Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Airport 10:18 - Jan 13 with 21465 viewsjohnlangy

I know you're all desperate to use and support our Welsh airport based in RHOOSE.

So here is the list of flights available for your delectation and delight in the coming year.

Ryanair ✈️
4 flights a week to Dublin 🇮🇪
3 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
3 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
1 flight a week to Tenerife 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Faro 🇵🇹
Vueling ✈️
3 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
KLM ✈️
3 flights a day to Amsterdam 🇳🇱
Loganair ✈️
6 flights a week to Edinburgh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Aer Lingus ✈️
Daily flights to Belfast City ☘️
Balkan Holidays ✈️
Saturday flights to Bulgaria 🇧🇬
TUI ✈️
6 flights a week to Palma 🇪🇸
3 flights a week to Dalaman 🇹🇷
3 flights a week to Antalya 🇹🇷
3 flights a week to Tenerife 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Larnaca 🇨🇾
2 flights a week to Tunisia 🇹🇳
2 flights a week to Lanzarote 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Paphos 🇨🇾
2 flights a week to Ibiza 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Corfu 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Rhodes 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Menorca 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Zante 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Bulgaria 🇧🇬
2 flights a week to Kos 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Dubrovnik 🇭🇷
1 flight a week to Kefalonia 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Reus 🇪🇸
1 fight a week to Crete 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Gran Canaria 🇪🇸

Enjoy
Cardiff Airport on 15:17 - Jul 25 with 1382 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Airport on 14:59 - Jul 25 by MrSwerve

Bristol airport, as much as I've used it down the years, is not really fit for purpose any longer in terms of the building, parking and surrounding areas. The footfall through the airport now is huge - always overcrowded with ridiculous security check waiting times. The terminal really does need some form of expansion. The increase in traffic around there has made it a bit of a nightmare to get to, plus you have to be careful with the ULEZ zone too (although we once went through it, queried it and didn't have to pay).

I'm more than happy to pay £100+ more for the same holiday to fly from Cardiff now (which I am doing in a weeks time funnily enough). A much less stressful experience all-round. Park right outside the entrance, baggage check-in and security in under 15-20 mins.

Id bluddy drive to France if I lived down there for holidays

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cardiff Airport on 15:45 - Jul 25 with 1339 viewstrampie

Cardiff Airport on 15:17 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

Id bluddy drive to France if I lived down there for holidays

I' wouldn't I've never found the French very welcoming.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cardiff Airport on 17:19 - Jul 25 with 1308 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Airport on 15:45 - Jul 25 by trampie

I' wouldn't I've never found the French very welcoming.

My experience was the Northern French, around Paris weren't very welcoming but the further south we went, the better it got, In Rheims, Nantes, Nice and Cannes they were lovely.
Cardiff Airport on 23:19 - Jul 26 with 1215 viewscontroversial_jack

I have found the French, even in Paris, More so than londoners
Cardiff Airport on 11:52 - Aug 15 with 1000 viewsWhiterockin

A fantastic insight by someone who actually knows what they are talking about. It really should open the eyes of those with opinions but no knowledge.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/what-needs-happen-turn-around-2968
Cardiff Airport on 12:03 - Aug 15 with 972 viewsAnotherJohn

I see that Wizz Air have a seemingly attractive deal whereby one pays a fixed annual fee (£430 up to today and then rising by £85) and can then get standby prices on all flights that have free seats for £9 a journey. The main snags are that most flights are from Luton (expensive to get to) and you can only book 3 days ahead, meaning return flights cannot be guaranteed for set dates. Pity they pulled out of Cardiff or it might have been worth considering.
Cardiff Airport on 12:13 - Aug 15 with 946 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Airport on 11:52 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

A fantastic insight by someone who actually knows what they are talking about. It really should open the eyes of those with opinions but no knowledge.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/what-needs-happen-turn-around-2968

I see the last sentence is very telling " I think it’s possible to conjure up a survival plan, although achieving even this will demand a rare combination of passion, courage, numeracy, and creative talent." I would add people who know what they're doing.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff Airport on 17:18 - Aug 15 with 829 viewslifelong

Cardiff Airport on 08:37 - Jul 23 by raynor94

With respect Bristol isn't difficult to get to, either straight down the M5 or the Avonmouth route and the by pass takes you just a couple of miles from the Airport.

