Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tata Steel 19:27 - Jun 27 with 3396 viewsraynor94

Have responded to the strikes, by fetching forward the shutdown of both Furnaces from September to July 7th.

What a sad situation, this will be the decimation of Port Talbot as a Town
[Post edited 27 Jun 19:27]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tata Steel on 19:37 - Jun 27 with 1121 viewsBoundy

The workers were dammed if they did or didn't agree to industrial action, shame on the UK and Welsh governments . The knock on affect is going to be massive ,affecting not the just the local community where TATA has to be the best payers in the area and with its loss comes the loss of many smaller businesses already struggling. By this country trying to hit zero carbon will only weaken us and strengthen those abroad from whence we will now be reliant on purchasing clean steel .Madness

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tata Steel on 19:50 - Jun 27 with 1109 viewsraynor94

Tata Steel on 19:37 - Jun 27 by Boundy

The workers were dammed if they did or didn't agree to industrial action, shame on the UK and Welsh governments . The knock on affect is going to be massive ,affecting not the just the local community where TATA has to be the best payers in the area and with its loss comes the loss of many smaller businesses already struggling. By this country trying to hit zero carbon will only weaken us and strengthen those abroad from whence we will now be reliant on purchasing clean steel .Madness

And abroad is from where we will now be shipping in Steel to roll in our mills.

Will these Arc Furnaces that use scrap steel ever be built now, I fear this is the beginning of the end for the whole plant

Tata Steel on 20:00 - Jun 27 with 1096 viewsBoundy

Tata Steel on 19:50 - Jun 27 by raynor94

Will these Arc Furnaces that use scrap steel ever be built now, I fear this is the beginning of the end for the whole plant

There's a good chance they won't be installed, why would they ,they could afford to lose production well before August ,imo they don't care about UK workers ,why should they Port Talbot's been losing money for them for years ,maybe this has all been a front because the knew the reaction they would have ?

Tata Steel on 20:07 - Jun 27 with 1086 viewsWhiterockin

Tata Steel on 20:00 - Jun 27 by Boundy

There's a good chance they won't be installed, why would they ,they could afford to lose production well before August ,imo they don't care about UK workers ,why should they Port Talbot's been losing money for them for years ,maybe this has all been a front because the knew the reaction they would have ?

It's very sad but personally I think the workers have played right into their hands, it was going to close now they have the option to do it immediately. As others have said, dammed if they do dammed if they don't.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Tata Steel on 20:08 - Jun 27 with 1085 viewsRobbie

As soon as Industirial Action was called for the writing was on the wall for the Plant .

TATA needed any excuse to put another nail in the coffin , this was just it .

I know they have been importing Hot Rolled Coil from India lately , the incoming quality on the product has been excellent too from what I am hearing .
Looks like the end of Welsh carbon steel is nearly on us .

A sad situation for an old ex British Steel employee like me and many others .
Tata Steel on 20:11 - Jun 27 with 1078 viewsmax936

The Senedd would rather waste money on Drakeford's idea's like this ridiculous 20mph nonsense.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tata Steel on 20:16 - Jun 27 with 1067 viewsmax936

We are the only Country it seems that wants to be seen as leading the World in this Zero Carbon thing, we're a tiny Country a mere head of a pin in World terms, yet we got to be seen as leading in everything, when the reality is that they just what to rinse the last penny out of British Tax payer.

Tata Steel on 20:17 - Jun 27 with 1066 viewsraynor94

Tata Steel on 20:08 - Jun 27 by Robbie

As soon as Industirial Action was called for the writing was on the wall for the Plant .

I know they have been importing Hot Rolled Coil from India lately , the incoming quality on the product has been excellent too from what I am hearing .

I'm exactly like you, 42 years service, a very sad situation indeed

Login to get fewer ads

Tata Steel on 20:22 - Jun 27 with 1051 viewsmax936

There's not the electrical infrastructure there to power those so called furnaces. nor is there at the National Grid either, its struggling to cope now.
[Post edited 27 Jun 20:24]

Tata Steel on 20:47 - Jun 27 with 1017 viewsFlashberryjack

And abroad is where most of big business will go, especially when we go full pelt into net zero.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tata Steel on 21:21 - Jun 27 with 992 viewsmax936

Tata Steel on 20:47 - Jun 27 by Flashberryjack

And abroad is where most of big business will go, especially when we go full pelt into net zero.

"especially when we go full pelt into net"

And what difference will that make to the World?

Tata Steel on 21:24 - Jun 27 with 989 viewsonehunglow

My first job there
Sad
However, maybe by now we should have diversified

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tata Steel on 21:39 - Jun 27 with 971 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Tata Steel on 21:21 - Jun 27 by max936

Zero, just take a look at India's growth in emissions.

Wales produces about 30 Million Tonnes of CO2 each year. Last year India increased its emissions by 230 Million Tonnes.
[Post edited 27 Jun 21:54]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Tata Steel on 21:41 - Jun 27 with 969 viewsFlashberryjack

Nothing, other than make countries with net zero policies poorer, and countries with a far gentler policy to net zero richer.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tata Steel on 21:42 - Jun 27 with 967 viewsRobbie

Importing HRC from India .
China will soon be eyeing potential opportunities to pump their metal into the UK .

