Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge 07:37 - Apr 29 with 16686 viewsHuw57

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-reflect-Garry-Monk-s-time-c

Fingers crossed for Garry.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 14:31 - Apr 30 with 1305 viewsBackHeel

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 07:56 - Apr 29 by jacksinceever

I would either prefer to have a different more experienced manager or a guiding hand brought in to help Garry on what will continue to be a big learning curve next season.

Monk done well enough to deserve the role full-time, but he needs some experienced old-heads alongside him (like Billy Ayre under Jan Molby)
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 14:52 - Apr 30 with 1262 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 14:09 - Apr 30 by JackSomething

Yes Spratty, it's others dragging it back to Laudrup, nothing to do with you.

Cardiff was the only match we expected to win under Laudrup that we didn't? That's a very poor effort Spratty.

By the by, Cardiff's form coming into our game was:

Played 9, won 2, drew 3, lost 4. They went on to take 5 points from the next 6 games.

West Brom's previous 9 games contained 1 win, 4 draws, 4 defeats. They went on to take 8 points from their next 6 games to date.

So the teams came into their respective games with us on exactly the same number of points from the previous 9 games and West Brom went on to win 3 points more from their next 6.

So were Cardiff really in such bad form compared to West Brom?

It's good that everyone is finally seeing through Spratty.
(except Scouce of course)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:48 - Apr 30 with 1212 viewsperchrockjack

Seen through spratty via an internet chat room. Jesus, you really do take this board to be life itself.

anyway a good excuse

for this

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:21 - Apr 30 with 1184 viewsSpratty

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 14:09 - Apr 30 by JackSomething

Yes Spratty, it's others dragging it back to Laudrup, nothing to do with you.

Cardiff was the only match we expected to win under Laudrup that we didn't? That's a very poor effort Spratty.

By the by, Cardiff's form coming into our game was:

Played 9, won 2, drew 3, lost 4. They went on to take 5 points from the next 6 games.

West Brom's previous 9 games contained 1 win, 4 draws, 4 defeats. They went on to take 8 points from their next 6 games to date.

So the teams came into their respective games with us on exactly the same number of points from the previous 9 games and West Brom went on to win 3 points more from their next 6.

So were Cardiff really in such bad form compared to West Brom?

Oh give it a rest, you knew full well my comment related to ECB slagging off posters for thinking we should win certain games.

"Poor effort" - what when I clearly said Cardiff away was a poor game that supporters rightfully hoped / expected to win and there was no excuse for losing it. Honesty not suit your agenda? Were you disappointed because you incorrectly suggested I would make excuses up for it. Must be confusing me with Monk apologists. Lets see we had a great 1st half and except for the minute when Caulker scored from the corner we didn't lose at all (await Darren to quote that as a real excuse). Dear me join the braying mob, you have all the qualities.

"So were Cardiff really in such bad form compared to West Brom?"

What an earth are you talking about, I made it clear that it was West Brom in bad (horrendous) form and that is why I said abysmal. It seemed quite clear to the commentators at the time who were particularly commenting on it. Surprised it passed you by. They had won 1 game in the last 19 before they beat us on the 15th March. In fact before they beat us on 15th of March they had not won away since September when they had a few bright games at the start of their season and then fell into serious decline. Add to that they are a team we have played some of our best football against even when they were in top form plus we had 2 weeks to prepare and the mighty GM at the helm. I think many were expecting us to win, certainly lots seemed gutted on here after the match.

But this is pointless as it has nothing to do with the subject of my post, which was was is it unreasonable for ECB to slag posters off for hoping / expecting to win certain games. It does not matter who they were under. But please don't let that stop you.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:32 - Apr 30 with 1163 viewsSpratty

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 13:11 - Apr 30 by jackforever

surely every appointment is a risk. A foreign coach with no experience of english football and a massive ego is a risk. A guy sacked by reading is a risk, a spaniard with no managerial experience is a risk, a double champions league winner is a risk.

All of life is a risk, the trick is mitigating that risk. Playing the percentages to achieve success.

To take a rookie and unqualified manager with no previous experience, for him to be a success for this club would bring amazing kudos to Huw et al. It is of course possible this will work and Monk will rise above the mundane and prove himself of the exceptional quality required to take us forward.

If we look for a qualified and experienced manager with wider contacts, someone who has experience of strengthening and realigning a team, someone who has shown the tactical nous to kick a team on by doing this, then there is far less risk. Of course this could fail. However the Board will also be carefully considering the fit with the club before recruitment. Here you will have mitigated the inexperience and the limited contacts and possibly brought in a manager that might be part of the clubs draw.

I suppose its like betting on 36 or evens. If 36 comes up you look good (but still had a 50/50 chance of winning on evens). However the risks of losing are very high both on the club and on those that take the decision. This is most especially the case if they pursue the high risk strategy and it fails.

Monk may be seen as the safe option, but in reality he is far from that. I have other concerns which include his part in factions and his need to publicly criticise both players and those that do not see things his way. His need to be no. 1 and seeing anything else as a failure also concerns me that his prime motive is self achievement. Of course that would be achievement for the club too, but Monk perhaps fails to see that with his massive inexperience (let alone not even qualified) the club may be better served with him as no. 2 for now.

I agree with anyone who says he has been dropped in at the deep end and worked really hard to achieve his best. He has also been massively rewarded as well as being given an exceptional opportunity.

Two questions in that though
1. Was he dropped in the deep end or was his amazing opportunity engineered in the first place by him and Ash, potentially putting our club at risk and costing it millions. Some of their own comments seem to support this and it has been said that the reason Huw had his sudden rethink was because senior players refused to work alongside ML.
2. Is it any wonder he would work his socks off to lay claim to the job of a lifetime for someone in his position? Let alone the 1/2 mill for keeping up a team that were unlikely to go down.

Interesting times.
Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:37 - Apr 30 with 1158 viewsDrizzy

F*cking hell, Sprat, you're a tedious c*nt.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 16:38 - Apr 30 with 1153 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 15:48 - Apr 30 by perchrockjack

Seen through spratty via an internet chat room. Jesus, you really do take this board to be life itself.

anyway a good excuse

for this

Obviously what he's posting via an internet chat room isn't what he really thinks then?

Seriously you just don't get the internet do you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 17:50 - Apr 30 with 1105 viewsHuw57

I always think British managers are better at persuading players for some reason..

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 17:59 - Apr 30 with 1091 viewsDr_Winston

The Cardiff game was an abject, miserable f*cking surrender. We picked a side to sneak a point away at one of the worst teams in the division and couldn't even manage that.

The sight of Wilfried Bony kicking his heels on the bench whilst a limping Michu carried on playing was undoubtedly the moment when Laudrup's sacking became only a matter of time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 18:04 - Apr 30 with 1082 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Huw Jenkins to Reflect on Garry Monk's time in charge on 17:59 - Apr 30 by Dr_Winston

The Cardiff game was an abject, miserable f*cking surrender. We picked a side to sneak a point away at one of the worst teams in the division and couldn't even manage that.

The sight of Wilfried Bony kicking his heels on the bench whilst a limping Michu carried on playing was undoubtedly the moment when Laudrup's sacking became only a matter of time.

Straw/Camel's back for both ML and Michu's season and maybe career.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024