Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff 16:18 - Jul 8 with 2920 viewsonehunglow

Going to be a massive house building program nd all limits removed.
That means green belts nationwide are going to be ripped up .
Coming to your town soon.
Green ,not.

The first signs of utter philistines

Here, we have been fighting labours plan to build thousands of home on green belt that has been protected down the years .
Now this mob want to rip it up.

Be worried folks . First signs our green and pleasant land will be raped by this lot .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:36 - Jul 9 with 1022 viewsAnotherJohn

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 13:24 - Jul 9 by onehunglow

NIMBY
We are all NIMBY
It’s about when

We need more houses to accommodate our existing population. The problem is that our population is growing at such an alarming rate that I can't see how we can keep up.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:42 - Jul 9 with 1007 viewsBoundy

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:36 - Jul 9 by AnotherJohn

We need more houses to accommodate our existing population. The problem is that our population is growing at such an alarming rate that I can't see how we can keep up.

Our population growing is not helped by the extremely loose immigration polices or rather lack of .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:52 - Jul 9 with 974 viewsWhiterockin

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:42 - Jul 9 by Boundy

Our population growing is not helped by the extremely loose immigration polices or rather lack of .

They are just building more houses to accommodate all the people they are going to let in.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:53 - Jul 9 with 970 viewsonehunglow

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:36 - Jul 9 by AnotherJohn

But building houses should not mean destroying the local habitat and countryside
People need this
We could start with curtailing entrants try this island
This is the result

We are surrounded by farmland /green belt and some of it earmarked for building . The infrastructure would burst and we would see utterly choked up roads .
This is not living

Houses planned would be expensive ones,not affordable ones.

I hope I don’t live to see it .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 16:06 - Jul 9 with 916 viewsBoundy

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:52 - Jul 9 by Whiterockin

They are just building more houses to accommodate all the people they are going to let in.

Its just they haven't told anyone yet but I suspect you're right.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 17:53 - Jul 9 with 872 viewsmajorraglan

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 16:06 - Jul 9 by Boundy

Its just they haven't told anyone yet but I suspect you're right.

I don’t think they can afford to do nothing about immigration.

Whether people want to believe it or not, we’ve seen from the last GE that immigration is a big issue for a significant number of people in the U.K. - I think research showed it was the 3rd or 4th most important priority for most people.

If Labour want to win the next GE, they’ve got to deal with immigration once and for all, if they do that they’ll take the ground from under Reform and they’ll show the conservatives in a bad light.

Immigration has been shown to boost growth which is why the last government allowed the numbers to increase, but without increasing the infrastructure correspondingly it can causes a lot of issues.

What concerns me is how we are going to deliver this increase in building houses without compromising quality. Some of the large house building companies turnout some really poor products already and significantly increasing the out may make that worse, I’d like to see the government increase standards significantly. We don’t have enough trades people either, so that could create further immigration.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 19:25 - Jul 9 with 827 viewsFlashberryjack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 17:53 - Jul 9 by majorraglan

Whether people want to believe it or not, we’ve seen from the last GE that immigration is a big issue for a significant number of people in the U.K. - I think research showed it was the 3rd or 4th most important priority for most people.

If Labour want to win the next GE, they’ve got to deal with immigration once and for all, if they do that they’ll take the ground from under Reform and they’ll show the conservatives in a bad light.

Immigration has been shown to boost growth which is why the last government allowed the numbers to increase, but without increasing the infrastructure correspondingly it can causes a lot of issues.

What concerns me is how we are going to deliver this increase in building houses without compromising quality. Some of the large house building companies turnout some really poor products already and significantly increasing the out may make that worse, I’d like to see the government increase standards significantly. We don’t have enough trades people either, so that could create further immigration.

To sort the immigration problem once and for all, will need a strong government not afraid to make a lot of harsh and unpopular decisions, if the Conservatives didn't have the stomach to do that, I just can't see Labour having anymore stomach for the job than the last bunch.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 22:43 - Jul 9 with 772 viewsAnotherJohn

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 17:53 - Jul 9 by majorraglan

Agree with most of this. My only caveat would be that there is a question mark against how far recent immigration to the UK has led to economic growth. In aggregate terms, yes to a rather weak degree, but immigration has had a negative effect on per capita productivity. Low productivity is why we are in such dire straits and it is no coincidence that this comes at the end of a period of record immigration.
Login to get fewer ads

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 09:56 - Jul 10 with 668 viewscontroversial_jack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 22:43 - Jul 9 by AnotherJohn

Agree with most of this. My only caveat would be that there is a question mark against how far recent immigration to the UK has led to economic growth. In aggregate terms, yes to a rather weak degree, but immigration has had a negative effect on per capita productivity. Low productivity is why we are in such dire straits and it is no coincidence that this comes at the end of a period of record immigration.

We are low productivity, and why is this the fault of Immigration? Low productivity is because of low investment into industry etc. The US has a bigger immigration problem then we have, but they are much more productive, because they have greater investment by their companies. Companies here are just interested in cut backs and redundancies to increase their profits short term, so their CEOS, can get a great great bonus
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 11:54 - Jul 10 with 626 viewsAnotherJohn

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 09:56 - Jul 10 by controversial_jack

We are low productivity, and why is this the fault of Immigration? Low productivity is because of low investment into industry etc. The US has a bigger immigration problem then we have, but they are much more productive, because they have greater investment by their companies. Companies here are just interested in cut backs and redundancies to increase their profits short term, so their CEOS, can get a great great bonus

Several reasons:

Cheap labour leads to delays in investment linked to greater use of automation.

