Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? 16:39 - Feb 23 with 1527 viewsmarchamjack

Before Monk took over, it seemed most on here wanted us out of the Europa League (I wasn't one of them, enjoying too much my trips to Valencia, Romania and now Naples coming this week) to concentrate on staying in the Prem.

Seems now most people looking forward to us playing Napoli and thinking we have a chance to progress (which I do too, although clearly very tough).

So, who fancies Porto or Frankfurt in the next round?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 16:41 - Feb 23 with 1519 viewsDarran

Yes I said this last night.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 16:44 - Feb 23 with 1510 viewsDewi1jack

Have been looking forward to an away day in Turin all season.
If Fulham can do it, why can't we sort of touch
Porto next round. Bit warmer for the lads and lasses travelling (and maybe a bit easier to play than Frankfurt.)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 16:51 - Feb 23 with 1485 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What is the point of anything if we are going to give up on the EL now? He'll if we beat Napoli or just progress into the last 16 of the EL I'd take a defeat against palace no bother.
We will stay up regardless but this is a huge opportunity on the European front for a club the size of ours.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 16:54 - Feb 23 with 1467 viewsRancid

Hell yeah!! I've been to Frankfurt too and it's quite some place.
Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 17:39 - Feb 23 with 1388 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 16:51 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

What is the point of anything if we are going to give up on the EL now? He'll if we beat Napoli or just progress into the last 16 of the EL I'd take a defeat against palace no bother.
We will stay up regardless but this is a huge opportunity on the European front for a club the size of ours.

If you think it is going to be easy to stay up, don't be so sure, Norwich are beating Spurs 1-0 which will put them on 28 points as well.
This season is a long way from over and the bottom teams are absolutely desperate.
Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 17:41 - Feb 23 with 1382 viewsLiam12345

nice and glamorous init

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 17:56 - Feb 23 with 1330 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 17:39 - Feb 23 by A_Fans_Dad

If you think it is going to be easy to stay up, don't be so sure, Norwich are beating Spurs 1-0 which will put them on 28 points as well.
This season is a long way from over and the bottom teams are absolutely desperate.

I understand that but we are a much different proposition now. There are at least 5 worse teams than us and I fully expect us to finish around about 12th position, EL included or if we go out to Napoli a better position may be on the cards.

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 18:30 - Feb 23 with 1289 viewsshingle

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 16:51 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Three points against Palace could by vital for our premier league survival, i try not to call you anything but boy it`s hard.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 18:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 19:24 - Feb 23 with 1220 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 18:30 - Feb 23 by shingle

Three points against Palace could by vital for our premier league survival, i try not to call you anything but boy it`s hard.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 18:30]

Yes of course PL survival is the ultimate but I'd hate us to put out a weakened team in Naples and bow out of Europe especially after the huge performance we put in on Thursday. If we lost to Palace and stayed up comfortably anyway would you regret not going to Naples and having a right go?

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 20:25 - Feb 23 with 1155 viewsshingle

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 19:24 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes of course PL survival is the ultimate but I'd hate us to put out a weakened team in Naples and bow out of Europe especially after the huge performance we put in on Thursday. If we lost to Palace and stayed up comfortably anyway would you regret not going to Naples and having a right go?

As i say for me staying in the Prem is the be all we are in danger of losing it, and i want our players fit and fresh for the last 11 games when all the teams in danger will be going all out to pick up points.
Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 00:54 - Feb 24 with 1054 viewsJethroJack

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 16:44 - Feb 23 by Dewi1jack

Have been looking forward to an away day in Turin all season.
If Fulham can do it, why can't we sort of touch
Porto next round. Bit warmer for the lads and lasses travelling (and maybe a bit easier to play than Frankfurt.)

More likely to be Frankfurt though isn't it....after the 2-2 at Porto in the first leg.
Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 14:57 - Feb 24 with 940 viewsmacman

Well, it's a bit of a headache isn't - before Thursday it was pretty clear - just roll out the A-team, but now with the Palace game following so closely softer approach might be needed.
What if the match on Thursday goes into extra time? Palace not fallen out the back at all, just 2 points behind or even 1 point ahead, if they win the game they are behind, will hit us full strength.

On the other hand by fortune, the West brom game has been postponed so a big break is there to recover.
Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 17:06 - Feb 24 with 892 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Some of those teams "below us" are currently on a bit of a charge, both Palace and Norwich, it is going to get very tough to get points from here on in.
Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 17:59 - Feb 24 with 868 viewsslate_dk

We should have won the first match on the performance in the first half; but alas it was not to be.
Now lets steal the match with a goal down there.

Napoli playing Genoa tonight... in 2 hours; can always hope that Genoa rough them up a bit
Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 18:11 - Feb 24 with 853 viewsshingle

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 17:06 - Feb 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Some of those teams "below us" are currently on a bit of a charge, both Palace and Norwich, it is going to get very tough to get points from here on in.

Problem is half the headers on here think that against teams like Palace and Norwich 3 points are more or less in the bag, they also seem to think the Europa cup is having no bearing on our Premier league survival.
Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 19:34 - Feb 24 with 813 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 18:11 - Feb 24 by shingle

Problem is half the headers on here think that against teams like Palace and Norwich 3 points are more or less in the bag, they also seem to think the Europa cup is having no bearing on our Premier league survival.

I know I have had these discussions before.
But it is ultimately the Club's decision.
Has the feeling changed about Napoli and the Europa League now? on 20:27 - Feb 24 with 789 viewsquiff

It's baffled me for most of the season, as long as we stay up in the PL, which we will do with ease - lets enjoy a European competition we're unlikley to be in again any time soon.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024