Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal 21:04 - Jul 5 with 957 viewsKeithHaynes

Main pro contract story below.

Our features on Sammy. I’ll add others.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60262/bulls-striker-join

Latest.

OS

Swansea City striker Sammy Henia-Kamau has signed his first professional contract with the club.

The 18-year-old has extended his stay in SA1 until June 2025, having arrived in SA1 last summer as a scholar.

Henia-Kamau netted his first hat-trick in Swans colours in the under-18s’ opening PDL Cup group stage fixture against Cardiff City, as they went on to reach the final of that competition.

In total he scored 10 goals in all competitions during an impressive first season with the club.

The youngster spent his youth career at Jersey Bulls FC, and became the youngest player to net a hat-trick for their first team.

He went on to pick up the annual Sid Guy Award for the most outstanding player at the Jersey FA’s Centre of Excellence in June 2022.

He scored 20 goals in 15 matches for the Jersey Bulls Under-16s in all competitions, as well as six goals for their under-18s.

Swansea City Under-18s head coach Jarred Harvey said: "It's an incredible achievement, and it's something all young footballers dream of.

"I've only been here a short time, and Sammy has shown that he is capable and the hard work starts now, and hopefully he can get as close to that first team environment as he can.

"I want to congratulate Sammy on the contract, as its something you earn as a player and extend the congratulations to his family who have supported him throughout his career."

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 17:26 - Jul 6 with 706 viewsReslovenSwan1

A one year deal. If it is the club decision then they must have doubts and want to see more from him. If the short deal it is his decision then that means he will be off if he hits the height next season. Perhaps there is an extension option.

In my opinion the club have given long deals to players who do not deserve the like Lloyd Congreve and Cotterill and short deals to great prospects like Parker, Wilson and Abdullai. Parker in particular should be encouraged to sign an extra year or two. I hope Margetson rates Evan Watts. Who was the last Swansea in house keeper?

Govea is the stand out. Talent with a long deal. I have not seen his best.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 18:24 - Jul 6 with 689 viewsKeithHaynes

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 17:26 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

A one year deal. If it is the club decision then they must have doubts and want to see more from him. If the short deal it is his decision then that means he will be off if he hits the height next season. Perhaps there is an extension option.

In my opinion the club have given long deals to players who do not deserve the like Lloyd Congreve and Cotterill and short deals to great prospects like Parker, Wilson and Abdullai. Parker in particular should be encouraged to sign an extra year or two. I hope Margetson rates Evan Watts. Who was the last Swansea in house keeper?

Parker turned down his offer.

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 22:34 - Jul 6 with 592 viewsReslovenSwan1

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 18:24 - Jul 6 by KeithHaynes

Parker turned down his offer.

If they rate him they should pay more. Perhaps he will end up at Southampton?. Wood kept in touch with Southampton people after they left Swansea. He rejected all Swansea's advances.

Current Swansea staff members were reported at Wembley. No problem if they paid for their own tickets hotels and transport of course.

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 23:10 - Jul 6 with 576 viewsFireboy2

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 22:34 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

If they rate him they should pay more. Perhaps he will end up at Southampton?. Wood kept in touch with Southampton people after they left Swansea. He rejected all Swansea's advances.

Current Swansea staff members were reported at Wembley. No problem if they paid for their own tickets hotels and transport of course.

Is there a law stopping them from accepting tickets and watching that game or any other game?
Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 08:13 - Jul 7 with 519 viewsWhiterockin

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 23:10 - Jul 6 by Fireboy2

Is there a law stopping them from accepting tickets and watching that game or any other game?

I know of supporters who don't normally support us accepting tickets, hospitality including accomodation at at least one of our Wembley appearances. That's just the way football works.
[Post edited 7 Jul 8:15]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 17:40 - Jul 7 with 390 viewsReslovenSwan1

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 23:10 - Jul 6 by Fireboy2

If I was Coleman I would be concerned if Swansea staff were accepting free tickets and hospitality from Southampton football club.

There is no law against it. There is no law at making redundancies to staff who have commitment issues either.
[Post edited 7 Jul 17:54]

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 18:10 - Jul 7 with 367 viewsKeithHaynes

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 17:40 - Jul 7 by ReslovenSwan1

If I was Coleman I would be concerned if Swansea staff were accepting free tickets and hospitality from Southampton football club.

There is no law against it. There is no law at making redundancies to staff who have commitment issues either.
[Post edited 7 Jul 17:54]

Were they free ?

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 13:06 - Jul 8 with 231 viewsjasper_T

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 17:26 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I expect this one year contract was already included in the package offered to bring him here. A lot of the scholars we've brought in have had similar guaranteed pro year terms. Some prove worth it, others don't.

Parker signed the same 3 year deal the other prospects did. It's been good to see us commit to youngsters like that given how short-notice things tended to be in the PL era. There was a deliberate policy shift.
Login to get fewer ads

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 14:55 - Jul 8 with 174 viewsmagicdaps10

Sammy Henia-Kamau Pro deal on 13:06 - Jul 8 by jasper_T

I expect this one year contract was already included in the package offered to bring him here. A lot of the scholars we've brought in have had similar guaranteed pro year terms. Some prove worth it, others don't.

Parker signed the same 3 year deal the other prospects did. It's been good to see us commit to youngsters like that given how short-notice things tended to be in the PL era. There was a deliberate policy shift.

Similar to the Jon Grey deal when we brought him back home from Arsenal.
That turned out bad.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024