Fair play to you Builth you are a great cheer leader for the Welsh government 👍

Drove our daughter and family to Bristol airport last Friday for a 6pm flight, departed Swansea at 1.15pm just about made the latest check in time at 5.10 pm, arrived home at 8.45pm….nightmare journey, in fact our daughter arrived in Ibiza before I got home.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Airport on 17:35 - Aug 15 with 786 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Airport on 17:18 - Aug 15 by lifelong

Drove our daughter and family to Bristol airport last Friday for a 6pm flight, departed Swansea at 1.15pm just about made the latest check in time at 5.10 pm, arrived home at 8.45pm….nightmare journey, in fact our daughter arrived in Ibiza before I got home.

Nobody is disagreeing other airports are more difficult to get to. The point is the money the Senedd are wasting on Cardiff Airport, the bad decision making and administration are highlighted above and I have posted it again here. It's our money they are wasting by being unprofessional.

[Post edited 15 Aug 17:37]
Cardiff Airport on 18:07 - Aug 15 with 744 viewsraynor94

I'm amazed you made it, drove to Trowbridge 2 weeks ago on a Friday, left at 11 am arrived 3.30pm.

Solid traffic past Newport and the Tunnels, plus the work on the bridge a total nightmare.

And this Welsh Assembly reckon we don't need a relief road, went over the old bridge on the way back far easier

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff Airport on 18:21 - Aug 15 with 731 viewsmax936

Cardiff Airport on 17:35 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

Nobody is disagreeing other airports are more difficult to get to. The point is the money the Senedd are wasting on Cardiff Airport, the bad decision making and administration are highlighted above and I have posted it again here. It's our money they are wasting by being unprofessional.

[Post edited 15 Aug 17:37]

They're spending or have spent 130 million on 6 new Am's or whatever they are, new offices their own staff etc.

Where this extra work as come from for them to warrant this expenditure god only knows, one of my customers is a recently retired councillor and he was telling me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cardiff Airport on 18:47 - Aug 15 with 704 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Airport on 18:21 - Aug 15 by max936

They're spending or have spent 130 million on 6 new Am's or whatever they are, new offices their own staff etc.

Where this extra work as come from for them to warrant this expenditure god only knows, one of my customers is a recently retired councillor and he was telling me.

With the exception of the Vaughn Guessing debate , every time I've watched the Senendd TV comedy hour the chamber is nearly empty . The next big thing will be the new offices for them as they're now saying the multi million pound glass house is too small for their needs. Bearing in mind I believe they're still paying for the lease on the temporary offices across the way they used during the construction of the new build.

Cardiff Airport on 19:23 - Aug 15 with 678 viewsSullutaCreturned

Out of interest, how much of that nightmare journey was delays in England, how much in Wales?
Did you have problems at the Brynglas tunnels? heavy traffic on the M4? Or was all of the delay in and around the airport?
Cardiff Airport on 20:36 - Aug 15 with 623 viewslifelong

Cardiff Airport on 19:23 - Aug 15 by SullutaCreturned

Out of interest, how much of that nightmare journey was delays in England, how much in Wales?
Did you have problems at the Brynglas tunnels? heavy traffic on the M4? Or was all of the delay in and around the airport?

Out of interest are you attempting to use this thread to have yet another dig at the Welsh Government?

There were delays for the whole length of the journey, the M49 was nose to tail, the M5 was at a standstill, the road that runs under the Clifton Suspension Bridge was at snails pace and the last few miles to the airport took the best part of an hour.
Cardiff Airport on 20:43 - Aug 15 with 616 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Airport on 20:36 - Aug 15 by lifelong

Out of interest are you attempting to use this thread to have yet another dig at the Welsh Government?