Influx of relatively unskilled labour which depresses wages, depresses the per capita tax take, and means fewer people are making a net fiscal contribution.

A large number of immigrants are not entitled to work under existing rules, and consume government revenues in a way that does not aid economic growth.

You have been peddling the economic growth argument for a long time, but just put graphs of per capita productivity, and per capita GDP alongside a graph of total annual numbers of arrivals over time. If immigration was really so good for economic growth we wouldn't be where we are.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 12:16 - Jul 10 with 589 viewscontroversial_jack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 11:54 - Jul 10 by AnotherJohn

Several reasons:

Cheap labour leads to delays in investment linked to greater use of automation.

Influx of relatively unskilled labour which depresses wages, depresses the per capita tax take, and means fewer people are making a net fiscal contribution.

A large number of immigrants are not entitled to work under existing rules, and consume government revenues in a way that does not aid economic growth.

You have been peddling the economic growth argument for a long time, but just put graphs of per capita productivity, and per capita GDP alongside a graph of total annual numbers of arrivals over time. If immigration was really so good for economic growth we wouldn't be where we are.

That hasn't answer the question of, why other countries will similar or more immigration than us are being more productive?
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:29 - Jul 10 with 528 viewsAnotherJohn

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 12:16 - Jul 10 by controversial_jack

That hasn't answer the question of, why other countries will similar or more immigration than us are being more productive?

The question, in case you forgot, is: has immigration driven economic growth in the UK? If interested in the wider picture then you would need to show how far the 3 graphs I mentioned are similar or different for a given country. Actually several EU countries, including Germany, don't look to be in a great position either. The USA is different because it offers far less social protection for poorer people, with an obvious impact on public expenditure and the economy. As Milton Freidman said, you can have a welfare state or you can have free immigration, but not both.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:41 - Jul 10 with 521 viewscontroversial_jack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:29 - Jul 10 by AnotherJohn

The question, in case you forgot, is: has immigration driven economic growth in the UK? If interested in the wider picture then you would need to show how far the 3 graphs I mentioned are similar or different for a given country. Actually several EU countries, including Germany, don't look to be in a great position either. The USA is different because it offers far less social protection for poorer people, with an obvious impact on public expenditure and the economy. As Milton Freidman said, you can have a welfare state or you can have free immigration, but not both.

https://www.economicsobservatory.com/how-can-the-uk-revive-its-ailing-productivi

Nothing mentioned about immigration. Countries with higher immigration than us are more productive
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 10:36 - Jul 13 with 380 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 14:41 - Jul 10 by controversial_jack

https://www.economicsobservatory.com/how-can-the-uk-revive-its-ailing-productivi

Nothing mentioned about immigration. Countries with higher immigration than us are more productive

How do you explain Russian with its huge population and vast resources being less productive than smaller Countries like Germany, Japan, UK, France, Italy and Canada?

Russia is 57th in the GDP list per capita.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 11:07 - Jul 13 with 356 viewsDr_Winston

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 10:36 - Jul 13 by felixstowe_jack

How do you explain Russian with its huge population and vast resources being less productive than smaller Countries like Germany, Japan, UK, France, Italy and Canada?

Vodka?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 16:27 - Jul 13 with 314 viewsSullutaCreturned

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 09:56 - Jul 10 by controversial_jack

Here we go, this is true, in my opinion. All across the Uk we have had little investment in the infrastructure OR in people.
The CEO's/boards/senior managers have been busy making those cuts AND increasing prices and pocketting the profits, taking pay rises and dividends for them and their shareholders while the businesses just get run down and we have seen it almost everywhere.

Look at all the privatised utilities and Royal Mail/Post Office, all more expensive, all providing a worse service and all have paid out a large amount to the people at the top. And the worse of these is possibly Thames Water,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/troubled-thames-water-braces-for-enormous-f

Literally everywhere we look prices are rising and service is worse, Government local and nationali included. Our council tax went up by more than inflation but they are cutting again, black bin collections or garden waste collection is going to change.

Labour has to make changes, has to bring back common sense to the everyday rip offs we all face.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 10:06 - Jul 15 with 218 viewscontroversial_jack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 10:36 - Jul 13 by felixstowe_jack

GDP and productivity are not the same. To be honest , I don't know how productive they are. Their GDP although small is built of actual production and industry , while many countries are on services. Their economy at the moment is on a war footing and it's booming.Their factories are working full time and they are getting big investment from inside and outside the country
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 12:06 - Jul 15 with 184 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 10:06 - Jul 15 by controversial_jack

GDP and productivity are not the same. To be honest , I don't know how productive they are. Their GDP although small is built of actual production and industry , while many countries are on services. Their economy at the moment is on a war footing and it's booming.Their factories are working full time and they are getting big investment from inside and outside the country

Correct the Russians are not very productive and have a low GDP per capita. Probably a result of communism and dictatorships by their government.

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 12:12 - Jul 15 with 179 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Apparently 13 out 24 labour cabinet members are Nimbies having objected to local housing planning applications in their constituencies.

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 12:32 - Jul 15 with 172 viewscontroversial_jack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 12:06 - Jul 15 by felixstowe_jack

Correct the Russians are not very productive and have a low GDP per capita. Probably a result of communism and dictatorships by their government.

I hate to break this to you, but Russia has a market economy like ours
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024