Sure them Countries give a damn about their carbon footprint on the World .

This decision has nothing to with being Greener .

TATA has wanted to cut jobs for years due to financial reasons , to many high wages paid .

Look forward to Zero Contract offers added to cheaper labour costs going forward .
Tata Steel on 21:49 - Jun 27 with 950 viewsBoundy

Tata Steel on 20:22 - Jun 27 by max936

There's not the electrical infrastructure there to power those so called furnaces. nor is there at the National Grid either, its struggling to cope now.
[Post edited 27 Jun 20:24]

and the Grid will continue to struggle when so many with NIMBY attitudes keep protesting against other any new overhead lines being built

Tata Steel on 21:53 - Jun 27 with 944 viewsmax936

Tata Steel on 21:39 - Jun 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

Zero, just take a look at India's growth in emissions.

Wales produces about 30 Million Tonnes of CO2 each year. Last year India increased its emissions by 230 Million Tonnes.
[Post edited 27 Jun 21:54]

Exactly, look at China, Russia the US etc!

Tata Steel on 21:58 - Jun 27 with 912 viewsmax936

Tata Steel on 20:08 - Jun 27 by Robbie

Tata have held successive Governments to ransom with countless threats over the years, I spent 12yrs in there and left in 2016, I was working for a contractor and it was happening then.
This is the beginning of the end for the whole works.

Tata Steel on 22:11 - Jun 27 with 890 viewsRobbie

Tata Steel on 21:58 - Jun 27 by max936

Tata have held successive Governments to ransom with countless threats over the years, I spent 12yrs in there and left in 2016, I was working for a contractor and it was happening then.
This is the beginning of the end for the whole works.

Tata had threatened to pull out of the UK en bloc if they could not get any more subsidies .

Seems there is half a billion waiting for them when this part closure starts , although this was offered by the current Government ,

Richie gets the boot from No.10 , a new party comes in , will that money still be there after the General Election .
Tata Steel on 22:23 - Jun 27 with 871 viewspencoedjack

Tata Steel on 20:47 - Jun 27 by Flashberryjack

It’s not an issue we have a great infrastructure to attract new business into Wales.

I spent around 40 mins going from Magor to Newport this evening after travelling from Swindon to Magor with no traffic.

Wales is f****d.
Tata Steel on 23:01 - Jun 27 with 831 viewsmax936

Tata Steel on 22:23 - Jun 27 by pencoedjack

It’s not an issue we have a great infrastructure to attract new business into Wales.

I spent around 40 mins going from Magor to Newport this evening after travelling from Swindon to Magor with no traffic.

Wales is f****d.

If it my youngest wasn't the way he is I'd have pushed and pushed my Mrs for us to have moved abroad.

My eldest has just been diagnosed with Ankylosing spondylitis now as well, struggling with back pain and his left knee swelling, it never ends in this house, we need a sunnier warmer climate

Tata Steel on 08:41 - Jun 28 with 760 viewsBoundy

Tata Steel on 23:01 - Jun 27 by max936

If it my youngest wasn't the way he is I'd have pushed and pushed my Mrs for us to have moved abroad.

My eldest has just been diagnosed with Ankylosing spondylitis now as well, struggling with back pain and his left knee swelling, it never ends in this house, we need a sunnier warmer climate

Sorry to hear that Max , I'm a firm believer that the weather affects many physical conditions , I struggle when its cold and damp, no comfort to you I know and even less when I say that since 2016 the UK government has given India £2.3 billion in aid , I wonder when that will be reciprocated because its going to be needed.

Tata Steel on 08:56 - Jun 28 with 753 viewsblackswan

Government need to withdraw the 500 million and tell tata you have two options close it give everyone their redundancy money and pay for the dismantling of the plant ir here's a pound walk away. Then we need a Government owned state of the art steel works with arc and hydrogen furnaces so we can make virgin steel. All Government projects to use steel made here low carbon self sufficient green steel
Tata Steel on 09:20 - Jun 28 with 738 viewsraynor94

Tata Steel on 08:56 - Jun 28 by blackswan

Government need to withdraw the 500 million and tell tata you have two options close it give everyone their redundancy money and pay for the dismantling of the plant ir here's a pound walk away. Then we need a Government owned state of the art steel works with arc and hydrogen furnaces so we can make virgin steel. All Government projects to use steel made here low carbon self sufficient green steel

Can you make virgin steel from an electric arc furnace?

Tata Steel on 10:19 - Jun 28 with 696 viewsblackswan

Tata Steel on 09:20 - Jun 28 by raynor94

Can you make virgin steel from an electric arc furnace?

No the steel from an electric arc is poor quality recycled scrap and as it technology stands atm couldn't supply Trostre tin plate works! However hydrogen furnaces which are being done on the continent can produce high quality virgin steel needed for construction
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024