Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO The anti-monk brigade 19:37 - May 6 with 10752 viewsJackfath

Hello.

I would like to pose these questions to you.

Could you tell me what your opinion was when the board were about to and indeed did appoint both Brendan Rogers and Roberto Martinez? Did you at that time, have the same amount of belief that they were clearly not the men for the job?

I await your responses with eager anticipation.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:38 - May 6 with 3048 viewswaynekerr55

What's happened to the CAPS?

I thought there are some pertinent points that need EMPHASIS that you raised!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:42 - May 6 with 3022 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Hello, Jackfath.

When we appointed Senor Martinez I was a very young man and so I cannot remember my opinions and thoughts regarding his appointment.

Similar to Brendan's appointment, I must have been 15/16 and so again my judgement would mean little as I have matured greatly since then.

I hope some posters with greater years on their biological clock than me respond to your fine question as it has the potential to be very interesting.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:47 - May 6 with 2995 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:42 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hello, Jackfath.

When we appointed Senor Martinez I was a very young man and so I cannot remember my opinions and thoughts regarding his appointment.

Similar to Brendan's appointment, I must have been 15/16 and so again my judgement would mean little as I have matured greatly since then.

I hope some posters with greater years on their biological clock than me respond to your fine question as it has the potential to be very interesting.

Let me tell you how it was, young Dwight.

When Martinez was appointed there was uproar. This former player with no managerial experience whatsoever, who had apparently been a disruptive influence in the dressing room as a player, was bound to take our once-proud club to its ultimate ruin. This forum was in absolute meltdown. Relegation was a certainty.

When Rodgers was appointed there was also uproar. This almost unknown who had failed at Reading after showing his disloyalty by dumping Watford to go there at the first opportunity, was bound to take our once proud club to its ultimate ruin. This forum was in absolute meltdown. Relegation was a certainty.

Sound familiar? Anyone who tells you that they unequivocally supported these appointments without any reservations whatsoever is a bare faced liar.

Poll: Tory leader

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:47 - May 6 with 2994 viewsDarran

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:42 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hello, Jackfath.

My opinions were then as they are now,no f*cking idea what's going to happen but one thing I do remember is that plenty of people said that Roberto and Brendan were the wrong choices and we were going to be relegated

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:49 - May 6 with 2987 viewsDarran

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:47 - May 6 by exiledclaseboy

When Martinez was appointed there was uproar. This former player with no managerial experience whatsoever, who had apparently been a disruptive influence in the dressing room as a player, was bound to take our once-proud club to its ultimate ruin. This forum was in absolute meltdown. Relegation was a certainty.

When Rodgers was appointed there was also uproar. This almost unknown who had failed at Reading after showing his disloyalty by dumping Watford to go there at the first opportunity, was bound to take our once proud club to its ultimate ruin. This forum was in absolute meltdown. Relegation was a certainty.

Sound familiar? Anyone who tells you that they unequivocally supported these appointments without any reservations whatsoever is a bare faced liar.

Snap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:50 - May 6 with 2975 viewsFlashberryjack

I'll be honest ......when I heard the board had appointed Martinez as manager I was gutted....wrong man, cheap option blah blah.
Very similar when when Brendan came.
Unlike when Sousa came.....I was thrilled to bits.
Just goes to show how much I know, when it comes to picking a manager.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:51 - May 6 with 2972 viewsJackfath

I WONDER if any of the DISSENTERS will respond?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:51 - May 6 with 2971 viewsIAN05

That's pretty much the exact responses in a nutshell
Login to get fewer ads

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:51 - May 6 with 2964 viewsJackfath

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:50 - May 6 by Flashberryjack

I'll be honest ......when I heard the board had appointed Martinez as manager I was gutted....wrong man, cheap option blah blah.
Very similar when when Brendan came.
Unlike when Sousa came.....I was thrilled to bits.
Just goes to show how much I know, when it comes to picking a manager.

