Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mason-Dixon Line 17:36 - Aug 28 with 2928 viewsperchrockjack

Is this still relevant dav and do the old southern values start in Maryland.

Is penn that different from the state immediately to the south of this line which I'd have thought evokes memories from way back.

I believe the line has geographical features,eg Potomac river

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Mason-Dixon Line on 22:08 - Aug 30 with 561 viewsperchrockjack

Thanks and for your comments

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Mason-Dixon Line on 03:31 - Aug 31 with 539 viewsLohengrin

Mason-Dixon Line on 17:42 - Aug 30 by phact0rri

Where at in Tennessee mun? I spent a good bit of time in Knoxville and east Tennessee... and I have loads of friends still there.

I don't know if you've read this before, I feel certain I must have mentioned it, but back in 1987 I found myself in Jackson, TN, en route to Shiloh, when I wanted to get something autographed by one of my great heroes Carl Perkins. He'd always been a towering giant in my mind and when I pitched up in Jackson I'd headed to the nearest convenience store and explained what I was about and asked where he lived?

To cut a long story short I found out which house was Carl's and I walked up and down at least a dozen times rehearsing what I was going to say by way of an introduction to a man whose music had, along with Hank Williams, the Sun era Presley, Lefty Frizzell, Jimmie Rogers and my own romantic sense of adventure inspired me to cross an ocean and thumb my way around half a continent to say thank you in person to somebody I thought had made history.

I walked up and down outside the house, smoked several cigarettes and got right in my head exactly what I wanted to say. Finally I put the last fag out, took a deep breath, marched up the drive and knocked on the door... baited breath and anticipation.... NOTHING. I knocked harder, still nothing. After all that palaver there was no bugger home!

Farkin' typical!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024