Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager 16:09 - Apr 12 with 2620 viewsieuan95

So far i think the job that monk has done is superb, he put new life into the players and although were not winning too many games, the team looks stronger than it did at the end of laudrups reign. The problem is that the club is a multi-million pound business, so there is a strong possibility huw jenkins will replace monk with a more experienced manager at the end of the season. Just wanted to ask the question of who you would like to replace him, if he did go.

For me id like to see marcelo bielsa take over. He is experienced and a proven manager, and afterall he inspired pep guardiolas style of football. Of course thats if we could lure him to the club. He plays a similar style to swansea and he'd definitely fit in.

Im still in support of monk and think hes doing a great job under the circumstances!!
New manager on 16:11 - Apr 12 with 1912 viewsDrizzle

Wow. What a great idea for a thread. I'm surprised there aren't already 17 or 18 just like it.
New manager on 16:22 - Apr 12 with 1871 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bielsa is an excellent choice, Ieuan, although how you can say Monk has done a superb job when he has won 2 games out of 12 I don't know.

Let that sink in, Ieuan. Two games out of twelve. He has done a disastrous job and as we speak we are 3 points off 18th place. How you can say he has done a superb job baffles me.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 16:30]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New manager on 16:27 - Apr 12 with 1832 viewsSpratty

It's like groundhog day

I agree the team should look stronger when all the players are fit and not having to play 50% more games. Should definitely be getting better results (unfortunately far from it).

I agree we need a qualified manager.
New manager on 16:35 - Apr 12 with 1805 viewsJethroJack

New manager on 16:22 - Apr 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Bielsa is an excellent choice, Ieuan, although how you can say Monk has done a superb job when he has won 2 games out of 12 I don't know.

Let that sink in, Ieuan. Two games out of twelve. He has done a disastrous job and as we speak we are 3 points off 18th place. How you can say he has done a superb job baffles me.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 16:30]

9 points from 9 prem games ....better than Laudrup's 5 points from HIS last 9 games.
Narrow defeats on merseyside....compared to the hammerings Arsenal took.
2 admirable performances against Napoli.
Only poor performances, 2 second halves plus Hull.
Why don't you put that in your pipe & smoke it, eh
New manager on 16:39 - Apr 12 with 1777 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New manager on 16:35 - Apr 12 by JethroJack

9 points from 9 prem games ....better than Laudrup's 5 points from HIS last 9 games.

I don't smoke. Neither do I use those E-Cig items.

Nine points from nine games isn't very good. It's almost relegation form. Two wins from twelve is appalling. I really could not care if we performed admirably at Anfield. We came away with zero points. Points are what keeps you in this league, not performances. How are Blackpool doing these days?

New manager on 16:52 - Apr 12 with 1740 viewsSpratty

New manager on 16:35 - Apr 12 by JethroJack

And with a fully fit team GM only achieving at 65% of last years PL points for like for like games.

Pre GM achieving at 96% and still in Europe and FA Cup

Unless you think the quality of the opposition has no impact on the likelihood of winning
New manager on 23:41 - Apr 12 with 1582 viewsJethroJack

New manager on 16:39 - Apr 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't smoke. Neither do I use those E-Cig items.

Nine points from nine games isn't very good. It's almost relegation form. Two wins from twelve is appalling. I really could not care if we performed admirably at Anfield. We came away with zero points. Points are what keeps you in this league, not performances. How are Blackpool doing these days?

Chew some gum instead then.
9pts may not be very good in your eyes, but even you can't deny its better than 5.
New manager on 23:45 - Apr 12 with 1571 viewsQuakerJack

Rossler or Clement. Monk superb job. Oh no!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

New manager on 23:46 - Apr 12 with 1569 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New manager on 23:41 - Apr 12 by JethroJack

Chew some gum instead then.
9pts may not be very good in your eyes, but even you can't deny its better than 5.

I am not defending Laudrup in the slightest. I started posting regularly on this forum in an attempt to lobby people into wanting Laudrup to be sacked.