There were delays for the whole length of the journey, the M49 was nose to tail, the M5 was at a standstill, the road that runs under the Clifton Suspension Bridge was at snails pace and the last few miles to the airport took the best part of an hour.

Out of further interest ,are you incapable of admitting fault in anything Welsh .
It is not slagging off ,as you find it,just dissatisfaction with the system.
And try to engage with others with a little respect for their opinion

Cardiff Airport on 20:53 - Aug 15 with 596 viewsraynor94

It is August during the school holidays, so you expect the M5 to be busy, did you use the M5 or Avonmouth and the by pass?

In fairness you can't argue that Newport and the tunnels are a nightmare, we are in dire need of a relief road

Cardiff Airport on 21:05 - Aug 15 with 567 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff Airport on 20:53 - Aug 15 by raynor94

It is August during the school holidays, so you expect the M5 to be busy, did you use the M5 or Avonmouth and the by pass?

In fairness you can't argue that Newport and the tunnels are a nightmare, we are in dire need of a relief road

I drove back from Bristol earlier today. I left around 1.30pm and returned via the road under the Clifton Bridge and the M49. Getting out of Bristol was ok, but I could see the M5 was really slow and the M49 was down to 1 lane for about a mile before the roundabout at the POW bridge slip road as they were funnelling traffic in to 1 lane on account of the resurfacing work taking place on the POW bridge. Westbound was down to 1 lane on the west bound direction and a contra flow against the east bound traffic, all in all it was down to 2 lanes in either direction. Took ages to get across but much to my surprise Newport and the tunnels were clear westbound, but busy eastbound.

The delays today were around Cardiff and Port Talbot, a lot of it caused by w⚓️s swapping and switching lanes Willy nillycausing other road users to brake etc and middle lane hogging. 🤬🤬⚓️
[Post edited 15 Aug 22:10]
Cardiff Airport on 22:02 - Aug 15 with 538 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Airport on 21:05 - Aug 15 by majorraglan

I drove back from Bristol earlier today. I left around 1.30pm and returned via the road under the Clifton Bridge and the M49. Getting out of Bristol was ok, but I could see the M5 was really slow and the M49 was down to 1 lane for about a mile before the roundabout at the POW bridge slip road as they were funnelling traffic in to 1 lane on account of the resurfacing work taking place on the POW bridge. Westbound was down to 1 lane on the west bound direction and a contra flow against the east bound traffic, all in all it was down to 2 lanes in either direction. Took ages to get across but much to my surprise Newport and the tunnels were clear westbound, but busy eastbound.

The delays today were around Cardiff and Port Talbot, a lot of it caused by w⚓️s swapping and switching lanes Willy nillycausing other road users to brake etc and middle lane hogging. 🤬🤬⚓️
[Post edited 15 Aug 22:10]

My absolute pet hate swapping lanes, and the merging in where they drive up to the closure and try to force their way in

Cardiff Airport on 01:38 - Aug 16 with 499 viewsRobbie

Son lives in Porthcawl , went to call few days ago on a weekday evening albiet .

Short of Briton Ferry bridge to Taibach was nose to tail of cars , mainly in crawl gear ,

Driving in Wales , an awful experience on that stretch of the M4 .

I was more concerned looking at my speed and the speed cameras than the road ahead .
Cardiff Airport on 16:17 - Aug 16 with 411 viewsSullutaCreturned

I was after genuine facts about your journey as you attacked bristol airport but if the delays were not all in or around Bristl then it cannot be blamed 100% for the journey; we know there are very often delays on parts of the M4 and we know why.

Given how much money the Senedd pumps into CWL when the road infrastructure is no longer fit for purpose AND their drive to be eco friendly when their policies are producing more pollution, take it as a dig.

