Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A tale of two bosses 19:34 - Aug 17 with 2869 viewsPaddyhoops

Didn't make the game today so whilst replacing the lead flashing on my roof . I was listening to five live . Mark warburton as always talked a lot of sense However Gareth Ainsworth whilst discussing the departure of Ryan Lowe at Preston . He basically said that the likes of Preston and QPR had been left behind by some bigger clubs in the championship and should temper their expectations.
He obviously alluded to his time here and the expectations of our fans.
He has a point in relation to being left behind by bigger cubs but surely if think small and think every else is better than you . You will ultimately fail which in the end , he did .
Love Gareth but sometimes you think . Stop digging.
A tale of two bosses on 19:43 - Aug 17 with 2752 viewsBoston

Chimney and Valleys, that's a fuggin days work out!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A tale of two bosses on 20:09 - Aug 17 with 2549 viewsbaz_qpr

The game was a tale of two bosses too, ours earned us the point theirs was not good enough to get them the 3 they should have got with a 2-0 lead. Would have been a thrashing under Gareth
A tale of two bosses on 20:14 - Aug 17 with 2499 viewsDamo1962

I have zero expectations of challenging at the top of the Championship...and that suits me fine personally. The hard nosed realty, is that the most competitive league in the world... is becoming a second Prem League unfortunately. Of course a massive injection of cash to either us or Preston, could change things. Until that happens, I'm content with just being competitive and not an easy push over anymore.
A tale of two bosses on 20:23 - Aug 17 with 2406 viewsManinBlack

Gareth is right in many ways about us being left behind. We see clubs like Burnley, West Brom, Leeds etc bobbing up and down aided by parachute money making it harder for us as a bargain basement club because we frittered away the money we did have. These clubs challenge for promotion while we fight relegation.

People talk about Sheffield Utd and Luton being in the promotion hunt again because they were in the Prem but we are not seen as contenders. I think Gareth is realistic rather than sour grapes from him but he did make us worse no question.
A tale of two bosses on 06:47 - Aug 18 with 1710 viewsNorthantsHoop

As a Championship mainstay of which we are and likely to be for a while longer, progress is starting to happen again after the disasters of Beale(chancer) Critchley(wrong fit) and Ainsworth (out of his depth). I sort of feel we made great progress under Mark Warburton but he was undone by probably the politics at the club. With Marti and his team plus Noury at the helm we are getting back to being competitive again in this league. We have to find a way to bridge the gap between the have and have nots now pervading the Championship, it can be done, but I think in the short to medium term the focus should be on getting Loftus Road full of supporters, playing decent football and making it a hard place to come for a result, whereas it has not been that for a number of seasons now.
A tale of two bosses on 08:41 - Aug 18 with 1309 viewsT_Block

Play-offs are possible with this manager.If we get lucky and start scoring goals it could happen quickly.It is simply maintaining last seasons post December form
A tale of two bosses on 09:47 - Aug 18 with 1019 viewsSK_hoops

What we have now is competition and no guaranteed start for three strikers, so hopefully that forces them to play better. Already had two great goals from our strikers this season. Hope they continue to bag goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024