But you cannot compare Laudrups final 9 games to Monks first 9. Laudrup had a hugely depleted squad and the fixture list was extremely congested. I personally think we'd have more points under Laudrup in the past 9 games, but no one will ever know will have done better. All we know is Garry managed 9 points, and that is not good enough.

New manager on 23:54 - Apr 12 with 1550 viewsNeathJack

New manager on 23:46 - Apr 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I am not defending Laudrup in the slightest. I started posting regularly on this forum in an attempt to lobby people into wanting Laudrup to be sacked.

But you cannot compare Laudrups final 9 games to Monks first 9. Laudrup had a hugely depleted squad and the fixture list was extremely congested. I personally think we'd have more points under Laudrup in the past 9 games, but no one will ever know will have done better. All we know is Garry managed 9 points, and that is not good enough.

Is there a function on this site that will turn you off repeat mode?

If not, at least change the record ffs.
New manager on 23:57 - Apr 12 with 1543 viewsJethroJack

Past 2 seasons under Rodgers & Laudrup we've averaged 1.2pts a game. That's 11pts over 9 games, Garry's currently trailing that slightly, give the guy a chance & he might well achieve a similar average....and having played a range of teams, top, mid & bottom.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 23:59]
New manager on 23:59 - Apr 12 with 1536 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New manager on 23:54 - Apr 12 by NeathJack

Is there a function on this site that will turn you off repeat mode?

If not, at least change the record ffs.

Is this directed at the person who created another 'new manager' thread, or myself for replying to the thread?

New manager on 00:00 - Apr 13 with 1529 viewsNeathJack

New manager on 23:59 - Apr 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Is this directed at the person who created another 'new manager' thread, or myself for replying to the thread?

It's directed at you.
New manager on 00:04 - Apr 13 with 1518 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New manager on 00:00 - Apr 13 by NeathJack

It's directed at you.

Right, well I am simply replying to the topics original post. It is not my fault that the thread title and opening post has been discussed previously on the forum.

New manager on 00:10 - Apr 13 with 1508 viewsNeathJack

New manager on 00:04 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Right, well I am simply replying to the topics original post. It is not my fault that the thread title and opening post has been discussed previously on the forum.

No, but it's your fault that pretty much all you have to say on this forum is criticism of Monk/Jenkins/the board as a whole.

I think by this point everyone is aware of your view seeing as you voice it in pretty much every post you make and in my humble opinion it is making the site a very, very tedious place to visit.

So, seeing as your views on Monks appointment have been more than adequately expressed and seeing as the appointment is not going to change between now and the end of the season, maybe you should wind it in and get behind everyone involved in the current regime as we look to secure our premier league status.

United we stand etc...
New manager on 00:14 - Apr 13 with 1501 viewsjaf69

so you wanted laudrup sacked and ever since you have whinged about his replacement. WOW!!!!!!!
theres an old saying 'the grass isn't always greener on the other side' maybe you should think about that in future.
New manager on 00:14 - Apr 13 with 1501 viewsJethroJack

New manager on 00:04 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What NeathJack is on about (as am I) is your incessant criticism of Garry Monk.
Your claim that 9pts in 9 games not being good enough is utter bollox.
By the end of the season, be stands every chance of getting close to the 1.2pts per game average that Rodgers & Laudrup achieved.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 0:16]
New manager on 00:17 - Apr 13 with 1491 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New manager on 00:10 - Apr 13 by NeathJack

No, but it's your fault that pretty much all you have to say on this forum is criticism of Monk/Jenkins/the board as a whole.

I think by this point everyone is aware of your view seeing as you voice it in pretty much every post you make and in my humble opinion it is making the site a very, very tedious place to visit.

So, seeing as your views on Monks appointment have been more than adequately expressed and seeing as the appointment is not going to change between now and the end of the season, maybe you should wind it in and get behind everyone involved in the current regime as we look to secure our premier league status.

United we stand etc...

