Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... 13:20 - Jul 8 with 1863 viewstheloneranger

"Ospreys have announced their new stadium will be based at St Helen’s in Swansea, with the Welsh region hoping to move in time for the start of the 2025-26 season."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/articles/c98q79j7y90o

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 16:47 - Jul 8 with 1230 viewsReslovenSwan1

They are going to work with 'Swansea council' to undermine the football club who also worked closely with 'Swansea council' to create a sporting hub for football and rugby.

"Swansea council" get a cut of revenues after they made a deal with American investors for the Swansea.com. I wonder if the American investors can see any conflict of interest in this move.

I wonder if "Swansea council" have done due diligence and checked with the WRU that the region will not be shut down as has been muted in the past.

Three new stands in in fifteen months starting now. Really?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 17:44 - Jul 8 with 1201 viewsraynor94

Great news first thing dump the black shirt, All Whites we are

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 18:08 - Jul 8 with 1184 viewsonehunglow

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 17:44 - Jul 8 by raynor94

Very worst aspect of first Ospreys shirt was Neath first and primarily black .
It should have been Swansea Ospreys with white shirts

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 19:21 - Jul 8 with 1155 viewsmax936

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 17:44 - Jul 8 by raynor94

You need to get those chips off your shoulders Rayns.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 19:38 - Jul 8 with 1132 viewsmax936

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 18:08 - Jul 8 by onehunglow

Very worst aspect of first Ospreys shirt was Neath first and primarily black .
It should have been Swansea Ospreys with white shirts

After the success Neath had, had, the hatred for Neath is plan to see from you and Rayns. Its no wonder rugby fans are seen as parochial when it comes to rugby, Dear Me.

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 20:38 - Jul 8 with 1092 viewsReslovenSwan1

The photos of the new stadium suggests a poor man's Parc y Sgarlets. Three sets of concrete steps with a shiny roof. This is not progress but shrinkage and regression on the cheap. A new version of Stradey Park.

Hospitality will be a tent not the lavish facilities at the Swansea.com. 3000 dry seated fans at Swansea .com with hospitality boxes exchanged for 3000 standing in the rain and cold with a few burger vans.

Swansea RFC is reborn as it was. They beat somebody in 1972 but no one remember who and the kids do not care anyway. The legendary ex MP for Neath being arrested as a young man was the high point.
[Post edited 8 Jul 20:44]

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 21:44 - Jul 8 with 1048 viewstheloneranger

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 20:38 - Jul 8 by ReslovenSwan1

The photos of the new stadium suggests a poor man's Parc y Sgarlets. Three sets of concrete steps with a shiny roof. This is not progress but shrinkage and regression on the cheap. A new version of Stradey Park.

Hospitality will be a tent not the lavish facilities at the Swansea.com. 3000 dry seated fans at Swansea .com with hospitality boxes exchanged for 3000 standing in the rain and cold with a few burger vans.

Swansea RFC is reborn as it was. They beat somebody in 1972 but no one remember who and the kids do not care anyway. The legendary ex MP for Neath being arrested as a young man was the high point.

1972 ?? ...

You've even got the date wrong!!

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 21:58 - Jul 8 with 1020 viewsonehunglow

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 19:38 - Jul 8 by max936

After the success Neath had, had, the hatred for Neath is plan to see from you and Rayns. Its no wonder rugby fans are seen as parochial when it comes to rugby, Dear Me.

Neath were basically thugs .

Login to get fewer ads

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 21:59 - Jul 8 with 1011 viewsonehunglow

They are
Swansea Cardiff
Llanelli v anyone
Cardiff Newport
North v South
East v West
Valley v Valley
City v village

You’re not wrong

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 22:01 - Jul 8 with 1003 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 21:44 - Jul 8 by theloneranger

1972 ?? ...

You've even got the date wrong!!

Like I said nobody cares these days it was 50 years ago against the stiffs who had been on Wind Street the night before.

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 22:09 - Jul 8 with 964 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 22:01 - Jul 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Like I said nobody cares these days it was 50 years ago against the stiffs who had been on Wind Street the night before.