It's not like I never have a dig at Westminster. You never comment on that yet you are very defensive about the Senedd. It seems odd to me to defend something that does such a bad job.
No doubt you will agree with me though when I say Westminster has been utter garbage for a long, long time?
Cardiff Airport on 16:18 - Aug 16 with 409 viewsmax936

Cardiff Airport on 18:47 - Aug 15 by Boundy

With the exception of the Vaughn Guessing debate , every time I've watched the Senendd TV comedy hour the chamber is nearly empty . The next big thing will be the new offices for them as they're now saying the multi million pound glass house is too small for their needs. Bearing in mind I believe they're still paying for the lease on the temporary offices across the way they used during the construction of the new build.

The duckers are doing what the like, they got a free get out of jail card with the Welsh Labour supporting public.

They are wasting 130 million on 6 new staff to do what god knows, yet the Bell Drakers pulled the bypass that was and still is desperately needed, Brynglas Tunnels and the Coldra are an ongoing nightmare and he just dismissed the idea after millions were spent on the design and plans for the relief road and he got away with it, its ridiculous and now the clown is the Health Secretary for Welsh, you couldn't make it up you really couldn't

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cardiff Airport on 18:11 - Aug 16 with 336 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Airport on 16:18 - Aug 16 by max936

The duckers are doing what the like, they got a free get out of jail card with the Welsh Labour supporting public.

They are wasting 130 million on 6 new staff to do what god knows, yet the Bell Drakers pulled the bypass that was and still is desperately needed, Brynglas Tunnels and the Coldra are an ongoing nightmare and he just dismissed the idea after millions were spent on the design and plans for the relief road and he got away with it, its ridiculous and now the clown is the Health Secretary for Welsh, you couldn't make it up you really couldn't

It is perturbing that amount of support Labour has in Wales , I suppose the hatred of the Tories is enough to blind voters of the ineptitude mismanagement , the extraordinary amount of millions wasted n giving grants to potential investors who once the money runs out disappears, TVR & Inos for example , every thing they touch is a disaster with no positive outlook ahead for us , our kids and their kids just more of the same , nothing

Cardiff Airport on 18:52 - Aug 16 with 281 viewslifelong

Cardiff Airport on 16:17 - Aug 16 by SullutaCreturned

I was after genuine facts about your journey as you attacked bristol airport but if the delays were not all in or around Bristl then it cannot be blamed 100% for the journey; we know there are very often delays on parts of the M4 and we know why.

Given how much money the Senedd pumps into CWL when the road infrastructure is no longer fit for purpose AND their drive to be eco friendly when their policies are producing more pollution, take it as a dig.

It's not like I never have a dig at Westminster. You never comment on that yet you are very defensive about the Senedd. It seems odd to me to defend something that does such a bad job.
No doubt you will agree with me though when I say Westminster has been utter garbage for a long, long time?

So, by me stating that it took me almost 8 hours to drive to Bristol airport and back is somehow defending the Senedd?

I would suggest the delays on the M4 are not much different to the delays on motorways at certain times throughout the UK.

Try driving to Airports like Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham etc at rush hour times and see how you get on.
Cardiff Airport on 19:02 - Aug 16 with 274 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Airport on 18:52 - Aug 16 by lifelong

So, by me stating that it took me almost 8 hours to drive to Bristol airport and back is somehow defending the Senedd?

I would suggest the delays on the M4 are not much different to the delays on motorways at certain times throughout the UK.

Try driving to Airports like Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham etc at rush hour times and see how you get on.

Just why do you get all shirty when anyone criticises anything Welsh.
Cat is making a point
He’s a well respected long term poster who doesn’t insult anyone ever .He merely states his opinion.
Now,if you are incapable,as it seems you are,of not creating a decent ,less confrontational riposte ,don’t .
You need to review before you post

Cardiff Airport on 19:09 - Aug 16 with 268 viewslifelong

Cardiff Airport on 19:02 - Aug 16 by onehunglow

Just why do you get all shirty when anyone criticises anything Welsh.
Cat is making a point
He’s a well respected long term poster who doesn’t insult anyone ever .He merely states his opinion.
Now,if you are incapable,as it seems you are,of not creating a decent ,less confrontational riposte ,don’t .
You need to review before you post

WTF has it got to do with you regarding the way I post?

He was stating that I always defend the Senedd which is incorrect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024