Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vetch Field Former Players Entrance - Official Re-opening ... 13:44 - May 27 with 966 viewstheloneranger

"Over the past 12 months or so we’ve been working on renovating the former players entrance at the old Vetch Field and have been providing regular updates on our website HERE"

"On Sunday 26th May an informal re-opening ceremony took place where former players and representatives of the FPA committee, the Swans Trust and Swansea City were invited along."

"So too all of those who kindly gave up their time and/or donated materials to help ensure we completed the project."

"Simon Davies from BBC Wales also kindly attended and compiled a piece for us on their BBC Wales Sport website HERE"

"The Swans Trust would like to express our thanks and gratitude to all the local companies and volunteers associated with putting this project together as below:"

"Our gratitude also goes out to Dawn Mitchell and her Vetch Veg Community Garden volunteers for their patience and co-operation over the past few months and for laying on tea and cakes for everyone that attended the re-opening ceremony."

Diolch yn fawr iawn.

Thanks everyone.

Swansea City Supporters’ Trust

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/news/vetch-field-former-players-entrance-official-r

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Vetch Field Former Players Entrance - Official Re-opening ... on 14:02 - May 27 with 929 viewsWhiterockin

Thank you all for your fantastic effort. I spent many hours outside that gate in my early teens and it brings back some wonderful memories. I look forward to visiting soon. Well done the trust for your continued work in the community, it's as always appreciated.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Vetch Field Former Players Entrance - Official Re-opening ... on 07:55 - May 28 with 700 viewsAnotherJohn

Great effort. I agree with Alan C when he says that it is good that the old stadium is now an open community space. It would be nice to develop one of two other Swans-connected features on the site linked to the community mission. I hope they don't build houses though. I really like the idea of preserving the outline of the old ground as a green space near the city centre.
Vetch Field Former Players Entrance - Official Re-opening ... on 09:58 - May 28 with 648 views1983

Brilliant 👍

Again can't believe this isn't on the club site and very sad that materials were donated and not paid for by SCFC, some forget where we came from. In my mind the Vetch Field ground is still there and always will be I can't bring myself to venture down that area since about a week or two before it was demolished

Vetch Field Former Players Entrance - Official Re-opening ... on 18:41 - May 28 with 523 viewsReslovenSwan1

Vetch Field Former Players Entrance - Official Re-opening ... on 09:58 - May 28 by 1983

Brilliant 👍

Again can't believe this isn't on the club site and very sad that materials were donated and not paid for by SCFC, some forget where we came from. In my mind the Vetch Field ground is still there and always will be I can't bring myself to venture down that area since about a week or two before it was demolished

I do not think like you. I like to see Welsh people doing thing for themselves for things they care about. We are a strong and resilient people and do not need to live off handouts from foreigners.

If money come for the owners then it should be from the Trust who have £1m in the bank.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Vetch Field Former Players Entrance - Official Re-opening ... on 19:43 - May 28 with 485 viewsBoundy

Vetch Field Former Players Entrance - Official Re-opening ... on 18:41 - May 28 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not think like you. I like to see Welsh people doing thing for themselves for things they care about. We are a strong and resilient people and do not need to live off handouts from foreigners.

If money come for the owners then it should be from the Trust who have £1m in the bank.

Fair play ,any occasion ,any opportunity and you're in like Flint.The Club existed well before this current regime were born and respect to those whose hone before should be acknowledged, especially by those who can afford it.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Vetch Field Former Players Entrance - Official Re-opening ... on 19:49 - May 28 with 483 viewsReslovenSwan1

Vetch Field Former Players Entrance - Official Re-opening ... on 19:43 - May 28 by Boundy

Fair play ,any occasion ,any opportunity and you're in like Flint.The Club existed well before this current regime were born and respect to those whose hone before should be acknowledged, especially by those who can afford it.

Yes indeed bravo to the people who organised this free from club money. If the Trust gave cash bravo to them. Exactly what they should be involved in.

I am not sure what they do.
[Post edited 29 May 18:47]

Vetch Field Former Players Entrance - Official Re-opening ... on 18:47 - May 29 with 351 viewsReslovenSwan1

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/alan-curtis-opens-vetch-field-players-entrance-

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024