Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GCSE results. 10:35 - Aug 24 with 2169 viewsGwyn737

Well done to all those picking up results today.

There’s an argument to say they’ve been the most disrupted cohort, so they should be applauded for their efforts 👏
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:43 - Aug 26 with 469 viewscontroversial_jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:11 - Aug 26 by felixstowe_jack

Guess you consider all exams are divisive. Why not just say everyone has passed and are all equal.

No, just that those kids placed in the lower bands can't sit the higher level exams. anything below a C, though a pass, is basically useless
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:07 - Aug 26 with 441 viewsGwyn737

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:43 - Aug 26 by controversial_jack

No, just that those kids placed in the lower bands can't sit the higher level exams. anything below a C, though a pass, is basically useless

You can achieve a C at foundation GCSE maths in Wales. In England you can get a 5 which is the equivalent of a C plus.

This year you have to be especially careful comparing results between England and Wales as England choose to reset boundaries after covid in a harsher way.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:53 - Aug 26 with 424 viewscontroversial_jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:07 - Aug 26 by Gwyn737

You can achieve a C at foundation GCSE maths in Wales. In England you can get a 5 which is the equivalent of a C plus.

This year you have to be especially careful comparing results between England and Wales as England choose to reset boundaries after covid in a harsher way.

A C grade is not really going to set anyone up for A levels.

I remember getting an A in German GCSE from night school. I enlisted for A level, and when i had my first lesson in A level German, I was lost for ages. The difference was so much greater. This was a long time ago though
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:50 - Aug 26 with 415 viewsGwyn737

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:53 - Aug 26 by controversial_jack

A C grade is not really going to set anyone up for A levels.

I remember getting an A in German GCSE from night school. I enlisted for A level, and when i had my first lesson in A level German, I was lost for ages. The difference was so much greater. This was a long time ago though

You’re right, it’s not.

If a child is at the foundation level at the start of year 10, it’s incredibly unlikely they’ll be capable of taking A level maths.

Foundation gives them the best chance of achieving a pass which pretty much keeps all other doors (other than a level maths) open.

Unlike the 11+ or selection the door still isn’t shut. They can retake the higher tier later if they wish, with the security having a pass grade in the bank.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024