50 years ago there were no clubs and few pubs. Mostly banks the post office and shops with the odd cafe.
Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 22:22 - Jul 8 with 949 viewsBoundy

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 20:38 - Jul 8 by ReslovenSwan1

What photos have been released into the public domain ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 22:39 - Jul 8 with 935 viewsraynor94

It's not hatred Max, I'm no rugby lover but I'm a Swansea lover of all sports within the City, and found it a sad day we were merged with Neath.

I still have a picture of Cuddy on my dartboard 😉

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 17:41 - Jul 9 with 807 viewsmax936

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 21:58 - Jul 8 by onehunglow

Neath were basically thugs .

Absolutely rubbish they played fast aggressive Rugby, Swansea had plenty of thugs in their side if you want to call Neath players Thugs Richard Moriarty, Colclough back a bit further Jeff Wheel, even Merv liked to throw a few in as well.

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 17:57 - Jul 9 with 802 viewsonehunglow

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 17:41 - Jul 9 by max936

Absolutely rubbish they played fast aggressive Rugby, Swansea had plenty of thugs in their side if you want to call Neath players Thugs Richard Moriarty, Colclough back a bit further Jeff Wheel, even Merv liked to throw a few in as well.

No.They didn’t
They were thugs
Want me to name a few…
Let’s start with Richie Pugh …
They revelled in intimidation . Please don’t tell me they didn’t want the Gnoll to be a place of pain .
Surprised of Wirral

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 18:50 - Jul 9 with 770 viewstheloneranger

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 17:57 - Jul 9 by onehunglow

No.They didn’t
They were thugs
Want me to name a few…
They revelled in intimidation . Please don’t tell me they didn’t want the Gnoll to be a place of pain .
Surprised of Wirral

Leave Richie out of it, he's a lovely guy - now Phil Pugh is a different matter!!

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 19:01 - Jul 9 with 758 viewsmax936

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 17:57 - Jul 9 by onehunglow

No.They didn’t
They were thugs
Want me to name a few…
Surprised of Wirral

Richie Pugh was a little fella lighting fast though and more than a decent player. every team wants their ground to be a fortress, Neath back then had a winning mentality driven into them by Brian Thomas and then Ron Waldron, they needed a dominant aggressive pack to achieve what they achieved, they were great to watch produced some great try scoring rugby and were successful.

I loved watching them they were great days!

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 19:27 - Jul 9 with 735 viewsSullutaCreturned

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 16:47 - Jul 8 by ReslovenSwan1

They are going to work with 'Swansea council' to undermine the football club who also worked closely with 'Swansea council' to create a sporting hub for football and rugby.

"Swansea council" get a cut of revenues after they made a deal with American investors for the Swansea.com. I wonder if the American investors can see any conflict of interest in this move.

I wonder if "Swansea council" have done due diligence and checked with the WRU that the region will not be shut down as has been muted in the past.

That first sentence, would anyone describe it as libellous? After all it looks like a statement of fact. It would seem to me to be very stupid to make a claim like that unless there is evidence, have you any evidence?

How can there be a conflict of interest, the Osprey's are leaving the Swansea.com and the council are supporting their next move which sensible Swansea people see as a vey good move, specially the rugby fans. I have spoken with a rugby supporting mate and he is all for it, St Helens is home to him like the Vetch was to football fans, a regenerated St Helens is a blessing.

If the WRU try to disband the Osprey's now I think there will be a legal challenge. It could get messy.

Really...yes.
Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 20:28 - Jul 9 with 707 viewsonehunglow

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 19:01 - Jul 9 by max936

Richie Pugh was a little fella lighting fast though and more than a decent player. every team wants their ground to be a fortress, Neath back then had a winning mentality driven into them by Brian Thomas and then Ron Waldron, they needed a dominant aggressive pack to achieve what they achieved, they were great to watch produced some great try scoring rugby and were successful.

I loved watching them they were great days!

Think I got it wrong .
It was that blond chap Phil Pugh

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 21:47 - Jul 9 with 668 viewsScotia

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 16:47 - Jul 8 by ReslovenSwan1

I have previously mentioned synergies with Dublin's RDS stadium that has two temporary stands.

