Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am still down today! 14:38 - Aug 10 with 3607 viewsjojaca

I know it was only a friendly, but I am still very flat today. I can't remember feeling this low or concerned in a very long time after watching Swans. I wanted to claim a refund also after the shambles with the fans struggling to get in before kick off and especially the performance. I personally missed the first goal.
Before kick off when I read the teamsheet on this website I reacted with ouch! to our subs bench. I did not realise how weak we are even with a few minor injuries. I was all for some of the Spanish going, but not all of them. Hope this does not come back to bite the Swansea board.
I am still in shock how villareal just took us apart and even checked our odds to go down next season, which I would never of dreamt about before kick off.

My biggest concerns next season is we still have the same defense as last season minus two players. We were pretty poor in defence last season and our passing game has disappeared. I felt like we were West Ham type of team against an Swansea one touch pass and move. I think we have had a bad transfer window up till now, too many outgoings.

Even when you know, you never know?

I am still down today! on 16:31 - Aug 10 with 1162 viewsdgt73

I am still down today! on 16:29 - Aug 10 by Rancid

Being down in a football sense lasts about half hour.

Oh right.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

I am still down today! on 16:32 - Aug 10 with 1155 viewsepaul

Didn't see, hear or read anything about the game yesterday, someone somewhere is looking out for me and have appeared to save my life....phew

FFS get a grip people

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

I am still down today! on 16:32 - Aug 10 with 1153 viewsjojaca

I have every right to be down yesterday spend nearly 50 quid on top, 15 quid on ticket and about 60 quid on train tickets, booze and food and left the stadium with friends looking at each other what a waste of money that was.

I am still down today! on 16:33 - Aug 10 with 1147 viewsPhil_S

I am still down today! on 16:32 - Aug 10 by jojaca

I have every right to be down yesterday spend nearly 50 quid on top, 15 quid on ticket and about 60 quid on train tickets, booze and food and left the stadium with friends looking at each other what a waste of money that was.

All of which was your decision to do. As it is for the rest of us week in week out. As it has been for years.

And boy at least yesterday we were well beaten by a team that is actually good rather than the likes of Kidderminster or Rochdale
I am still down today! on 16:34 - Aug 10 with 1142 viewsdgt73

I am still down today! on 16:39 - Aug 10 with 1127 viewsRancid

Ah the old look where you leave the stadium and look at your friends and think what a waste of money.Looking at it's worst.
I am still down today! on 16:41 - Aug 10 with 1122 viewsdgt73

I am still down today! on 16:33 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

All of which was your decision to do. As it is for the rest of us week in week out. As it has been for years.

And boy at least yesterday we were well beaten by a team that is actually good rather than the likes of Kidderminster or Rochdale

Spot on. I can remember going to Stockport first game of the season many moons ago and losing 5-0 and it cost me at the time more than a weeks wages, but it was my decision and it's all part of the experience of being a Swans/football fan.

I am still down today! on 17:09 - Aug 10 with 1080 viewsjojaca

The bottom line is it was not the money spent, it was one of the worst performances I have seen at the liberty for many years, friendly or not. I was really optimistic before the game with the hype of new signings thinking we are going to be comfortable mid table this season. Unfortunately we are in for dog fight this season.

Login to get fewer ads

I am still down today! on 17:10 - Aug 10 with 1074 viewsdgt73

I am still down today! on 17:09 - Aug 10 by jojaca

The bottom line is it was not the money spent, it was one of the worst performances I have seen at the liberty for many years, friendly or not. I was really optimistic before the game with the hype of new signings thinking we are going to be comfortable mid table this season. Unfortunately we are in for dog fight this season.

Are you related to Dwightyorkesuperstar.

I am still down today! on 17:11 - Aug 10 with 1070 viewsbluenile

I am still down today! on 14:54 - Aug 10 by Darran

I was up the Gnoll earlier and came close to throwing myself in the pond.