I will not get behind the current regime (Monk, Curtis and whoever whispers in Monks ear each game) as I do not believe they are doing Swansea City any benefit. Me making my views clear on this forum is not going to impact whether or not we secure our Premier League status. The people who will influence that outcome are our board, our staff and our playing staff. If our fans #United like they did during the Cardiff game then that may well influence our efforts on the pitch, but that level of vocal support is unlikely to be created again anytime soon now Cardiff will soon be in a lower division than us.

(Yes I think we will stay up, but it will be extremely tight)

New manager on 00:22 - Apr 13 with 1478 viewsNeathJack

New manager on 00:17 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I will not get behind the current regime (Monk, Curtis and whoever whispers in Monks ear each game) as I do not believe they are doing Swansea City any benefit. Me making my views clear on this forum is not going to impact whether or not we secure our Premier League status. The people who will influence that outcome are our board, our staff and our playing staff. If our fans #United like they did during the Cardiff game then that may well influence our efforts on the pitch, but that level of vocal support is unlikely to be created again anytime soon now Cardiff will soon be in a lower division than us.

Your views have been made clear time and time again are have gone far beyond tedium.

The fact that you are unwilling to get behind the "current regime" in the time that the fans are needed most tells me you are as much a Swans fan as I am a fan of Dwight Yorke, or Manchester United.

Criticise in the summer by all means, but right now get behind everyone single man that is fighting to keep us in this league.
New manager on 00:26 - Apr 13 with 1473 viewsjaf69

New manager on 00:17 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

'if our fans united' dam maybe you should take a look at yourself on that score.
New manager on 00:28 - Apr 13 with 1462 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New manager on 00:22 - Apr 13 by NeathJack

Your views have been made clear time and time again are have gone far beyond tedium.

The fact that you are unwilling to get behind the "current regime" in the time that the fans are needed most tells me you are as much a Swans fan as I am a fan of Dwight Yorke, or Manchester United.

Criticise in the summer by all means, but right now get behind everyone single man that is fighting to keep us in this league.

Can you please define 'getting behind the current regime'.

I went to Hull last week, I sang throughout the game along with the 100 or so individuals who also sang all game. I did not join in with the 'Super Garry Monk' chant and I also did not join in with the 'England is full of...' chant either.

I struggle to think of what else I can do apart from provide vocal support during the games I attend.

The job of keeping us in the league now is firmly in the hands of the players and whoever makes the tactical decisions before and during games.

New manager on 00:35 - Apr 13 with 1451 viewsNeathJack

New manager on 00:28 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I went to Hull last week, I sang throughout the game along with the 100 or so individuals who also sang all game. I did not join in with the 'Super Garry Monk' chant and I also did not join in with the 'England is full of...' chant either.

I struggle to think of what else I can do apart from provide vocal support during the games I attend.

The job of keeping us in the league now is firmly in the hands of the players and whoever makes the tactical decisions before and during games.

You're such a good supporter that you refused to chant in support of our head coach?
New manager on 00:52 - Apr 13 with 1431 viewsSpratty

New manager on 00:35 - Apr 13 by NeathJack

You're such a good supporter that you refused to chant in support of our head coach?

As you know he is far from the only one.
New manager on 01:17 - Apr 13 with 1406 viewsJethroJack

New manager on 00:28 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Oi, Dwight, you seem to have gone all shy over the 9pts in 9 games vs 1.2pts average per game ......cat got your tongue at last, eh
New manager on 02:45 - Apr 13 with 1376 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New manager on 01:17 - Apr 13 by JethroJack

Oi, Dwight, you seem to have gone all shy over the 9pts in 9 games vs 1.2pts average per game ......cat got your tongue at last, eh

You are talking about what might happen. I am talking about what is currently happening. We currently have 2 wins from 12 and 9 points from 9 games in the league. I sincerely hope that Monk's point average come the end of the season is 1.2 as that would mean the results in our final games have improved and steered us clear of relegation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024