SOUSA was a name. As was LAUDRUP. We need a NAME. Don't we?

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:57 - May 6 with 2936 viewslibertine

i was over the moon when ML was given the position and rightly so,

our spend was low and we had some great players

and the rest is history

I heard this rumour today that ML had a wine business and was more interested in that than the swans, i've not heard it before.

I wonder if "all" of the board was fully in favour of those appointments my understanding is that the board was split on Gary
FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:59 - May 6 with 2918 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:57 - May 6 by libertine

and the rest is history

I heard this rumour today that ML had a wine business and was more interested in that than the swans, i've not heard it before.

I wonder if "all" of the board was fully in favour of those appointments my understanding is that the board was split on Gary

You are the poster also known as "Liberty" and I claim my five pounds.

It's not even a good disguise.

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:01 - May 6 with 2907 viewsMagicDaps

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:51 - May 6 by Jackfath

I WONDER if any of the DISSENTERS will respond?

They seemed to completely ignore this point on the thread I started.

I'd agree with the other posters as to what the general consensuses was.

Personally, I wasn't pleased with the Martinez appointment as he was an unknown quantity with no experience. I was personally pleased with Rodgers appointment, but at the time you could see that the majority thought there was a clear lack of ambition in the appointment.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:02 - May 6 with 2900 viewsIAN05

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 19:57 - May 6 by libertine

and the rest is history

I think you can rest assured that there was probably differences of opinion over every appointment, it would be a very unique group of football fans to have 100% opinions on these things.
FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:02 - May 6 with 2895 viewslonglostjack

Somebody with MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE like van Gaal who doesn''t GRIN

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:03 - May 6 with 2884 viewsCatullus

I supported Rodgers! I said, much as I am saying now about Monk, that he would have his chance.

Did I have reservations, yes, his record was questionable.
I have reservations about Monk too, but he'll get my full support. Until he no longer deserves it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:04 - May 6 with 2883 viewsNeath_Jack

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:02 - May 6 by IAN05

I think you can rest assured that there was probably differences of opinion over every appointment, it would be a very unique group of football fans to have 100% opinions on these things.

Laudrup was pretty much accepted as a good appointment.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:05 - May 6 with 2873 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:04 - May 6 by Neath_Jack

Laudrup was pretty much accepted as a good appointment.

As was Sousa. Very few, if any, complained about those two when they were appointed.

Sensing a theme.

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:07 - May 6 with 2861 viewsJackfath

A NAME, we need a NAME.

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:08 - May 6 with 2859 viewsNeath_Jack

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:05 - May 6 by exiledclaseboy

As was Sousa. Very few, if any, complained about those two when they were appointed.

Sensing a theme.

Wouldn't be because they were big names in football would it? And they were double bubble as they were foreign who had played at big clubs too. No, surely not............

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:09 - May 6 with 2848 viewswaynekerr55

Yes. I think WARWICK DAVIES is a household name who would do WELL

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:09 - May 6 with 2848 viewsMusical_Swan

This thread is unusually one sided! The cliques have started on PS now as well! Ffs sake it's all Monks fault!!!

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:10 - May 6 with 2844 viewsVetchitBack

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:07 - May 6 by Jackfath

A NAME, we need a NAME.

That (although they won't admit it) is as far as it goes for some.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:11 - May 6 with 2834 viewsJackfath

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:10 - May 6 by VetchitBack

That (although they won't admit it) is as far as it goes for some.

It's as OBVIOUS as the piss stain on OJs Farahs my friend.

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:12 - May 6 with 2828 viewslonglostjack

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:07 - May 6 by Jackfath

A NAME, we need a NAME.

VOGTS

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:12 - May 6 with 2823 viewswaynekerr55

FAO The anti-monk brigade on 20:09 - May 6 by Musical_Swan

This thread is unusually one sided! The cliques have started on PS now as well! Ffs sake it's all Monks fault!!!

Are you implying that there is an INNER CIRCLE on PS? Bloody Monk

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024