Don't worry the fish would throw you back out.....................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

I am still down today! on 17:28 - Aug 10 with 1042 viewsDJack

I am still down today! on 17:09 - Aug 10 by jojaca

" I was really optimistic before the game with the hype of new signings thinking we are going to be comfortable mid table this season. "

Two things wrong with the above:

1. You were making it easy for yourself to be disappointed - getting caught up in the hype and your expectations for the season.
2. It was only a flaming friendly!

Worry, or not, come December.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

I am still down today! on 17:31 - Aug 10 with 1034 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am still down today! on 17:28 - Aug 10 by DJack

" I was really optimistic before the game with the hype of new signings thinking we are going to be comfortable mid table this season. "

Two things wrong with the above:

1. You were making it easy for yourself to be disappointed - getting caught up in the hype and your expectations for the season.
2. It was only a flaming friendly!

Worry, or not, come December.

I hope we will being doing something about it long before December if the worst is unfolding before our eyes.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 17:35]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I am still down today! on 17:49 - Aug 10 with 1009 viewsDJack

I am still down today! on 17:31 - Aug 10 by Private_Partz

I hope we will being doing something about it long before December if the worst is unfolding before our eyes.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 17:35]

That's right, I was advocating doing sod all 'til December

Partz, I like the fact that you spend time posting a different point of view - stating the way you see it but when post to give a doom&gloom scenario (sometime more like Chickin Lickin) I wonder why you bother to watch the Swans. There's more than enough posters mis-representing what other posters are saying without you adding to the fire.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

I am still down today! on 18:11 - Aug 10 with 984 viewsperchrockjack

I am still down today! on 17:49 - Aug 10 by DJack

Partz, I like the fact that you spend time posting a different point of view - stating the way you see it but when post to give a doom&gloom scenario (sometime more like Chickin Lickin) I wonder why you bother to watch the Swans. There's more than enough posters mis-representing what other posters are saying without you adding to the fire.

Yeah, it was s shock and we d all like a nice lil win. Gives you confidence.

It all starts this sat.

Then, we ll see the smart arse know alls out in force ripping into fellow fans

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

I am still down today! on 19:54 - Aug 10 with 906 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am still down today! on 17:49 - Aug 10 by DJack

That is a bit nasty. If you had pointed out politely I would have apologised as I have obviously misunderstood your post. In view your tone it will not surprise you that no apology will be forthcoming.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I am still down today! on 20:17 - Aug 10 with 853 viewsbuilthjack

I am still down today! on 19:54 - Aug 10 by Private_Partz

That is a bit nasty. If you had pointed out politely I would have apologised as I have obviously misunderstood your post. In view your tone it will not surprise you that no apology will be forthcoming.

Poor performance. Last pre season game, so should have been similar to what we are planning against Man Utd. Things need to change quick. Very quick.
With the players that have gone, we still need another two or three quality signings.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I am still down today! on 00:28 - Aug 11 with 787 viewssully49

Is it only me who though that Ashley Williams looked over weight? To many burgers in america perhaps.......

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

I am still down today! on 00:56 - Aug 11 with 774 viewsAnotherJohn

I am still down today! on 14:52 - Aug 10 by Private_Partz

Join the club mate I feel the same. Having said that I actually agree with Raynor on something. Our defensive record was not that bad at all. A nil goal difference was considerably better than others in 'our league'. We had quite few narrow defeats where maybe we could have got something so it could have been even better.
To answer Ian's question. Yes I feel more down than after the West Ham game. We had just come through a massive run of games with an horrendous injury list. Carroll returned and West Ham went on their life saving run. I can never understand why this match is held up as a low point.

Agree with this, and especially the point made about the West Ham game, which was for goodness sake a 2-0 away defeat against a team that then went on a very good run. Hull away to me was much worse. I wonder what went on in the dressing room that day, as it may partially explain the cull that has since taken place.
I am still down today! on 17:49 - Aug 11 with 643 viewsDJack

I am still down today! on 19:54 - Aug 10 by Private_Partz

Nasty was not my intent but I will say that you are more than happy to post your thoughts on what you see as negatives/deficiencies so don't get your knickers in a twist when someone else does the same.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024