim. Interestingly enough, it's students, retirees etc who tend to prefer them. The stats give no context to make the claim as to how people feel about them. Can't be bad though given Labour MPs and Unite union use them.

They are unjust and morally wrong. For example, if you wanted to work as a teaching assistant in the Swansea area then the only route is through an agency which employs zero hour contracts. It's the cheaper option for schools and councils but no good if you have bills to pay.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Vote Labour on 07:11 - Apr 23 with 1512 viewsLohengrin

Vote Labour on 00:56 - Apr 23 by trampie

Plaid will not concentrate wealth in the South East of Wales, Ms Wood has been quoted in the press on this very subject in the last few days.

They've already served in coalition at The Senedd, Trampie. She was part of it and that's exactly what they did.

Vote Labour on 08:50 - Apr 23 with 1487 viewsjack_lord

Vote Labour on 12:36 - Apr 22 by Uxbridge

I know the Tories are the party to manage the economy, and Labour can't be trusted etc etc, but I'm not entirely sure a) exactly what the Tories did (that Labour wouldn't have done) in the last 5 years to rescue our economy, and b) exactly what Labour would do differently in the next parliament to put our economy at risk. Apart from zero hours contracts of course, which let's be honest are an utter abomination.

Despite the protestations that this is actually a choice between two diametrically opposed economic viewpoints, it's difficult to see the substance of those claims.

Absolutely.
One of my friends works in the Home Office and close to the Home Secretary. He has worked in the Treasury and in the Foreign Office. How much will change? Based on everything he has told me and my knowledge of politics and economics, very little as the Civil Service will continue to run the country as it has based on how things are and how international events effect us.
Zero hour contracts should be banned but they are quickly turning in to a plague.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Vote Labour on 08:54 - Apr 23 with 1482 viewsLohengrin

Vote Labour on 01:52 - Apr 23 by Ebo

They are unjust and morally wrong. For example, if you wanted to work as a teaching assistant in the Swansea area then the only route is through an agency which employs zero hour contracts. It's the cheaper option for schools and councils but no good if you have bills to pay.

How are you supposed to get a mortgage, or make any sort of plans going forward for that matter? What an impossible situation to be placed in.

Vote Labour on 09:19 - Apr 23 with 1464 viewstrampie

Vote Labour on 07:11 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

They've already served in coalition at The Senedd, Trampie. She was part of it and that's exactly what they did.

Plaid were a Junior partner in a coalition in an Assembly with little powers, even less powers at the time, with possibly their weakest ever leader at the helm, remember ''Ieuan Air'', where yet again the party wanted to open the country up and give opportunities to businesses and people outside of Cardiff [in that example as far outside Cardiff as you can go] .

Plaid are all about Welsh values, equality and sharing wealth equally.

All the most deprived areas in Wales [no doubt Britain] are Labour run areas, they have Labour mps, Labour ams and Labour councillors, when Plaid got in in local elections over the Rhondda what little budget the area had they directed to the poorest areas - yes you got it Labour wards !, come the next election Plaid didn't get back in because people were saying I voted for them and they did nothing for my village the village down the road had a new village hall etc etc [Welsh villagism and tribalism, they will share but not with their nearest and dearest, lol].

So that is and will be an issue for Plaid, they will spread the wealth and Plaid voters are often middle class professional people who might live in little neat rural villages, yet those people could vote them in and see more deprived areas get most investment, its the Welsh way, a caring sharing people, chwarae teg and all that.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 9:20]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Vote Labour on 09:29 - Apr 23 with 1334 viewsLohengrin

Vote Labour on 09:19 - Apr 23 by trampie

Plaid were a Junior partner in a coalition in an Assembly with little powers, even less powers at the time, with possibly their weakest ever leader at the helm, remember ''Ieuan Air'', where yet again the party wanted to open the country up and give opportunities to businesses and people outside of Cardiff [in that example as far outside Cardiff as you can go] .

Plaid are all about Welsh values, equality and sharing wealth equally.

All the most deprived areas in Wales [no doubt Britain] are Labour run areas, they have Labour mps, Labour ams and Labour councillors, when Plaid got in in local elections over the Rhondda what little budget the area had they directed to the poorest areas - yes you got it Labour wards !, come the next election Plaid didn't get back in because people were saying I voted for them and they did nothing for my village the village down the road had a new village hall etc etc [Welsh villagism and tribalism, they will share but not with their nearest and dearest, lol].

So that is and will be an issue for Plaid, they will spread the wealth and Plaid voters are often middle class professional people who might live in little neat rural villages, yet those people could vote them in and see more deprived areas get most investment, its the Welsh way, a caring sharing people, chwarae teg and all that.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 9:20]

You know, Trampie, there's some thing rather touching about your naivete. It's very endearing. You are often the reason I start my day off with a smile.