This was the only obvious choice and could be a great thing for both the Ospreys and Swansea. It's the best location for a multi sports, large capacity stadium in the UK.

I must say Swansea Council are trying their best to develop the city. This is brilliant news and I'm happy that Swansea council use my £220 a month towards projects like this.
Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 23:18 - Jul 9 with 630 viewsAnotherJohn

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 21:47 - Jul 9 by Scotia

I have previously mentioned synergies with Dublin's RDS stadium that has two temporary stands.

This was the only obvious choice and could be a great thing for both the Ospreys and Swansea. It's the best location for a multi sports, large capacity stadium in the UK.

I must say Swansea Council are trying their best to develop the city. This is brilliant news and I'm happy that Swansea council use my £220 a month towards projects like this.

Best location because it is beside the sea? This got me thinking about what other UK stadia are near the ocean, Most that come to mind are football grounds in Scotland - Inverness, Dingwall, and Arbroath Not so sure about England. Fratton Park and Bloomfield Road are close but not in seafront locations.
Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 23:24 - Jul 9 with 626 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 19:27 - Jul 9 by SullutaCreturned

That first sentence, would anyone describe it as libellous? After all it looks like a statement of fact. It would seem to me to be very stupid to make a claim like that unless there is evidence, have you any evidence?

How can there be a conflict of interest, the Osprey's are leaving the Swansea.com and the council are supporting their next move which sensible Swansea people see as a vey good move, specially the rugby fans. I have spoken with a rugby supporting mate and he is all for it, St Helens is home to him like the Vetch was to football fans, a regenerated St Helens is a blessing.

If the WRU try to disband the Osprey's now I think there will be a legal challenge. It could get messy.

Really...yes.

There has been no comment from Swansea city on this matter to date. It is not known if they are happy to see the Ospreys go or not. They will lose some rent money and advertising for sure.

It could be that rent agreement has expired and a new deal was required.

I am seculating the the football club might be a little unhappy if the people they had done a deal with to house the Ospreys were now working with the Ospreys to facilitate their departure leaving a financial black hole.

I alone have mentioned the ideal facilities at Landore and the benefits of 'synergies'. Those synergies are now gone with duplication taking its place to a much lower standard.

Someone asked if there was an artist's impression. It was given in the enclosure and looks crap.

https://swanseabaynews.com/2024/07/08/st-helens-named-as-new-home-for-ospreys-ru

We will have to wait to see Swansea city's reaction.

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 23:50 - Jul 9 with 622 viewsBoundy

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 23:24 - Jul 9 by ReslovenSwan1

There has been no comment from Swansea city on this matter to date. It is not known if they are happy to see the Ospreys go or not. They will lose some rent money and advertising for sure.

It could be that rent agreement has expired and a new deal was required.

I am seculating the the football club might be a little unhappy if the people they had done a deal with to house the Ospreys were now working with the Ospreys to facilitate their departure leaving a financial black hole.

I alone have mentioned the ideal facilities at Landore and the benefits of 'synergies'. Those synergies are now gone with duplication taking its place to a much lower standard.

Someone asked if there was an artist's impression. It was given in the enclosure and looks crap.

https://swanseabaynews.com/2024/07/08/st-helens-named-as-new-home-for-ospreys-ru

We will have to wait to see Swansea city's reaction.

No body asked if it was an artists impression ,the question was have photographs of the new ground been released to the public domain.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 07:28 - Jul 10 with 586 viewsDr_Winston

The vast majority of Ospreys games cost SCFC money to host due to the pathetic attendances. Not to mention the extra pitch maintenance costs etc.

The club can't wait to see the back of them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 10:19 - Jul 10 with 553 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Ospreys choose St Helen's as new stadium home ... on 23:18 - Jul 9 by AnotherJohn

Best location because it is beside the sea? This got me thinking about what other UK stadia are near the ocean, Most that come to mind are football grounds in Scotland - Inverness, Dingwall, and Arbroath Not so sure about England. Fratton Park and Bloomfield Road are close but not in seafront locations.

Aberdeen is pretty close to the sea but it's incredibly inhospitably cold when the wind comes off the north sea, which it does most of the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024