Vote Labour on 09:50 - Apr 23 with 1315 viewsjohnlangy

Vote Labour on 00:34 - Apr 23 by Uxbridge

As I said earlier, vote Plaid. They have said they will correct the imbalance, ie invest in the rest of Wales and not skew everything towards the South East.
Vote Labour on 09:50 - Apr 23 with 1315 viewsdickythorpe

Peter Hain turned up on my old mans doorstep in Carmarthen on Tuesday - my dad is getting treatment for arc eye!!
Vote Labour on 09:50 - Apr 23 with 1314 viewsjohnlangy

Vote Labour on 19:38 - Apr 22 by jackrabbit

And you are going to vote for ....... ?
Vote Labour on 10:04 - Apr 23 with 1299 viewsLohengrin

Vote Labour on 09:50 - Apr 23 by dickythorpe

Peter Hain turned up on my old mans doorstep in Carmarthen on Tuesday - my dad is getting treatment for arc eye!!

Vote Labour on 10:10 - Apr 23 with 1295 viewstrampie

Vote Labour on 09:29 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

You know, Trampie, there's some thing rather touching about your naivete. It's very endearing. You are often the reason I start my day off with a smile.

Yes you have no comeback to that one lol, i'm pleased with it, I offer evidence to back up my arguments and have no agenda [If somebody knows what they are talking about, its a combination that is virtually unbeatable], that is why some people think Trampie is an unbeatable debater on message boards, that is why if I join message boards where the sentiment is of an opposite view to me, I get banned, luckily i've followed the Swans since I was a very young child but if I've joined rugby boards or political boards in the past and taken on the board heavyweights and beat them every time, they then join together to demand I get banned.
The reason why I get the better of 'heavyweights' is because they have an agenda [most people have an agenda] and as a result I can predict what they will say next.

One very well known heavyweight, a campaign leader in the Welsh rugby war who would be interviewed by the media would challenge everything I would say as I held an opposite point of view, I would answer his question, he would ask me another question, I would answer, he would ask me another question and I would answer, at this point his questions would be going further and further away from the original topic, he would try to win a mini argument but would fail all the time, when finally at the 4th or 5th time of asking he would hit on a question that if I answered it could weaken my argument [Zugzwang they call it in chess] I would ask him a question back that I knew because of his agenda that his position would be exposed, he would be desperate for me to answer that one question but I had already answered his previous questions 4 or 5 times, it was my turn to ask a question I would say, others not really aware of the chess match would note that I had answered his questions and some would say that he should answer mine, he would go nuts, either logging off and I would get him again the next time or he would just get abusive.

Nothing like that with me and you Lohengrin, I haven't reached the point where I need to turn the tables and ask you multiple questions having myself answered multiple questions in the first place, just be warned I have no agenda, don't lie [not knowingly anyway], if I have time I will check things out, all in all its a combination that is very hard to beat if not impossible. smile.

You would need to up your game to get anywhere near Trampie in a debate Lohengrin and I think you know it as well.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 10:17]

Vote Labour on 10:16 - Apr 23 with 1284 viewsLohengrin

Take a couple of Panadol, Trampie, and go sit in the shade for a bit.

Vote Labour on 10:28 - Apr 23 with 1269 viewstrampie

Very disappointing Lohengrin, you are reduced to cheap witty put downs, no argument, no substance all rather lightweight.

Vote Labour on 11:01 - Apr 23 with 1254 viewsLohengrin

Vote Labour on 10:28 - Apr 23 by trampie

Very disappointing Lohengrin, you are reduced to cheap witty put downs, no argument, no substance all rather lightweight.

What argument is there to be had? You seem somehow surprised that the senior party in a coalition bulldozes its agenda through. Plaid has no inspiring figure capable of challenging Labour in Wales. Leanne Wood with her Treforest Poly background simply hasn't got enough going on upstairs and what little there is rattling around up there has been begged, stolen or borrowed from someplace else; half from Nikolai Yezhov the rest from Captain Beany as far as I can make out.

If you want a debate then I'm your man, but let's have one on the basis of reality not dandelion wishes.

Vote Labour on 11:17 - Apr 23 with 1238 viewstrampie

Vote Labour on 11:01 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

What argument is there to be had? You seem somehow surprised that the senior party in a coalition bulldozes its agenda through. Plaid has no inspiring figure capable of challenging Labour in Wales. Leanne Wood with her Treforest Poly background simply hasn't got enough going on upstairs and what little there is rattling around up there has been begged, stolen or borrowed from someplace else; half from Nikolai Yezhov the rest from Captain Beany as far as I can make out.

If you want a debate then I'm your man, but let's have one on the basis of reality not dandelion wishes.

Ms Wood might be the right person at the right time, Plaid cant keep on churning out top class leaders and thinkers every time, Ms Wood might appeal in different ways, until results come in it will be hard to say, I will say that it was not a good time to be Plaid leader with all the immigration into Wales possibly going to effect their vote in their heartlands, Scotland does not have the same issues with culture and language that Wales has, the name of the game is not necessarily to get the cleverest person to do the leader roll but to get the person that is likely to get the party the most votes, Ms Wood might well be the best bet for Plaid in that respect, its hard to make a definitive comment until after the election and probably in fairness until after the Assembly elections next year.

I would be interested to know what current Plaid politicians you think if they were the leader of Plaid would help get Plaid more votes than Ms Wood ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024